Thai health knowledge rising: study

snoop1130

Thai health knowledge rising: study

By The Nation

616b3fbe124f7f79a103187b23d4e5b2.jpeg

Consumers in Thailand choose “healthier” food and drink over exercise and the trend has not changed over three years, according to Nielsen, a global analytics company.

The report said Thai consumer understanding and perception of health and wellness is increasing. 

More than 90 per cent of consumers say that they consume healthy beverages regularly and more than 80 per cent consume healthy food regularly. 

“With the change in macro factors, be it ageing population, environmental issues, urbanisation or higher penetration of internet and mobile adoption, we can see that consumers’ needs and behaviour become more complex with massive digital and social engagement influencing their decision making.

Consumers are becoming more discerning of their product choices, especially when it comes to healthy offerings. While tracking the changes that consumers are making in their lives and shopping carts, manufacturers need to find the right value proposition and choose the credible source of information to promote healthy products and services benefits which will help drive meaningful growth.” said Viraj Juthani, director of Nielsen Thailand.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Economy/30367144

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-04

Sadly even though that may be true, Thais still eat a lot of crap food, and as they are hypocondriacs, health is always uppermost in their minds, but they make poor choices. Seeing the doctor for nothing problems. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

More than 90 per cent of consumers say that they consume healthy beverages regularly and more than 80 per cent consume healthy food regularly. 

I consume healthy beverages and eat healthy food regularly........but sad to say most of what I eat and drink definitely doesn't fall into the healthy category.

Just another example of statistics being manipulated to produce the result required.

• Thanks 1

Traditional Thai food is pretty healthy, apart from too much use of the frying pan and unhealthy palm oil. The problem for Thais is their growing love affair with fashionable Western-style fast food.

It pains me to see already obese Thai youngsters waddling into shopping mall cinemas clutching buckets of popcorn and outsize styrene containers of cola. In the end, it all comes down to parental influence - and we know how how that tends to play out here.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yes yes yawn.... water, rice... consumed regularly... tick.

the question instead should reflect how many regularly consume unhealthy foods and beverages, which, I am sure, will come out at 100% on both accounts.... thereby changing the survey findings.

since relocating here, I have noticed the numbers of fat Thais rise from it being a scarecity to it being damn near normal, or at least, not unusual