PM praises Mae Fah Luang University for helping solve PM 2.5 problem

rooster59

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

But without the PM or the article offering any details of the university's proposal.

That's by design so the PM can later announce the new measures and claim them as his own idea. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I got an air purifier and for time indoors, it works great..

Good for you. But you should still wear the mask. Can't be too careful in LOS. Also check your tap water for contaminants. Keep away from dogs that could bite.

We don't have any problem with the air quality in Isaan. Must be CM's location.

• Like 1

Or they could just enforce the law and hire a real police force to go out and start arresting... everyone. 

Fire on your property (even if you didn’t start it): Several years in jail and huge fine. 

Caught starting the fire: Automatic 5 - 10 years in prison for first offense. Second offense is 20 years. Third is life.

It’s going to take tough laws and police to enforce them. Otherwise, nothing is changing.

But this will never happen so nothing will change.

Many other countries have solved this problem already. Thailand is still trying to figure out how.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

We don't have any problem with the air quality in Isaan. Must be CM's location.

It’s 104 in Udon right now, was up to 130. Some areas are 150. Some in the 90s. 

What are you driveling on about?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dcnx said:

It’s 104 in Udon right now, was up to 130. Some areas are 150. Some in the 90s. 

What are you driveling on about?

You must be simply unlucky. In a vortex, or something.

I'm north of Udon Thani and it it is very comfortable. Admittedly I have a fan on the go, but the air is lovely. Off to the farm shortly to feed the fish. Just the occasional bit of burnt sugar leaf wafting in the air. Nothing worth worrying about.

Too much concrete in Udon.

BTW, what is 130 and 104? I use modern methods of calculating temperature; as does most of the world.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DavisH said:

If many boats can push floodwaters down a river, can't many big fans pointing north blow the smoke away? I'm waiting for the announcement that everyone is to put their house fans on their roofs and point them north. I reckon it should work a treat????

Or as I posted during the last smog , helicopters flying upside down to push the smog up and they could mow my lawn at the same time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

But without the PM or the article offering any details of the university's proposal.

Typical.

Possibly the findings to extinguish all fires didn't really rate as breaking any new academic norms. 

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Rumoured to be that they all stick their bots out the window at the same time and pass wind simultaneously . The concept being that the bad air will be blown away and the new foul air although unpleasant is not as dangerous .

In most cases.

50 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Surely the answer was obvious from the beginning, everyone should stop breathing until May,

The current brains trust trying to run or is that run-down the country, should set an example and immediately stop breathing, the longer they stop the better 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Denim said:

Rumoured to be that they all stick their bots out the window at the same time and pass wind simultaneously . The concept being that the bad air will be blown away and the new foul air although unpleasant is not as dangerous .

In most cases.

Yes butt , all that methane gas , 1 spark is all it needs.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What about preventing the problem in the first place,

been proactive is much better than trying to solve the

problem AFTER the forests are ablaze,the trouble is

Thailand is not good at been proactive,they wait till

the problems occur,then try to do something.

The other day people taking selfies on a Thai beach

near the airport were threatened with the death plenty, 

what about say 5 years for been an arsonist,instead of

a 500 THB fine.

regards Worgeordie

Here is the video u tube

Edited by kevvy
wrong item
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

You must be simply unlucky. In a vortex, or something.

I'm north of Udon Thani and it it is very comfortable. Admittedly I have a fan on the go, but the air is lovely. Off to the farm shortly to feed the fish. Just the occasional bit of burnt sugar leaf wafting in the air. Nothing worth worrying about.

Too much concrete in Udon.

BTW, what is 130 and 104? I use modern methods of calculating temperature; as does most of the world.

It's the Air Quality Index, over 25 is considered unhealthy.

https://aqicn.org/map/thailand/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

If many boats can push floodwaters down a river, can't many big fans pointing north blow the smoke away? I'm waiting for the announcement that everyone is to put their house fans on their roofs and point them north. I reckon it should work a treat????

And supplement the fans with leaf blowers - problem solved.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha expressed his gratitude and appreciation to the university for taking part in solving this problem, saying that the government is willing to hear all useful proposals.

Meanwhile, the Ministry of the Interior and the Governor of Chiang Rai are also ready to receive suggestions from the university to consider them.

Is this code for " we haven't a bloody clue " or just verbal chaff for the ears of the masses .. Here's a suggestion stop setting fire to everything .. 

And tomorrow is the start of the ULEZ ( ultra low emission zone ) in London where less than the most modern clean running vehicles get hit with swingeing charges to enter the zone .. All automatically .. Now there's an idea for 'em to take up .. Won't be cheap or popular though .. 

I am still in Bangkok with my family, waiting for CMs air to be on an acceptable level again. For anyone planning to move to CM, do yourself  a favour and add at least 150K THB to your budget. Money you will need to move your family away for 2-3 months every year.