Would You Like To Live At Jomtien?

Pattayatony

PattayaTony,

May I ask why you are now leaving Thailand after 3 years?

Thanks

I have been in this condo for 3 years but in Thailand for much longer. If I put the reason on here I would get kicked off TV. Put in jail for defaming Thailand etc etc. So its on a need to know basis and guess what you dont need to know.

I dont have a visa problem but I know of plenty that do.

Cheers Tony :o

The condo is in a good location. Far enough from the beach to avoid any troubles there, it's on a reguar Baht Bus route, and inside a large secure compound, that has been tastefully designed, landscaped etc.

A good home for someone who wants to be near, but not too near the beach, and is on a low-ish budget.

It would even make a good base for someone who comes and goes a lot.

Or for the wealthy, a nice pad to set up a Mia Noi :o

Do I get any commission, Tony? :D

The condo is in a good location. Far enough from the beach to avoid any troubles there, it's on a reguar Baht Bus route, and inside a large secure compound, that has been tastefully designed, landscaped etc.

A good home for someone who wants to be near, but not too near the beach, and is on a low-ish budget.

It would even make a good base for someone who comes and goes a lot.

Or for the wealthy, a nice pad to set up a Mia Noi :o

Do I get any commission, Tony? :D

Thanks Martin Its my turn to buy lunch.

What's a Mia Noi? :D

Cheers Tony :D

I have been in Thailand for 3 years and I have my Condo up for sale.

I am returning to uk for reasons of Thai corruption, laws to disadvantage foreigners are too much now, instability (coup & social divisions) visa tightening up and company scheme enforcement, violence against foreigners, rip-offs, scams and when you dig under the surface zenophobia. These are just some of the reasons, as you also fall into a "Don't need to know" basis.

Enough to say that LOS is only so if you don't know the real life and you are the one who must remain smiling, otherwise the Thai temper is often quick to punish. As always Thai's want the money but not the foreigner that comes with it and much deception is therefore induced and played out.

On the surface Thailand is inviting and it's peolpe friendly and really lovely. Underneath too many are pulling the wool over our eyes and as a foreigner you can rarely win. It's the biggest and longest played scam of all and little wonder we fall for it like mugs when compared to our own independent selfish women, but this Thai game is altogether more devious and common than is realised.

By no means all, but by every means many more than is thought and this is only those playing the long term rip-off game, without including the outright muggers, robbers, thievies, murders, pick pockets, scams etc that happen weekly if not daily in Pattaya. Just ask a Policeman for help after you have had to bribe him too, of course!!!

PattayaTony,

Thanks

I have been in this condo for 3 years but in Thailand for much longer. If I put the reason on here I would get kicked off TV. Put in jail for defaming Thailand etc etc. So its on a need to know basis and guess what you dont need to know.

Edited by twix38

It's the biggest and longest played scam of all and little wonder we fall for it like mugs when compared to our own independent selfish women, but this Thai game is altogether more devious and common than is realised.

Women troubles Twix? :o

I am returning to uk for reasons of Thai corruption, laws to disadvantage foreigners are too much now, instability (coup & social divisions) visa tightening up and company scheme enforcement, violence against foreigners, rip-offs, scams and when you dig under the surface zenophobia. These are just some of the reasons, as you also fall into a "Don't need to know" basis.

Enough to say that LOS is only so if you don't know the real life and you are the one who must remain smiling, otherwise the Thai temper is often quick to punish. As always Thai's want the money but not the foreigner that comes with it and much deception is therefore induced and played out.

On the surface Thailand is inviting and it's peolpe friendly and really lovely. Underneath too many are pulling the wool over our eyes and as a foreigner you can rarely win. It's the biggest and longest played scam of all and little wonder we fall for it like mugs when compared to our own independent selfish women, but this Thai game is altogether more devious and common than is realised.

By no means all, but by every means many more than is thought and this is only those playing the long term rip-off game, without including the outright muggers, robbers, thievies, murders, pick pockets, scams etc that happen weekly if not daily in Pattaya. Just ask a Policeman for help after you have had to bribe him too, of course!!!

PattayaTony,

Thanks

I could add a few more to this but why bother no one wants to listen.

:o

Cheers Tony

Does the condo come with a bullet-proof vest in the closet for when you want to go out?

As of last week the Thai Govt in their wisdom are supplying 1 to each foreigner free of charge as you enter their wonderful new airport in Bangkok.

PattayaTony,

Thanks

I could add a few more to this but why bother no one wants to listen.

:o

Cheers Tony

Finally some folks taking a realistic view of things and speaking the truth. Needless to say I agree and am leaving for pretty much the same reasons and no they don't include women (or men) problems.

I still retain a sunny outlook about Thailand, Thai people, and even Pattaya. Yes, there is crime in Pattaya. Personally, I find this incredibly easy to avoid if you just practice the same common sense you practiced in the West. Yes, there are low grade people, Thai and farang, in Pattaya and in Thailand. This just makes the good people shine even more. Yes, it is hard for westerners to tell whether a Thai person is a good person or trouble, but the same goes for Thai people trying to judge farangs. I see all the negative things people are writing and I don't doubt there is truth behind the perceptions. However, I choose to focus on the good points of living here, vs. farangland, and to me, for now, there is no contest!

Of course there will be net arrivals but i am hearing of people leaving for reasons given above more and more.

Some of those same reasons are very similar why I did not have my current position moved from Singapore to Bangkok when they were trying to get me to choose this job over another offer.

I love Thailand and visiting. I have lived and worked there before.

I genuinely beleive i have a higher quality of life in Singapore and none of the hassles.

I wil continue to visit Thailand

I still retain a sunny outlook about Thailand, Thai people, and even Pattaya. Yes, there is crime in Pattaya. Personally, I find this incredibly easy to avoid if you just practice the same common sense you practiced in the West. Yes, there are low grade people, Thai and farang, in Pattaya and in Thailand. This just makes the good people shine even more. Yes, it is hard for westerners to tell whether a Thai person is a good person or trouble, but the same goes for Thai people trying to judge farangs. I see all the negative things people are writing and I don't doubt there is truth behind the perceptions. However, I choose to focus on the good points of living here, vs. farangland, and to me, for now, there is no contest!

Sir, Please take off your rose color glasses.

Cheers Tony

Sir, Please take off your rose color glasses.

Cheers Tony

Tony you come across as bitter. I thought 'Jingthing' presented a balanced view.

I'm not leaving for women trouble reasons. Infact she will be leaving to join me in UK.

I want to work and it's impossible to get a decent job, salary here unless I buy my own work permit (usually) and all the other red tape. That's IF I could even find anyone to employ me above a Thai. I don't want to teach English either. Anyway, that is all fair enough as it is Thailand, so I choose to work where it is easy and more beneficial for me, in the UK and for 5 days a week etc.

My points on "Thailand Living" for a foreigner in Pattaya at least are why I am selling up and not committing anything more (time and money) to this country except holidays whilst it is still cheap and pleasant. I think Thailand is fine as a holiday destination.

The more acquainted with the sorts of Thais I refer to (and there are many on the long or short rip-off game whether the public, Police, businessmen or Politicians, then the more disinchanted one becomes. I would not trust many Thais, with some exceptions, When it really comes down to it you can usually see that money is the root of the association.

I often laugh when a Thai does not really understand and just says yes, because they do not want to appear stupid (loose face). Can you tell me which way to Sukhumvit, please, is it left or right? "Yes". So it's Left? "Yes". Or is it right? "Yes". I have had this on a few occasions. If they don't know or don't understand why smile and say Yes, <deleted>!

Actually I have not been burned at all. I have a Condo in a Foreign name and otherwise my funds in GBP. A long term GF and a vast amount of experience on Thais that has kept me carefull and happy. I would not think to invest or committ funds in Thailand other than I have to date and I sleep soundly for that fact.

Edited by twix38

agreed in many ways

of course many thais are ok but the majority and the way the country is run is like this.

I remember talling a guy who used to be my driver at a bangkok hotel that i was moving out and he said

he would miss me. I thought this a bit strange as he only drove me a few times but nice all the same.

he then said "better you spend your money here"

I think that somes up the Thai very well.

However is the rest of asia any different?

I've moved to the Phils and can honestly same its more of the same

To be frank I think its an asian thing. They are as a race very xenophobic, have delusions of grandeur and basically see the "foreigner" as an amusing thing to rip off and scam. None of the smiles or compassion are genuine.

I'm thinking maybe Brazil would be a better bet?

I'm even beginning to think life with a falang women in the west may be a better bet?

Never thought i'd say that but unless you marry a gutter snipe in the west you marry the girl

and not the family. I'm sure it will always be you are marrying the girls family in Asia

unless the gilr is an orphan?

Amen to that guys

As has been said..............

"There is not one gambling den, not one brothel, not one drug dealer that operates in Thailand without the police being paid off. Thai people usually say being involved with the Thai police is like raising cobras. One day you will get bitten"

Dig below the fake Thai smiles to find the image of a Cash Cow being milked.

There's little sincere respect for foreigners (admitedly some Foreigners at the lower end of the spectrum do tend to gravitate to Pattaya and misbehave).

There comes a time when things just get too much and too obvious or/and become unacceptable. That's the time to think about calling it a day before this government or the next military coup makes it even worse.

See if there's much Baht left in the Bank account, try to sell the property in a company name that nobody wants anymore although estate agents and Lawyers were happy to recommend them as safe for years and take their fees. Sure, no direct problem, at the moment anyway, to keep them and live there, but try selling one!! It's not as easy as it used to be and a price discount is necessary, if you can even find a foreign buyer and not many Thais can afford to - yet.

If the truth was written down on an entry card to Thailand about all the unfair, zenophobic, corrupt and unequal treatment dished out to foreigners as a matter of course (or double pricing) nobody would invest here happily and foreigners would be a lot more worldy wise to their motives and the state of play, along with better reporting and articles in our home countries together with an awareness of the risks involved of the more leathal crimes and scams against foreigners (and in some instances by foreigners too).

No wonder all the Thais smile! ..........................I can see right through many of the shiny smiles to the mass of dental work waiting to be taken on.

I think it is an Asian thing and the Philappines is even worse. Thailand probably comes out as one of the better ones and for what it's worth I am really trying only to disuade investment and the conversion of too many GBP's to Baht. I do recommend Thailand as a holiday destination, but often not a great place to do business, as impressions are misleading and full of pitt falls.

It's on the money advice imho.

Have a good day in LOS

Edited by twix38

I think Thailand is fine as a holiday destination.

You've hit the nail on the head with that comment. Thailand for the Thais, just look at the name Toxin used for his regime, Thai Lak Thai (Thai love Thai) they tolerate us, some farang here even convince themselves that they have been accepted, but many times even after years of marrige when push comes to shove its you as a farang against them as Thais.

Amen to that guys

As has been said..............

"There is not one gambling den, not one brothel, not one drug dealer that operates in Thailand without the police being paid off. Thai people usually say being involved with the Thai police is like raising cobras. One day you will get bitten"

Dig below the fake Thai smiles to find the image of a Cash Cow being milked.

There's little sincere respect for foreigners (admitedly some Foreigners at the lower end of the spectrum do tend to gravitate to Pattaya and misbehave).

There comes a time when things just get too much and too obvious or/and become unacceptable. That's the time to think about calling it a day before this government or the next military coup makes it even worse.

See if there's much Baht left in the Bank account, try to sell the property in a company name that nobody wants anymore although estate agents and Lawyers were happy to recommend them as safe for years and take their fees. Sure, no direct problem, at the moment anyway, to keep them and live there, but try selling one!! It's not as easy as it used to be and a price discount is necessary, if you can even find a foreign buyer and not many Thais can afford to - yet.

If the truth was written down on an entry card to Thailand about all the unfair, zenophobic, corrupt and unequal treatment dished out to foreigners as a matter of course (or double pricing) nobody would invest here happily and foreigners would be a lot more worldy wise to their motives and the state of play, along with better reporting and articles in our home countries together with an awareness of the risks involved of the more leathal crimes and scams against foreigners (and in some instances by foreigners too).

No wonder all the Thais smile! ..........................I can see right through many of the shiny smiles to the mass of dental work waiting to be taken on.

I think it is an Asian thing and the Philappines is even worse. Thailand probably comes out as one of the better ones and for what it's worth I am really trying only to disuade investment and the conversion of too many GBP's to Baht. I do recommend Thailand as a holiday destination, but often not a great place to do business, as impressions are misleading and full of pitt falls.

It's on the money advice imho.

Have a good day in LOS

I have found a new tenant for the condo. Thanks for your help guys.

twix38>> If I seem a little rude to you the other day Im sorry :o . I gave that answer so I wouldnt have members Of TV asking me all kinds of questions. I wish you good luck selling your condo as I think you are going to need it in the current climate.

Rimmer >>> Perhaps bitter is just one way to put it.

Im not leaving for any of these reasons >>> Girl friend, Wife, boyfriend, Visa, work, where I live or any other strange little reason any TV member might come up with.

Hope you all have a great day.

Best of luck to you Tony, wherever life will bring you!

I tend to agree with most of what is posted, basically that coming on holiday is a whole different experience then coming to live here.

For me, I'm not complaining, I do have my gripes, but take them in stride...

Whenever I'm out of Thailand, I tend to start to miss the place after the first 24 hours, and I've been living here permanently for over 14 years now....

Best of luck to you Tony, wherever life will bring you!

I tend to agree with most of what is posted, basically that coming on holiday is a whole different experience then coming to live here.

For me, I'm not complaining, I do have my gripes, but take them in stride...

Whenever I'm out of Thailand, I tend to start to miss the place after the first 24 hours, and I've been living here permanently for over 14 years now....

Thanks Monty,

The best of luck with the Resort which you have done a great job on.

Cheers Tony

No worries Pattaya Tony, I understand and good luck.

If you do feel the need to tell someone privatly (I would genuinely be interested and have rather put my own oppinion forward, irrespective) then PM me. Which part of the UK are you returning to. Retirement or work? No worries if rather not respond. Good luck

Edited by twix38

PattayaTony,

Thanks

Thank you for that twix 38, I think i will print it off and hang it on my office wall.

I lived in Thailand for two years and on the whole had a realy good time, but towards the end my wife and I couldnt put up with the s*it. I remember when it hit me ,I was taking my daughter to school she was only six at he time and we had to drive round another body in the road this was the third accident involving dead people in as many days. this was the day after a pick up overtook me on sukumvit by the new airport with ten guys in the back it then hit a concerete block and span up into the air. All ten guys were killed.

I still own my condo and will be there for the easter break and im sure we will have a great time, but my plans to retire there will be tempered. Each time I look at your post on my wall just to remind me how I felt then.