German tourist savagely raped and murdered on Koh Si Chang - Thai man charged

webfact

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, impulse said:

Would that be before or after we find out if he was tortured until he confessed, possibly to a crime he didn't commit? 

It's amazing what people will cop to when you have a positive lead on the left nut and negative lead on the right one.

In a proper investigation ALL leads should be followed up.....

7 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

I am constantly amazed at how police are able to elicit a confession from 'suspects'.  Is there a secret interrogation method they use?

Confession and pleading guilty normally results in the final sentence being significantly reduced (halved, I think).

I suspect that for this reason some people confess and plead guilty even when they did not actually commit the crime at all.

The police like this system as it presumably results in higher conviction rates than might otherwise be obtained. It also requires less evidence and less work.

25 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

In a proper investigation ALL leads should be followed up.....

Sure, they always are, fully investigated by the world's superior investigative police force the RTP. 

(Unfortunately there isn't a sarcasm button on TVF) 

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

He approached her, she told him she wasn't interested, he lost face. There is only one way he could respond to that, being Thai. She had to die for daring to say no to him.

I dont think that had anything to do with it .

He is a violent rapist and you get those in every Country .

Do ALL Thais rape and murder females when they get refused ?

No, they dont , so, this is not a common Thai trait  

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I dont think that had anything to do with it .

He is a violent rapist and you get those in every Country .

Do ALL Thais rape and murder females when they get refused ?

No, they dont , so, this is not a common Thai trait  

I didn't write that they ALL do. But we know that is a strong possibility in Thailand. Making someone lose face often has deadly consequences. Not ALL of the time, just enough to make it a significant part of Thai culture.

28 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

They would have known he was potless. Look at the state of him.

When I swiftly first read that I thought pointless as opposed to potless...had to read it a second time. Haha, true both ways though.

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I didn't write that they ALL do. But we know that is a strong possibility in Thailand. Making someone lose face often has deadly consequences. Not ALL of the time, just enough to make it a significant part of Thai culture.

Happens in every Country though , if you belittle the wrong person in any Country , they will get annoyed

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Happens in every Country though , if you belittle the wrong person in any Country , they will get annoyed

Getting “annoyed” is one thing. 

Raping and butchering a person is clearly another. 

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

But not kill them or gather a bunch of friends to kick the 'offender' close to death, or go and collect his gun to 'even things up'. That most certainly doesn't happen in every country, as it does here on pretty much a daily basis. But I see that you are a Thai apologist so I'll leave it there.

9 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Its interesting that just because the police made a quick arrest some people immediately presume that this guy has been "persuaded" to confess. Yes, I'm well aware that forced confessions allegedly happen here, but maybe, just maybe this bloke is as guilty as hell. DNA testing should prove it one way or another.   

Especially with Thai Police DNA technology.

Archived