Entering Thailand by air and getting a 30 day visa

Hello everyone

I am aware that there have been changes to visa's and requirements just lately.

A friend of mine from England normally gets a single entry 60 day visa but now has been told to get this in the future, will have to submit the application online and then actually have to go in person to London to the Thai Consulate/Embassy to collect it, which obviously creates more time and expense.

He normally stays about six weeks, so if he entered Thailand on a 30 day tourist visa and if he applies for an extension, how long would he get or is it guaranteed that would he get an extension.

Any suggestions would be appreciated thank you.

I flew into BKK 3 weeks ago, Australian passport, no visa and no previous entries in that passport. I got 30 days at Swampy, then 2 weeks later I made a brief trip to Laos for a couple of nights (not for any immigration reason, just for fun) and then I was given a further 30 days entering at Nong Khai. Neither time was I asked to show money. Entering at Swampy the lady IO asked to see my ticket out, so I showed her. At Nong Khai I asked th IO if he wanted to see my ticked out and he didn't. 

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The Visa is valid for 90 days to enter Thailand from the date of issue.

44 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A tourist visa gives 60 days.

The validity of a visa is different from the permitted length of stay.    

A Single Entry Tourist Visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue. 

However, the permitted length of stay is up to 60 days from the date of arrival in Thailand.

• Like 2

Sorry for any confusion but my friend will not go until much later in the year and my enquiry was how long could he get just entering Thailand as a tourist with the allowed 30 days and then seeking some sort of extension thus avoiding the trip to London for a 60 day single entry visa as its not the cost of the visa but just trying to avoid the hassle of going to London what will only be about a total six week trip.

9 minutes ago, geejay said:

Sorry for any confusion but my friend will not go until much later in the year and my enquiry was how long could he get just entering Thailand as a tourist with the allowed 30 days and then seeking some sort of extension thus avoiding the trip to London for a 60 day single entry visa as its not the cost of the visa but just trying to avoid the hassle of going to London what will only be about a total six week trip.

Visa exempt entry giving 30 days + 30 day extension from Immigration (1,900 baht).

I went to Philippines for a month, and on return, Immigration Lady(stay away from ladies) made a big deal out of my brief visit to Laos for a wedding, 6 weeks before, almost didn’t want to let me in , until she talked to my gf , and she said we marry soon, she let me in, then got retirement visa

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 6:26 PM, geejay said:

A friend of mine from England normally gets a single entry 60 day visa but now has been told to get this in the future, will have to submit the application online and then actually have to go in person to London to the Thai Consulate/Embassy to collect it, which obviously creates more time and expense.

Once his application has been approved and from reading the e-visa information, I believe he'll be able to obtain the Visa at his nearest mission, either Glasgow, Cardiff, Liverpool, Hull, or London.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Once his application has been approved and from reading the e-visa information, I believe he'll be able to obtain the Visa at his nearest mission, either Glasgow, Cardiff, Liverpool, Hull, or London.

I am certain it will only be possible in London since the others are all honorary consulates. Only embassies and official consulates are involved it it.

The honorary consulates will still be able to issue visas without the online application being done.