cost of electricity

nong38

On 28 March 2019 at 9:47 AM, nong38 said:

No new aircons just another fridge, everything else the same as last year, the new fridge came in I think November so the appliances are not the answer, fridges don't cost much to run.

You would be surprised. Just got my Aussie power bill. Only one fridge running since we are not there. 129 KWh for 92 days. Power is 25.298 dollars per KWh or 35.89 dollars for 92 days PLUS 90.91 service charge. Thieves.

So rough calculations the fridge cost about 235 baht a month to run at 4 baht per KWh

Edited by emptypockets

On 28 March 2019 at 7:21 PM, nong38 said:

I think my air con is 8, I did what you do with the filters, air cons do require gas more so than fridges and freezers.

That both need the same amount of topping up if they are functioning correctly. And that amount is ZERO. If you have to regas you have leak and performance will degrade accordingly and cost you money.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

That both need the same amount of topping up if they are functioning correctly. And that amount is ZERO. If you have to regas you have leak and performance will degrade accordingly and cost you money.

.......... or the service guy is scamming you.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Typical Thailand, they never make anything simple when it can be made harder. 

You go try to figure out the electricity tarrifs in UK. So many tarrifs, different companies, if you get gas from them as well, if you have a smart meter, if you pay by DD or not. It is a nightmare. Here it is fairly simple, the more you use the more you pay.

Bring back nationalisation in UK.

Edited by wgdanson

On 3/28/2019 at 10:17 AM, nong38 said:

No new aircons just another fridge, everything else the same as last year, the new fridge came in I think November so the appliances are not the answer, fridges don't cost much to run.

Don't be so sure of that statement about fridges not costing much to run, I was getting regular elect bils around the 1600 bht a month, I was concerned about the new Panasonic fridge using too much power as it used to get extremely hot on the outside, nearly too hot to touch, went purchased a new Electrolux, first power bill with new fridge, 1000 bht cheaper and all 6 subsequent bills.