US lawyers in Bangkok: Big Joke transfer won't change immigration policy for retirees one bit

webfact

6 hours ago, Jim7777 said:

Well just for one of many things I don’t have to drive 5 hours to Bangkok every year when I renew my extension to pay $50 dollars for that stupid income affidavit.  From now on all I have to do is just show Immigration my bank records for the whole year and it’s all done locally right here where I live.  I’m also saving money by using a Thai bank account I wish I would’ve thought about that before the new income verification procedures.  And those are just a few things that benefit me I’m not gonna go round and round with you about it or argue about it with you.  And I’m not getting sucked into this dialogue again.  But like I said that’s just me everyone’s personal situation is different.  For some maybe it’s not better but for me it’s awesome I’m glad they made the new policies.  Although I can understand why people don’t like the 800K policy.  But I’ve already explained everything in my above posts and I don’t really have to explain myself to you.  

The income option was available before the recent changes. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

// he was a saboteur, and he brought grievous harm to the nation, with his hateful policies towards Westerners //

What are you talking about ? Delirium again ?

Which policies did he make especially towards Westerners ??

6 hours ago, ousaou said:

The US Embassy in Bangkok is refusing to notarized the annual income of US citizen. The majority of US permanents US residents are Social Security recipients. The social Security Administration sent a letter on Social Security letter head, every recipient, in December of every year “Your new benefit amount” for the following year. It shows your gross retirement and your deductions, if you have any. It shows your retirement net, before taxes.

The US Embassy represent the Federal Government and as such as access to all US Social Security Account on line, on the Federal Government network, which is secured.

I cannot stomach an official government, so call, embassy that say, on their web site, that they cannot “verify”. This can of lie is not acceptable. An embassy purpose is to take care of the US Citizen, a side from the diplomatic relations, with the Thaï government, they refuse, there is a name for these kinds of people?

They are stopping all notery services everywhere. Personally I think it is to reign in retirees (baby boomers) from retiring overseas. It will stop 75% or more from the states from going to Thailand IMO. With Thailands retirement rules, it is a dead end for most retiree's. So mission accomplished. 

8 hours ago, Pravda said:

I spoke with my ex wife who used to work for central intelligence and is now in UK handling the higher aspects of brexit. Let me tell you big changes are coming, this is going to be huge folks. Big, big changes coming to this amazing country it's incredible. I'm not allowed to say everything, but I'll just say this.

Relaxed bridge rules for British retirees from Pattaya chief immigration officer. And this is just the beginning. Let's make Thailand great again!

Another post with ex wife who knows everything but cannot say anything, good to know that you and your ex wife knows. Thanks for letting us know.

1 hour ago, garyk said:

They are stopping all notery services everywhere. Personally I think it is to reign in retirees (baby boomers) from retiring overseas. It will stop 75% or more from the states from going to Thailand IMO. With Thailands retirement rules, it is a dead end for most retiree's. So mission accomplished. 

Why?  Not that many retirees were lying. 

2 hours ago, garyk said:

It will stop 75% or more from the states from going to Thailand IMO.

With Thailands retirement rules, it is a dead end for most retiree's.

Do you realize how ridiculous these statements are? You are talking of the USA, one of richest country with very high salaries (compared to many other western countries) and you would like us to believe that US retirees are unable to deposit 800'000B (~$25'000) in a Thai bank to secure their yearly extension?... Seriously. :whistling:

10 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Do you realize how ridiculous these statements are? You are talking of the USA, one of richest country with very high salaries (compared to many other western countries) and you would like us to believe that US retirees are unable to deposit 800'000B (~$25'000) in a Thai bank to secure their yearly extension?... Seriously. :whistling:

Of course most could deposit 800,000 baht in a Thai bank but are choosing not to do so.  Thai Immigration went too far on their ridicules requirements for a one year extension.  

It was bad enough having to go through their nonsensical one year extension application year after year, their 90 day checkin which no other country in the world does, and TM forms for everything imaginable.....Seriously, it's not worth it anymore to go through all this just to live in a third world country.  ????    

22 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

In many cases, yes, that's true for Americans....  Seriously:

Broke in terms of having little or no savings accumulated.

2129722932_2019-04-0822_35_47.jpg.71746dc2e05848898d882e7fd3d3134a.jpg

https://www.gobankingrates.com/retirement/planning/why-americans-will-retire-broke/

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In many cases, yes, that's true for Americans....  Seriously:

Broke in terms of having little or no savings accumulated.

2129722932_2019-04-0822_35_47.jpg.71746dc2e05848898d882e7fd3d3134a.jpg

https://www.gobankingrates.com/retirement/planning/why-americans-will-retire-broke/

Does "savings" cover annuities and state and federal pensions? if so, I suppose thats's why I can retire here. Not all of us come here with lump sums to enrich poorly run Thai banks. The government appeals to . have just that scenario in mind, though. "Make ;em pay by propping up  our banks. i"d love to see them swinging from scaffolds.

2 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

Does "savings" cover annuities and state and federal pensions? if so, I suppose thats's why I can retire here. Not all of us come here with lump sums to enrich poorly run Thai banks. The government appeals to . have just that scenario in mind, though. "Make ;em pay by propping up  our banks. i"d love to see them swinging from scaffolds.

The prior poster was griping that he didn't believe some Americans couldn't come up with the 800K bank deposit for a Thai retirement visa... My response was to show that a lot of Americans have very little money saved in the bank.

That doesn't mean they don't have money coming in monthly from work or pensions or government support. It just means they're often not SAVING much of it, for various reasons.

2 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

You really think 75% of the US retirees are not able or willing to switch from the income to the 800k method?

Yep I do.  The only ones that will switch to the 800K rule are the ones that are here already, Most are stuck and in a relationship. New retiree's will avoid Thailand. To many other places that want retiree's. Thailand is a joke IMO for retirement. I still have 11 months on my retirement visa there. But, I have already moved on. You would have to be an idiot to put that kind of money in a Thai bank... for what? I will get hammered for this but it is the truth, Thailand is an extremely unfriendly retirement destination IMO.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The prior poster was griping that he didn't believe some Americans couldn't come up with the 800K bank deposit for a Thai retirement visa... My response was to show that a lot of Americans have very little money saved in the bank.

Right. Seems many Americans indeed have few "saved money in the bank", mainly because of the American way of life and the credit cards culture.

So to retire in Thailand they will have to choose if they will sell their expensive car or their second home :wink:

16 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Why was he de-promoted ?

Demoted.

Probably due to political reason, he didn't support the military party.

There is an intense  power struggle between the military party and the Taksin parties right now.

Nope. They're still helping expats in Colombia and Peru officialize their pension income statements for the local immigration offices. Don't believe the embassy in Bangkok cannot do the same.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most Americans are in debt.

Yep I do.  The only ones that will switch to the 800K rule are the ones that are here already, Most are stuck and in a relationship. New retiree's will avoid Thailand. To many other places that want retiree's. Thailand is a joke IMO for retirement. I still have 11 months on my retirement visa there. But, I have already moved on. You would have to be an idiot to put that kind of money in a Thai bank... for what? I will get hammered for this but it is the truth, Thailand is an extremely unfriendly retirement destination IMO.
New retirees should avoid Thailand. The welcome mat is made of quicksand.

11 hours ago, bander said:

Thank you for sharing with TV that you played poker in Melbourne and met a half Filipino from the Seychelles who ended up in the US. Good to know.

Maybe you should change your name from Bander to Banter as in mindless.  If the post was frivolous to you, then don't waste time commenting back about it

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Demoted.

Probably due to political reason, he didn't support the military party.

There is an intense  power struggle between the military party and the Taksin parties right now.

Maybe his bosses did not agree with the absurd fine of 10,000 bht for failed 24 hrs notification at immigration office  that’s probably it..

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

In fact people showing up now trying to apply via bank deposit are being denied if their nationality still offers letters.

Who told you this BS? no one is denied if he shows 800k in his account.

5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

What are you talking about ? Delirium again ?

Which policies did he make especially towards Westerners ??

It was a general attitude of a false crusader, a hypocrite, an ultra nationalist and a man who despises foreigners (non Asians). Good riddens.

Google and read this if you have time,  Thailand: Shifting Ground between the US and a Rising China

It ain't going to get better in Thailand for westerners IMO. 

Archived