Mueller report finds no evidence that Trump campaign colluded with Russia - U.S. Justice Department

webfact

Without Manafort unwilling to tell the truth, Mueller hit a dead end. After it became known that Manafort lied to the special counsel, reports started to trickle out that the probe would be wrapping up soon. And this month, it finally ended, unable to “establish” the existence of a criminal conspiracy. But not for lack of trying."

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/crucial-point-russia-probe-may-moment-muellers-conspiracy-case-thwarted/

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now they are going to start looking at the areas which will hurt trump as he will do anything to protect his money. As I said, it’s not over til the fat man squeals.........

House Democrats request 10 years of Trump financial records

House Democrats are pressing ahead with a request for 10 years of US President Donald Trump's financial records from his New York-based accountant, following accusations from Trump's former lawyer that Trump had inflated his worth to mislead his lenders and insurers.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12217018 

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

And yet you know for a fact these credible reasons for the investigation do exist. 

How do you have access to this information? 

Or are you willing to believe it to feed your preferred narrative? 

The investigations exist, they’ve secured convictions.

Now let’s see the report.

It's almost as if Greenwald is posting directly to a few TVF posters:

"I'm genuinely sorry if you spent the last 3 years believing a blatantly stupid partisan fairy tale ripped out of the pages of a primitive Tom Clancy novel & made it central to your worldview.

I get that it's upsetting & disorienting when it got revealed as a hoax.

Look inward."

- Glenn Greenwald

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I have faith in US intelligence services.  They aren't perfect, but they are right more often than they are wrong. 

I don't have a lot of faith in your intelligence.  From your reply it appears you think I was referring to the Mueller investigation, when my post was in regard to the Steele dossier. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1091389-mueller-report-finds-no-evidence-that-trump-campaign-colluded-with-russia-us-justice-department/?do=findComment&comment=13985183

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Russia_dossier 

Once again you attempt to insult people that disagree with your opinion. 

The dossier is not a credible source, it never has been which was clearly debunked by your previous post without any verifiable evidence. 

I won't insult you, I just think you are wrong and are horribly biased. 

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

You have proven my point again.  Show me any place where I said that Trump colluded with Russia.  I've indicated it was a possibility, but never stated it as a fact.

You clearly won't let logic penetrate your beliefs and the stereotypes you apply to others.

So you constantly refer to unverified sources with links to prove your opinion that trump is guilty and you question my logic. 

This is amazing 

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

Now they are going to start looking at the areas which will hurt trump as he will do anything to protect his money. As I said, it’s not over til the fat man squeals.........

House Democrats request 10 years of Trump financial records

House Democrats are pressing ahead with a request for 10 years of US President Donald Trump's financial records from his New York-based accountant, following accusations from Trump's former lawyer that Trump had inflated his worth to mislead his lenders and insurers.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12217018 

In other words, we will do anything to get rid of him regardless if it's right or justified. 

And you don't have a problem with this irrational, ridiculous approach as long as you get what you want. 

13 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

In other words, we will do anything to get rid of him regardless if it's right or justified. 

And you don't have a problem with this irrational, ridiculous approach as long as you get what you want. 

I never said or suggested that, but based on statements from his lawyer about trumps financial "chicanery", I do think he should be investigated, after all he lies about almost everything (pay-offs to hookers for a start) and boasts about his wealth and borrowing money from Russians, so he is a prime self confessed candidate for investigation.

As for your first sentence, I don't believe America needs this lying, ignorant, racist, misogynistic and dumb POS............you deserve better.

32 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

And so what? What did the Republicans do when Obama was in charge?  So why blame the Democrats? It's the political game and it's fine.

The Special Counsel states that “while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him. therefore any failed impeachment attempt would boost Trump's popularity; numerous other investigations are underway, the game is not over.

4 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

Once again you attempt to insult people that disagree with your opinion. 

The dossier is not a credible source, it never has been which was clearly debunked by your previous post without any verifiable evidence. 

I won't insult you, I just think you are wrong and are horribly biased. 

So you're now clear we are discussing the dossier, not the Mueller investigation.  That's good.

My previous post did not debunk the dossier.  It showed that parts of the dossier were matched conclusions of the dossier that US intelligence agencies had arrived at independently.  Parts of the dossier have been questioned, but nobody has ever debunked the dossier.  If you disagree, show some proof that everything in the dossier was debunked.

3 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

So you constantly refer to unverified sources with links to prove your opinion that trump is guilty and you question my logic. 

This is amazing 

Stop posting nonsense.  Show the links in which I said Trump is guilty. 

3 hours ago, elmrfudd said:

"In other words, we will do anything to get rid of him regardless if it's right or justified."

You mean like Trump did when pushing the BS birther conspiracy?

Posts removed.   If you have nothing to say, posting a nonsensical meme isn't going to cut it.   This is a discussion forum.   Not facebook.   Meme's are allowed provided they are relevant and contribute to the discussion.

There are many sinister effects of promoting a false narrative for 3 years. 

It has a broad effect, providing a universal scapegoat, just as during the McCarthy era.

"A Very Incomplete List of Sinister Things Vladimir Putin/Russia/‘the Russians’ Have Been Accused of Doing"

Not "The Onion", although it could be - the list is wide ranging and does include:

“Promoting sex toys on Instagram to sow discord in the US” (Quartz)."

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/03/27/a-very-incomplete-list-of-sinister-things-vladimir-putin-russia-the-russians-have-been-accused-of-doing/

4 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

There are many sinister effects of promoting a false narrative for 3 years. 

It has a broad effect, providing a universal scapegoat, just as during the McCarthy era.

"A Very Incomplete List of Sinister Things Vladimir Putin/Russia/‘the Russians’ Have Been Accused of Doing"

Not "The Onion", although it could be - the list is wide ranging and does include:

“Promoting sex toys on Instagram to sow discord in the US” (Quartz)."

https://thegrayzone.com/2019/03/27/a-very-incomplete-list-of-sinister-things-vladimir-putin-russia-the-russians-have-been-accused-of-doing/

"There are many sinister effects of promoting a false narrative for 3 years. 

It has a broad effect, providing a universal scapegoat, just as during the McCarthy era."

The birther nonsense went on much longer than that, with Trump appointing himself the leader.  He even sent investigators to Hawaii and teased with "You won't believe the things they've found".  The found nothing.

"Is Bob Mueller locked away in a CIA black site in the basement of Trump Tower, bound & gagged to prevent him from telling us that William Barr is lying about his report and that he really did find collusion?

We'll talk to our panel of former CIA agents & Malcolm Nance - next"

- Glenn Greenwald

Exactly.

Some people think that Mueller, the lawyers who worked with him, the large team of investigators - everyone is being silent and letting Barr hide evidence of collusion in a report they worked on for over 2 years?

Embarrassingly foolish conspiracy theory.

13 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"Is Bob Mueller locked away in a CIA black site in the basement of Trump Tower, bound & gagged to prevent him from telling us that William Barr is lying about his report and that he really did find collusion?

We'll talk to our panel of former CIA agents & Malcolm Nance - next"

- Glenn Greenwald

Exactly.

Some people think that Mueller, the lawyers who worked with him, the large team of investigators - everyone is being silent and letting Barr hide evidence of collusion in a report they worked on for over 2 years?

Is that the only explanation for their silence that you consider to be "logical"?

Without any supporting or contradicting evidence I can fabricate many more "reasonable" motivations for the investigators to remain silent.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 6:42 PM, xylophone said:

I was  never a fan of this Russian collusion theory (as I stated in the other thread.....even a dimwit like trump cannot be that dumb) but do believe there are other events underway which could prove damaging to him!!

But let's be real about this...........here you have someone who continually lies, then lies again, has employed illegals, been a 5 times bankrupt and on and on........so he is a prime candidate for investigation into any apparent misdemeanours.

That is only natural. esp if you hold high office and that's the way it should be. Even more so if he surrounds himself with shady crooks (birds of a feather springs to mind) and undesirables.

The trump supporters are having their time now, but there is more to come regarding this clown, so they should enjoy it whilst they can. And am I a "trump hater", well if I dislike liars, bigots, racists, cheats and crooks, then I must be, but then that surely must apply to all fair and honest folk?

LOL. I think you can find plenty of liars, bigots, racists, cheats and crooks on both sides of the political divide. Surely no one is so naïve as to believe that only president Trump has those attributes?

If lying were a reason to sack politicians, the congress would possibly have only enough members to come to work in a very small car. Don't opinion polls put politicians somewhere below used car salesmen in approval?

52 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Is that the only explanation for their silence that you consider to be "logical"?

Without any supporting or contradicting evidence I can fabricate many more "reasonable" motivations for the investigators to remain silent.

I can't decide what you believe from your post, but the simplest explanation for "silence" would be because there is no "there" there to expose. Barr says there is no evidence of collusion, so the most likely explanation would be that there is indeed no collusion.

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

"There are many sinister effects of promoting a false narrative for 3 years. 

It has a broad effect, providing a universal scapegoat, just as during the McCarthy era."

The birther nonsense went on much longer than that, with Trump appointing himself the leader.  He even sent investigators to Hawaii and teased with "You won't believe the things they've found".  The found nothing.

You keep referring to Trump being a "birther". However, he can't have been a very loud one as I never heard him connected with that till it was promoted on TVF.

I do agree that it was "nonsense" and surely it is not worth the trouble of repeating over and over as though it proved anything?

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

can't decide what you believe from your post, but the simplest explanation for "silence" would be because there is no "there" there to expose. Barr says there is no evidence of collusion, so the most likely explanation would be that there is indeed no collusion.

I was responding to JimmyJ's comment (below).  I was trying to be careful and not reveal my thoughts on the original topic of this thread.   I only wished to express my consternation that JimmyJ seemed to jump to the conclusion that best fit his kool aid fueled world view.

JimmyJ said:

Monica Lewinsky is right. "if. <deleted>. only." The recently appointed AG should release the full report. No controversies then of what, if, when, why. Suppressing the report is unethical and immoral. The report belongs to the American public, not to AG.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, heybruce said:

Both of you should not only read my posts but the posts that I replied to.  Context makes things much easier to understand, for those who will read.

Are you serious? You want us to spend how much time researching your posts? That's not our job.

The quote function allows you to do what is necessary to provide the context of your posts.

Archived