Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

EU to agree Brexit delay but France pushes for conditions

webfact

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

you underestimate Labour far too much,never forget these are the people who removed churchill in 1945,highly unlikely any party will get a majority at the next GE but if anyone where to i would fancy Labour,the tories have no chance and your mate tommys lot wont get anywhere,Farage's part might do OK 

And then it will be you 'Brexit I don't mind 35baht to the pound, it's not for me it's for the kids'  Brexiteers fault. Hint the kids don't want your toxic presents !

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, bomber said:

you underestimate Labour far too much,never forget these are the people who removed churchill in 1945,highly unlikely any party will get a majority at the next GE but if anyone where to i would fancy Labour,the tories have no chance and your mate tommys lot wont get anywhere,Farage's part might do OK 

I think you overestimate Labour solely as a result of  their head man. In Jeremy Corbyn Labour managed to elect a leader of a British Political Party with the most extensive links to terrorists, extremists and hardline regimes ever. Hamas, the IRA, Iran, Muktada al-Sadr, anti Semitism etc. come to mind. Political parties are keeping their powder dry at the moment but in the lead up to a GE these discrediting issues will be raised time and time again and the British public won't ignore them or reneging on their Brexit manifesto commitment.

As for the Tories they don't need to call a GE until June 2022 and a lot of surgery can be performed between now and then, but combined  with their performance and a discredited Labour Party I agree anything could happen.

1 minute ago, aright said:

I think you overestimate Labour solely as a result of  their head man. In Jeremy Corbyn Labour managed to elect a leader of a British Political Party with the most extensive links to terrorists, extremists and hardline regimes ever. Hamas, the IRA, Iran, Muktada al-Sadr, anti Semitism etc. come to mind. Political parties are keeping their powder dry at the moment but in the lead up to a GE these discrediting issues will be raised time and time again and the British public won't ignore them or reneging on their Brexit manifesto commitment.

As for the Tories they don't need to call a GE until June 2022 and a lot of surgery can be performed between now and then, but combined  with their performance and a discredited Labour Party I agree anything could happen.

believe me there are enough labour voters out there to get JC over the line,i live amongst them,hence ive never bothered voting for 25-30 years,total waste of time

So some people want to push on with brexit even if it will wreak a major part of the economy - before there was the excuse that we didn't know this but why are we continuing now ?

"So some people want to push on with brexit even if it will wreak a major part of the economy - before there was the excuse that we didn't know this but why are we continuing now ?"

Once again you keep looking ahead without reference to what's happening behind.

Ahead of us------

What wrecking ball are you referring to that will damage our children and grandchildren? 

Is it caused by opening up to the rest of the World with new trade agreements. Opportunities for work abroad as a result of those agreements. Technological and scientific research with new countries. Freedom from petty regulation and European infighting. No prospect of conscription into an EU Army. No one is more protective of his children and grandchildren  and children in general than me but I have faith not fear in their abilities.

For the forward thinkers, the word ‘Brexit’ is no longer just about leaving the European Union. It symbolises a wider battle between the people and the politicians. Our two-party system is shattered. It must be cured or put out of its misery. The electorate has the power to effect this desperately needed change if it acts now.

Behind us-------

The euro zone isn’t in recession yet – but the data looks bad. Germany’s manufacturing base is reeling from the slowdown in China’s economy and U.S. President Donald Trump’s protectionism. The consumer is getting less stalwart; and if that confidence wavers, the impact around the euro zone would be substantial. Industrial production is falling in states such as Italy and business confidence is down too. In Spain, youth unemployment is still running at more than 30 percent. France is hitting its deficit limits just as Macron’s big restructuring plans have been delayed or scaled back.

And then there is the euro zone itself, a currency union designed with a potentially fatal hole in its heart – the lack of a fiscal union to address its major imbalances. The EU has patched this up as best it could after the financial crisis. But its more ambitious reform plans have stalled.

Politically, Europe looks more fractious too. Nationalist, populist parties are on the rise and may be well-represented in the European Parliament after May’s elections. Poland and Hungary continue to thumb their noses at EU institutions and basic principles of democracy.

So cut out the stale dogma and see the damage caused by staying in and not opening up to the world.

Suppose we will all have to wait and see

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hint..no kids in the UK..try and keep up..that is if you can put Jezzabel's daily briefing to one side for a few minutes

And then it will be you 'Brexit I don't mind 35baht to the pound, it's not for me it's for the kids'  Brexiteers fault. Hint the kids don't want your toxic presents !

49 minutes ago, tebee said:

So some people want to push on with brexit even if it will wreak a major part of the economy - before there was the excuse that we didn't know this but why are we continuing now ?

it seems the big promise of great deals with the big powers were just a dream,EU are again on the front foot,never mind palastine and the faroe islands are all done and dusted.

EU approves new trade talks with US - BBC News.html

Because UK people have had quite enoughof the lying..corrupt and autocratic jobsworths of brussels.

[/url]  

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Because UK people have had quite enoughof the lying..corrupt and autocratic jobsworths of brussels.

must admit before the vote i never heard one person moaning about corruption or lies in the EU,a few chuckles about straight bananas etc and i live in a high leave area,a few people from my local who relocated to spain were annoyed we didnt join the euro,they knew what was best for them,19 years later they would of been £50k - £100k richer,never mind it was only their dream,your dream is to lose £50k or more,well you have had a decent 3 years so far ???? pity the sovereign UK govt will stop your dream of reaching your target,maybe there will be another once in a lifetime opportunity for you in 30-40 years to deliver the dream.

Difference is that I can "take the financial hit "...[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

must admit before the vote i never heard one person moaning about corruption or lies in the EU,a few chuckles about straight bananas etc and i live in a high leave area,a few people from my local who relocated to spain were annoyed we didnt join the euro,they knew what was best for them,19 years later they would of been £50k - £100k richer,never mind it was only their dream,your dream is to lose £50k or more,well you have had a decent 3 years so far [emoji23] pity the sovereign UK govt will stop your dream of reaching your target,maybe there will be another once in a lifetime opportunity for you in 30-40 years to deliver the dream.

16 minutes ago, bomber said:

must admit before the vote i never heard one person moaning about corruption or lies in the EU,a few chuckles about straight bananas etc and i live in a high leave area,a few people from my local who relocated to spain were annoyed we didnt join the euro,they knew what was best for them,19 years later they would of been £50k - £100k richer,never mind it was only their dream,your dream is to lose £50k or more,well you have had a decent 3 years so far ???? pity the sovereign UK govt will stop your dream of reaching your target,maybe there will be another once in a lifetime opportunity for you in 30-40 years to deliver the dream.

It was hard to miss the coverage. 

"EU corruption costing economy £100bn a year"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10614864/EU-corruption-costing-economy-100bn-a-year.html

Brexit Bulletin: Eurocrat corruption, brawls and bullying exposed 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/05/31/brexit-bulletineurocrat-corruption-brawls-bullying-exposed/

The extent of corruption in Europe is "breathtaking" and it costs the EU economy at least 120bn euros (£99bn) annually, the European Commission says.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26014387

7 minutes ago, aright said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10614864/EU-corruption-costing-economy-100bn-a-year.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/05/31/brexit-bulletineurocrat-corruption-brawls-bullying-exposed/

The extent of corruption in Europe is "breathtaking" and it costs the EU economy at least 120bn euros (£99bn) annually, the European Commission says.

all based on the opinions of people in the street questioned in a poll,not good enough to take seriously imo,corruption happens in EVERY nation on the planet,always has always will,your dreaming if you think its going to go away,anyway what are the BBC doing publishing EU negative talk,you lot claim they are biased.

Over to you bummer..sorry bomber

5 minutes ago, bomber said:

all based on the opinions of people in the street questioned in a poll,not good enough to take seriously imo,corruption happens in EVERY nation on the planet,always has always will,your dreaming if you think its going to go away,anyway what are the BBC doing publishing EU negative talk,you lot claim they are biased.

You are winging it again and talking rubbish.

What is people in the street and poll like about...………….

"the Commission's Investigation and Disciplinary Office, ruled that a retired official was guilty of "passive corruption" in relation to building contracts he handed to companies outside the EU." 

Why would The European Home Affairs Commissioner make up stories about the organization that employs her?

"Cecilia Malmstroem, the European home affairs commissioner, described levels of corruption across the EU as "breath-taking" and criticised governments for failing to tackle the problem."

You are happy to quote and swear authenticity to articles/polls which support your argument but find limp excuses for the ones that don't.

Pathetic.

4 hours ago, bomber said:

Corbyn would have difficulty removing a bogey from his conk.

6 minutes ago, aright said:

You are winging it again and talking rubbish.

What is people in the street and poll like about...………….

"the Commission's Investigation and Disciplinary Office, ruled that a retired official was guilty of "passive corruption" in relation to building contracts he handed to companies outside the EU." 

Why would The European Home Affairs Commissioner make up stories about the organization that employs her?

"Cecilia Malmstroem, the European home affairs commissioner, described levels of corruption across the EU as "breath-taking" and criticised governments for failing to tackle the problem."

You are happy to quote and swear authenticity to articles/polls which support your argument but find limp excuses for the ones that don't.

Pathetic.

i wouldnt dispute there is corruption in the EU,spain,portugal and the eastern european countries probably the worst as individuals,the EU parliament also will have its share,same same the UK parliament,£36 million awarded to a ferry company with no ships trumps the lot,thats your sovereign govt you are craving ???? 

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

i wouldnt dispute there is corruption in the EU,spain,portugal and the eastern european countries probably the worst as individuals,the EU parliament also will have its share,same same the UK parliament,£36 million awarded to a ferry company with no ships trumps the lot,thats your sovereign govt you are craving ???? 

Get your facts right. It wasn't £36 million it was £13.8 million. The contract was bad business and a farce but how do you conclude it was corruption. The contract was cancelled when the main Irish backer withdrew support without one penny changing hands.

The £36 million you are referring to was possibly the £33million Eurotunnel got as a result of Grayling not  consulting them on proposed Ferry deals.. Once again it was bad business, whats that got to do with sovereign government?

Bad business and corruption are different...….look them up

I see this as the writing on the wall, brexit is dead. A year later the Uk gets some conciliatory 'special changes' regarding continued membership, immigration reduction etc. both sides have egg on their faces but peace reigns again. 
Bitterness will remain for a long time.
Hopefully lots of the inglorious back-stabbing mp's will be getting their richly deserved P45's.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, malagateddy said:

Yip vrry much so and I am s Brexite

Teddy ,

cut back on the san miquel , try to remain on the sensible side , more ice.

Try Leo , if you ever visit the kingdom , 555

ps , any links for a malaga expats forum , i am soo bored with brexit, thx.

Elliss. I happen to reside in Thailand.
Do try to keep up old boy[emoji6]

Teddy ,
cut back on the san miquel , try to remain on the sensible side , more ice.
   Try Leo , if you ever visit the kingdom , 555

ps , any links for a malaga expats forum , i am soo bored with brexit, thx.

19 minutes ago, aright said:

Get your facts right. It wasn't £36 million it was £13.8 million. The contract was bad business and a farce but how do you conclude it was corruption. The contract was cancelled when the main Irish backer withdrew support without one penny changing hands.

The £36 million you are referring to was possibly the £33million Eurotunnel got as a result of Grayling not  consulting them on proposed Ferry deals.. Once again it was bad business, whats that got to do with sovereign government?

Bad business and corruption are different...….look them up

my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong but its life,you brexit lovers need to make up

4 minutes ago, bomber said:

my local council sold a country house valued at £1.5 million plus for £200k a few years back,nobody else got a sniff of it,it made the local TV but nothing ever happened,is that bad business of fraud,i have a mate high up in the same council and he says back handers are common,Uber was one of the latest he says they have bribed nearly every council in the UK.its wrong but its life,you brexit lovers need to make up

A complete non sequitur. I think we know who is lost for argument and who is making things up.

9 minutes ago, aright said:

A complete non sequitur. I think we know who is lost for argument and who is making things up.

sorry to disappoint you but i dont tell fibs,off the top of my head i stated £200k it was a little more but off the top of my head the £1.5 million valuation was well under,corruption is all around us,iam not sure where you live but it goes on brexit or no brexit,EU or no EU, and i havent lost any argument.

Windlestone Hall sold by Durham County Council back on market for TEN TIMES the price _ Daily Mail Online.html

5 hours ago, bomber said:

The amount of E.u corruption is mind boggling. And those whistleblowers who attempt to expose it are soon moved on.

Archived