A mysterious fall from grace - The rise and fall of 'Big Joke' Surachate Hakparn

webfact

3 minutes ago, dcnx said:

He’s moved to a civilian post so that he can be promoted to a much higher ranking government level. 

If you thought he was tough at immigration, wait until he’s running things.

I doubt that any future PM (or army chief in the background) would want that sort of competition.

• Like 2

Some more speculation ????

Regardless of what Abhisit said about the junta just before the election, when he resigned he said he wished his party to join a coalition (saw the writing on the wall his party would never win with the introduction of Future Forward). Now that coalition isn't about to be with Pheu Thai or Future Forward is it? What happens when parties are trying to form coalitions, demands need to be met. 

In terms of speculation the logic is there, but more importantly the timing is there. The parties are having their coalition talks at the moment aren't they? The speculation on TV about the past catching up with BJ is relevant (for those who know the specific case that would affect both Democrats and Bhumjaithai not wanting him), however that incident naturally only became relevant due to the events of the last month. Otherwise this whole transfer wouldn't have happened - seeing as he is Prawits best mate. 

12 minutes ago, toenail said:

I talked to a young Thai policeman 12 years ago that was stationed in Pattaya. (He was a cousin of one on my Thai buddies I got to know at work.) The 26 year old spoke basic English and was full of enthusiasm, but.... After we reached our comfort zone in conversations, I asked him about the corruption with “some” of the police. His face turned grim & he said that when you try to be a honest policeman, it makes the older ones uncomfortable. You do not report dishonesty or corruption or you will be treated like shit and never get promoted. It was an interesting but sad conversation seeing this young Thai policeman seeing “reality” in his profession. 

Surely, you're not saying that Big Joke is a modern day Serpico?

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

He’s moved to a civilian post so that he can be promoted to a much higher ranking government level. 

If you thought he was tough at immigration, wait until he’s running things.

I don't think so. He is not the squeaky clean person that he promotes himself to be.