Top cop gives helmets to Pattaya motorcyclists

Rimmer

Top cop gives helmets to Pattaya motorcyclists

image.png

PATTAYA:--A top Royal Thai Police official gave hard plastic helmets to Pattaya motorcyclists in an attempt to reduce injuries in road accidents.

Deputy national police chief Pol. Gen. Wirachai Songmetta opened an April 6 road-safety campaign at the Little Walk Pattaya Project emphasizing safe driving, no drunk driving and wearing helmets.

He presented 200 helmets equipped with cameras to police officers at the Pattaya, Banglamung and Najomtien stations, and 200 more helmets to the public that were donated by Sale International Thailand Co.

Wirachai said road accidents skyrocket during the Thai New Year people with 417 people killed in 3,724 accidents last year. The overwhelming majority of those involved motorcycles.

Deaths and injuries were caused by people not wearing helmets and driving while under the influence, he said.

Police were instructed to strictly enforce traffic laws.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-09--

• Haha 1

Sweet photo opp, meanwhile latter today they are slapping fines on every falang they can pullover at the usual checkpoints...Pattaya where if the thieving ladyboys don't  steal your money, the polices surely will...

• Like 1

That's 200 baht plastic helmets from Big C.  Will not protect you. A real helmet, western standard cost at least 3000 baht. 

So whats the point? Looking good in front of media? 

• Like 1

Anyone that’s a motorbike nowhere in the world without a helmet IS AN IDIOT.

Especially here in Thailand, approximately 60 people a day die in accidents and over 80% of that number are on motorbikes.

I rode for 47 years and had a few accidents but hadn’t had one in 35 yrs until Oct 26 2018 in Chiang Mai.

My helmet sustained a crack.......instead of my head.

Completely crushed my right shoulder, it will never be the same plus other less significant injuries.

At age 66 I saw it as my omen to hang up my helmet, when the bike was repaired I gave it to a family friend.

Did you ever see a Thai look to the right when entering a roadway from a Soi?

Neither have I.

• Like 1