EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

The amount of E.u corruption is mind boggling. And those whistleblowers who attempt to expose it are soon moved on.

considering the size of the EU i doubt it is mind boggling,africa,asia,USA,russia and cental asia,and south and central america/caribbean will all be far worse,doesnt leave much else tbf, australia and canada and thats the globe covered,i think your paranoia has the better of you

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, bomber said:

considering the size of the EU i doubt it is mind boggling,africa,asia,USA,russia and cental asia,and south and central america/caribbean will all be far worse,doesnt leave much else tbf, australia and canada and thats the globe covered,i think your paranoia has the better of you

I think you need to do some homework, on the corruption in the E.u.

It’s all out there on the internet, with interviews with prominent E.u officials, who turned to be whistleblowers.

my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong but its life,you brexit lovers need to make up
I quite agree that corruption is still rife in the UK..remember I knew fairly well the workings of Glasgow city council..however when UK taxpayers money is sent to the eu and then dodgy dealings happen to UK taxpayers money by foreigners ...different story as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, bomber said:

You compare the EU to continents but never mind. Because they do it it's OK for the EU to do the same as well as take membership fees and taxes. I see.

11 hours ago, bomber said:

my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong but its life,you brexit lovers need to make up

"my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong"

Agree entirely.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

"my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong"

Agree entirely.

And what has this to do with the EU precisely ?

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

I quite agree that corruption is still rife in the UK..remember I knew fairly well the workings of Glasgow city council..however when UK taxpayers money is sent to the eu and then dodgy dealings happen to UK taxpayers money by foreigners ...different story as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

so it only becomes a big issue when EU fiddlers are involved,typical reply,i doubt EU corruption is any worse than UK corruption,majority of it will be expenses which is no big deal,be lucky if it costs a few pennies a year for every UK citizen. 

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

You compare the EU to continents but never mind. Because they do it it's OK for the EU to do the same as well as take membership fees and taxes. I see.

the EU is as good as a continent and comprises the vast majority of europe,do you really expect to be in the club and NOT pay a membership fee,come on wake up man,as for taxes the UK sets her own if you hadnt noticed,many of which are higher than other EU nations.

8 minutes ago, bomber said:

so it only becomes a big issue when EU fiddlers are involved,typical reply,i doubt EU corruption is any worse than UK corruption,majority of it will be expenses which is no big deal,be lucky if it costs a few pennies a year for every UK citizen. 

or fiddled by some of the lying spivs that inhabit there 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42669293

Incidentally it's good business fighting the elites...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/10/nigel-farage-seventh-on-list-of-meps-outside-earnings

8 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

or fiddled by some of the lying spivs that inhabit there 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42669293

Incidentally it's good business fighting the elites...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/10/nigel-farage-seventh-on-list-of-meps-outside-earnings

ha ha no shock reading that,to go with moggers and bojo and dyson,i dont think there is a genuine big name who backs brexit for the love of it,???? oh wait i forgot there is Tommy how could i forget.

31 minutes ago, bomber said:

the EU is as good as a continent and comprises the vast majority of europe,do you really expect to be in the club and NOT pay a membership fee,come on wake up man,as for taxes the UK sets her own if you hadnt noticed,many of which are higher than other EU nations.

The point was corruption. We don't need two tiers of that plus taxes too. Wake up man!

29 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

At least Nigel is paying his questionable dues but you didn't mention...……...

"There is a vindictive campaign by the European Parliament of selective persecution of Eurosceptic MEPs, parties and groups," said the spokesman for the European Freedom and Direct Democracy group."

Of course its even better business if you don't want to pay your dues, you create an umbrella, under which, you are given a blank cheque and don't have to explain/justify  annual expenses of 50000 euros.

"A decision by members of the European Parliament to reject even modest scrutiny of their expenses — worth over €50,000 a year — caused outrage among some of their colleagues in the assembly...……….. 

The expense payments of €4,416 per month are given to MEPs as a lump sum in addition to their regular pre-tax monthly salary of €8,611."

It's not bad is it, tax free payments of half your salary with no need for explanation.

https://www.politico.eu/article/parliaments-rejection-of-expense-scrutiny-sparks-outrage/

37 minutes ago, aright said:

"There is a vindictive campaign by the European Parliament of selective persecution of Eurosceptic MEPs, parties and groups," said the spokesman for the European Freedom and Direct Democracy group."

Of course its even better business if you don't want to pay your dues, you create an umbrella, under which, you are given a blank cheque and don't have to explain/justify  annual expenses of 50000 euros.

"A decision by members of the European Parliament to reject even modest scrutiny of their expenses — worth over €50,000 a year — caused outrage among some of their colleagues in the assembly...……….. 

The expense payments of €4,416 per month are given to MEPs as a lump sum in addition to their regular pre-tax monthly salary of €8,611."

It's not bad is it, tax free payments of half your salary with no need for explanation.

https://www.politico.eu/article/parliaments-rejection-of-expense-scrutiny-sparks-outrage/

More claims of EU bullying...as for expenses do you really think the MEPs are going to vote to give themselves a pay cut,50k euro's is less than half what bojo charges for an after dinner speach.

42 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The point was corruption. We don't need two tiers of that plus taxes too. Wake up man!

Taxes are not an EU issue,every nation sets there own,you see the EU are not our masters,its all in your head and its made you paranoid.

ha ha no shock reading that,to go with moggers and bojo and dyson,i dont think there is a genuine big name who backs brexit for the love of it,[emoji50] oh wait i forgot there is Tommy how could i forget.

Who are the big names who convinced you for Remain? Bob Geldof, Lilly Allen, Jude Law, Kiera Knightly, Benedict Cumberbatch?
The other week REMAINER luvvies including Hugh Grant, David Mitchell and Brian Cox have led a desperate last-ditch charge to stop Brexit WITHOUT another referendum
Possibly your big names come from the soaps and reality shows?

Just now, Loiner said:

Who are the big names who convinced you for Remain? Bob Geldof, Lilly Allen, Jude Law, Kiera Knightly, Benedict Cumberbatch?
The other week REMAINER luvvies including Hugh Grant, David Mitchell and Brian Cox have led a desperate last-ditch charge to stop Brexit WITHOUT another referendum
Possibly your big names come from the soaps and reality shows?

I didnt vote,wasnt really bothered eitherway but saw what a waste of time it was wihin months of the result,all the lies and BS etc as well as the economical damage it will bring,its so clear it wont make anyone better off,it was a pipe dream for that was never going to happen in that format,well planned with the right people at the right time it could be,but not with people in for themselves which has been proved there was,why do you think farage has formed a party

1 hour ago, aright said:

That is probably why Farage who hates E.U. is so happy here and find enjoyment even in it ...

1_G4bJKrmJmofXwUOgdvpRPA[1].gif

12 minutes ago, bomber said:

I didnt vote,wasnt really bothered eitherway but saw what a waste of time it was wihin months of the result,all the lies and BS etc as well as the economical damage it will bring,its so clear it wont make anyone better off,it was a pipe dream for that was never going to happen in that format,well planned with the right people at the right time it could be,but not with people in for themselves which has been proved there was,why do you think farage has formed a party

If you don’t vote, you lose the right to voice your disdain for politics because you’ve essentially become the architect of your own disillusionment. As George Bernard Shaw said: "Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than what we deserve". Those people who fail to vote deserve everything that another flimsy coalition with its bonfire of burning manifestos promises to bring.

14 minutes ago, david555 said:

That is probably why Farage who hates E.U. is so happy here and find enjoyment even in it ...

1_G4bJKrmJmofXwUOgdvpRPA[1].gif

I don't think you understand Nigel Farage

"In 2003 documentary "The Real Face of the European Union", former Ukip leader Nigel Farage attacked the bloc for its "fraudulent system", its corruption and MEPs' travel expenses. Mr Farage said: "This place is thick with institutional corruption. "You can now buy a cheap airline ticket to come to Strasbourg for about £45 return. "When you get here, you are reimbursed nearly £800 for the cost of that flight. "Now, this has been going on for the last 20 years and, of course, what has happened that MEPs haven’t been talking about it? "The system is fraudulent. It is rotten to the core." In the same documentary, political activist Norris McWhirter also hit out at the EU, claiming that "accounts haven't been signed off for the last eight years". In September 2018, an EU court rejected calls for greater transparency about MEPs’ expenses and upheld the decision that politicians are not required to reveal how they spend public money. "

29 minutes ago, aright said:

If you don’t vote, you lose the right to voice your disdain for politics because you’ve essentially become the architect of your own disillusionment. As George Bernard Shaw said: "Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than what we deserve". Those people who fail to vote deserve everything that another flimsy coalition with its bonfire of burning manifestos promises to bring.

Spare a thought for those disenfranchised after 15 years abroad and/or who's ballots were deliberately not sent to addresses outside the UK/EU.

(Moves are afoot to abolish but will be painfully slow!).

5 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Spare a thought for those disenfranchised after 15 years abroad and/or who's ballots were deliberately not sent to addresses outside the UK/EU.

(The pillock to whom you replied wasn't among them!).

As an aside and off topic (as I know it is of interest to many of you) Sir Peter Bottomley raised the question of the inconsistencies in rules governing British expat frozen pensions in the House last week, got some support and is looking for a Commons debate.

https://www.sirpeterbottomley.com/frozen-pensions

12 minutes ago, evadgib said:

(The pillock to whom you replied wasn't among them!).

Spare a thought that all of those who did not vote before …. comes to vote next referendum ….. scary isn't …..second thought …. a just reversed outcome same % opposte way as before  wouldn't solve anything also ….:unsure: Hopeless divided ...

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

Spare a thought that all of those who did not vote before …. comes to vote next referendum ….. scary isn't …..second thought …. a just reversed outcome same % opposte way as before  wouldn't solve anything also ….:unsure: Hopeless divided ...

Here's whats coming:

39 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Here's whats coming:

No worry's in the fine print from the extension the " castration clause of no power to vote or deciding " is  built in as you are temporary member until ...xx xx …..,but of course T.M. keep that in U.K. classified file....(for later if pressed to expose it ….as before with Cox attorney...) ????

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Tusk has already stated this isn't possible.

You believe Tusk ….? ????...elections bring in another President one ….oh I forgot ….you all think they are not elected ones …..:cheesy:.... Tusk is trying to "sweetening" the Brexit in hopes for …., the others as Juncker , Verhofstadt and that other Junckers assistant "Herr Selmayer..", that last one is the "tactics mastering one  " from the bunch ….:tongue:Those follow a harder line lately. 

Anyway don't let me spoil your dreams …..just remember my words at the later happenings ..

Archived