Video: More crazy driving - minivan does unexpected U-turn

webfact

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Again, why? He was overtaking on the left, SOP and legally allowed, in a very safe manner with the only traffic nearby the vehicles he was overtaking.

He was driving way to fast for the conditions of that road....like most.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Compare to the speed of the other road users. It's not the speed that kills, it's the difference of speeds. We're all travelling happily at about 107,000 km/h around the sun.

If you could only prove that to me that last sentence.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

He was driving way to fast for the conditions of that road....like most.

He started fast, as I said, but was driving much slower where conditions didn't allow that speed. And he was not that fast in the first place.

• Sad 3

16 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The dash cam driver was not just speeding but passsing using the slow lane each and every time like a video game....this is road so common in thailand with an array of people exiting and entering this road, pedestrians dogs bikes every which way busy markets and no signals or control of speeding...

this video is a great example of poor driving by the dash cam driver speeding given the amount of street activity...

he is at much as at fault of the van driver pulling in front of a speeding driver....

neither driver is exhibiting safe driving ... 

Disagree. He was only overtaking when safe. And you do realise undertaking is allowed on a road like that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why are you defending the indefensible?

If you think that driver was driving ok, i would hate to see a video of your driving.

Yes, the personal remark was very predictable.

Nothing indefensible about his driving, see my earlier posts.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Why are you defending the indefensible?

If you think that driver was driving ok, i would hate to see a video of your driving.

I very much agree with the person you disagree with. I saw someone driving progressively, rather than dangerously and it you'd ever done a 'proper' driving course, like an advanced police driving course, the world over, you would see the same. The problem is that most drivers here hog the outside lane at slow speeds, thereby causing problems.  In this case, not only was he driving at a reasonable speed for the road conditions, he undertook safely and more to the point, when the nutter driving the minivan 'U' turned in front of him he managed to stop.  Excellent driving I would say.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

This guy's driving is pathetic like many others. (yes he can drive the car well, but with no road sense) If you will notice this incident occurs just after a bit of a left curve. As I said earlier, the guy was travelling too fast for the conditions, and that mini van would have seen him if he was travelling slower. This same kind of situation happens often and if one drives on these roads long enough then it is obvious.

Edited by 300sd

Wow - were most posters in this thread born age 80 ?

No one knows how fast he was going. No one knows if he used his signal lights.

As is SOP here - No One Knows Nuttin' - except they have an opinion, however 'Out There" it is

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 300sd said:

This guy's driving is pathetic like many others. (yes he can drive the car well, but with no road sense) If you will notice this incident occurs just after a bit of a left curve. As I said earlier, the guy was travelling too fast for the conditions, and that mini van would have seen him if he was travelling slower. This same kind of situation happens often and if one drives on these roads long enough then it is obvious.

Well, he obviously wasn't driving too fast for the conditions, because he didn't have an accident.  I don't know how much driving in Thailand you do, but I've just driven 1500km in 2 days and what I've seen would make the mind boggle.  The driving in this case was controlled and safe, in my opinion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikosan said:

Well, he obviously wasn't driving too fast for the conditions, because he didn't have an accident.  I don't know how much driving in Thailand you do, but I've just driven 1500km in 2 days and what I've seen would make the mind boggle.  The driving in this case was controlled and safe, in my opinion.

I'll agree to disagree with you. I drive an average of 22,500 km per year (over the last 6 yrs)....I've see a bit.