List of relaxing and destressing activities in Bangkok

punchandjudy

Apart from walking and resting in parks, what do you guys do on your days off to relax?

I am looking for new ideas, something a bit different - airsoft, paintball, etc.

Also theatre - I would love to watch a play or show or something (other than a ladyboy show or Muay Thai show).

Cheers lads

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

You and I are very alike. Or, at least we were till about a year ago. I moved from employment as an archivist at a well-known museum in Chicago to semi-retired existence in Bangkok a decade ago expressly for the city's culture, boundless greenery and, of course, warmer weather, immersing my days in galleries and bookstores with the occasional interlude of an hour's stroll in a city park, ending invariably in a snack of fruits from a street stall as not much else of the fare from the alfresco eateries appeals to my vegan leanings.

Then, one afternoon late last year upended my life. I was sheltering under a tree in Lumpini Park from a sudden cloudburst when I found myself in the company of a tall and decidedly attractive woman similarly seeking refuge from the rain. The gusts squeezed us closer and closer causing, I am ashamed to say, myself to become sexually, rather than intellectually, aroused. I tried desperately to distract myself with recollecting della Griva's deranged ruminations from Umberto Eco's Island of the Day Before. But it was futile.

As the storm subsided my companion, by then we had each other's names, wondered if she might not change into something drier at my place. Nearly shaking with unfamiliar desires I assented in a hoarse whisper. We were barely in my apartment a couple of sois away when she stripped off, as if with one pass of her hands, to reveal plump breasts unusual for a Thai woman, and even more unusually for any woman, a fully erect cock.

I nearly fainted from shock, in fact, saving myself from falling by grasping a cabinet filled with my treasured collection of pre-Columbian artifacts, gathered through numerous peregrinations within Central America, almost toppling the priceless lot.

I tried weakly to defend myself from this devilish half-woman as she threw me onto the divan, turned me over and had her way. I screamed and screamed, but again I am ashamed to say, in a low voice and from pleasure rather than distress.

Since then my life has turned 180 degrees. I have not been inside a museum or a bookstore nor attended a play in the past year. I prowl the streets at night seeking out these tantalizing sexual hybrids, spending almost all of my meager monthly pension money to be with them, snatching what little shuteye I can manage during the day and eating out of the refrigerator at 7-11s.

I pray as you search fresher pastures for stimulation that you do not encounter the fiendish lure of these sirens, for you might succumb as I did to their promise of mindless gratification. 

haha funny story

are you one of them TV ghost writers ?

I am sure you're not alone with your new found hobby, just be careful, as they have been known to be after a little bit more than casual sex!!!

Very well written Sir!

PS I tried it once but was put off when she asked to borrow my razor in the morning.

Edited by geronimo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

You and I are very alike. Or, at least we were till about a year ago. I moved from employment as an archivist at a well-known museum in Chicago to semi-retired existence in Bangkok a decade ago expressly for the city's culture, boundless greenery and, of course, warmer weather, immersing my days in galleries and bookstores with the occasional interlude of an hour's stroll in a city park, ending invariably in a snack of fruits from a street stall as not much else of the fare from the alfresco eateries appeals to my vegan leanings.

Then, one afternoon late last year upended my life. I was sheltering under a tree in Lumpini Park from a sudden cloudburst when I found myself in the company of a tall and decidedly attractive woman similarly seeking refuge from the rain. The gusts squeezed us closer and closer causing, I am ashamed to say, myself to become sexually, rather than intellectually, aroused. I tried desperately to distract myself with recollecting della Griva's deranged ruminations from Umberto Eco's Island of the Day Before. But it was futile.

As the storm subsided my companion, by then we had each other's names, wondered if she might not change into something drier at my place. Nearly shaking with unfamiliar desires I assented in a hoarse whisper. We were barely in my apartment a couple of sois away when she stripped off, as if with one pass of her hands, to reveal plump breasts unusual for a Thai woman, and even more unusually for any woman, a fully erect cock.

I nearly fainted from shock, in fact, saving myself from falling by grasping a cabinet filled with my treasured collection of pre-Columbian artifacts, gathered through numerous peregrinations within Central America, almost toppling the priceless lot.

I tried weakly to defend myself from this devilish half-woman as she threw me onto the divan, turned me over and had her way. I screamed and screamed, but again I am ashamed to say, in a low voice and from pleasure rather than distress.

Since then my life has turned 180 degrees. I have not been inside a museum or a bookstore nor attended a play in the past year. I prowl the streets at night seeking out these tantalizing sexual hybrids, spending almost all of my meager monthly pension money to be with them, snatching what little shuteye I can manage during the day and eating out of the refrigerator at 7-11s.

I pray as you search fresher pastures for stimulation that you do not encounter the fiendish lure of these sirens, for you might succumb as I did to their promise of mindless gratification. 

Fair enough....but I would suggest Scrabble.

Rooster

11 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst it may well be "relaxing and destressing" (or even distressing) for some, lets not derail this into other areas please. Thanks.

Charlie's done gone made me feel guilty. So I am going to be serious now. Try Latin dance, salsa, tango, etc. Bkk has a vibrant scene if you google. It's sociable and healthful.

And you don't have to have a partner to go. Plenty of singles looking for someone to dance with. We're not talking hookers and mongers here but well-groomed cashed-up expat men and women, as well as a fair sprinkling of mid to hiso Thais.

One salsa place I went to a couple of years ago was full of Japanese women. And if you have the faintest familiarity with evolutionary biology you will know that they are the highest form of female mammal.

Edited by Bang Bang

As a one off what about axe throwing (golden axe throw club)? Things you could do more frequently include laser tag (Yok Pok Ying), Go karting (there's plenty) or Wakeboarding ( zanook wake park)?

Oh and there's a paintballing opposite seacon square but It doesn't look very good IMO.

8 hours ago, Bang Bang said:

Japanese women. And if you have the faintest familiarity with evolutionary biology you will know that they are the highest form of female mammal.

Their hideous screeching mating calls are horrible.

There can't be a strict list of relaxing and distressing activities to do in Bankok or anywhere else in the world. What really matters is your taste and perspective in life, since what relaxes me could be distressing to you. It also depends on whether you are an introvert or extrovert

The only relaxing and destressing activity I can think of in Bangkok is getting on a long-distance bus or taxi and leaving it. Why anyone would possibly want to live there beyond the fact that they can't earn money anywhere else is beyond me. Horrible little hole.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:19 AM, Bang Bang said:

Ha ha, possibly the best reply I have ever read here!  Well done sir.