Cambodia to receive Thai train carriages in upcoming weeks

geovalin

Cambodia will receive a train engine and passenger cars from Thailand during a ceremony that will be held in the upcoming weeks.
Thailand has agreed to donate one engine and four carriages to Cambodia.

Sun Chanthol, Cambodia’s Minister of Transport, and his Thai counterpart Arkhom Termpittayapaisith met on Wednesday to discuss the issue.

“As agreed in the meeting, the handover ceremony will be held in late April or May,” said Vasim Sorya, spokesman for the Cambodian Ministry of Transport.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50593781/cambodia-to-receive-thai-train-carriages-in-upcoming-weeks/

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Given the poor condition of the locos and rolling stock seen daily on the Thai railway system due to years of under-investment I should be interested in seeing photographs of the donated units.

Passengers wait to board

Wow, I reckon the Cambodians must be jumping for joy to be getting Thai cast offs, I have travelled extensively on SRT, all ways 3rd class, doors that do not shut, windows stuck in the open position, great when it's raining ???? and brakes that lock on and catch fire, as opposed to fail as they do on trucks & buses, congratulations Cambodia, welcome to the 18th century. :cheesy:

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Wow, I reckon the Cambodians must be jumping for joy to be getting Thai cast offs, I have travelled extensively on SRT, all ways 3rd class, doors that do not shut, windows stuck in the open position, great when it's raining ???? and brakes that lock on and catch fire, as opposed to fail as they do on trucks & buses, congratulations Cambodia, welcome to the 18th century. :cheesy:

Thats why its called third class.