Being an Intern at ThaiVisa and Inspire: A socially and professionally fulfilling experience

Being an Intern at ThaiVisa and Inspire: A socially and professionally fulfilling experience

Currently enrolled in a German university in economics and media science, I decided to come to Thailand for a media internship. After doing a lot of research on the internet I got in touch with this media company with the main office in Pattaya and after a skype interview, it was clear that I had found just what I was looking for.  

Four Months later I flew to Bangkok, to continue my trip to Pattaya, where most of the magic happens. On the Monday after that, I got to meet the team and get started with the Internship. That was where the Story started!

image2.jpg

It has been two weeks now since this amazing experience started and as a media student I must say, this company has a lot to teach me.  

Not only did I get to learn about the different disciplines that belong to a media company but I also felt fully integrated in the nicest team of both Thai and Foreign colleagues.

image1.jpg

It gets quite busy in this company and there is a lot of movement everyday and that is what makes this media group even more interesting for me.

My personal highlights were getting detailed video-editing courses with professionals and joining the marketing manager to important meetings with the clients. This gave me real insight on how Thai people approach Business and I noticed how they always stay cool-blooded even with unforeseen issues coming up and Thailand's tropical humid-hot weather.

Besides writing articles for the ThaiVisa website and getting constructive feedback from a real journalist I also can see how much reach my articles get from our IT expert. 

image3.jpg

Discovering all these different sides to media and journalism in a professional context makes it easier to see what passionates one most in order to focus on that more in the future.

The fact that the company is fairly small gives it a relaxed family atmosphere that everyone here seems to value but this certainly doesn’t keep them from getting things done!

Plus, talk about women quotas! This company has a strong female presence.

They are mainly qualified Thai ladies that work here. Even their children are welcome in the office! Something that Germany has been discussing for ages and still didn’t find a general solution to. I admire how Thailand seems to find a way for so many things without making them a big deal.

The next weeks working here will probably teach me much more than this and I am so ready!

This article was written by Sara Mellouk.

Sara is an intern at ThaiVisa The Nation in Thailand, coming from Morocco, currently doing her Bachelor’s Degree in Germany in Economics and Media science.

• Haha 1