US lawyers in Bangkok: Big Joke transfer won't change immigration policy for retirees one bit

webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mstevens said:

Big Joke obviously pissed someone a long way up the food chain off, and his disappearance had nothing to do with changes made to Immigration policy while he was in control. As such, don't expect any of the recent changes made to be unwound.

Obviously must be a source. Grafeful you share.

3 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Yes, somewhere on a topic here, there is a Dane confirming that his Embassy is again issuing a L.o.I., providing the incomes are from a State pension. 

As far as UK expats are concerned, that would still be way below the amount needed for a retirement extension and even touch and go for marriage version. In my case, because my pension fund was opted out of serps, I wouldn't qualify at all. The Danes must get a good state pension. Now if it included works pension, then I and a lot of others would be quids in if the British Embassy followed suit. Back to how it was before the new rules came in, in fact.

It wouldn't matter even if they did away with all requirements to retirement there would be a few still complaining about something. Remember boys Big Joke was not the only decision maker about these new rules , Thailand love committe, his ejection from office will not stop the onward march of immigration rule changes. Out with the cheats

This guy is talking nonsense. Things will change. Maybe not right away, and maybe not totally. But, they will improve. They got rid of the biggest joke, because he was a saboteur, and he brought grievous harm to the nation, with his hateful policies towards Westerners and his inane policy. Good riddens.

I spoke with my ex wife who used to work for central intelligence and is now in UK handling the higher aspects of brexit. Let me tell you big changes are coming, this is going to be huge folks. Big, big changes coming to this amazing country it's incredible. I'm not allowed to say everything, but I'll just say this.

Relaxed bridge rules for British retirees from Pattaya chief immigration officer. And this is just the beginning. Let's make Thailand great again!

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

Let me tell you big changes are coming, this is going to be huge folks. Big, big changes coming to this amazing country it's incredible. I'm not allowed to say everything

Democracy? ????

Amazing Thailand Indeed!

LLSS :wink:

I bet the new head of department will play a brand new game which he thinks what is the best for him. So meanwhile all the IO will come up with their own rules and regulations for the game. And the foreigners will be remain as the puppet of their games.End of the day, once the game is over, everyone will be back in the same box.

3A8E556E-26FA-4C5E-AA6A-067DD489F078.gif

I spoke with my ex wife who used to work for central intelligence and is now in UK handling the higher aspects of brexit. Let me tell you big changes are coming, this is going to be huge folks. Big, big changes coming to this amazing country it's incredible. I'm not allowed to say everything, but I'll just say this.

Relaxed bridge rules for British retirees from Pattaya chief immigration officer. And this is just the beginning. Let's make Thailand great again!
There are people that will read that and not realize you're taking the piss.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Will it be bigly?

1 hour ago, Jim7777 said:

Trust me they DO NOT want anyone to know but I don’t think it’s going to be a secret much longer eventually the whole story will probably come out probably in news outlets outside of Thailand if it has not already, and maybe in Thailand as well if he’s formally charged.  They’re keeping it pretty hush hush right now but last night I had the opportunity to learn a little bit about the story from a reliable US government source not much but enough to know that it’s pretty bad.  There are certain things they can’t discuss but I heard enough and if what little I heard is even half true it’s not good at all.  I can’t write the details of what I was told because of forum rules and because of defamation laws here.  You have to be careful what you say on here especially about government officials.  I spoke to a few other people on the forum in private via email and I’m not the only one who has heard the same thing.  But even what I was told isn’t 100% confirmed as far as I know anyway.  

Reading between the lines of your language alone - I would suggest your sources are not very close at all to the mark. I think you need to check and double check the people you speak with (seems like the standard Thai pub ''I am/was SAS/government'' story). 

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Your talking about the card game right?

Our office is the closest Law Firm to the Bangkok Criminal Court, Bangkok Civil Court, Court of Appeal, the Head Office of Courts of Justice, The Office of the Prosecutor General, Insurance. Committee of Thailand and the Export Committee of Thailand as we are located exactly opposite of Ratchada Criminal Court which is the main Criminal Court in Thailand.

The US Embassy in Bangkok is refusing to notarized the annual income of US citizen. The majority of US permanents US residents are Social Security recipients. The social Security Administration sent a letter on Social Security letter head, every recipient, in December of every year “Your new benefit amount” for the following year. It shows your gross retirement and your deductions, if you have any. It shows your retirement net, before taxes.

The US Embassy represent the Federal Government and as such as access to all US Social Security Account on line, on the Federal Government network, which is secured.

I cannot stomach an official government, so call, embassy that say, on their web site, that they cannot “verify”. This can of lie is not acceptable. An embassy purpose is to take care of the US Citizen, a side from the diplomatic relations, with the Thaï government, they refuse, there is a name for these kinds of people?

55 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Nothing has really changed but the amount of time in a Thai bank account and you are no longer allowed to lie or use a dodgy visa agency . Any questions ? Play by the rules or stop bitching and leave.

But what about those new guidelines/orders that were supposed to come out next month relating to requirements?  Wasn't big joke involved in that ?

7 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

You’re retired. Don’t face enough time on your hands to spare a few ours 4 times a year? 

Where does it say you have to visit Immigration to prove you still have the money in the Bank, is it a requirement of 90 Day Reporting now ?

What if you leave Thailand periodically and never need too do a 90 Day Report ?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is talking nonsense. Things will change. Maybe not right away, and maybe not totally. But, they will improve. They got rid of the biggest joke, because he was a saboteur, and he brought grievous harm to the nation, with his hateful policies towards Westerners and his inane policy. Good riddens.

Lol...BJ is the Assistant Prime Minister's right hand man (the Ass PM is a man you criticise constantly). A very special reason they got rid of Big Joke, and it naturally meant being put in a very difficult position that the Ass PM was forced to get rid of one of his best mates. Words like 'saboteur', 'harm to the nation' - where is that logic coming from when we look at who is moving these people? Have the army gone from being the most evil people in the world in your eyes to some form of moral police unit? Understanding, logic and most importantly timing gives weight to the most plausible reason that is going around the expat community at the moment from different sources (very few of any credibility). 

We must wait until May 9, but I wouldn't be betting money on things changing all that much. 

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Logic does not apply to anything over there.  One immigration official says one thing, others do another thing.  One person's policy varies from administration to administration, from coup to coup.

Can not but agree! "Big Joke" said he was going to make things easier for ex pats, and the very next week did the reverse!

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Democracy? ????

Amazing Thailand Indeed!

LLSS :wink:

i just want them to take my gold AMEX card at immigrations and get airline miles.  this would make me a happy camper.  i hate handling cash. so plebeian

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You can take it to the bank.  Immigration had nothing to do with the demise if BJ.

1 hour ago, Nyezhov said:

I'll start a topic in a day or so when I am out of the Potemkin country. Then you can argue with me about your fav venue ????

Sure, I look forward to it.

I certainly don't have the issues I read about here.

58 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Sure, I look forward to it.

I certainly don't have the issues I read about here.

Well I'm not a hansum elegant guy but I'm sure that they exist ????

Archived