Why do TVF Expats so dislike other expats?

8 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

What makes u think that the Tvf members are expats?

Most of the posters aren’t even living  in Thailand and those who are in Thailand are simply long term staying tourists just living alone or staying with some bar girl..

You must be on drugs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

@NCC1701A look look more Expat bickering. This one is getting harsh! Quick, quick, fight! Fight! Hurry.

@marcusarelus yeah yeah thats what hes implying. Dont take that crap from him!

It is difficult for most of these people not to make negative, snide remarks about another man's wife. Typical of what is accepted for brilliant commentary here.  My wife works at a factory and they fabricate large equipment.  One guy says, "I'm speechless" and another says, "I'm sure she enjoys her time at the factory."  My expression, "wink wink."

They don't have a firm grasp of reality like the guy who thought the bartender was keeping a bottle of tea under the bar.  They want to see the worst because that is what they have and what they can get and want to lower anyone else into their gutter.  That's one reason why I avoid them. I'm an old guy and don't want to get into it if another man calls my wife a hooker.  What should I do?  Hit him over the head with my cane?  Photo of my cane. 

cane.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

It is difficult for most of these people not to make negative, snide remarks about another man's wife. Typical of what is accepted for brilliant commentary here.  My wife works at a factory and they fabricate large equipment.  One guy says, "I'm speechless" and another says, "I'm sure she enjoys her time at the factory."  My expression, "wink wink."

They don't have a firm grasp of reality like the guy who thought the bartender was keeping a bottle of tea under the bar.  They want to see the worst because that is what they have and what they can get and want to lower anyone else into their gutter.  That's one reason why I avoid them. I'm an old guy and don't want to get into it if another man calls my wife a hooker.  What should I do?  Hit him over the head with my cane?  Photo of my cane. 

cane.jpg

Yeah! Smash him with your cane! Give the cur a....a....a.......umm.......horsewhipping! Thats it! A horsewhipping! The cad! Its now a point of honour!

Edited by Nyezhov

15 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah! Smash him with your cane! Give the cur a....a....a.......umm.......horsewhipping! Thats it! Its now a point of honour!

That's why I put the question to you.  What should I do if a Farang called my wife a hooker?  If you read what I wrote it was a question.  I'm an old guy.  Given what I know about Thailand I could knock him out for a 500 baht fine but if I happened to kill him I'd be in trouble so what would you suggest?

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

That's why put the question to you.  What should I do if a Farang called my wife a hooker?  If you read what I wrote it was a question.  I'm an old guy.  Given what I know about Thailand I could knock him out for a 500 baht fine but if I happened to kill him I'd be in trouble so what would you suggest?

Ive always been kind of a knout guy myself. Even an old guy can use one, just swinging your arm.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe TV should publish the location from where each post is made. In most cases it should be accurate if users don't use VPNs.

Or just publish if each person ( expat) ???? is posting from Thailand or outside of Thailand.

post from Thailand gets a Thai flag besides their name post from outside no flag.

7 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I do and I have quite a few Thai men I can genuinely call friends. 

Must admit to not having many western friends,  three at most,  simply because they aren't that many around here. I'm a pretty easy going sort of bloke and have no problem with people generally. 

Edit to add: I draw the line at people from the UK.  Biggest bunch of whingers I've ever met here and in Australia over the decades. 

There would be no Australia were it not for the UK and neither would you have a language to slag us off in but for Britain.

14 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Or just publish if each person ( expat) ???? is posting from Thailand or outside of Thailand.

post from Thailand gets a Thai flag besides their name post from outside no flag.

It has "location" on each member profile if they wish to complete it (truthfully).

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Ive always been kind of a knout guy myself. Even an old guy can use one, just swinging your arm.

I have heard the knout was not survivable for the serfs, as it actually broke backs. Hankering for the good old days?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

And if they use a VPN?

My posts would show that I'm in the UK but I'm actually in Thailand.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have heard the knout was not survivable for the serfs, as it actually broke backs. Hankering for the good old days?

Nothing brightens up life more than a good flogging!

Of someone else

Edited by Nyezhov

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe TV should publish the location from where each post is made. In most cases it should be accurate if users don't use VPNs.

At the moment I'm posting from Germany. When I'm in Thailand, I have no time to waste on TV ???? my wife is to demanding and there are many other things to do, too.

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I think this particular poster that your refer to is steeped in the British tradition of "black humour" ... it's supposed to be interpreted as a joke and not taken literally. Might be difficult for a non-Brit to understand if you are not raised with it. 

Actually I was considering that this particular person only made bad jokes, nevertheless my post coins what I loath about some posters. Perhaps I could have picked better examples to quote. My bad.

13 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

cane.jpg

The cane is much to fine to be stained with brains or blood or guts, in case you want to stab him. 

The easiest and probably most legal and fair way to get rid of such a mongrel is to tell your wife. She will tell her brother, he will tell his son, and his friends take care about it.

However, that is not very satisfying. I suggest to put the crane on the top of the bar. Take a heavy glass, not one of the german "Weizenbier" glasses, but perhaps they have a german "Stein" or "Mass".

Don't bother breaking it theatralicly at the edge of the bar! Just smack him in the face.

Note: hitting the head only messes up his hair.

Hit his face, smash his nose! 

You see: you can use an unharmed and clean crane to walk home, smiling.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

That's why I put the question to you.  What should I do if a Farang called my wife a hooker?  If you read what I wrote it was a question.  I'm an old guy.  Given what I know about Thailand I could knock him out for a 500 baht fine but if I happened to kill him I'd be in trouble so what would you suggest?

Actually that happened to me. 10 or 20 years ago, I politely pointed out if he had done that on Sicily or Korsika (or to man from there, or from Turkey or Greece)  he would be a dead man. Don't remember if it was my sister or my mother or my GF he insulted ... he ran away though.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Many reasons advanced for not liking other expats either on TV or in the flesh, such as:

I don't like you because you are a Brit/Yank/Aussie/Frog/Kiwi/Kraut etc. Reminds me of Dirty Harry.

I don't like you because I think I am more educated than you.

I don't like you because your opinions are offensive to me.

I don't like you because you associate with bar girls/ are a boozer / have poor personal hygiene.

I don't like you because you are too rich/ too poor.

I don't like your politics. I don't like your religious beliefs.

I don't like you whinging constantly.

So many judgmental people. IMHO it's possible to like someone even if you don't share their views. It's difficult to like anyone if you don't like yourself.

Sure, you can still like someone who has opposing views to your own, why anyone would extend that to someone they find offensive is odd to say the least, if it not those who offend us who we don't want around then who?  Or are you just happy to have someone around?

18 hours ago, Jaxxper said:

It's not just the TVF forum, there are other forums out there that seem to be less moderated and the comments and observations I've seen are childish on the good side and absolutely offensive at the other end of the pole. Some of the forums I have stopped reading the posts. They divert rapidly from the news story topic to attack either other Foreigners or indeed Thais, and end up with no relevance to the original news post. There is a lot of anger out there in the expat community for some reason. For heavens sake this is the LOS. Enjoy , live and let live.

Many of those other forums are populated by people who've been banned from ThaiVisa in the past. Others are simply not very well moderated and if you aren't in the "inner circle" of friends with the Admin you can expect to get flamed hard at every turn with no help from the mods/admin. 

Many of those other forums shed light on what a lot of expats here are really like, and why so many people really don't like their fellow expats. 

Being able to anonymously (more or less) post from the safety of your keyboard gives a lot of people the balls they wouldn't have normally in public. It's a common thing that most people have probably experienced in real life as well, where they are confronted (or see a confrontation) by someone with a big mouth - and a couple friends to back him up - but when you see that same person alone somewhere else, they act completely differently (because they don't have their "balls" to back them up).

Same idea on the internet. Big mouths and big balls behind a keyboard. Closed mouth and no balls in public. But when you see what some of them post (and how they post) you can imagine that they are probably not the kind of people you'd want to pal around with.
Even if they keep their thoughts to themselves in public - you know the kind of person they are (and will be again the minute their "balls" return).

I set my expectations for most of my fellow expats very low and if they exceed those expectations - great ! But if they don't, I'm not disappointed as they've done pretty much what I thought they'd do.
(Kind of like the old saying - Plan for the worst but hope for the best.)

• Like 1

After 13 yrs here, I see it as.....many are angry old men, here with barely enough money to live day to day that sit in a lonely room most of the day and drink.

You have the same guys basically from 2 countries that think they are better than everyone else and throw the verbal insults about people from other countries and if you respond to them they are quick to cry to admins.

Happily I found the ignore feature.

I am not a Keyboard Commando and will not engage them.,,,,,, they can go argue with soneone else, but it wont be me.

After 13 yrs here, I see it as.....many are angry old men, here with barely enough money to live day to day that sit in a lonely room most of the day and drink.
You have the same guys basically from 2 countries that think they are better than everyone else and throw the verbal insults about people from other countries and if you respond to them they are quick to cry to admins.

Happily I found the ignore feature.
I am not a Keyboard Commando and will not engage them.,,,,,, they can go argue with soneone else, but it wont be me.

You see them sitting in a lonely room drinking most of the day?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2