lazada

robblok

I got a question for those who use Lazada. I use it a lot but every time i buy something using my computer and the web interface i have to confirm my address in chat on the APP (on the phone).  If I dont there will be a delay. Has anyone found a way around this. Because this does not pop up in the web interface.

Been using lazada forever and like it a lot, a few days ago i had my first cheat, i bought a gril from China (cheap so I had my doubt). I selected cod and when it arrived it was in a box so small it could hardly fit a wallet. Needles to say I refused the package and did not pay. So I am sure things can go wrong.

4 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I use Lazada quite a bit as well but never been asked to confirm my address. Before I order I have to sign in to my Lazada account which obviously is linked to my home address, and that's it.

Same here i sign into my account and that is it, never see anything about confirming address. However when i open the app on my phone there will be a message asking me to confirm my address. 

So it is not visible in the web interface but on the app, at times that i did not confirm in the end the order would be delivered just a few days later then when I do confirm. 

I just find it strange that it does not pop up in the web interface or that I keep asking for it.

I used them quite some time ago and never used them again as they gave a delivery time some time over a three day period. I am not going to stay home for 3 days waiting for them to come (was Cod if I remember).

Are they giving tighter delivery schedules these days?

16 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I use Lazada quite a bit as well but never been asked to confirm my address. Before I order I have to sign in to my Lazada account which obviously is linked to my home address, and that's it.

Same here. I never get asked this.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Same here i sign into my account and that is it, never see anything about confirming address. However when i open the app on my phone there will be a message asking me to confirm my address. 

So it is not visible in the web interface but on the app, at times that i did not confirm in the end the order would be delivered just a few days later then when I do confirm. 

I just find it strange that it does not pop up in the web interface or that I keep asking for it.

I never use the app. 90% of the time im on my computer, and if im on my phone I go to their actual website in the phone browser. The app is horrible. In fact I rarely use any company app preferring to use the browser instead.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Same here. I never get asked this.

I never use the app. 90% of the time im on my computer, and if im on my phone I go to their actual website in the phone browser. The app is horrible. In fact I rarely use any company app preferring to use the browser instead.  

I also don't get asked about address confirmation when i use the computer. However when i open the app i see a message (about the stuff i ordered with the computer asking for confirmation). So you would not know unless you open the app too.

In the end it does get delivered if I don't confirm just a day or 2 slower as normal. 

So you would not know about this unless you check the app.

I was probably not clear in describing the problem.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

In the end it does get delivered if I don't confirm just a day or 2 slower as normal. 

So you would not know about this unless you check the app.

I was probably not clear in describing the problem.

I just ordered something a few days ago on my computer, never checked the app, and it was at my house in 2 days by kerry. 

Couple weeks before that I ordered a clothes dryer, and a separate order for a 75" TV - all orders processed with no delays and never checked the app. I do check the computer website though but never asked any questions. 

If I was you id just delete the app and not use it, or delete it, remove all data, cookies and stuff, and re-download it. Maybe something was installed funny. 

5 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Usually order through the app, I get messages from the seller (probably system) asking to confirm address for delivery after placing an order.

I order through the website, but get the same message you get in the app. 

3 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Wait, have you got your "Default Shipping Address" setup? 

Yes I have, that is why its so confusing. Anyway I don't mind one day later or so. Just found it strange and wondered what I was doing wrong.

41 minutes ago, robblok said:

I get called by kerry every time before they deliver something. Usually in the morning.

Same here, best to give a Thai speakers phone number when you register.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Same here, best to give a Thai speakers phone number when you register.

My Thai is thankfully good enough to explain where I live, have gone through it so many times now its easy.  But sometimes i give the GF the phone when the guy really does not understand me. 

I use Lazada frequently.  I think your problem might be that you have not set your delivery address as a DEFAULT delivery address.

Their app leaves a lot to be desired; very poorly designed.  Even if you have entered a delivery address into your profile, there’s a checkbox you must click to designate it as the “Default” address.  Pretty dumb, but that’s how they do it.

My buying experience with Lazada is pretty favorable; maybe 1 in 10 purchases are a disappointment but Lazada makes it very easy to return a purchase for refund (no questions asked).  Just click the return button, print out the return form, and drop it off at 7-11.

Often the quality of an item may not be up to the Western quality standards like you’d see on Amazon, but every once in a while, they exceed them.  For instance, I just bought some replacement Lightning > USB cables for my Apple iPad/iPhones.  They were dirt cheap at only 80 baht each and were every bit as good as genuine apple cables that cost way, way more.

The  other thing that impresses me is how fast delivery is.  I ordered those cables on Tuesday and got them yesterday (Thursday).  Not too shabby ????

Best to only order with with credit card to avoid COD delivery acceptance hassle, and also speed up ordering.  When I order, all I need to do is put in the security code for my card; three digit code and my order is processed and on its way!.

Edited by WaveHunter

Just now, WaveHunter said:

I use Lazada frequently.  I think your problem might be that you have not set your delivery address as a DEFAULT delivery address.

Their app leaves a lot to be desired; very poorly designed.  Even if you have entered a delivery address into your profile, there’s a checkbox you must click to designate it as the “Default” address.  Pretty dumb, but that’s how they do it.

My buying experience with Lazada is pretty favorable; maybe 1 in 10 purchases are a disappointment but Lazada makes it very easy to return a purchase for refund (no questions asked).  Just click the return button, print out the return form, and drop it off at 7-11.

Often the quality of an item may not be up to the Western quality standards like you’d see on Amazon, but every single nice in a while, they exceed them.  For instance, I just bought some replacement Lightning > USB cables for my Apple iPad/iPhones.  They were dirt cheap at only 80 baht each and were every bit as good as genuine apple cables that cost way, way more.

The  other thing that impresses me is how fast delivery is.  I ordered those cables on Tuesday and got them yesterday (Thursday).  Not too shabby ????

Best to only order with with credit card to avoid COD delivery acceptance hassle, and also speed up ordering.  When I order, all I need to do is put in the security code for my card; three digit code and my order is processed and on its way!.

No, i have set my default address it says so on the website.  (was the first thing i checked)

And yes i also use COD all the time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Rob,  what a horrible day I've had with Lazada. I didn't get my 2 seater Sofa ....  I didn't get my outdoor wooden chairs and coffee table ....   instead I received a 3"x3" carboard box with one of those muslim bead necklaces that they hold in their hands and count the beads.

I have been on the chat with L ....  for over one hour explaining everything.

Never again .....   first and last experience. What clowns. I need a drink after all that .... 

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Rob,  what a horrible day I've had with Lazada. I didn't get my 2 seater Sofa ....  I didn't get my outdoor wooden chairs and coffee table ....   instead I received a 3"x3" carboard box with one of those muslim bead necklaces that they hold in their hands and count the beads.

Never again .....   first and last experience. What clowns. I need a drink after all that .... 

I had the same thing with something I ordered from China on lazada. They came with the box and i just knew it could not hold the item I wanted. So i did not even open it. I showed the delivery guy what i ordered and refused the package. It was COD so no loss nothing. 

I use them occasionally, (iOS app only), never had to confirm address, last year I ordered a couple of shirts that turned out to be too small, lazada refunded the cash into my lazada wallet and let me keep the shirts !!... I gave them to a neighbor..... bought some groovy polaroids for driving last week, 180 baht

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

I had the same thing with something I ordered from China on lazada. They came with the box and i just knew it could not hold the item I wanted. So i did not even open it. I showed the delivery guy what i ordered and refused the package. It was COD so no loss nothing. 

I believe they play games with customers as they know the item is not available at the price they show so they just send any cheap item out.

On 4/5/2019 at 11:04 AM, robblok said:

No, i have set my default address it says so on the website.  (was the first thing i checked)

And yes i also use COD all the time. 

I meant...set it on the app as well.  I don't think default address syncs from desktop to app.  As I said, Lazada app is very fluky.  Fact is, I never even use the app anymore; just a big pain in the butt.

Not sure if you understood me but I never use COD.  I always use a credit card.  Much quicker and easier to place orders, and seems safe.  That might also be why it asks you to re-enter address on each order.

Bottom line, Lazada has a lot of fluky bugs in BOTH the desktop and app version but they are improving things.  Vastly improved compared to the first time I used it at the end of 2017. 

And I have to say the same thing about AliExpress.  I use both platforms, and generally you get much better deals on identical products on AliExpress vs Lazada.  The thing you have to keep in mind is that many Lazada merchants are just amateur merchants; a lot of them are just kids buying things on AliExpress and re-selling on Lazada (basic arbitrage), and doing it all on their smart phones from their bedroom. 

If your order is under 1500 baht (so you don't have to deal with customs), and you don't mind waiting an extra few days for international delivery, AlieExpress is a better deal IMHO.  If you need it yesterday or price is over 1500, than local Lazada is better.  LOVE how fast Lazada orders get delivered...amazing!

Edited by WaveHunter

I have bought a gas stove and a replacement laptop battery from Lazada without problems. However, I ordered some chain oil for my bicycle and it failed to arrive a week after the notified date. Lazada complaints answered promptly and promised  a refund. Two days later Complaints informed that the supplier was unable to supply the item and had been removed from the list. I got my refund. A week later I ordered a similar item. After a week Lazada cancelled the order because it was a "prohibited item". Again I got a refund.

On 4/5/2019 at 5:58 PM, steven100 said:

Sorry to hear this.

I've had mostly good experiences with them. I must have ordered at least 100 times this past few years. Products as advertised and promptly delivered. However, the few items that were not what I wanted have been easy to return. Well, so far.

Right now I am waiting for Kerry to pick up a 2600b. office chair whose mesh back keeps coming loose. It took two chat sessions with Lazada totaling about 30mins. to get to this point because the return web page was flaky.

The chat chaps were helpful definitely. But I will sign off on fully satisfied only when Kerry comes and carts off the damned thing.

It's just the seductive convenience. I know I should drag my lazy ass out of the apartment and make a Bkk adventure out of finding a great office chair, visiting Ikea, MBK and furniture showrooms around town. But it's so much easier to pop open a beer, sit back and point and click.

Edited by Bang Bang
  • Like 1

The Saddle Bags and Tool Bag for my bike were lowest quality for very little money... two thumps up.

After one dissolved itself by 120 Km/h on Sukhumvit road and the following cars "powderized" it, I had to stop by at the HD Shop and bought some solid Harley bags. High quality for big money. Two Thumbs up.

If you want Chinese crap order at Lazada..

but NO, no verification of my Address was necessary..