Free visa on arrival for twenty countries likely extended until July

webfact

32 minutes ago, Benroon said:

It’s unbelievable that people just post utter shit and believe it. 

More than 70% of Thailand’s GDP is EXPORT driven. Always has been. Now unless they’re exporting tourists somewhere you are talking utter baloney.

The baht is strong due to enormous currency reserves but I fear I am going to lose you here

Go and stand in the corner ! 

And where does that currency reserve come from. Due to the Pound Stirling losing half its value since 2008  I am now paying twice as much for the some item 2008 79B/£1 up until a week ago 40B/1£. But better times are on there way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, alex8912 said:

You don’t know me but I’m here right now. Funny that side street off the main rd ( where the Hilton is) with bars was very crowded last night. My friend and I both commented on it. The restaurants on the main road were very full about 9/10 pm as well. The Marriott had no Jr Suites or regular suites last night either. The pool area is packed now and yesterday. So there are people here in Hua Hin now and they spend a lot more than I see in Pattaya for sure. I also notice more young people but maybe they are visiting their  grand parents. There were probably 100+ people kiting on the beach as well yesterday. The hotel also mentioned they are quite filled for Songkran too. 

https://www.marriott.com/reservation/rateListMenu.mi?defaultTab=standard

Loads  of  rooms  available in every  class

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok Biz News reported that tourists are continuing to flood into Thailand with the new scheme helping.

Once again the coalition of the willing saves the day. Andorrans and Lithuanians, Vanuatans and Norfolk Islanders, all are lining up in droves to book their flights. 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok Biz News reported that tourists are continuing to flood into Thailand with the new scheme helping.

Which contradicts the other post today saying Pattaya new expanse of beach is deserted !

15 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yeah but you still qualify for 30 day visa exempt to phu quoc i think, not sure if you are aware. 

It's like phuket 20 years ago basically. Beaches aren't bad, resorts are cheap and so is food. 

https://www.phuquocislandguide.com/phu-quoc-visa/

It's visa free for every nationality it seems. 

Thank you very much. Learnt something. Yet I would revisit Vietnam for the mainland, beaches and islands are plentiful in this part of the world which explains the visa exemption for all nationalities. Went through the page which conditions departure anywhere EXCEPT Vietnam. 
So it is not the backdoor as Macao was in the past for PR China by entering Macao and the crossing into the PR. 

No hurry, no worry; have been to Vietnam many times and always liked it. Might get my visa in Vientiane (I live in Nong Khai); might be easier. 

Thanks again for your efforts - appreciated ???? 

Archived