Army chief is a thorn in democracy’s side

webfact

Just now, Eric Loh said:

You not fooling anyone with your superficial skimming critic of the junta. You still a junta boy. What give away was your shortsighted in acknowledging the military shortfalls since 1932 and simply gave a singular poor excuse of an amnesty which didn’t materialized to anything while turning a blind eye to the military self award amnesty. You are an ardent junta supporter all along. 

Just your diversion and your wrong. Sure I didn't mention the military amnesty, that doesn't mean I'm indicating it's OK. Your just clutching for straws.

And by the way just because the 3.00 am in the morning attempt to get your idol an amnesty failed doesn't reduce the immorally and the disrespect for all Thai people. 

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Just your diversion and your wrong. Sure I didn't mention the military amnesty, that doesn't mean I'm indicating it's OK. Your just clutching for straws.

And by the way just because the 3.00 am in the morning attempt to get your idol an amnesty failed doesn't reduce the immorally and the disrespect for all Thai people. 

Oh yah. An honest omission. Not fooling anyone. And by the way, if you really in the know, the Dem decided not to participate in the morning vote although asked Not that I am indicating it’s ok, 

35 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Oh yah. An honest omission. Not fooling anyone. And by the way, if you really in the know, the Dem decided not to participate in the morning vote although asked Not that I am indicating it’s ok, 

Oh come on el, your slipping but trying to defend the actions of the paymaster's boot boys is a challenge...

Oh and you omitted something in your post ..... 

Bye.

"...An honest omission. Not fooling anyone. ..."

Yep just like your idol on several occasions tried the line 'it was just an honest mistake'...

Edited by scorecard

The role of a military in modern democratic (or even quasi-democratic) society has always been to enforce the will of the majority of the people in emergency situations, whether in conflict or in civil emergency. 

The role the Thai military has adopted is to force upon society the will of the military.

9 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

The role of a military in modern democratic (or even quasi-democratic) society has always been to enforce the will of the majority of the people in emergency situations, whether in conflict or in civil emergency. 

The role the Thai military has adopted is to force upon society the will of the military.

Oh so wise...

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

Another potentially despotic military leader lining up for his turn to control 99% of the people, pocket a mountain of wealth and run the country into the ground.

I have a feeling this gut feeling he will make PM Prayut look like a man with the qualities of Mother Teresa.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If Thailand doesn't free itself soon from military rule it might never escape from it.

I think you're right. Too many buffoons and fools, and the underlying IQ of Thais does not speak well of any ability for abstract thought. Democracy is an abstract, which is why Thais have such a problem implementing (or even understanding) it.

If you understand physics and mathemeatics, be a physicist.

If you understand medicine, be a doctor.

If you understand law, be a lawyer

If you understand sod all, remain calm, try to remain quiet and not brag about your sooper-dooper education.

And therein lies Thailand's biggest problem.

Edited by MisterPenguin

48 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Another potentially despotic military leader lining up for his turn to control 99% of the people, pocket a mountain of wealth and run the country into the ground.

I have a feeling this gut feeling he will make PM Prayut look like a man with the qualities of Mother Teresa.

Yep. a redneck. mouth bigger than brain.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Showing that you don't understand how things operate differently in different countries and especially when there are folks who have no hesitation (and no morals) to try to gain an amnesty at 3.00 am in the morning when Thailand was asleep, for a convicted criminal who still has some 12 charges of massive corruption unheard, which clearly would have been mysteriously cancelled outside of proper juristic process, if the amnesty had worked.

You clearly support this mob - a thaksin fan boy. 

And I confirm as I have done many times I am just as critical of the current pm as most other folks and I confirm I find this new army leader to be nothing less than dangerous.

but but Thaksin......

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

a thaksin fan boy. 

Yep.

I am.

Comfortably the best politician this country has seen.

The country would have come on in leaps and bounds if the Elite had not got rid of him.

So, he may have got considerably richer.

So what?

Everybody else has whose been in power.

My only hope these days is for a new beginning with Thanatorn and the FF party and the 6.6 mil new voters.

44 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

You mean the only Prime Minister to have ever served a full term in power - all his predecessors were throw out, have to agree! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

but but Thaksin......

Yep.

I am.

The country would have come on in leaps and bounds if the Elite had not got rid of him.

So, he may have got considerably richer.

So what?

Everybody else has whose been in power.

My only hope these days is for a new beginning with Thanatorn and the FF party and the 6.6 mil new voters.

You want to build the future of this wonderful country with highly corrupt thieves and power hungry families at the helm who have no hesitation to break laws and destroy the checks and balances, with a gang who manipulate the populace with 500 Baht sweeteners, all for one purpose of making the corrupt guys even more rich and nothing more, well that's your choice.

I'm hoping my children and my grandchildren grow up seeing ethics and balance.

Well it takes all kinds

• Confused 2

It's not difficult running a nation as a democracy. I mean...evidence of imperfect democracies are everywhere. The trouble is that's not what's really desired by the people who really run the country. So therein lies the issue. Coups are merely do-overs. All the posturing is just that. It's not about democracy or anything but oligarchic control. If all power could be handed to yellow shirts you'd have *democracy* forever. But that's not how it works.

Edited by ozmeldo
  • Like 1

.The Principles of Democracy

The following analysis uses a simple model of the key elements of democracy as it exists today:

1.Citizen involvement in decision making

2. A system of representation

3. The rule of law

4. An electoral system - majority rule

5. Some degree of equality among citizens

6. Some degree of liberty; or freedom granted to or retained by citizens

7. Education