Three people injured, two chickens die in Chalong crash

webfact

Three people injured, two chickens die in Chalong crash

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

588732.jpg

A motorbike sidecar (saleng) has collided with a motorbike in Chalong where two people sustained serious injuries and two chickens died yesterday in Chalong.

The Chalong Police were notified of the incident on Chao Fa West Road at at the entrance of Soi Baan Klang in Chalong at 7pm last night.

Police and emergency responders arrived to find a damaged motorbike and a damaged motorbike sidecar sprawled across the road.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/three-people-injured-two-chickens-die-in-chalong-crash

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-11
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Why did those chickens cross the road to get to the BBQ promo in KFC????

To be fair  those recently departed furry friends were not crossing the road. It could well have been the the driver of the motor cycle and sidecar decided to adopt normal Thai behavior and undertake a vehicle by using the hard shoulder.  Unfortunately, as is the norm for Thai motor cyclists, there was another idiotic Thai riding on that same hard shoulder against the traffic flow. Now whilst illegal, even by Thai laws, it was stupid, but there again perfectly normal.. But as we know Thais need to impress their stupidity at driving at every available opportunity. The result was an impact of the motorcycle and the motor cycle and sidecar. The chickens apparently were just passengers in the sidecar and hence perished.  So to reinforce the safety, and in some way help safety due to the stupidity of Thai motorcyclists, I propose that all chickens riding in sidecars must from now on wear seat belts.

Edited by geoffbezoz

1 minute ago, jaiyen said:

So, will chickens be included in the road accident figures from now on ?

Wait until someone hits an elephant in the road.

One afternoon many years ago I was riding my motorbike down soi Siam Country Club in Pattaya. As I went around a corner, there was an elephant being led across the road, right on the bend. I narrowly missing hitting it.

I could just imagine the insurance claim form asking: Explain how the accident occurred.