Mueller report finds no evidence that Trump campaign colluded with Russia - U.S. Justice Department

webfact

49 minutes ago, heybruce said:

An unbiased person would note the hypocrisy of Trump leading the BS birther movement then claiming the Russia investigation was an attempted coup.  Don't you agree?

And only a political hack would think that the "birther movement" is at all on the same planet of crazy as accusing US President of treason for multiple years, based on absolutely no evidence what-so-ever. 

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Not illegal, but certainly deceptive and suspicious.  Especially the way Trump denied having any business interestes in Russia while pursuing a major real estate deal.

Imagine a similar situation.  What if Obama had been saying nice things about Iran, had past business dealings with Iran, had secretive current business negotiations with Iran, and publicly announced that he didn't believe his own intelligence agencies when they said Iran was attempting to develop nuclear weapons and instead took Iran's word that they weren't.  The right-wingnuts and right-wing media would have gone nuts.  An investigation would have definitely been demanded.

It is "suspicious" that one of the world's largest property developers had been looking in to building a tower in Europe's largest city? And Trump said he had no business in Russia because it was the TRUTH. Trump has been looking in to getting in to Europe's largest city since the early 80's. He never did it because he didn't feel the right deal existed. That never changed. A hypothetical project that is never acted upon is not "business in a country". Trump has hundreds if not thousands of hypothetical deals swirling around him at any given time. You are not "doing business" until you actually start doing business. 

17 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well that’s what Trump’s hand picked AG is telling us in his ‘summary letter’ that he is now telling us is not a ‘summary letter’.

Show the nation the report the nation has paid for!

Every single AG has been "hand picked" since Washington and JFK even "hand picked" his own brother, so you should probably calm down a little with the sensationalism. 

And, I thought you said several times and over multiple threads that Mueller has done such a great job that he has recouped the cost of the investigation through his arrests, so according to you the nation didn't pay for anything. 

50 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

It is "suspicious" that one of the world's largest property developers had been looking in to building a tower in Europe's largest city? And Trump said he had no business in Russia because it was the TRUTH. Trump has been looking in to getting in to Europe's largest city since the early 80's. He never did it because he didn't feel the right deal existed. That never changed. A hypothetical project that is never acted upon is not "business in a country". Trump has hundreds if not thousands of hypothetical deals swirling around him at any given time. You are not "doing business" until you actually start doing business. 

Yes, it is suspicious that Trump was negotiating the property deal while insisting he had no business interests in Russia and significantly modifying the Republican party platform for the convention. 

How do you know Trump has no business in Russia?  Because Trump, the serial liar, said so?

Trump's refusal to follow precedent and reveal his income taxes, open his finances to scrutiny, and put his holdings in a blind trust makes his actions suspicious.

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump's refusal to follow precedent and reveal his income taxes, open his finances to scrutiny, and put his holdings in a blind trust makes his actions suspicious.

"Trump didn't do what I wanted him to do, so that makes the Russian Collusion charge legitimate. Hes a meanie" 

Click play in the video below. Its for you. 

19 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

That's one.  In this case, he was using the term "treason" broadly:

" "I called his behavior treasonous which is to betray one's trust and to aiding and abet the enemy and I stand very much by that claim." "

28 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

"Trump didn't do what I wanted him to do, so that makes the Russian Collusion charge legitimate. Hes a meanie" 

Click play in the video below. Its for you. 

He didn't do what is expected of Presidential candidates and Presidents.

I don't waste time on Twitter and YouTube nonsense.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

That's one.  In this case, he was using the term "treason" broadly:

" "I called his behavior treasonous which is to betray one's trust and to aiding and abet the enemy and I stand very much by that claim." "

wait, you said no serious person said it, then ask for examples, they were provided, then you redefine

your terms.

oh when a second person back up the claim, that would be 2 examples.

take the loss and move on.

2 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

He wont though. There are loads of mainstream editorials about trump and treason as well, but I didn't feel like giving the dude what he was asking for because hes of course acting in bad faith. 

39 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

wait, you said no serious person said it, then ask for examples, they were provided, then you redefine

your terms.

oh when a second person back up the claim, that would be 2 examples.

No, I said he used the term "treason" broadly.  Please pay attention.

38 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

He wont though. There are loads of mainstream editorials about trump and treason as well, but I didn't feel like giving the dude what he was asking for because hes of course acting in bad faith. 

"There are loads of...." 

I'll put that on my list of BS alerts, along with "I saw on the internet...", "I heard in a bar...", and "Everybody knows..."

or prostitutes peeing ...oh wait...that was accepted as the dossier was

Even comedians preface that one with "allegedly".  Who has claimed that it was proven to be true?

you keep digging long enough, there is no way out

Once again, when you have nothing to post, you post a nothing.

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"There are loads of...." 

I'll put that on my list of BS alerts, along with "I saw on the internet...", "I heard in a bar...", and "Everybody knows..."

Is Trump A Traitor?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/06/opinion/the-argument-trump-russia-collusion-putin-mueller.html

Trump, Treasonous Traitor

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/15/opinion/trump-russia-investigation-putin.html

Is Donald Trump Committing Treason?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2018/07/16/donald-trump-committing-treason/IwvTjJW4rvDdZD1vhvYMlI/story.html

Rob Reiner accuses Trump of treason: 'He is aiding and abetting the enemy'

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/422509-rob-reiner-calls-trump-mentally-unstable-he-is-aiding-and

Presidential historian: Trump's actions may be 'definition of treason'

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/421894-presidential-historian-trumps-actions-may-be-definition-of-treason-if-he-knew

You can send your apology by PM if you're too embarrassed to do it publicly. 

We all know what's coming.  Now that Trump has been cleared, those responsible for the attempted coup are going to pay.  Yates, Strzok, Brennan, and others will be charged.  Some will plea bargain and implicate others above them  This was an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president of the United States. 

2 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

We all know what's coming.  Now that Trump has been cleared, those responsible for the attempted coup are going to pay.  Yates, Strzok, Brennan, and others will be charged.  Some will plea bargain and implicate others above them  This was an attempt to overthrow a duly elected president of the United States. 

I love that word duly....... try saying it over and over again....it just becomes weirder and weirder

13 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Can we all say banana republic?we haven’t seen the report yet and all you have to do is listen to what that man has said over the last 3 yrs if the cia fbi nsa ect ect dident take a close look at that fiasco they would be derelict in their duty don’t try to normalize this mans epic incompetence when this clown sucked up to Kim and Putin of course we are going to look close really really close in every detail

The people who tried to overthrow Trump, along with their fan base on social media...it hasn't hit them yet, what has happened... no, it just hasn't hit them yet.  Just like right after Trump won the election in 2016. 

8 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Title of you first link:  "Is Trump a traitor?"  A question, not an assertion.

From your second link: 

"Trump is right now, before our eyes and those of the world, committing an unbelievable and unforgivable crime against this country. It is his failure to defend.

The intelligence community long ago concluded that Russia attacked our election in 2016 with the express intention of damaging Hillary Clinton and assisting Trump."

Clearly in the opinion of the author Trump's failure to take steps against Russian interference in future elections is treasonous.  I can see his point.

Title of your third link:  "Is Donald Trump committing treason?"  A question, not an assertion.

Your fourth link is about a tweet by Rob Reiner.  He is an entertainer, not someone to go to for serious commentary.

Title of you fifth link:  "Presidential historian: Trump's actions may be 'definition of treason' if he knew about Russian interference efforts"  A qualified possibility, not an assertion.

Try to learn the difference between questions, opinions, and assertions.

3 hours ago, Kelsall said:

3 hours ago, Kelsall said:

The people who tried to overthrow Trump, along with their fan base on social media...it hasn't hit them yet, what has happened... no, it just hasn't hit them yet.  Just like right after Trump won the election in 2016. 

I know I keep repeating this like a broken record, but people in serious denial refuse to accept it: 

The birther movement, which Trump made himself the head of, was an attempted coup based on BS. 

The investigations against Trump are legitimate and brought on by his own actions.

36 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I know I keep repeating this like a broken record, but people in serious denial refuse to accept it: 

The birther movement, which Trump made himself the head of, was an attempted coup based on BS. 

The investigations against Trump are legitimate and brought on by his own actions.

I think you're smart enough to know the difference between some nutjobs posting to each other on the internet about their fantasies and having the machine of state and the fourth estate aligned against you.

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

The "birther movement" was a Reality TV star asking a US President to verify (via the rather simple procedure of producing his birth certificate) that he was Constitutionally eligible to the position. Donald Trump was in no position to launch a coup, and the allegation he was making was relevant, specific, and easily refutable. 

The Russian Hoax was launched by the Deep State, the Intelligence Services of the United States, and the Intelligence Services of several foreign powers and was backed up by the Corporate Media. Unlike a reality TV star, they very much do have the ability to launch a coup. Contrary to the charges Trump made, their accusations were vague, difficult to disprove, and not based on any specific Constitutional qualification. The two scenarios could not be anymore different. 

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I think you're smart enough to know the difference between some nutjobs posting to each other on the internet about their fantasies and having the machine of state and the fourth estate aligned against you.

Yes, I understand the difference.  However nutjobs, and I include the "Lock her up" crowd in this category, believe that their leader can do no wrong and should never be questioned, while those they don't like should be persecuted by the state for all perceived offenses.

The fact remains; the Mueller investigation was, and ongoing Trump investigations are, based on legitimate suspicions brought on by Trump and his people.

1 hour ago, usviphotography said:

The "birther movement" was a Reality TV star asking a US President to verify (via the rather simple procedure of producing his birth certificate) that he was Constitutionally eligible to the position. Donald Trump was in no position to launch a coup, and the allegation he was making was relevant, specific, and easily refutable. 

The Russian Hoax was launched by the Deep State, the Intelligence Services of the United States, and the Intelligence Services of several foreign powers and was backed up by the Corporate Media. Unlike a reality TV star, they very much do have the ability to launch a coup. Contrary to the charges Trump made, their accusations were vague, difficult to disprove, and not based on any specific Constitutional qualification. The two scenarios could not be anymore different. 

"the allegation he was making was relevant, specific, and easily refutable. " 

If you believe this you clearly among the nutjobs.

" Theories have persisted despite Obama's pre-election release of his official Hawaiian birth certificate in 2008,[4] confirmation by the Hawaii Department of Health based on the original documents,[5] the April 2011 release of a certified copy of Obama's original Certificate of Live Birth (or long-form birth certificate), and contemporaneous birth announcements published in Hawaii newspapers. "  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

Only a stubborn conspiracy theorist completely detached from reality ever believed the birther nonsense.

" The Russian Hoax was launched by the Deep State, the Intelligence Services of the United States, and the Intelligence Services of several foreign powers and was backed up by the Corporate Media. "

Total BS, but if you buy into the birther conspiracy you will clearly buy anything.  There is no deep state in the US, the US intelligence services were performing their duties in a legal and professional manner, the only intelligence service of a foreign power shown to have interfered in the election was Russia, and I assume your "Corporate Media" referral goes back to you anti-Semitic earlier posts.

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Barr needs to stop digging.

He’s already on his third letter, the latter two trying to convince us that his first summary letter wasn’t a ‘summary letter’.

POUNDSTONE on NPR read the Barr summary of "A Tale Of Two Cities," which is just one line - “Dickens says, it was the best of times.”

5 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

POUNDSTONE on NPR read the Barr summary of "A Tale Of Two Cities," which is just one line - “Dickens says, it was the best of times.”

I was wondering whatever happened to Paula Poundstone. I thought she was "kinda funny" though a little too tame given her natural sweetness. Not quite "edgy" but she found a way to get the message across in her folksy manner. I wouldn't put her in my top ten of comedy greats but given the dearth of great good comedians these days I think I've been unfair in my appraisal and I'm happy she's still around. I'll check her out again, thanks.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, heybruce said:

Trump is not engineering a coup in Venezuela.  At least I hope his handlers won't let him do anything that stupid.

Increased sanctions on Russia were forced on Trump by Congress, and he delayed implementation as much as he could.

The missiles fired on a Syrian base were for show, and coordinated with Russia in advance to avoid any Russian casualties.

Hmmmmm. Are you for Trump firing missiles that kill Russians and perhaps starting WW3?

I'm all for coordinating with Russia so none of them get killed, as the alternative might be that the human race doesn't have to worry about climate change ever again.

Archived