Need to Transfer visa to new passport

Hello All,  my current passport is almost full. I have an appointment for a new one. My question is do I have to return to the province in which I converted my tourist visa to a retirement visa to get my visa information transferred over to the new passport book. Can I get my visa information transferred to the new book at the Bangkok immigration center. I am asking because I moved from the province that originally converted my tourist visa to a retirement. I don't want to travel back there but the new province is saying they cannot do the transfer. I hope my question is understandable. 

what do you have stamped in your old passport, a visa, or an extension of stay, from reading the post it would seem you had a 60 day entry tourist visa which you converted to a non immigrant 'O' visa at a local immigration office 2,000 baht and have a fresh 90 day permission to stay stamp given by that office, and you are also saying you have moved from that immigration area to another area. is that correct

If you have formally changed your address to another office it could be done at that office.

Visas are not transferred. Only a annotation of the visa used to get  the entry that you have been extending is done. And your most recent extension  of stay is transferred to your new passport.

1 hour ago, steve187 said:

what do you have stamped in your old passport, a visa, or an extension of stay, from reading the post it would seem you had a 60 day entry tourist visa which you converted to a non immigrant 'O' visa at a local immigration office 2,000 baht and have a fresh 90 day permission to stay stamp given by that office, and you are also saying you have moved from that immigration area to another area. is that correct

Yes, I recently moved after converting a 60 day visa to a immigrant O visa. The new office is telling me they cannot help me if I get a new passport, as far as updating the new one. I would prefer to go to Bangkok immigration since I'll be there to get the new passport in a few days. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

If you have formally changed your address to another office it could be done at that office.

Visas are not transferred. Only a annotation of the visa used to get  the entry that you have been extending is done. And your most recent extension  of stay is transferred to your new passport.

Yes, I have done a 90 day check in at the new one and after a trip abroad my landlord updated my status with them also. I'm not sure why they are saying they can't help me update my passport. But, could I get it done at Bangkok immigration? 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, ubonjoe said:

Yesterday I transferred the extension of stay from old to new passport.

When receiving my new passport from Trendy Building office i received a letter template to be filled in by me and issued to Immigration office.

At the Immigration office yesterday they required from me:
1. the filled-in letter template.
2. the immigration office had their own 1 page form i had to fill-in.
3. 1 x b&w copy of every page in my old passport with a Thai stamp on it - sign every page.
4. 1 x b&w copy of the main information page in my old passport - signed
5. 1 x b&w copy of the extension of stay page in my old passport - signed
6. 1 x b&w copy showing the last-entry-in-to-Thailand page in my old passport - signed
7. 1 x b&w copy of the Departure Form - signed
8. 1 x b&w copy of the main information page in my new passport - signed
9. The old and the new passports

Took about 20 minutes for them to (i) put a few stamps (seem to refer to the details of the 1st Thai visa and the last Thai visa in the old passport) and (ii) a new extension of stay stamp (which mirrors the one in my old passport) in to my new passport.

Edited by Bredbury Blue