Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

1 minute ago, keysersoze276 said:

I agree with you on this, though.  That's 100% true.

But that's not why he got purged in my opinion, as much as the retired expats would want to believe that ????

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

Two people were arrested allegedly for a 70 million baht scam for a fleet of immigration police cars.

I read the Google Translate version of the ISRANews article you linked to. Doesn't mention BJ at all.

But more to the point, the article is clearly talking about a Tourist Police vehicle rental contract, not an Immigration Division rental contract. And as far as I know, BJ has had no oversight over the Tourist Police since he was promoted to be the head of Immigration (although he seems to have been a man of many hats).

So whether there's any connection or not seems a bit muddled.

2132429195_2019-04-0702_24_03.jpg.ca63517184d1437711209e8e00bf7f68.jpg

9 minutes ago, lkv said:

But that's not why he got purged in my opinion, as much as the retired expats would want to believe that ????

If the rumors of some HIGHER up intervention on this are true, then it would seem very unlikely that any of what's going on had anything to do with whether or not BJ and his policies made life miserable for many farangs in Thailand.

He had a powerful and influential backer in Prawit, by all accounts, but apparently that was not enough to save him from the current circumstance. That should be telling in and of itself.

However, we might assume that Prawit, Chaijinda and others once again will a major say in who the next Immigration Commander will be and what direction that takes. And since those are the same folks who brought BJ to Immigration and supported him for a good while, to expect any big reversals now would seem unlikely.....

That's my two cents, subject to new info that may come leaking in....

1 hour ago, keysersoze276 said:

Yeah.  The whole thing is unfortunate for the retirees here.  My heart goes out to the ones that had to pack up and sell and go home or elsewhere and start a new life at an old age because some sudden knee-jerk policy change.  But I do find it hard to blame the foreign embassies for not taking on a ton of more work and manpower to satisfy Thai Immigration demands.  And despite the guys hanging around gloating that they have no problem with satisfying the new requirements- it was a nightmare and life disaster for many.

embassies not providing stat decs  are breaking the law, All citizens have the right to a stat decs at least the usa and oz. If I choose to declare my alliance to the almighty chicken god , as long as I paid 50 bucks and got it witnessed then I would be sweet, its nobodies business but mine. Im guessing just maybe there will be some back flipping in the next few months.. just a guess

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If the rumors of some HIGHER up intervention on this are true, then it would seem very unlikely that any of what's going on had anything to do with whether or not BJ and his policies made life miserable for many farangs in Thailand.

He had a powerful and influential backer in Prawit, by all accounts, but apparently that was not enough to save him from the current circumstance. That should be telling in and of itself.

However, we might assume that Prawit, Chaijinda and others will a major say in who the next Immigration Commander will be. And since those are the same folks who brought BJ to Immigration and supported him for a good while, to expect any big reversals now would seem unlikely.....

That's my two cents, subject to new info that may come leaking in....

I have read at lenth comments on AMM's FB posts and will keep reading them. Based on many of them, Thai people did not really like Big Joke.

Now, moving forward, we have the Coronation ceremonies 4-6 May and election result 9 May.

Of course, totally unrelated to what's going on with Big Joke, sorry for the offtopic.

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I read the Google Translate version of the ISRANews article you linked to. Doesn't mention BJ at all.

But more to the point, the article is clearly talking about a Tourist Police vehicle rental contract, not an Immigration Division rental contract. And as far as I know, BJ has had no oversight over the Tourist Police since he was promoted to be the head of Immigration (although he seems to have been a man of many hats).

So whether there's any connection or not seems a bit muddled.

2132429195_2019-04-0702_24_03.jpg.ca63517184d1437711209e8e00bf7f68.jpg

I did the same thing.  I noted in another post it doesn't mention BJ by name.  Pretty awful translation, but it seems to be saying 3,889,800 went missing, right?  Like you, Idk how BJ would be involved in this scheme or what oversight he would have in it.  But this is what my gf said it's about and she said two people were arrested.  An official statement is expected on Tuesday.  Like I said, idk if it's true or not. 

Probably Tuesday will run into Thursday and slide right past the weekend and through Songkran into May, which will have to wait until some other things are squared away, then after the ballot recount and second voting the statement may be lost in an aircraft hangar.  They may rip it up and rewrite it a few times so maybe a few more weeks, then after protests calm down and a few more military coups we may know the real story within several years.

But this is what my gf said it's about and she said two people were arrested.  An official statement is expected on Tuesday.  Like I said, idk if it's true or not. 

Probably Tuesday will run into Thursday and slide right past the weekend and through Songkran into May, which will have to wait until some other things are squared away, then after the ballot recount and second voting the statement may be lost in an aircraft hangar.  They may rip it up and rewrite it a few times so maybe a few more weeks, then after protests calm down and a few more military coups we may know the real story within several years.

Yep. So it's becoming quite clear. The official story is being written as we speak, cars and all that, and we will have the pleasure to hear it after the weekend.

I don't think we will ever know the true story if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

I did the same thing.  I noted in another post it doesn't mention BJ by name.  Pretty awful translation, but it seems to be saying 3,889,800 went missing, right?  Like you, Idk how BJ would be involved in this scheme or what oversight he would have in it.  But this is what my gf said it's about and she said two people were arrested.  An official statement is expected on Tuesday.  Like I said, idk if it's true or not. 

There is no mention of the man at all. Its idiotic to push it unless there is proof

They wouldn't raid him at Pullman Hotel and seize his computer (if that's what happened) because Thai people didn't like him or because his policies hurt businesses or because he pissed off some tourists or expats...unless they conjured up some very, very, serious false accusations.  I'm thinking either a major crime was committed or it's made to look like one.

42 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There are some serious power struggles going on and it extends all the way to the top. BJ is just a minor casualty, a mere Pawn in the game.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

No I think I will just stay with tourist visas...

Same same here... easy for those that are on retirement visa or marriage visa to telll others to get the correct visa if want to stay in Thailand, and if not get the elite visa, firstly not everyone want to marry a women or are over the age of 50 years, then they will say get the elite visa 5 years = 500k , while those on retirement visa or marriage visa pay only few thousands of baht and have there visa but have to prove they got money in the bank, easy peasy...

shoukd have some visa fit us under 50 years of age, let’s say 20,000 baht for a year visa or something similar that is a win win situation, so many wealthy people in Thailand spending much money but are to young or not married and the options are very few, elite visa is a waste of money...

13 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

There are some serious power struggles going on and it extends all the way to the top. BJ is just a minor casualty, a mere Pawn in the game.

Yeah, I'm guessing he was used as an example. As in: "It can happen to YOU next, so behave".

YOU = Prawit...Prayuth...

57 minutes ago, madmen said:

Exactly. So why are you here?

Just like you he has no life and spends 10 hours a day on msg boards. So much to do in Thailand instead. Why do so many spend so many waking hours on these boards offering nothing of value. Incredible.

37 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yeah, I'm guessing he was used as an example. As in: "It can happen to YOU next, so behave".

YOU = Prawit...Prayuth...

Yes, indeed you were "guessing" as you said. Why not gather the FACTS and then bring something of substance to this board? Too much to ask?

6 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Too much to ask?

Yep, it is a little too much to ask as a matter of fact.

There will be no facts, there will only be speculation, and the most plausible one will contravene Thai laws and rules of this forum, comments will be deleted and the thread will be shut down.

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

Yep, it is a little too much to ask as a matter of fact.

There will be no facts, there will only be speculation, and the most plausible one will contravene Thai laws and rules of this forum, comments will be deleted and the thread will be shut down.

Sorry you feel that way. So sad.

4 minutes ago, lkv said:

It's not only me who feels that way. Thailand has lese majeste laws in place.

Enough said.

Wrong. You don't need to trash any of the folks noted in the lese majeste laws. Never a need to. What you do need to do is respect the fact that the Thai officials will do what they will about various issues. It's not up to "visitors" in the country to tell them how to do things better. You might get away with that sort of thing in your homeland but you need to respect the Thai way of doing things. If you feel the need to help the situation then do so. Otherwise...... 

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

Wrong. You don't need to trash any of the folks noted in the lese majeste laws. Never a need to. What you do need to do is respect the fact that the Thai officials will do what they will about various issues. It's not up to "visitors" in the country to tell them how to do things better. You might get away with that sort of thing in your homeland but you need to respect the Thai way of doing things. If you feel the need to help the situation then do so. Otherwise...... 

Thanks for the input.

We did not tell them how to do their job, they will continue to do their jobs in typical Thai fashion anyway without our input, we are just observing and drawing conclusions.

lol.  What do you suggest I do?  Get involved how to find what solution to what problem?  Scale building 1 to the 20th floor of the RTP headquarters and break him out of there?  Or go testify that I have condemning evidence against him?  Offer him PTSD psychological evaluations?  This is the funniest troll post I've ever seen on here!

No, get involved in the community. Be a pleasant farang for the Thais to get to know. Get involved in their culture. By showing you are there to be a "good farang" that obeys the laws will possible help with the way new laws related to farangs will be written. Too many loser farangs there. That needs to stop.

5 minutes ago, lkv said:

Thanks for the input.

We did not tell them how to do their job, they will continue to do their jobs in typical Thai fashion anyway without our input, we are just observing and drawing conclusions.

Thanks but it isn't probably a good idea to draw conclusions as you will never have all the facts. Tis better to just quietly observe and not complain too much as it accomplishes nothing. 

Just now, HuskerDo said:

No, get involved in the community. Be a pleasant farang for the Thais to get to know. Get involved in their culture. By showing you are there to be a "good farang" that obeys the laws will possible help with the way new laws related to farangs will be written. Too many loser farangs there. That needs to stop.

I guess you're not such a good friend of theirs, the Facebook comments I am reading from Thai people on Facebook outside of Thai Government control are indicating the opposite.

So they're not very truthful to you when it comes to sensitive subjects.

7 minutes ago, lkv said:

Thanks for the input.

Just wanted to add that when you say "in typical Thai fashion" you are insulting the Thais and implying you have a better way. Not a good idea. You are there because they allow you to be. Be respectful please.

1 minute ago, HuskerDo said:

Just wanted to add that when you say "in typical Thai fashion" you are insulting the Thais and implying you have a better way. Not a good idea. You are there because they allow you to be. Be respectful please.

I'm in Europe now, this is an international forum ????

Archived