Travel visa for my new girlfriend

Thanks Peter give me abit more confidence now

And if it rains or you fall out with the relatives?????
I have done my gf's visa four times, she has no job as I support her, we have a house here, no kids. Got Visa AND a Schengen no problem at all. Just tell them the truth.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last month we successfully applied for a UK visa - but I am permanently in Thailand and we live together.  I started the preps last August, all designed to proove our relationships.  List of docs we sent to accompany the application:

Invitation Letter (addressed to Consul) from my parents for her to visit

Personal letter (addressed to her) from my parents saying looking forward to meeting her etc

Sponsor letter (to consul) from me setting out finances, personal status, our relationship.  Four pages!!

UK Bank Account Statements showing funds

UK Pension letter showing income

My Thai Bank Account Statement

Her Thai Bank account (In letter - I top up as required for her personal needs)

Our joint Thai account (In letter - explain this for rent, elec, water, food etc )

Our Condo Lease (joint names)

My passport details

My GF does not work (as i explained, this is traditional - I provide for us financially, she does the majority of the housework, shopping, cleaning, cooking).  I will be coming back here, as, as my partner, so will she!

The major sticking point for you will, I suspect, be that you do not live together in Thailand.  Quite how you show strong enough

"reason" for her to leave the UK at the end of her holiday may be problematic.

PH

Thanks I'm getting a bit further now I also have a house in hua hin paid for and in my Thai daughters name not the ex , will this help ?

Last month we successfully applied for a UK visa - but I am permanently in Thailand and we live together.  I started the preps last August, all designed to proove our relationships.  List of docs we sent to accompany the application:

Invitation Letter (addressed to Consul) from my parents for her to visit
Personal letter (addressed to her) from my parents saying looking forward to meeting her etc
Sponsor letter (to consul) from me setting out finances, personal status, our relationship.  Four pages!!
UK Bank Account Statements showing funds
UK Pension letter showing income
My Thai Bank Account Statement
Her Thai Bank account (In letter - I top up as required for her personal needs)
Our joint Thai account (In letter - explain this for rent, elec, water, food etc )
Our Condo Lease (joint names)
My passport details

My GF does not work (as i explained, this is traditional - I provide for us financially, she does the majority of the housework, shopping, cleaning, cooking).  I will be coming back here, as, as my partner, so will she!

The major sticking point for you will, I suspect, be that you do not live together in Thailand.  Quite how you show strong enough
"reason" for her to leave the UK at the end of her holiday may be problematic.

PH

"so now what's the best way to get the new one here for a holiday"

Find her a good income, an established family and any other commitments showing strong reasons to return to her home country.

Were you ever able to get your "Thai wife" over to the UK ?

Yes she has got a uk passport now she's been here for 10 years and I here it's hard now to get them here , it's not about money as I have my own business for 20 years

"so now what's the best way to get the new one here for a holiday"

Find her a good income, an established family and any other commitments showing strong reasons to return to her home country.

Were you ever able to get your "Thai wife" over to the UK ?

Lolololol another Buffaro being led down the primrose path to ruin.

FULL STOP.........don’t waster your time and money.

She will hate it there, it’s too cold, she will be very sad without her friends and family, she will miss her food.......that faux Thai crap in U K will be a big nothing to her.

Why do u want to take her there?

Ohhhhh just to show off your new GF that’s less than 1/2 your age?

Yup, that’s what I thought.

If you are smart.......you will LISTEN......YOU are on the road to ruin.

If you aren’t too smart, you will pursue getting her a Visa for U K and if u do that..........when your lights finally come on, remember the nice guy on T V that tried to warn you it would happen

14 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

As previous posters already pointed out, preparing the paperwork needed for the application is not so difficult so there is little need for a Visa Agency.  An agency will merely tell you what is needed and you have to provide it to them instead of directly to the Visa office.  The difficult part will be demonstrating that your girlfriend has good reasons for coming back (e.g. small children / a job / a house / financial means in Thailand).  What could be helpful is that together with your 'invitation letter' you provide a detailed day-to-day schedule of what you are going to do in UK, e.g. visiting relatives, tourist attractions, etc.

In case you  are interested, I can provide you with a copy of the application I made for my girlfriend, which was approved without any problems.

Good luck!    

agree, all my thai friend have prepared their own tourist visa applications, it's not difficult, and 100% have been successful.

15 hours ago, theoldgit said:

When my wife was my girlfriend she didn’t work, had no land or property and I was still married to another lass, she applied for two six month visas and a two year visa, all three were granted. She now has a five year visa, and still doesn’t work.
I’m surprised the “agents” you spoke to gave that advice.

When was the first visa applied for ? as it feels it was some time ago and it may be that you were able to build a track record for your lady that showed she was not a risk of failing to return to Thailand . I know we have had similar correspondence on the subject before and I will say again , you cannot generalise as it is down to the interpretation of the CEO . Ideal scenario , my lady's cousin has a long term banking job , own house . Never has a UK or USA visa problem . My lady has own house , restaurant , supports her mother and owns land but her bank accounts are not too active as she deals with cash most of the time . Result for UK visa , refusal because CEO not convinced she would return to Thailand . Have also heard of UK tourist visas being issued to the Thai girlfriends of 3 months or so who have zero assets or bank accounts .     I am told that using an agent on a standard application fee does not improve your chances too much but does present your application in the right way .  

15 hours ago, theoldgit said:

40 minutes ago, superal said:

When was the first visa applied for ? as it feels it was some time ago and it may be that you were able to build a track record for your lady that showed she was not a risk of failing to return to Thailand. 

Yes, her first visa was almost ten years ago, we'd been living together in Bangkok for nine months, in my supporting letter I argued that we were in a subsisting relationship and that on the balance of probablities she was likely to return, I did mention that I was still married to someone else.
As I say that application was successful as were her three subsequent applications of increasing lengths along with her Schengen and UAE visa applications, I will say that we took as much care with her application for her five year visa as we did with her initial application, we took nothing for granted.
The difference between many of us currently residing in Thailand and the op, is that we can be used as evidence as part of the reasons return as we can evidence a subsisting relationship here, the OP, and others in his position, is sending funds to Thailand to support his girlfriend and as a result she doesn't feel the need to work, an ECO could be forgiven for thinking that she could possibly be better off in the UK with the source of her funding, they probably wouldn't take into account that by circumnavigating the settlement route, she would be living under the radar and would eventually be caught out, they sometimes assume the worst.   

On 4/9/2019 at 8:12 PM, elviajero said:

If you have no experience of applying for UK visas it’s probably best that you use a visa agent in Thailand.

It’s not easy.

I've done successful fiancée and tourist visa applications without any problems and without using agents. Whilst the former may have been time consuming I didn't find anything about the process at all difficult, it just needed a methodical approach and a little patience.

It is nearly impossible to get a travel visa for a Thai woman to visit the US. Not sure about the UK but I assume it is just as hard. The only option you have is a student visa (only one in 200 applications are granted visas) and a fiance visa (in the US). Back when I was able to actually get through to a human being, I was told by both the embassy in Bangkok, and the State department in Washington, that tourist visas are only granted to wealthy Thais. You need at least 20,000,000 baht in the bank to get one. It also helps if she has land, homes, and businesses in her name. For the average Thai woman, impossible. Also, the younger and prettier she is, the harder they make the process. I tried and tried. Once we were married, I got a ten year, multiple entry into the US, on the first try. I was advised that my wife should bring my original passport to her appointment. That is all they looked at. That is all they wanted to see. 

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

It is nearly impossible to get a travel visa for a Thai woman to visit the US. Not sure about the UK but I assume it is just as hard. The only option you have is a student visa (only one in 200 applications are granted visas) and a fiance visa (in the US). Back when I was able to actually get through to a human being, I was told by both the embassy in Bangkok, and the State department in Washington, that tourist visas are only granted to wealthy Thais. You need at least 20,000,000 baht in the bank to get one. It also helps if she has land, homes, and businesses in her name. For the average Thai woman, impossible. Also, the younger and prettier she is, the harder they make the process. I tried and tried. Once we were married, I got a ten year, multiple entry into the US, on the first try. I was advised that my wife should bring my original passport to her appointment. That is all they looked at. That is all they wanted to see. 

Thai ppl with REAL professional jobs and proof of such are granted tourist visa from the US Embassy - bar girls, low end shop workers and street hawkers have a much harder time, I agree.

Are you insinuating my girlfriend is a bar girl or street hawker , ? :(

Thai ppl with REAL professional jobs and proof of such are granted tourist visa from the US Embassy - bar girls, low end shop workers and street hawkers have a much harder time, I agree.

Good luck. I was in a similar position to you last year and was able to secure a 2 month visa for my girlfriend to the UK. She did not have a regular job at the time and was mostly supported by me, together with occasional income from work in her family business.

The difficult part is always showing reasons to return, but if you think about it there are often a few, for example:

- Can you get her name on the chanote for her parents house/ farm for example - this could count as evidence of property.

- You say you sent 30000 baht in 10 months, while this provide evidence of a relationship, it will not be enough to live on so she must have some other income stream - can this constitute a business.

you can always bulk it out with:

- we are considering marriage in the future and would not risk jeopardising future applications

- xxx is the main caretaker for her son/daughter/niece who attends xxx school (letter from school

which don't carry much weight in themselves but may help convince an ECO if they are trying to make a somewhat subjective/ balance of probabilities decision.

Unless the application is easy (i.e. professional job + owning property) I would strongly consider a good visa agent as they will have more experience on which things could possibly help the decision. They may seem expensive but are actually quite a small cost in the grand scheme of things.

As a side note, I think getting a visa for a bargirl would be very possible. Just get her to deposit some cash at the end of each month and a letter from the bar owner saying xxx has worked here for xxx years as a bartender/ waitress/ cashier and her holiday is authorised, she has a job to return to etc. Together with a rental contract for her accommodation and she would have a decent chance. I think doing this would be better than lying.

I have in the last week rented her a condo in bkk , and started to send her 5000 a week she has opened a new bank account to , I know that she is going to go to collage to be a chef , I have done my homework on her and am not a bad judge of character , she is not a money grabber and has not asked me for a penny , she worked in a clothes store in bkk for 7 years but had to return home as her mom was sick I know this is all true as I have known her parents for many years about 8 years , I have been careful as have heard all the bull..... Of my ex wife for 10 years , the worse mistake was my fault buying her a massage shop here in the uk and putting it in her name , luckly the house in hua hin isn't in her name it's in my daughter who has dual nationality , if it does go pair shaped with her then I have nothing to lose only the few quid I've spent the last week , not the end of the world for me , but hopefully she wants what she says in the end , also she has know. My two children since they have been born they can also write a letter with the application for her to come , I'm going to see her early June so will try and see what I can sort out , we are both the same age , and I will try to help her in the future so fingers crossed will be ok in the end if I have to marrie her I will no skin of my nose , if this will help get her here , I want her to come for a holiday first as she may well not like the UK , if not I will just go and see her when I can , thanks for all the help it's very much appreciated ,

Good luck. I was in a similar position to you last year and was able to secure a 2 month visa for my girlfriend to the UK. She did not have a regular job at the time and was mostly supported by me, together with occasional income from work in her family business.

The difficult part is always showing reasons to return, but if you think about it there are often a few, for example:

- Can you get her name on the chanote for her parents house/ farm for example - this could count as evidence of property.
- You say you sent 30000 baht in 10 months, while this provide evidence of a relationship, it will not be enough to live on so she must have some other income stream - can this constitute a business.

you can always bulk it out with:
- we are considering marriage in the future and would not risk jeopardising future applications
- xxx is the main caretaker for her son/daughter/niece who attends xxx school (letter from school
which don't carry much weight in themselves but may help convince an ECO if they are trying to make a somewhat subjective/ balance of probabilities decision.

Unless the application is easy (i.e. professional job + owning property) I would strongly consider a good visa agent as they will have more experience on which things could possibly help the decision. They may seem expensive but are actually quite a small cost in the grand scheme of things.

As a side note, I think getting a visa for a bargirl would be very possible. Just get her to deposit some cash at the end of each month and a letter from the bar owner saying xxx has worked here for xxx years as a bartender/ waitress/ cashier and her holiday is authorised, she has a job to return to etc. Together with a rental contract for her accommodation and she would have a decent chance. I think doing this would be better than lying.

It does have if the gentleman girlfriend has a well established foundation in Thailand.  Such as good paying job. home in her name or business.  

I helped a Thai lady get a 10 year multiple entry to visit me in the US.  We were not in an ongoing romantic relationship and won't be.  Her credential are as such:  Head of English Department at the where she teaches, has own house and tutor student in various subject, has car and land. 

The lady asked me to send here an invitation letter and gave me an example of a letter someone else made her aware of.  I used that letter as an example and added things that I thought was important, declaring that I would be totally for any expense of while she stayed in the .  I said that I would make sure that she returns to Thailand and the US government would not have to be concerned and bout incurring any expense due to her stay here.  Yes, I am from the US.  The person had a return flight ticket back to Thailand before meeting with American Consulate.  The whole process was a breeze but I am sure things a not so easy now.

The person that I helped get the visa, has travelled to the  several times since the initially acquiring visa.

Seems that The gentleman might want to try to get a Fiance Visa, even though he does not have intention of marriage.  I understand that Fiance Visa is not so easy these days either.

God bless you.

1 hour ago, pottsforrags said:

I have in the last week rented her a condo in bkk , and started to send her 5000 a week she has opened a new bank account to , I know that she is going to go to collage to be a chef , I have done my homework on her and am not a bad judge of character , she is not a money grabber and has not asked me for a penny , she worked in a clothes store in bkk for 7 years but had to return home as her mom was sick I know this is all true as I have known her parents for many years about 8 years , I have been careful as have heard all the bull..... Of my ex wife for 10 years , the worse mistake was my fault buying her a massage shop here in the uk and putting it in her name , luckly the house in hua hin isn't in her name it's in my daughter who has dual nationality , if it does go pair shaped with her then I have nothing to lose only the few quid I've spent the last week , not the end of the world for me , but hopefully she wants what she says in the end , also she has know. My two children since they have been born they can also write a letter with the application for her to come , I'm going to see her early June so will try and see what I can sort out , we are both the same age , and I will try to help her in the future so fingers crossed will be ok in the end if I have to marrie her I will no skin of my nose , if this will help get her here , I want her to come for a holiday first as she may well not like the UK , if not I will just go and see her when I can , thanks for all the help it's very much appreciated ,

Perhaps wait until she has attended the college for a while, at least 6 months, and get a letter confirming her attendance and what time is left on the course.  Maybe she can do a longer course for the sake of the visa.

If you're making a 20k baht a month investment in her and considering marrying her then perhaps a small plot of land with Chanote title might help her.  Make sure you keep a record of your contact with each other too to show the genuine relationship part.

It's not easy though, I did one for an ex and got rejected.  She worked cash in hand in a coffee shop but only put about 2-3k baht a month into the bank to give her Mum.  The letter was a double sided rejection with about 6 bullet points mostly relating to her lack of funds ( I was sponsoring and showed I had the funds, but the last point was not sufficient proof of genuine sponsor despite lots of call records, holidays together etc)  

Take your time and make it as rock solid as possible and don't get tempted to lie as they aren't daft and if she does turn out to be the one you don't want to ruin the fiance visa or whatever you go for down the line

Don't really like to comment on these things as "upto you" but 20k a month allowance and an apartment is a lot of money for a girl from Isaan.  I know an educated girl who makes less than that in an office job in BKK.  They're all great until well, they're not!

Lolololol another Buffaro being led down the primrose path to ruin.

FULL STOP.........don’t waster your time and money.

She will hate it there, it’s too cold, she will be very sad without her friends and family, she will miss her food.......that faux Thai crap in U K will be a big nothing to her.

Why do u want to take her there?
Ohhhhh just to show off your new GF that’s less than 1/2 your age?

Yup, that’s what I thought.

If you are smart.......you will LISTEN......YOU are on the road to ruin.
If you aren’t too smart, you will pursue getting her a Visa for U K and if u do that..........when your lights finally come on, remember the nice guy on T V that tried to warn you it would happen
Open another bottle.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived