Future Forward deputy leader admits sharing fake news about Gen Prawit

webfact

Future Forward deputy leader admits sharing fake news about Gen Prawit

444.png

Future Forward party deputy leader Lt-Gen Pongsakorn Rodchompoo has admitted to Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) police that he shared a fake news story about Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan without knowing that it was fake.

Pol Lt-Gen Surachet Hakparn, commissioner of the Immigration Bureau, said in a Facebook post today that Lt-Gen Pongsakorn, the former secretary-general of the National Security Council, reported to police last night but claimed that he had no intention to discredit General Prawit.

The fake news in question alleged that the deputy prime minister claimed a refund from the Welfare Fund for coffee on four occasions, each costing 12,000 baht.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/future-forward-deputy-leader-admits-sharing-fake-news-about-gen-prawit/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-03-05

6 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

why fake news? Aren't there enough true news about the general?

I bet the henchmen of the ruling regime who cannot be named, have threatened that guy with a gun.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

but claimed that he had no intention to discredit General Prawit

Good grief why ever not .. If ever there was an individual worthy of discrediting it's toad in the hole Prawit ..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I wonder what IQ this man has? Most TV members are aware of the dangers of sharing fake news and defamatory articles. Surely the FF Party have someone with half a brain cell somewhere in their midst (<deleted>)

Easy to share fake news in Thailand - as most of it is fake ..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, joebrown said:

I wonder what IQ this man has? Most TV members are aware of the dangers of sharing fake news and defamatory articles. Surely the FF Party have someone with half a brain cell somewhere in their midst (<deleted>)

Another example, yesterday I saw a very recent clip of their leader saying his party would allow thaksin to come back and be tried again because the previous trials were unfair. 

Rather shocked me that made such a statement, a very complicated idea and especialy since such an event needs to follow a process. Is there such a process? 

I wondered what his offsider thought, he's a law profesor.  

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Future Forward party deputy leader Lt-Gen Pongsakorn Rodchompoo has admitted to Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) police that he shared a fake news story about Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan without knowing that it was fake.

In the US you could do that to a public figure as parody.  Mr. Pongsakorn, being a Thai, should know that unlike the US there is no Thai version of The Onion.  Run a parody piece and you'll go to jail for defamation.  That simply.  All you can say is that was rather stupid.  Well, so much for Future Forward. 

There is clear more than ever a devide in high ranks police and army.

to be honest , I do not think upcoming elections is the end of it, there is a lot more to come.

i do not believe thaksin has also given up either nor do I believe junta has full control or will retain full control.

Edited by BestB

4 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Am I wrong, or does his last name translate to "pink car"? Any connection to Chalerm of pink Bentley fame?

The first syllable is รอด rord, not รถ car. Rord often means to survive, escape from danger, punishment. Unlikely in this case I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1