Police chief orders Big Joke transferred to inactive post

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For his replacememt: Please get rid of the 90 day reporting!. It's ownerouis and a waste of resources. But then again good money maker for immigration department (2,000 baht if late reporting). Borderline scam.

6 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Just like you he has no life and spends 10 hours a day on msg boards. So much to do in Thailand instead. Why do so many spend so many waking hours on these boards offering nothing of value. Incredible.

Almost 700 posts in just three months? What are you doing?

21 minutes ago, nputman said:

Demoted or promoted that has yet to be seen. 

It's very unclear (at least to me) on what is happening and why :ermm:

Even on Thai websites, some still say it could be a "break" before a promotion :mellow: but those who are not Thailand-hosted (like on Facebook, Twitter...) seems to say it could be far worse than an inactive post at the RTP Headquarter: on decision of the person at the top, something like a small room with bars on window... :blink:

Personally I would not be surprised if the banking system was pumping huge amounts of money his way. The changes in the retirement extension, smelled to high heaven IMO. 

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

He was doing a good job,cannot think why or what he has done to

warrant this, he really shook up Chiang Mai immigration,made it

a 100 % better,and I thank him for that,deported a lot of bad

people that had no right to be in Thailand,he did a lot of good,

this is what happens when good people try to make things

better.

regards worgeordie

He wasn't all that great. Made life much more difficult for a lot of folks too. And don't forget he was happy enough to send that Saudi girl back to her death until she drew international attention to her plight

17 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

Reasons are: Auditors discovered the numbers of foreigners arrested and supposedly removed did not match the numbers announced by BJ.

BJ always stated that there are no more overstayers in the kingdom, fake info.

The Big Boss has been reading TV on regular basis....555

Remember with every new day come new overstayers. It’s an impossible task to have zero overstayers.

9 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Remember with every new day come new overstayers. It’s an impossible task to have zero overstayers.

Also impossible for many Thai business to survive without illegal immigrunts 

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thai media has reported that immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn has been ordered transferred to an inactive post.

That's what happens to a puppet when the strings are cut

17 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

does this mean all the crazy new rules regarding extensions will be reversed?

Highly unlikely! No matter the country, laws are rarely eliminated once they are instated. The best to hope for, in my opinion, is that the more insane ones will simply be swept under the rug and ignored.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Err, I hate to be pedantic but Embassy letters are still being accepted. It never stopped!

Err, yourself.  U.S., UK, Canada (?), Denmark (any more?) do not issue income affidavits.  So, in that case, it doesn't matter what Imm will or will not accept. Actually a very clever move on the Part of BJ; apparently much easier to get the embassies to stop issuing letters than to change the Thai policy about accepting or not accepting them. Love to have been a fly on the wall and learn how BJ got the embassies to comply.  Did he just send them an e-mail "Guys, please stop issuing income affidavits," and they quickly responded "Sure, no problem. Anything for you BJ!" ???

My guess is that it's to do with the young Saudi woman. He appeared to more or less unilaterally over-turn previous policy. That probably stepped on toes here and certainly stepped on huge and Royal toes in Saudi. That's offending an awful lot of powerful people, causing loss of face. Could be what goes around comes around. If not that my thoughts are election-related. I feel his immigration antics and policies least likely. Who cares about the loss of farang retirees for instance.

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Err, I hate to be pedantic but Embassy letters are still being accepted. It never stopped!

Of course you are correct, what I should have said is perhaps the Thai Immigration dept will withdraw the more onerous request of verification requirements so that those embassies may choose  to re-commence the issuance of income letters.

A lot of speculation but i hope soon we will get more info,surely they can not just do what they did and notgive a reason?

Maybe they need time to come up with a reason?

Next question,who is going to believe the reason we will be given?

Very strange but i still think it does not have anything to do with the way he worked.We will find out.

1 hour ago, RBOP said:

For his replacememt: Please get rid of the 90 day reporting!. It's ownerouis and a waste of resources. But then again good money maker for immigration department (2,000 baht if late reporting). Borderline scam.

How is 90 day reporting onerous?! 

We are living in a foreign country. Why shouldn’t we be required to check in to Immigration every three months, so they know we are still living where we say we are. Hardly Big Brother.

And the fine of 2000 baht for being late is hardly a ‘borderline scam’ either. You have 90 days to plan ahead and a ‘window’ of just over 3 weeks within which to turn up at Immigration (15 days before and 7 days after the due date).

If you are so disorganised that not even a financial penalty can get your a** in gear then there’s no hope for you. 

I was sad when I heard about Big Joke. It seemed to me that he had made a genuine effort to make a positive difference, particularly with his crack down on corruption in his department.

As others have suggested, his apparent success and popularity has made others jealous, or has threatened some powerful people’s income streams. He has only been in post a short time. Didn’t take long for these vested interests to kick back at him.

Reminded me of the old legend of Icarus who flew too close to the sun. Although, judging by some of the gloating posts here, others see him as a later day Satan ????

EBD6AD51-9722-4728-901E-548727D51660.gif

7E6F5DFF-6C5B-4A0E-BEBD-A987A781913B.jpeg

I think it’s funny that there are folks on here who think this might be in some way related to his work with visa enforcement and related issues ????????????

If he's upset someone "high up" you'd have to wonder who. His apparent benefactor and backers is the Deputy PM. 

I'd think is part of something a bit bigger than a bit of administrative over reach ???? 

Pretty much any actions taken right after an election are almost certainly politically motivated.  Almost have to believe he aligned himself with/befriended one of the up and comers that are now being charged with pissing off the establishment.  

I'm guessing that all the same "experts" who rushed to post here a couple of years ago about how wonderful it was that the Junta was cracking down on corruption when a few members of the same family were dismissed and disgraced will be giving us the benefit of their own conclusions again.  The fact is we will probably never know the whole story and may not know even part of it

9 minutes ago, sandrew33 said:

I think it’s funny that there are folks on here who think this might be in some way related to his work with visa enforcement and related issues ????????????

If he's upset someone "high up" you'd have to wonder who. His apparent benefactor and backers is the Deputy PM. 

I'd think is part of something a bit bigger than a bit of administrative over reach ???? 

Maybe a promotion,  Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :shock1: :giggle:

Too say.  Double, Top Secret,  Falang Catcher. 

download.jpg

15 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yeah right, 3-4 embassies just decided to shut down their income letters for no reason, nothing to do with immigration, lol. They did it because immigration wanted more verification, did you miss that memo ?

He extended the 800k seasoning, 400k for the rest of the year, shut down any income and deposit combination method, extra visits to immigration, income now has to come into thailand every month and can only be pension income. 

At a bare minimum you now have to keep800k for 6 months and 400k in the bank all year and visit immigration to show your bank book 90 days after extension , that impacts everyone.

one hoop to many and you kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Archived