Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 hours ago, joboss said:

Is there a new bakery that is chic for buttered croissants in Hawthorn?

Hope they can wash their hands at half time.

Spectemur Agendo.   Let us be judged by our acts.

If you can afford to pay for it you will find it in Hawthorn....

I forgot to pick the margin yesterday dam 51 ....

15 hours ago, Radar501 said:

Leoncelli was a faithful servant for Melbourne under the presidency of Joseph Gutnick.   I wonder if any of Diamond Joe's business ethics rubbed off onto Andrew.

Joe rose from relative football obscurity to take the top job.   Maybe the promise of injecting millions of $$$$$ into the struggling club assisted his chances during the election campaign.

At a press conference, Sputnick glowed about his long-time devotion to The Red Legs.   A reporter then jumped up and asked what year the Dees had last won the flag.   The new president's reply was, ".........errrrrr.........."

The Rabbi's fortunes have since dived harder than a Malaysian Airlines 777, and in 2016 he declared bankruptcy, owing creditors 275 million.   Here he is with another ex-AFL boss and ex-successful businessman.

untitled.png

Diamond Joe  presented John E with the Dee jumper after he traded over Andrew.....was a fine player for us indeed....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Friday Funnies .....Clarkson concedes Hawks going nowhere fast for this year...Everyone well aware how Port last night humbled the once great premiership machine that was the Hawks, but the man claims to be confident this group of players have got in them to be contenders again, in reality the mess of moving on several players end of

You're still in excellent form AlexRRR.

Keep up the good work fella.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

You're still in excellent form AlexRRR.

Keep up the good work fella.

Im a struggling writer, will never make any money, and all i have is an endless supply of worthless memories to to tell a captured audience here....:smile:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

"" I was so dam excited to see this game on the telly above the bar i ordered a beer paid for it then went to the loo......just a meer 1.5 min because i was excited....in my absence they switched channels....""

They switched it over when they saw you walk in…

Got you to buy a beer ,,

Be bad face for a Farang to take a free piss.

• Like 1

Ok gents, whilst admitting to having a vested interested in Tommy getting suspended (WC have Geelong next week), surely he

has to go for this.

The 2 looked at last week got off IMO, because they were hits to the body.

Hawkins went high. Must be graded as intentional and not careless and

should get a week for stupidity.

Mine boggling that the ump was right there and didn't even pay a free kick.

Thoughts?

Hawkins-iloveimg-compressed.gif

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Watching the incident on TV, I thought the same thing Will.   Short jab to the throat was a cheap shot, and having a fist-full of jumper just makes it worse coz there is no chance of recoiling.

Four, YES FOUR, field umpires swallowed their whistles, and all were invited to Tomahawk's 200 game party afterwards. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Ok gents, whilst admitting to having a vested interested in Tommy getting suspended (WC have Geelong next week), surely he

has to go for this.

The 2 looked at last week got off IMO, because they were hits to the body.

Hawkins went high. Must be graded as intentional and not careless and

should get a week for stupidity.

Mine boggling that the ump was right there and didn't even pay a free kick.

Thoughts?

Hawkins-iloveimg-compressed.gif

The MAGGOTS let Bernies basher get away with it....lets not forget the Demon had to leave the ground was and obviously  severely in pain and on the strength of that NO....if Hawkins should go something god dam wrong.......you may live in hope WILL but the Pussys will scratch the coasters eyes out no mater who is on the ground...

• Like 1

Hawks go back to the future......heading in todays little big paper....Clarkson now concede there screwed and there going back to there once proven method of setting up for a new tilt at a group of flags....in reality there trading in and letting go was a big screw up which i for one said right from the beginning that it would come back to haunt them.

Its also Clarkson's way of letting the playing group know a few heads are on the chopping board, this year i think will be the undoing of Clarko.....he's days are up, if he's smart he will take the first contract on offer from a rival club "a la Lyon" if he wants to extend his career in the big league, right now is worth "mucho" to many in a few years he wont be worth a bob....20 cents in imperial language Jo.... unfortunately he may be either too soon or too late for the Eagles job that will become vacant eventually when its realised trading in  pops (veterans) dont work in the modern era...Of course as did Lyon taking a job in a far flung out post of the AFL has many benefits.... all year round surfing, lots of sunshine, well away from prying Melbourne news papers and to far away for a lot of shit not to stick over the Mitchel and Lewis affair.

In the main story of the day..."Jarrad Waite for me i might get a kick today" is out of contract end of this season, knows he has to produce to get a new deal...the Age claims he is a key cog in the Roo's forward line....(the sport section is turning to comedy to help with dwindling newspaper sales)....Has played an amazing 4 games this season for 16 goals i recon Waite might be on the radar of Simmo with those stats, I recommend Pederson as at least he's only 31 and in career best from and will not be needed next season at the Dee's.

WARNING WARNING WILL aliens approaching......its noted in the Age the Eagles do not travel well that the 4 games WCE have played at Carrara on the Gold Coast they have dawn 2, the 3 best wins this season by the Suns have been on the Gold Coast one against the Cats, hey Abblet is back and in fine form, disgraced the past 2 games an UPSET is looming here....Warning Warning....Lost in space in case you didnt know...

B Goddard plays his 300th today, and just the 80th to reach this milestone.

Roumor has it that Fj's men have offered Dusty Martin 6 million big ones over 6 years, the Kangaroos are god dam cheap,  6 million for 3 or 4 years is more like it....

Meanwhile on the front page......D Trump Meets, Shoots and Leaves...the comedy of the US presidential primaries and eventual election found me in Mexico City on arrival from Havana with no idea who had won, 2 weeks with no internet or news...Cuba isn't so isolated anymore just no English newspapers, and what little was on tv was mainly in Spanish, when ever i tuned in there was nothing about there cousins just over the water, Cubans do love the yanks, wear t-shirts with the American flag and seem to speak highly of them... Here i was standing at the carousel waiting for my luggage when from the side of my eye i spied a rather hot looking 40's something blonde, i had noticed her at the Havana airport a few times, she came through immigration around the same moment as me later i saw her giging out one of the big windows while i was looking to get something to eat....in Cuba you do a lot of waiting, the staff dont exactly mind if your flight comes and goes...with a dozen in the que i decided to feed myself when i got to Mexico. Found a seat at my exit gate a short time later this petite blonde body is in front of my eyes again with the sun shining brightly through the window her  white linen dress became somewhat transparent showing off her very fine figure, the odd thing about her she was taking pics of all sorts of things most tourists wouldn't think interesting like the notice for boarding our plane, i was mentally scratching my head over this. This pretty blonde seems to be close often, 1 row behind me on the plane, loosing her going through immigration i forgot about her until....the carousel....now 2 meters away....eyeing her off i was thinking...ummm love to get her phone number....well Mexico is like Thailand TV's everywhere turning my attention to 2 of them side by side in case you missed the first one you had the second one flashing some news and weather ......Trump came up....OMG he had won the election...no can believe...began muttering in tones of disbelief several times due to the shock...i mean who could believe it????? Pretty thing turns to me..."you didn't know? where have you been"?  The devil in side me not letting a chance like this slip said....Havana..."me too she replied" of course i knew that, with the highten intelligence of a hyena wasn't going to let her get away now the ice was broken....Ahhhhh your aussie i said....and it when from there....she tells me she's from the Gold Coast WILL....another omen for today....and a flight attendant for Virgin on vacation...wow how lucky was i? always wanted to date a glorified waitress....She loved salsa dancing and the music ......she offered to meet up when she was Melbourne....i got her phone number and email address....getting back to todays footy......

• Like 2

On 6/2/2017 at 7:53 AM, AlexRRR said:

Eagles go to the holiday playground called the Gold coast, pack your speedo's boys its holiday time a mid year break...Josh wont be going there bringing the odds a lot closer to the home team...i guess a madman would pick the Suns here and I'm sure not a mad man I've played it safe or you could say i dont have the "balls" but WILL's wild west shoot em up gang is looking down the barrel here an upset is looming, after being disgraced a few times its time for the gang in red to bounce back,  there is absolutely no evidence that says the Suns regardless of who goes in and out  will or could win...i think they WILL......its mid season and the hiccuping eagles will begin hiccuping a lot more from here on...

Looks like there are 6 "madman" in our comp. 

They were very  astute. 

Edited by ripstanley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Looks like there are 6 "madman" in our comp. 

They were very  astute. 

Yep....taking chanced didn't work for me towards the end of last season and playing safe isn't working to well for me this year either....what to do? what to do?.........

• Like 1

Talking about the Suns yesterday brought back memories .....The Cuban flag is the same colours as the Bulldogs jumper red white and blue, unlike a friend who use to post here i dont stick my iPhone in the faces of strangers.... I'm more discrete.. never mind....recapping on those  high school girls, girl number one looked very mature except for that uniform....would go to jail with what flashed across my mind...convertibles....everywhere...not all as pristine as those, made me think i should buy one since I'm on the look out for a new car...when you own a mini cooper s you  travel on the train a lot....since I've owned it I've used the train now for a 4th time and at least one more trip coming up to go get it...before that havent been on a train unless i was overseas in like 25 years...the real Cuba once you get out of the tourist area....last pic was a quite part of the day at Havana university looking out my apartment window....yep from 7.30 monday to friday 100 plus mainly young women in different shades of colour would hang out below my window waiting for classes to start....the gate man knew nearly ever one of them...lucky bugger got a lot of kisses on the cheek...the latino way...

IMG_9086.jpg

IMG_9090.jpg

IMG_9185.jpg

IMG_9200.jpg

MWC.JPG

The Bell Tower TimesLike Page

4 hrs · g_kf1vXYV_O.png

The Human Zoo - Mr West Coast Eagles 2017

As the final siren sounds on the Gold Coast v West Coast match, a distinctively louder, more obnoxious sound is foghorning around the pub. Meet Rex, and that aural disharmony you are hearing is him going completely ape-shit at the screen.

You see, West Coast have once again proven that much like Oscar Pistorius, they are only deadly when they are playing at home. Rex’s Freo supporting mate begins cackling in a Dockerish manner, “suck it up princess, you’re acting like a goose, mate”.

Rex isn't happy with that line of banter and turns on his mate like he was Daniel Kerr disputing a taxi fare and then goes at him like he was Benny C on the Clubba stairwell,

“<deleted> OFF MATE, how many bloody trophies has your lot won ay? ZERO, so shove it up your arse, I’m bloody going, oh and another thing, I guess we are going to feel like you schmucks, ANOTHER TROPHY-LESS YEAR”.

He storms home and starts building on his 5 pint base intoxication. While destroying VBs he jumps on a Big Footy forum to give his expert analysis of the Eagle's future.

Essentially he wants half the team delisted, the coach sacked and perhaps some style of corporal punishment ordered upon Priddis’ rawhide.

He manages to channel into the communal frustration and his armchair coaching is met with a few complimentary replies. <deleted> yeh, he is an AFL strategic Titan and his coaching brilliance will be remembered like he was Cuntzel Washington.

He informs his boy that they are going down to the park to have a kick. Little Timmy runs out with his LeCras guernsey on, “take that shit off now boy, goal-less hack is dead to this family you understand?” Oh boy, Lil Timmy doesn’t like kick to kick when Daddy is clutching his VB like that.

As soon as they hit the turf, Rex pulls out his whistle and gets Lil Timmy to simulate some hard ball gets and disposals under extreme pressure. His pressure. He’s coming for you Timmy. “Gooooo’nnnn GET IT, don’t just stand there like a Darling dodo bird, GET IIIIIITT”.

After an hour and a half he calls off the training session. He has never felt more confident he could take Simpson’s job. Back at home, he checks on his Big Footy post to see a bunch of people telling him to shut the <deleted> up.

Suddenly, Rex is feeling the heat like he was the base of a crack pipe after the 2006 AFL premiership. Drunk and determined, he gets to work writing out a rambling “Make the Eagles Grant Again Plan” complete with hand drawn examples of plays and tactics.

The document is a fascinating look into the mind of someone who had a mental breakdown over a 12 point loss hours earlier. He scans and emails it to WCE despite there being so much shit on the pages that it could support a mushroom farm.

He decides to have a 3 beer nightcap and settle into bed with a cheeky 1am abusive tirade on a Fox Footy article.

Get some rest Rex.

• Like 2

The Tackle: Geelong is tagging and it’s working, so why won’t more clubs employ the tactic?

IF tagging is having such a big impact for Geelong, just as it did Collingwood against the Cats back in Round 6, then why aren’t more teams employing the tactic?

Herald Sun Chief Football Writer Mark Robinson casts his eye over Round 11 as Scott Selwood comes to the fore, Tyson Goldsack epitomises Collingwood’s gutsy victory and Hawthorn sunk to new lows.

ONE VERY BIG LIKE

1. SCOTT SELWOOD

Coaches can have faith in their team playing 18-man defence, but coaches can also use their weapons. Geelong coach Chris Scott is using his weapon to great effect. In the past three weeks Selwood has, according to Champion Data, claimed Rory Sloane, Ollie Wines and Lachie Hunter and won every contest. Selwood is not only a run-with player but also a fierce stoppage clamper. He is the mould of Cameron Ling and Ryan Crowley, a sticker, and is one of the reasons the Cats have stiffened up in contested ball and pressure.

SO, WHY DIDN’T ESSENDON CLAMP JOSH KELLY?

He’s a super player, Kelly, worth zillions, but it’s time to find out how he performs with a tagger. John Worsfold wasn’t prepared to find out on Saturday.

“We didn’t have a specific plan (for stopping Kelly), other than seeing how the game panned out,” he said.

“At half-time we addressed the volume of his possession, but it was a pretty even game and we tried to get a little bit tighter on him in the second half, while still wanting to generate our ball going forward.

“He’s a very good player. We weren’t prepared to just put a straight stopper on him, but certainly (they) were accountable for him.”

Why not? If Kelly’s match-winning 38 possessions were reduced to, say, 22, would Essendon have had a better chance of winning? The answer is yes. You can have faith in your 18-man strategies, but not blind faith.

Kelly’s second-possession wins at stoppages and lack of pressure on him were pivotal to the result. His main opponent on Saturday was Zach Merrett — he had Kelly for 24 minutes.

SO, WHY DIDN’T ADELAIDE CLAMP DANGERFIELD AND SELWOOD?

Surprise, surprise, Geelong wins again and their two best players dominate again. Crows coach Don Pyke had faith in his system, as all coaches do, but it can’t be a wonderful midfield system when it’s 66 disposals, 19 score involvements, 16 clearances, nine inside 50s and 11 tackles between Dangerfield and J. Selwood.

It was so glaring you had to suspect Pyke avoided the tag as a strategy to be used perhaps in a final later in the year. Selwood’s main opponent on Friday night was Brad Crouch (37 minutes), while Dangerfield’s man was Matt Crouch (27 minutes).

... BECAUSE IT’S WORKING AGAINST THE CROWS

The highest-ranked player in the competition across the first six weeks, Rory Sloane, has been shut down in three of the past six matches and the Crows have lost all three matches.

It’s a simple strategy which has survived the test of time: Don’t let the opposition’s best player dominate. In the losses, Sloane has had and 18, 11 and 23. His other eight matches have returned 24, 25, 31, 34, 30, 33, 31 and 30 and he’s kicked 10 goals.

Blueprints are devised every week and the blueprint to beat the Crows seemingly, is to stop Sloane imposing himself on matches.

SO WHY DIDN’T WEST COAST CLAMP ABLETT?

The new favourite saying in football is: Don’t get beaten by what you know. If Gold Coast was to respond after soft performances against Port Adelaide and Melbourne (second half), it would come from their leaders and best players. According to Champion Data, Ablett had Mark Hutchings as an opponent for 30 minutes. Ablett finished with 36 touches and a game-high nine score involvements. If Ablett has a hard-won 25 disposals, which takes away his impact, the Eagles win this game.

SO WHY DIDN’T NORTH MELBOURNE CLAMP DUSTY MARTIN?

Trent Dumont started on Dusty and that came a cropper. Dusty played midfield and forward and collected 38 touches. The point is teams allowed too much freedom to Kelly, Selwood, Dangerfield, Ablett and Martin and all of them played huge roles in their team’s wins.

Has football changed so much that there can’t be 100 per cent personal accountability for the opposition’s match-winning midfielder? Is there too much faith in teams’ systems? Chris Scott is bucking the system and it’s working and it’s time clubs found a player like Scott Selwood to do the dirty work.

1. TALKING TOUGH

Suns chief executive Mark Evans was up for the fight in his pre-game radio interviews on Saturday and that attitude fed through to the players. It is emergency time at the Suns in regards to the coach, the staff and the players and the Suns could further wilt or make a stand. They chose the latter. The players can be soft, we know that, but there’s one player who can hold his head high all season. It is Jarryd Lyons who, in his first season at the Suns from Adelaide, is averaging 25 disposals, 13 contested possessions, seven clearances and one score assist per game.

2. CHRIS SCOTT

Huge challenge after losing to Collingwood, Gold Coast and Essendon and in the face of severe scrutiny externally and internally, Scott and his players have changed their approach. There’s no doubting the urgency and savagery in which the Cats play. Geelong’s average pressure factor in the last three weeks is 202. From Rounds 6-8 it was 168. On Friday night they dominated the Crows in the contest. Adelaide was the No.1 ranked contested ball side before the round, Geelong won the count by 34, which was Adelaide’s sixth worst differential ever. The Cats are tough which is not something which could be said a month ago.

3. EBERT AND COTCHIN

The All-Australian mid-season team published in the Sunday Herald Sun had players who were unlucky to miss out. Of the midfield group, they were Brad Ebert and Trent Cotchin. Ebert is enjoying a career-best season. His role has changed from a wingman to a centre-bounce midfielder and he’s averaging a career-high 27 disposals, 11 contested possessions, five clearances and eight tackles. Cotchin has been quality. He doesn’t get the cred because Martin gets most of it, yet the skipper has been huge and he’s won back all those admirers who dropped off in recent seasons. He’s become a big-moments player and not just an accumulator.

4. TIGERS

What’s the No.1 change to Richmond this year? They are fourth and it’s on the back of pressure and defence which will please all those coaches who says defence wins premiership. Not saying the Tigers will win it this year, but they are a difficult team to play against. Their pressure got to North Melbourne, real and imagined, and that is Richmond’s identity in 2017 under Damien Hardwick. They rank second for points against, and are the hardest side in the competition to score against once inside 50m. Up the other end they create forward-half turnovers and scores. Against the Kangas, they generated 33 forward turnovers, and eight of their 14 goals came from forward half turnovers. That pressure creates belief and confidence and if not for those close losses, the Tigers would be on top of the ladder

5. ZAC WILLIAMS

With Dylan Roberton and Jeremy Howe as the unlucky defenders in the mid-season AA team. Just the one game below 20 disposals (Richmond, Round 9) and on Saturday turned offensive giant. Kicked three goals with his 25 disposals and 12 score involvements and might even be more part of the midfield group than the defensive group because of midfield injuries. He is a star and his ball use is devastating.

6. JOBE WATSON

Challenged by everyone to lift, not least by former teammate Matthew Lloyd in Saturday’s Herald Sun, Watson was far better against the Giants. His pace is more an issue than ever, but use of the ball, particularly by hand, was a standout. Still there were clangers but you will take 28 disposals, eight marks, seven tackles, six clearances and nine score involvements every week.

7. JUMPER-PUNCH DISCUSSION

Even Dermott Brereton has softened on what’s acceptable and not acceptable and he says Tom Hawkins is a goner. Chris Scott disagrees and we’ll learn about 3pm on Monday if the MRP is going act tough after the AFL talked tough the week before. Think Hawkins is in trouble, but there’s also a question to be answered: Why didn’t the umpire pay head-high to Crouch at the time?

8. TYSON GOLDSACK

Gutsy win by the Magpies and epitomised by the effort of Tyson Goldsack. Having a ripper season and was again among the best while carrying an injured shoulder. He was swung forward and in the final minutes gave fierce contest and then got to the bench and cradled his shoulder. Goldsack sore. Elliott ankle. Wells calf. Greenwood sore. Collingwood still was able to hold off Fremantle on the road in what was one of the wins of the season. Belief is strong at the Magpies.

DISLIKES

1. TODD GOLDSTEIN

Comical for us and even the coach in a weird sort of way after Todd Goldstein fluffed the ball twice in the one sequence, one when the ball went through his legs and he followed up with a screwed kick for goal which floated out of bounds. Goldstein was the best ruckman in the comp two years back and is now a shadow of his former self, so much so that if Josh Kelly wants to go to North Melbourne, Goldstein could be included in a trade.

2. WEST COAST

Had to laugh with this from SEN’s Mark Fine: “You know those things you aren’t allowed to bring on a plane? Aerosol, lighters ... they should add a photo of Mark LeCras.” After yet another loss on the road, the Eagles are nowhere near a threat for late September. It might be simple to say, but they don’t pressure near good enough and their games are the lowest pressured games in the competition. The last 46 seconds of the game was a shocker. Shannon Hurn went short to Sam Mitchell from full-back, who stuffed around and went sideways to Lewis Jetta who eventually went long to the wing where Tom Lynch took the game-saving mark. Richmond has been smashed for their work late, and so, too, should the Eagles. Why didn’t they know there was only 46 seconds to play? Why go short twice? Why not down the middle a la GWS against the Tigers? The last play lacked urgency, which describes the Eagles on the road.

3. HAWTHORN

Not much left to be said after a history-making night at Adelaide Oval and it forces conversations on players. Jack Gunston has been a star, a 50-goal a-season player through the glory years. But can’t think of a player who has dropped away like Gunston. He is averaging less than a goal per game for the first time in his career and it’s why his name is in trade discussions, admittedly not from the club.

• Like 1

Fantasy time.....sent my spies out to check on my competition....the gates are firmly locked no can see what anyones up to unlike at the set up stages.....

Chooks and Joseph i would expect to come off the bye with both barrels blasting 11 changes allowed until we resume...you have to have the pennies in the bank to be able to get a better team on the field...

Ive re gigged my Mids....bad decision to recruit Mitchell recently sent him on his way and brought Treloar back in $120,000 cheaper and averages 10 points less.... having ran out of patience with T Boyd for the ruck was moved on for a real ruckman doing nicely with little fanfare.......moved on 2 spasmodic defenders in Hunt and Ottens looking now hard at Laird who's been there since day one who's performances are not matching his value ....@561 grand think i can do better for less...

3 more changes next week,  I've cashed in my expensive reserves and will run the best 20 i can get on the field, the forward line is next up for a revamp everyones favourite and Chooks nephew  J Steele along with the Dogs Dahihaus are on shaky ground @ 520 and 530 marked value with form getting sloppy have eyed off a hot prospect who i can afford easily...and who is consistent.....already a half decent forward line with 270,000 in the bank the BS Dee's are looking to kick a lot of goals....here we go...here we goo ...here we go go goooo

• Like 1

Likewise with Alex,it's rejig time to my fantasy team.

Out-Boyd,Dumont,Atley,Ward,Tarranto and Hrovat.

In-Hibberd,Wllsmore,Sidebottom,Gaff,Cameron and Menegola.

Next week will see another mid and a couple of defenders get the axe.

On my beloved Kangas,will be interesting to hear any peeps out of Arden street this week.

After a 3rd quarter to forget against the Tigers,the body language between Brad Scott and long time club stalwart Darren Crocker at 3 quarter time didn't look good.  

• Like 1

Likewise with Alex,it's rejig time to my fantasy team.
Out-Boyd,Dumont,Atley,Ward,Tarranto and Hrovat.
In-Hibberd,Wllsmore,Sidebottom,Gaff,Cameron and Menegola.
Next week will see another mid and a couple of defenders get the axe.

On my beloved Kangas,will be interesting to hear any peeps out of Arden street this week.
After a 3rd quarter to forget against the Tigers,the body language between Brad Scott and long time club stalwart Darren Crocker at 3 quarter time didn't look good.  

Oh to be a coach at Afl level[emoji45] can't piss anyone off be the best nice guy and suck up artist going around love everyone get everyone to love you and get the job done all at the same time with out making any mistakes along the way...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1