‘Big Joke’ goes to work with big smile, stays mum about transfer

webfact

7 minutes ago, damen said:

Sorry, he is now a civil servant. Under the Prime Minister's Office. Rank has been upgraded.

Lt. Gen. Surachate “Big Joke” Hakparn, once considered a future police commissioner prior to his sudden transfer last week, was now moved to a civilian position attached to the Prime Minister’s Office – a downgrade from his influential role in the force. The order, sent out via an internal police memo, also removed Surachate from all existing police duties.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

"If I tell you, I will never be seen again" , is probably nearer the truth ! ????

"I don’t feel it’s right for me to talk" 

That was never a problem before! Or being seen to talk for that matter!

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

I can, but your numbers seem way off. If 9 million Chinese spend 6 billion, that's less than 700 baht per head. I do think they spend quite a bit more, don't you? Maybe you meant to write 60 billion?

They aren't my numbers, it's a lift from TAT.

The last part came from Bloomberg.

3 hours ago, ravip said:

Sometimes... it is very difficult to fathom who has the "little willie syndrome" and the "loosing face" thing. The Thais OR the people who accuse the Thais. The latter seems to be more likely at the frequency these appear here at the TVF.

The former (i.e. Thais) do not post on TVF, so your argument is invalid.

However,  posters on here do not try to murder people because they have "lost face" - Thais do - frequently!!!

• Haha 1

The joke is on big joke he was set up with 6 accounts of wrong doing to get him out of immigration so the minions can get there lunch money again and pay for their for the new cars condos kids uni education. It doesn't come from their salary!! It's the magical brown paper bag. That gives them there lifestyle and BJ was cutting their grass as Thais do they set to work to bring him down . Job done. 

But I still believe he will be in Prayuts  carnival of clowns in the future just a gut feeling. Calm before the storm.??? 

6 hours ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Isn’t it funny - a country where so called “public servants” paid by our tax money play children’s games and don’t feel the need to inform the public - who has every right to know why thousands of people are moved to so called “inactive posts” - doing nothing - for political reasons while still leeching on our tax money!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

“inactive post” Covers a multitude of sins, and everyone is left to speculate why!

And if your speculation includes criticism of a particular person/people or their actions - watch out!  

Edited by sambum

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

// Chinese tourists are pumping in nearly 6 billion baht a year. 

// Chinese visitors () accounts for about 11 percent of Thailand’s $395 billion gross domestic product.

// Chinese tourism represents 1.5% of Thai GDP.

Uh??? For me your figures do not match at all :blink:

Where did you take them? A link?

Lots of news these days:

Thaksin stripped of royal decorations (few days after election).

Surachate is moved to inactive post.

Thaksin loses his paramilitary rank (Khaosod yesterday).

Thanathorn Jungrungreangkit from Future Forward finds out on April 26 if he is going to trial for sedition (coincidentally his troubles begin in the same time with Surachate).

Coronation 4-6 May

Election result 9 May

Timeline looks good.

PS: By the way, in reference to Thaksin, they all insist it's not political. ????

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, damen said:

They are prepare him for new positions in Government. Good luck farang. You need it! 

Yes, they’re promoting him by demoting him ‘pending an investigation’. Only in Thailand, huh? 

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, they’re promoting him by demoting him ‘pending an investigation’. Only in Thailand, huh? 

Actually there is no investigation. I don’t know who is spreading the rumours. 

The only facts which which they produce right now is switching to working directly with PM. 

Promote or demoting is depending on how you see it. Because election is already set. Results more or less will be the same. 

They have to to set up new government, what is better to put a all star Thai favourites to Parliment. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I think he was talking to Future Forward and got ratted on .......

Yeah it's a plausible scenario. Coincidentally it just happens in the middle of a political purge....

Just now, damen said:

The only facts which which they produce right now is switching to working directly with PM. 

Promote or demoting is depending on how you see it. Because election is already set. Results more or less will be the same. 

They have to to set up new government, what is better to put a all star Thai favourites to Parliment. 

Go onto the Bkk Post and read the headlines. When you’ve done that, sue the Bkk Post for fake news. Let us all know how you get on. 

Big Joke is gone. Build a bridge and get over it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

There is definitely more to the story.  The problem could be that he has gotten too big too fact.  OR the RTP has a new plan and they want him to run it but keep it low profile for now.

There is no way they can hide this from the people he is too well loved and too well liked.  The only thing that could derail him is sexual assault charges and they would have to be kept quiet until everything is decided the last thing the RTP needs is to screw with this guy.

I agree, but as well third possibility, he did do something wrong and they caught him.

They dont want him to go (military face) and gave him another job. He stuck out with his head too much and they cut it. The highest trees catches the most wind.

Yingluck had a plan which fell apart not in her favour. 

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It began with the millions in infrastructure money the Americans spent here, starting in the early 1960's. Without that, who knows if the Japanese would have had any interest in Thailand, as a manufacturing hub. One thing is for sure. They did not do it on their own. And to even consider the possibility that they can do it on their own at this point in time, and at this stage of the game, is to possess a degree of hubris that could be very damaging to the future of the nation.

Thailand needs tourism. But, they need tourists who spend money. The Chinese spend money worldwide. However, Thailand attracts very few big spending Chinese. They simply do not offer the level of service to attract them. Thailand attracts low spending Chinese, and the nation is suffering to a heavy degree due to that fact. Dunces like the biggest joke did a huge disservice to the nation, with his ultra nationalist agenda, and proclamations about foreigners being responsible for nearly every ailment that affected the nation. Thankfully, he was finally banished into oblivion, where he rightfully belongs. He was a tourism saboteur and an absolute fool.

I don't always agree with your posts, but I agree with this one!

In particular, the section about " foreigners being responsible for nearly every ailment that affected the nation." His making things as difficult as he could for ex pats at the same time as saying he was going to make it easier for them has shown the true colours of the man. How can you believe anything this man says after such a blatant disregard for the people who have lived here for years, and made a considerable financial contribution to the country, and in many cases  improved the lifestyles of many "breadline" Thais?

Although some might beg to differ, and consider tourism as "a drop in the ocean" compared to "Big Business", I am one of those who tends to look at the broader picture, and apart from the obvious money generated by tourism (hotels, bars etc) there are many other benefits that are not as obvious to "the naked eye". For instance, foreign businessmen here on holiday are not likely to invest (or encourage others to invest, or holiday) in a country that not only seems to merely tolerate their "guests", but openly show their contempt of the same. For example, when long stayers not only spend their money here all year, but have to deposit the equivalent of a year's income into a Thai bank for 6 months, and then leave half of it there "ad infinitum" - just one of the things we have to thank "BJ" (as Head of Immigration) for! 

And "Tourism Saboteur" I like!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

believed to be close to Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who oversees the police force.

Not sure if that is a good thing or not! And it may not work in his favor as both seem to be getting marginalized.

15 hours ago, sambum said:

I don't always agree with your posts, but I agree with this one!

In particular, the section about " foreigners being responsible for nearly every ailment that affected the nation." His making things as difficult as he could for ex pats at the same time as saying he was going to make it easier for them has shown the true colours of the man. How can you believe anything this man says after such a blatant disregard for the people who have lived here for years, and made a considerable financial contribution to the country, and in many cases  improved the lifestyles of many "breadline" Thais?

Although some might beg to differ, and consider tourism as "a drop in the ocean" compared to "Big Business", I am one of those who tends to look at the broader picture, and apart from the obvious money generated by tourism (hotels, bars etc) there are many other benefits that are not as obvious to "the naked eye". For instance, foreign businessmen here on holiday are not likely to invest (or encourage others to invest, or holiday) in a country that not only seems to merely tolerate their "guests", but openly show their contempt of the same. For example, when long stayers not only spend their money here all year, but have to deposit the equivalent of a year's income into a Thai bank for 6 months, and then leave half of it there "ad infinitum" - just one of the things we have to thank "BJ" (as Head of Immigration) for! 

And "Tourism Saboteur" I like!

All very good points, and all spot on and accurate observations. Thanks.

15 hours ago, damen said:

Who knew they sold Kool-Aid here?

According to the order, published in the Royal Gazette yesterday, Surachate is among state officials who have been moved to other jobs because they are undergoing investigation or have problems regarding personnel. The order said the NCPO saw it fit to add Surachate’s name to the list, but did not say why. 

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30367441

Not exactly an "All-Star" list.

• 2 weeks later...