EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

must admit I lost a lot of my interest in Brexit the week before the 29th

I found the discussions in these threads rather low

same same the discussion in Gov and in HoC, maybe even worse

not to speak about UK msm

Anyway, May got her long extension, into October

What were her main arguments to the Commons and the "BBC" and EU for this?

What will it "officially" be used for? All that time?

(could have understood GE and possibly another referendum, but that is hardly on the agenda)

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, melvinmelvin said:

(could have understood GE and possibly another referendum, but that is hardly on the agenda)

You are not the only one who loose interest....maybe that is the hidden purpose of it all....?

sir-desmond-swayne-.jpg

34 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

if the hinges break, what will happen then?

the white guy falling into Brexit

or the white guy being crushed to the floor by the door on the left side of the frame

In life, success hinges on what 5% of other people do for you and 95% on what you do for yourself, hence Brexit

8 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

I believe what will ultimately happen is that there will be no ultimately. Extensions will just go on and on and eventually extensions will become one of those quaint traditions that no one can quite recall how it began but will be cherished for its ancientness.

11 hours ago, david555 said:

You are not the only one who loose interest....maybe that is the hidden purpose of it all....?

sir-desmond-swayne-.jpg

Sir Desmond Swayne apologized for that in an amusing exchange in the house but I haven't been able to find it online.

HTH

(He was only 'out' for a few seconds!)

13 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Sir Desmond Swayne apologized for that in an amusing exchange in the house but I haven't been able to find it online.

HTH

sure ...:whistling:

Have another one , you brexiteers are exhausting the overworked politicians …

BTW I stop now ,as there are too much online ….:wink:

sleep 2.jpg

.even Farage the latest days looks awful tired :shock1: 

untitled.png

55 minutes ago, david555 said:

sure ...:whistling:

Have another one , you brexiteers are exhausting the overworked politicians …

BTW I stop now ,as there are too much online ….:wink:

.even Farage the latest days looks awful tired :shock1: 

His apology and the ribbing they gave him was amusing which is why I posted, but as you're calling me out for the actual offence here it is:

(Granted 37 secs is a little longer than he admitted to lol)

BTW: Alec Shelbrooke wasn't asleep; he's partially DEAF and listening to a speaker embedded into the bench:

Found it, albeit via RT:

19 hours ago, david555 said:

Sorry....., potatoes and old Baily was to find an understand … but Colluden was for  google and others a mystery ...must be very...  very...  local lingo.... so shall stay for me a mystery …. :wink: 

Not surprised you couldn't find it, it is spelt Culloden, and it was the battle (Near Inverness) where the the Scottish Highlanders were defeated by the English in 1746. It marked the end of the old Highland way of life, but was not itself a cause of emigration as the poster mistakenly appeared to suggest. The Clearances, exacerbated by the potato famine (Both Scotland and Ireland), caused most Emigration (Roughly 1750 to 1860). Earlier forced emigration was of convicts who would often be convicted at the court called The Old Bailey - you could be shipped off to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread. Other factors not mentioned were escaping religious persecution, and adventurers of all sorts. People should be careful about suggesting any persons family's reasons for leaving the UK, unless they know. It is easy to be rude.

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Not surprised you couldn't find it, it is spelt Culloden, and it was the battle (Near Inverness) where the the Scottish Highlanders were defeated by the English in 1746. It marked the end of the old Highland way of life, but was not itself a cause of emigration as the poster mistakenly appeared to suggest. The Clearances, exacerbated by the potato famine (Both Scotland and Ireland), caused most Emigration (Roughly 1750 to 1860). Earlier forced emigration was of convicts who would often be convicted at the court called The Old Bailey - you could be shipped off to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread. Other factors not mentioned were escaping religious persecution, and adventurers of all sorts. People should be careful about suggesting any persons family's reasons for leaving the UK, unless they know. It is easy to be rude.

My home town sits halfway between London and Portsmouth and was a staging post to rest & change the horses. The fireplace in the coach house is adorned with memorabilia of the era, inc one that explains that a boy of 9 passed through on route to Tasmania as a convict. His crime? "Skating on a Gentlemen's pond on a Sunday!"

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:

My home town sits halfway between London and Portsmouth and was a staging post to rest & change the horses. The fireplace in the coach house is adorned with memorabilia of the era, inc one that explains that a boy of 9 passed through on route to Tasmania as a convict. His crime? "Skating on a Gentlemen's pond on a Sunday!"

Don't tell me it was on an ancestor's pond of J.R.M....? :shock1::cheesy: ….. sorry , just joking , (I couldn't resist it :wink: )

26 minutes ago, evadgib said:

And do not forget, and this is still on the statute books, that it is illegal for someone under 16 to sell an anchor in Birkenhead on a Sunday. To do so was considered as intolerable as skating on the gentleman's pond but punishment was not as harsh,  restricted to no more that 20 lashes and 6 months in prison. A trip to Oz probably turned out for the better.

But back to the subject matter and I find it amassing that as someone who voted and promotes leave , namely  Chris Tarrant, he spends most of his summer holidays living in France.

6 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And do not forget, and this is still on the statute books, that it is illegal for someone under 16 to sell an anchor in Birkenhead on a Sunday. To do so was considered as intolerable as skating on the gentleman's pond but punishment was not as harsh,  restricted to no more that 20 lashes and 6 months in prison. A trip to Oz probably turned out for the better.

But back to the subject matter and I find it amassing that as someone who voted and promotes leave , namely  Chris Tarrant, he spends most of his summer holidays living in France.

Tarrant was a remainer & only saw the light when he realized what his fellow remainers were doing to democracy. Piers Morgan did same.

HTH

(Disclaimer: i haven't bothered checking prior to posting but AFAIR that is what I read 2 days ago!)

3 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Tarrant was a remainer & only saw the light when he realized what his fellow remainers were doing to democracy. Piers Morgan did same.

HTH

(Disclaimer: i haven't bothered checking prior to posting but AFAIR that is what I read 2 days ago!)

He voted to remain , this is true, but is now an ardent Brexiteer.. But he still spends much of his time in France

In Theresa May’s world, there is no appetite for a Final Say referendum in this country, or for democracy of any kind really.

The “British people” just want her to get the Brexit job done so she can sail off into the sunset and claim her place in history. A few bricks through recalcitrant MPs’ windows and we’ll be there. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/nigel-farage-european-elections-tactical-voting-brexit-party-final-say-a8868286.html

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

He voted to remain , this is true, but is now an ardent Brexiteer.. But he still spends much of his time in France

To be fair I spend a lot of time in Spain - and Greece.  I am an ardent Brexiteer, but I am not anti-Europe.

My gripe is not with Europe but with the EU.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, Becker said:

So the answer is no then. Good to know the bleating will stop!

So the answer is - obviously not the same as what you're weakly trying to assert. But you either don't understand the difference or are willfully choosing to ignore it - either way, very poor form. And no, there'll be plenty more 'bleating', get used to it. Until democracy is restored and the people's will implemented, we have a right to debate and contest the current sh*t-show, whether you like it or not. 

20 hours ago, Jip99 said:

To be fair I spend a lot of time in Spain - and Greece.  I am an ardent Brexiteer, but I am not anti-Europe.

Same here.

It is astounding, and very sad, just how many people can not differentiate between the two or like to wilfully conflate the dislike of one with the other. ???? 

21 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Good solid crime prevention methods in the hands of the local constabulary, no-one should mess with a gentleman's pond and no messing with pesky EU regulations then. I'm sure JRM has at least one pond where he would no doubt like to enforce his sovereignty over it. Brexit's dead isn't it. This is how it ends then a brief hurrah for Nigel at the Euros then a long hot summer of kicking the can down the road and balls in long grass. A rump minority will bluster and blame and moan and the big majority of the UK will get back to their lives and doing what they do to get on. The tories will be hopelessly be divided attacked by UKIP and Brexit Party electorally and Jezza will have his best chance ever to get into No 10. Well done you Brexiteers !

Good solid crime prevention methods in the hands of the local constabulary, no-one should mess with a gentleman's pond and no messing with pesky EU regulations then. I'm sure JRM has at least one pond where he would no doubt like to enforce his sovereignty over it. Brexit's dead isn't it. This is how it ends then a brief hurrah for Nigel at the Euros then a long hot summer of kicking the can down the road and balls in long grass. A rump minority will bluster and blame and moan and the big majority of the UK will get back to their lives and doing what they do to get on. The tories will be hopelessly be divided attacked by UKIP and Brexit Party electorally and Jezza will have his best chance ever to get into No 10. Well done you Brexiteers !
Jezza( bel ) does not have a snowball chance in hell of ever residing in no 10.
If labour had a moderate business friendly leader..they would have a reasonable chance of winning the next GE.
But with his marxist leanings..and with the possibility of a certain diane abbot as Home Secy..now let that sink in..labour will be the also rans imo.
Stand by for quite a few " shocks " in next GE.. ie..very eurosceptic partys getting at least 15 seats if I'm any judge.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

41 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It’s now clearly impossible for any member state to leave the EU without a crisis. And the EU has no plans for reform, and so the logical deduction is that the EU will face in future a growing series of crises, economic, social and political, to which there is no visible solution. The EU has shown its defensiveness, its rigidity and contempt for democracy.

I'm sure the current situation is copacetic to Remainer ears but a can of worms has been opened from which I think there is no going back short or long term. 

On this occasion we so nearly got out of the burning building but now we are going to remain handcuffed to the arsonists in the short term and people will come to see that and start the process of change again in the May elections..

It's not over!

It’s now clearly impossible for any member state to leave the EU without a crisis. And the EU has no plans for reform, and so the logical deduction is that the EU will face in future a growing series of crises, economic, social and political, to which there is no visible solution. The EU has shown its defensiveness, its rigidity and contempt for democracy.
I'm sure the current situation is copacetic to Remainer ears but a can of worms has been opened from which I think there is no going back short or long term. 
On this occasion we so nearly got out of the burning building but now we are going to remain handcuffed to the arsonists in the short term and people will come to see that and start the process of change again in the May elections..
It's not over!

The fat lady is still sleeping!!!!!

On 4/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, evadgib said:

HTH

Surprised it wasn't longer listening to Father's same old same old.

On 4/14/2019 at 4:33 PM, geoffbezoz said:

Ah France! An attractive destination even before we joined the EEC. 

On 4/14/2019 at 10:54 AM, Jip99 said:

and your gripes are

2 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Jezza( bel ) does not have a snowball chance in hell of ever residing in no 10.
If labour had a moderate business friendly leader..they would have a reasonable chance of winning the next GE.
But with his marxist leanings..and with the possibility of a certain diane abbot as Home Secy..now let that sink in..labour will be the also rans imo.
Stand by for quite a few " shocks " in next GE.. ie..very eurosceptic partys getting at least 15 seats if I'm any judge.

you underestimate Labour far too much,never forget these are the people who removed churchill in 1945,highly unlikely any party will get a majority at the next GE but if anyone where to i would fancy Labour,the tories have no chance and your mate tommys lot wont get anywhere,Farage's part might do OK 

Archived