Big Joke: Nabs two Nigerian scammers on overstay

webfact

Big Joke: Nabs two Nigerian scammers on overstay

7pm.jpg

Picture: INN

Immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has announced the arrest of two Nigerian scammers who posed as officials at a financial institution to defraud investors. 

Arrested at a rented room in Bangkapi, Bangkok, were Emmanual Olichagew, 55, and Friday Ochiaga, 41 (names are transliterated from Thai and may be incorrect). 

The Lt-Gen - known by his moniker of Big Joke - said that a financial institution had made a complaint. Using email the men had posed as real people at the institution, reported INN. 

However, they had used their own phone numbers for communication and this ultimately led to their arrests.

The Nigerians were found to be on overstay of 1 year 9 months and 4 days. 

Another Nigerian who received the stolen funds is being sought. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-03-12

I'd be more impressed with Big Joke if he arrested the Bangkok boiler room scammers, who cause enormous damage to people around the world. I realise that this would never happen under Big Joke's watch, but you would think that the BIB and military were on their payroll?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

How about this Freshly received mail which I prompted that person to send after they got my email from a business website. The person/s indeed have Asean base either in bkk or kl. Here you go;

Hello my Dearest Friend,

Thanks for replying my mail  despite your busy schedules. How are you over there in your country. I believe that you are fine.

My name is Huda Hamza. I am from Benghazi Libya in North Africa, i am  24yrs old,  5.3ft tall, fair in complexion,(never married) I am presently residing in refugee camp in Senegal  as a result of the sudden death of my late parents who were killed by rebels on March 9th 2015. 16 of the 24 yrs of my life was spent in South Africa with my dads younger sister. I returned to Libya a few month before the death of my dad following the demise of my aunt whom I lived with. My late father Dr. Ibrahim Hamza was an oil and gas contractor with the Libyan Government before his death.

Early morning on Monday 9th March 2015, some group of rebels came to our house with two pickup Vans. They entered our house and  murdered my father and mother in a cold blood. They claimed that my late father was against how they destroy life and properties and make the life of  ordinary citizens miserable that was why they killed him.  It was only me that is alive i went for an Errand for my mother before the incident happened.

After the incident i decided to leave my country Libya  because  the Rebels that killed my parents  vowed to kill all the members of our family and they must kill me as soon as they set their eyes on me. I  managed to make my way to Senegal where i am leaving now. I don't have any relatives now who i can go to, all my relatives ran away when the incident happened

As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country. All that is important to me now is to leave this horrible place and start a new life again. I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

I am writing you from the office of a doctor that is taking care of us here in the camp. His name is Doctor Aliou Doip and his office is located close to the camp. He has been so kind to me since i came to this camp. He allows me to use his computer to check and reply emails.  Here is the doctors Tel number (+221777288030) If you want to call me through the Doctors  number, call me between  10 am  in the morning  because that is when the Doctor will be in his office. When you call,  tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me to come and answer your call.

Please listen to this, when my father  was alive he deposited some amount of money in one of the leading banks in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount is $4.7M (Four Million Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars)

I have my late father's Deposit  Certificate and death certificate here with me which i will send to you later, So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you in order to further my studies as instructed by my father before his death,

I kept this secret from  people in the camp  and you are the first person i am disclosing about this fund.
So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to  yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.
Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposited on you. I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision,truth and hard working.

Please i will like you to answer me these questions:

1.What percentage of the money will be good for you after the money irl

s transferred into your account?
2. can i trust you as a genuine friend ?

Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said, i have a lot to tell you..
Have a nice day and think about me. Attach here is my pictures for you
Awaiting to hear from you soonest. 

Yours Friend Huda

(+221777288030) ????????????

Pictures sent were of a Malay looking girl

I read all of that.  Where is the photo. 

Signed 

Dissapointed. 

Can I call her? 

Edited by emptypockets

11 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

How about this Freshly received mail which I prompted that person to send after they got my email from a business website. The person/s indeed have Asean base either in bkk or kl. Here you go;

Hello my Dearest Friend,

Thanks for replying my mail  despite your busy schedules. How are you over there in your country. I believe that you are fine.

My name is Huda Hamza. I am from Benghazi Libya in North Africa, i am  24yrs old,  5.3ft tall, fair in complexion,(never married) I am presently residing in refugee camp in Senegal  as a result of the sudden death of my late parents who were killed by rebels on March 9th 2015. 16 of the 24 yrs of my life was spent in South Africa with my dads younger sister. I returned to Libya a few month before the death of my dad following the demise of my aunt whom I lived with. My late father Dr. Ibrahim Hamza was an oil and gas contractor with the Libyan Government before his death.

Early morning on Monday 9th March 2015, some group of rebels came to our house with two pickup Vans. They entered our house and  murdered my father and mother in a cold blood. They claimed that my late father was against how they destroy life and properties and make the life of  ordinary citizens miserable that was why they killed him.  It was only me that is alive i went for an Errand for my mother before the incident happened.

After the incident i decided to leave my country Libya  because  the Rebels that killed my parents  vowed to kill all the members of our family and they must kill me as soon as they set their eyes on me. I  managed to make my way to Senegal where i am leaving now. I don't have any relatives now who i can go to, all my relatives ran away when the incident happened

As a refugee here i don't have any right or privilege to any thing be it money or whatever because it is against the law of this country. All that is important to me now is to leave this horrible place and start a new life again. I want to go back to my studies because i only attended my first year before the tragic incident that lead to my being in this situation now took place.

I am writing you from the office of a doctor that is taking care of us here in the camp. His name is Doctor Aliou Doip and his office is located close to the camp. He has been so kind to me since i came to this camp. He allows me to use his computer to check and reply emails.  Here is the doctors Tel number (+221777288030) If you want to call me through the Doctors  number, call me between  10 am  in the morning  because that is when the Doctor will be in his office. When you call,  tell him that you want to speak with me he will send for me to come and answer your call.

Please listen to this, when my father  was alive he deposited some amount of money in one of the leading banks in Europe which he used my name as the next of kin, the amount is $4.7M (Four Million Seven Hundred Thousand Dollars)

I have my late father's Deposit  Certificate and death certificate here with me which i will send to you later, So i will like you to help me transfer this money to your account and from it you can send some money for me to get my traveling documents and air ticket to come over to meet with you in order to further my studies as instructed by my father before his death,

I kept this secret from  people in the camp  and you are the first person i am disclosing about this fund.
So in the light of above i will like you to keep it to  yourself and don't tell it to anyone for i am afraid of loosing my life and the money if people gets to know about it.
Remember i am giving you all this information due to the trust i deposited on you. I like honest and understanding people,truthful and a man of vision,truth and hard working.

Please i will like you to answer me these questions:

1.What percentage of the money will be good for you after the money irl

s transferred into your account?
2. can i trust you as a genuine friend ?

Meanwhile i will like you to call me like i said, i have a lot to tell you..
Have a nice day and think about me. Attach here is my pictures for you
Awaiting to hear from you soonest. 

Yours Friend Huda

(+221777288030) ????????????

Pictures sent were of a Malay looking girl

It takes some common sense to see obvious scams such as this, however- for whatever reason(s),  certain people fall prey to these grifters and scammers. It is bad enough to receive  these emails, yet they were allowed to continue their scams in a foreign country. Good riddance and black-listed. And to any 'similar" scam artists reading this, YOU will suffer the same fate. Stay in your own country.....and then deal with the BS in your country.

Is it safe to say that Nigerians don't 'seem" to have any moral compass? And were they brought up that way? To endeavor screwing people in any way they can? I will not psycho-analyze their upbringing however,my retort is quite basic...STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY.......whether others from your country are 'different"....courteous.....or basically have some "human" traits, then you are not welcome not only in Thailand, but anywhere where decency is a foreign word to you. In other words, either TAT improves their "standards" for entry into Thailand (not over-reach), then you are simply not welcome. I can draw a diagram if translation presents to be a problem.

• Sad 1

Once again big joke did not do a thing.

immigration or police officers arrested 2 scammers yet he is “announcing” the arrests and taking the credit.

i am more than certain not only public but all his subordinates have had enough of him taking all the credit. He is not a super hero nor is he out on the field investigating and arresting.

he better hope and pray junta and his sugar daddy remain in power, otherwise he may find himself in some clerical post or somewhere in the middle of nowhere. 

• Thanks 1