Papaya Plantations in Thailand

Hello,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying their weekends.

I am interested in going into the cultivation of papayas and thus was wondering if there were any papaya plantations outside of Bangkok that I could visit to learn more?

Any such information is much appreciated and I thank you for your help.

• Like 1

over the years i have thought about about get a plantation set up but as of yet....

the price (wholesale) goes up and down like a yoyo. over the past ten years (wife/family have local shop) have been to the large wholesale market in the city and bought 10kg for as low as 10/15 baht, or next time 10kg will be 150/200 baht....

if you have afew shops that sell the somtam ect you could maybe sell to them, we do once the rain comes and have too much for ourselfs/shop, it will only be afew bahts but better than nothing. (we have no more than say 50 pappaya trees here and there)

have a look on youtube, there will be some info/vids on there

• Like 1

Like KS said, it only makes sense if you could sell them at a wholesale market.
Factor in the transport costs plus I believe you would need also irrigation on your field. Not sure if there's money to make or not.
By the way, it's Talad Thai [emoji6]
They have a website with all their products and current prices.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arthertbc0702 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried to search on google for some farms in Thailand, but to no avail. Would you happen to know of any farmers?

Not many members grow Papaya and even less know someone who grows them commercially

You can drive past a farm growing them, compleat with drip irrigation, then a couple of months of after, you see rows of ripe Papaya, he just could not sell them, or overproduction, or as thoongfoned the price dropped making it not viable, for us the Talad Thai and back a good 250 km ,you would need a full load to make it pay but at say at 5-10 baht/kg hardly a paying job .

And where we are nearly everyone has a few trees or knows of someone who has a few trees, we can not remember the last time we brought a Papaya.and our cattle love ripe Papaya. 

Like I said to get someone to look at Thai facebook they should be someone on they .........between all the plates of Som-Tam, Thai for Papaya, มละเกอ, Mala-Gor.

• Like 2