Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been saying since day one he won't last.

He arrests hundreds of minor offenders not only depriving corrupt cops of an income stream but also creating negative  social media.

Not good for tourism if a cop is running around arresting hundreds of foreigners.

Law enforcement is irrelevant in this matter.

He also wasted alot of money on glossy posters and charts.

Stationary budget...MOD!   Lol

14 hours ago, hellstens said:

He has probably stepped on some big shots toes, that lose business because of him.lol 

It was a ticking bomb waiting to happen. His bosses; "ok he's stirred the sh.t up. Time for him to go" 555

monkeys-laughing (1).jpg

9 hours ago, Jiggo said:

How did you manage that? 

Maybe I didn't phrase that well.  I mean, instead of topping up my account balance to 800K 90+ days ahead of the extension date, I waited until 60 days before that date.

6 hours ago, lkv said:

It does not have to make sense.

Check what will happen to Big Joke on AMM's twitter (last tweet).

Incredible all the details about the "accomodation " and its "location"

40 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Hate to say this, but about a week ago BJ had a meeting with Prawit where Prawit was expected to table a few ideas of his own. Nothing will change if it Prawit who is driving it.

Wishful thinking of the chattering pats aside, all changes will remain on the books. Agreed. Although CM IO for one might sink back to their bad old ways, heh

However, that might be it for a while. At least one group is not happy that revenue streams are diminishing. No matter how you spin it the general economy has been in a malaise for some years now, (boy they have tried to spin that out of existence) then Phuket, Pattaya and CM have had bad tourist years. At least in one of those towns, if not more, there is an apartment/condo glut. No matter deadbeats or not, I know a few Pats who have left and more that plan on it. They were all renting apartments and condos. No Chinese are waiting to move in. Go figure huh? 

And then likely a number of industries depend on illegal Cambo, Myanmar and Indian/Pakistani.

At some point a line was drawn, a plan was hatched.

Note to Self - double up on the Microwave popcorn I was buying for the Songkhran Breaking Bad Binge fest. :thumbsup:

there has got to billions of baht pouring in to immigration via the back door, my thinking is he pissed off one too many in that department, i know one agent got 600 customers, (one agent, one centre) ??  immigration got 9000 every time, for the stamp, (probably a lot more now) can anyone seeing them letting this golden pay day go down the pan , of course not. you can gaurantee this payday went right to the top of the money chain

9 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Wishful thinking of the chattering pats aside, all changes will remain on the books. Agreed. Although CM IO for one might sink back to their bad old ways, heh

However, that might be it for a while. At least one group is not happy that revenue streams are diminishing. No matter how you spin it the general economy has been in a malaise for some years now, (boy they have tried to spin that out of existence) then Phuket, Pattaya and CM have had bad tourist years. At least in one of those towns, if not more, there is an apartment/condo glut. No matter deadbeats or not, I know a few Pats who have left and more that plan on it. They were all renting apartments and condos. No Chinese are waiting to move in. Go figure huh? 

And then likely a number of industries depend on illegal Cambo, Myanmar and Indian/Pakistani.

At some point a line was drawn, a plan was hatched.

Note to Self - double up on the Microwave popcorn I was buying for the Songkhran Breaking Bad Binge fest. :thumbsup:

What indicator would show the Thai economy to be in a malaise ? Any indicator or measure shows the thai economy to be doing ok. Pick one, GDP, growth, foreign reserves, stock market, exports etc etc.

The same question for tourist numbers, other than "the bar stool next to me is empty" all statistics show tourist numbers increase year on year.

Damn, I'm not even out of Asia yet and the action is starting. So Big Joke is getting canned? Wow. So I'm not going to wade through all of this, do we know why, or is this just 20 pages of TVF speculating? Any inside info? 

You guys want to see Police State you need to be here in Shanghai, wow.

Just now, Peterw42 said:

What indicator would show the Thai economy to be in a malaise ? Any indicator or measure shows the thai economy to be doing ok. Pick one, GDP, growth, foreign reserves, stock market, exports etc etc.

The same question for tourist numbers, other than "the bar stool next to me is empty" all statistics show tourist numbers increase year on year.

The same tired old deflections  :biggrin:  You have anything better than this?  

Instead of barstools I mentioned condo apartments ... Need to stick with the narrative posted, not the one one in your imagination, or post it notes.

Now time to gear up and get popcorn and Pasta sauce.

HooYaa!

15 hours ago, BestB said:

No one comes back from inactive post. They end up in some dark corner for the rest of their life ????????

So not so much a ' bridge of sighs ' as a ' lift of sighs '.

In this case what goes up ..........stays up.

16 hours ago, OJAS said:

Is that where all cops transferred to inactive posts end up? If so, then Building One looks like being in increasing danger of collapse!

They started at the ground floor and are apparently up to the 20th now. 

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Even Airbnb admit to bookings for April are down by 34% in Phuket

Archived