Retirement visa/re-entry stamp

Next week I will be going to Chang Watana to renew my 1 year retirement visa using the B800,000 and also apply for a re-entry stamp.    I have done this many times in the past using thy embassy letter but this will be the first time using the B800,000.   I think I have all the required paperwork:

1.   800,000 in Bangkok Bank since December with copy of bank transmittal showing money wired from USA

2.   Copies of all pages of bank book

3.   Letter from the bank stating B800,000 on deposit

4.   Completed  TM7 

5.   Copy of passport and copy of latest visa issued last year.

6.      Did I miss anything?

Re-entry stamp

1.   Completed TM 8

2.   Copy of passport

3.   Copy of new visa when issued next week.

I will be going to Chang Wattana in April to renew my one-year permission to stay using the monthly 65,000 baht income method.  I will have a letter from my Bangkok Bank branch showing FTT transfers since January.  I will have the other required documentation including three months’ statements from my American bank showing more than $4,000 deposited into the account from pension sources each month.  I am a little worried in light of the various posts regarding renewal denials at various other offices.  I don't want to deposit 800,000 baht unless I have to but will use that as a fallback method if my renewal is denied on the basis of the three months being too few.

12 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

need 12 months, (not 3) of deposits into a THAI bangkok from abroad.

That should not be required this year since the rule went into effect in December. 

A memo was sent out telling offices to be lenient this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

I don't think you need proof of address.

I did mine November 2018. You do not need tm30 but you may need lease. My lease has always been sighted. This last one io took copy. Also asked for address map. I had flyer of my condo that had map. Was accepted. Regarding letter from bank make sure you show a transaction on day of application. That's why I prefer to do letter on the day of application.

4 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Uponjoe:  The three months of 65,000 foreign transfers should be OK for this year, right?  I will have 12 months of transfers next year.

You should do as many transfers as possible before applying this year. People that were aware of the new rules should of started doing them in January.

Edit: Your 3 transfer will be OK for this year since you are applying next month.

3 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I thought a bank letter from the day before the application was acceptable.  Is this not so?

Not sure why there would be a need for the letter when using the monthly income going into a bank option other than after the date of your last transfer.

The same day or the day before is for the money in the bank option where you had to prove the funds had been in the bank for 2 or 3 months.

Thanks, Joe.  Understood that a letter dated after the last transfer will be OK.

I just talked to a friend who extended his one-year permission to stay at Chaeng Wattana last Tuesday using the 800,000 in the bank method.  He presented a bank letter written the day before his application and it was accepted without comment.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:07 PM, Spaniel said:

I think I have all the required paperwork:

take your lease or proof of residence, house book, hotel invoice. 

is your account fixed or standard saving?

bank generated statements for each month for standard savings that are stamped by the bank.

A letter for fixed savings generated by the bank with a stamp. Make sure you take our original bank book just in case.

at Hua Hin immigration they ask for a map to your house. maybe not same same for you. 

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

take your lease or proof of residence, house book, hotel invoice. 

is your account fixed or standard saving?

bank generated statements for each month for standard savings that are stamped by the bank.

A letter for fixed savings generated by the bank with a stamp. Make sure you take our original bank book just in case.

at Hua Hin immigration they ask for a map to your house. maybe not same same for you. 

Did you read op and replies.

He is using money in bank 800k. 

He is attending CW and my post stated (since i also use CW) need lease or similar. Tm30 not required.

Map was asked for and taken. 

Bank letter fully explained and that CW wants to see activity in the account on date of attending imm office.