Visa Date Expiring Soon-Change from Non Imm B to Retirement

I am in Thailand . Australian and over 50 years.

My Non Imm B (employment) visa has now been stamped as "void".Bcause i have finished my contract. I have been granted some extension until the 15th  April. My preference is to remain in Thailand and apply for Retirement visa if that is possible.

I have over 800,000 in  a Thai bank. (this is Thai income with tax paid on the income). But i want to do the income option of transferring  65,000 per month. I did the first transfer of 65K from Australian bank  just last week. 

So in my situation, Im not sure if i can apply for a retirement or some other visa type now.

I would appreciate  some first hand advice  from any TV members who have been on a similiar situation and been able to remain in Thailand and change to retirement visa.

Or

1. Did you have to leave Thailand?

2. If so,what sort of visa did you return on?

3. If not , what sort of visa was granted to remain here?

4. Did you get a retirement visa ?

I had intended to sort this first hand at Bangkok immigration, but i have been bed ridden with a nasty  influenza all week.....so would appreciate any TV member feedback before i go there next Tuesday

Greetings. I did it just over a year ago, using B 800,000 which had been in the bank for at least 3 months. But my Extension of Stay for Employment was still valid. All I had to do was cancel my Work Permit and then go to Immigration with a bank letter (confirming my current balance) and a photocopy of my bank book for 3 mo., plus photo, rental contract etc.

If your Non B Visa is now void, what sort of visa do you presently have ?

Assuming you can overcome this hurdle, go with the B 800,000 money in the bank method, since you have the funds.  Worry about switching to the income method later.

• Like 1

You could of changed the reason for your extension of stay from working to one based upon retirement if you had done it on the same day your extension was canceled.

Did you get 7 days to leave the country when you canceled your extension? If yes you will have to go out of the country to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for an extension during the last 30 days 

Or you you could leave and re-enter the country get a 30 day visa exempt entry and apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at a immigration office based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

2 hours ago, thelovedone said:

My Non Imm B (employment) visa has now been stamped as "void".Bcause i have finished my contract. I have been granted some extension until the 15th  April. My preference is to remain in Thailand and apply for Retirement visa if that is possible.

Sounds like you’ve been give 7 days to leave the country. That’s not an extension of stay so you will have to leave the country.

You’re going to have to start from scratch with a Non ‘O’ visa/entry. 

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could of changed the reason for your extension of stay from working to one based upon retirement if you had done it on the same day your extension was canceled.

Did you get 7 days to leave the country when you canceled your extension? If yes you will have to go out of the country to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for an extension during the last 30 days 

Or you you could leave and re-enter the country get a 30 day visa exempt entry and apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at a immigration office based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement.

I have departed Thailand and returned on a visa exempt entry which will expire 1st week of May.

So i will now go to Immigration and apply for "90 day non immigrant visa entry at a immigration office based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon retirement".