Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The FANTASY report....what you guys have been dieing for....

Joseph of West Australia fame 1835 and a fair score the kid is improving was whipped good by the Dee's 2175 in control all of the game, the drafting of Cam Pederson was a master stroke of the Dee's coach a cheap 400,000 averaging over 100 a game with todays 120....eat your heart out guys.....The song for this game is "whip it good" by Devo.

One Plucked Chook 1817 easily smacked up and pushed aside, but hey were rebuilding says the "Ross Lyon" of TV Fantasy easily accounted for by Optus Bombers 2268 and continues to rock up top scores...this little hen David was no match for the Carlton living Goliath. The song for this game is " ( I cant get no) Satisfaction" by the Rolling Stones.

Rip 1828 defeated by evergreen Grant 2120, entertaining game that had everything.

The song for this game is "Dont worry be happy" sorry dont know the singer...a one hit wonder.

Fj 2143 beats Gaz 1667in a close one, Thai girl friends will do that to you...drop concentration eyes off the ball...the dustbowl farmer collecting worms in his spare time with a wiggle here and a wiggle there a serious contender for a to 2 Finnish the only trouble is so far the teams above are better than his...hehe....Gaz takes the Joe Turd award for the first time this week arresting it from officer dibbles...

The song for this game is " Wish you where here" by Pink Floyd.

The all important ladder 

1 Optus at 8 zip doing it in style...another chook that will fall flat at finals time....

2 Grant 6-2 with a lot to prove...eyes on the prize....

3 Me 6-2 Making up numbers....making up stories too...

4 Fj 5-3 needs to get lucky to bridge the gap...them worms will help.

out side of the 4 

5 Gaz, forget the TGF and get back on the ball at 3-5

6 Rip 2-6 ever threatening.....

7 Chooks....i dare not make a comment as i live in melbourne and dont need police harassment....

8 Joseph....you i can hang it on.....your so far away...a song too....bye bye birdie....another song...

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

I normally dont comment on the umpires as its a tough job.....but today they were still in Shanghai at one point early in the last quarter it was 20 frees to North 9 to the Dee's...why that joker wasn't reported for the punch to Vince and he had to leave the ground i dont know...Bugg was roughed up as well face handled and pushed...no love lost the Dee's came at them hard in the second umpiring was one of the lesser displays by the maggots I've seen...

The loss can be partly contributed to the men in yellow and grey, Jack was off the boil totally today no impact at all Bugg is a defender end of the story...was it 4 behinds? 3 from set shots? The youngsters are having trouble putting 4 quarters together we showed enough to show North are nothing much....you donthave much to get excited about Fj they are just another ordinary team trying to make the the 8.

I don't usually comment either, but it was 9-1 in Essendons favour at quarter time.

Not saying it cost us the game as it obviously didn't, but there would've been an outcry from the usual suspects had that been the tally in a Perth game.

As usual, they even them up by the end.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I don't usually comment either, but it was 9-1 in Essendons favour at quarter time.

Not saying it cost us the game as it obviously didn't, but there would've been an outcry from the usual suspects had that been the tally in a Perth game.

My game was a tighter affair so a few that dont get called when there there do change the course off a game plus several given against us when they were not there...in the first quarter alone the umps were red hot when we were caught with the ball..we had zero seconds to offload while North had like 5 min....yeah yeah...then in the last Hibbered handball and was pinged for holding the ball...you work it out .....the inbalance of frees says a lot about our game.

Apart from that it was a game of 2 halfs nothing really between the teams, North cant win a final with the likes of jarod wait in the side dam usless once it hits the ground, Pederson proves even in the 2000 you dont need a true ruckman you only need a contributor battled hard in the ruck but obviously out classed was an extra mid once it was on the ground and with 2 goals today...though will be interesting to see how the Dee's use him once Max is back...Cam needs to be running other wise he freezes up playing as a key forward.

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

I missed all the games today with a trip to Chiang Rai. I think it was lucky as I might have changed a couple of tips.  What happened to the Eagles?

Don't ask !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joboss said:

Some shelia who can't bounce a ball.. 

Tad more training required me thinks..

I'll get on that bandwagon.:smile:

Battling to bounce the ball 2 feet high,a disgrace for our game  IMO.

What the f--- is the league thinking.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I normally dont comment on the umpires as its a tough job.....but today they were still in Shanghai at one point early in the last quarter it was 20 frees to North 9 to the Dee's...why that joker wasn't reported for the punch to Vince and he had to leave the ground i dont know...Bugg was roughed up as well face handled and pushed...no love lost the Dee's came at them hard in the second umpiring was one of the lesser displays by the maggots I've seen...

The loss can be partly contributed to the men in yellow and grey, Jack was off the boil totally today no impact at all Bugg is a defender end of the story...was it 4 behinds? 3 from set shots? The youngsters are having trouble putting 4 quarters together we showed enough to show North are nothing much....you donthave much to get excited about Fj they are just another ordinary team trying to make the the 8.

The joker wasn't reported because it was retallation.

Expect to see Salem do time.:smile:

Was jack out there today,i thought he was carrying the water bottle for Tarrant.

I know how you feel Alex,i did plenty of yelling today. 

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

Eagles got done by pace today.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, farmerjo said:

The joker wasn't reported because it was retallation.

Expect to see Salem do time.:smile:

Was jack out there today,i thought he was carrying the water bottle for Tarrant.

I know how you feel Alex,i did plenty of yelling today. 

Golden boy J Watts....would have been his worst game ever did he touch the ball? No North player beat him....he was off in la la land...ahhh shaved his beard and had a hair cut...that will do it...looking like a good dam model wont get the ball hitting you on the chest...

• Like 2

IMO the Cunnington v Vince incident should have played out like this-

Free awarded to Cunnington for head high tackle,then ball taken off him for gut punch and ball thrown up.

Simple.

On the jumper punch,it's the Afl's equivilent of a police speed camera bring in the revenue.

Hard to see Cunnington get suspended for this, when Cotchin got let off for his one.

I bet the AFL release a statement about these issues this week

viney.gif

trent-cotchin-punch_36iu9tbcidij1ozfmka7kcf0w.jpg

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Actually he might WILL, Bernie had to go off after that savage and cowardly attack from the big C .... trail by media... Bernie is a nice guy that brute unshaven gorilla looks like one of them triads...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

What's the general view gangsters?

I used to be in favour of it to start the game, but am now leaning towards scrapping it all together.

John Worsfold and Adam Simpson don’t believe traditional centre bounce would be missed

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/john-worsfold-and-adam-simpson-dont-believe-traditional-centre-bounce-would-be-missed/news-story/f47999ba2b731146c1d1478ca8f4242a

• Like 1

The Tackle

Mark Robinson lists his likes and dislikes from Round 9 action

ESSENDON turned up the pressure at Etihad Stadium and West Coast wilted, helped by a brilliant display from the Bombers’ own version of ZZ Top.

There are questions everywhere for Richmond after another close loss and while Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin and Damien Hardwick have to cop the blame, an umpire on Saturday afternoon should be under just as much heat.

Joel Selwood, Scott Pendlebury, Tom Liberatore and Nathan Buckley also make the list of Mark Robinson’s likes and dislikes from the weekend — for good and bad reasons.

1. Pressure

If you didn’t see the Essendon v West Coast game and you want to know why the Bombers won, just study the photograph below. For three quarters before the game petered out, Essendon hunted the Eagles, who, worryingly, surrendered early. The maligned Essendon midfield lifted on the back of fierce desire and quick and precise ball movement. Essendon won the clearances 34-28, contested ball 143-113 and the marking differential was a joke. Asked after the game where the Bombers won it, five-goal hero Joe Daniher went to the source. “It was around the contest,’’ Daniher said.

2. World War Z

Zach and Zaka helped put the Eagles to the sword, with Zach Merrett underlining his standing in the game and David Zaharakis further announcing his return to big-time footy. They patrolled the ground between the arcs and clocked 68 disposals, 16 marks, seven clearances, eight tackles and nine inside-50s between them. They are Essendon’s linkmen and when they are allowed to roam, as they did against the Eagles, the Bombers are lethal with the ball.

3. Nathan Buckley

‘‘I was thinking about driving home 20 minutes into the first quarter,’’ Buckley said. He wasn’t alone and media types were thinking about their opening paragraph to accompany the headline: The Bucks Stops Here. It didn’t eventuate. Buckley has been under all sorts of pressure and to coach his team out of this mess was magnificent. Hopefully it is the turning point in his coaching career. Buckley talks aggressive, risky football, but it didn’t happen until after halftime. Why the players don’t play like that from the start is the question. Safe football, retention football kills the spectacle and, you’d think, kills the instinct in players. Open their minds, move the ball with flair and get it in quick to the forward line and it’s amazing what happens. Exhibit A was Saturday. Kudos to Bucks.

4. Leadership

Buckley can demand it, scream for it and beg for it, but it’s up to the players to respond. Belief is one of those words in football which means more when you haven’t got it than when you have it. The Pies didn’t believe in the first and believed in the second. The leaders believed. Scott Pendlebury is mostly always out of the discussion when it comes to the best captains in the game — he shouldn’t be. Ripper game with 36 disposals, nine tackles and seven clearances.

5. Leadership II

Still reckon it wasn’t his greatest moment when he challenged Pendlebury on the siren against Collingwood three weeks ago but maybe — and it’s been argued — Joel Selwood is the ultimate competitor. There’s numbers everywhere to judge a player but you they can’t be used to value willpower. Selwood knows only one way, and that’s brutal attack, and because of it he is among the most inspiring captains of the generation. Selwood, Hodge, Voss, Hird, Ricciuto, Paul Kelly, Carey, Riewoldt and Judd make up most of that group.

6. Charlie Cameron

Runs like Andrew McLeod. Wears McLeod’s No. 23 jumper and on Saturday night played like McLeod. He will never reach the heights of the 340-game Hall of Famer, but that’s not the point. Watched the third quarter and that was enough. It was reminiscent of Chris Judd’s monster half against Brisbane in 2003. In the quarter, and as recorded by the Crows on twitter, Cameron had “nine disposals, five marks, four goals and one land-speed record’’.

7. Who pays the Perryman?

Leon Cameron should pay him from his own pocket after two remarkable efforts which saved the game for the Giants. In his first game, Harry Perryman had seven disposals and seven tackles, second only to Callan Ward’s eight. More importantly, he had two smothers. In the final minutes he launched himself at Jack Riewoldt to apply the first and then moments later launched himself at Shai Bolton to get a finger on Bolton’s shot at goal. Matchwinning. Inspiring.

8. Dan Hannebery

The ridiculous assertion that Hannebery had to start drinking again to improve his footy stays the joke that it was. He had a slow start and is now back to best. He’s more dangerous this year as well because he seems to be playing more minutes in the forward line, as most midfielders are doing this year. He kicked 13 goals in 26 games last year and has seven from nine games this year, including two goals in the first quarter on Saturday.

9. North Melbourne

It was a bruising, even game, but the Roos were more accomplished, more assured in the final 15 minutes. Goldstein was huge, although Melbourne won the clearances, Cunnington equally so after a knee injury early, but most if all it was names such as Brown Turner, McDonald, Wood, Hrovat and Garner who would make fans smile. It was high stakes and that group played it’s role in the final quarter. That’s three from four for the Kangas and while others don’t see a big future for this group, coach Brad Scott surely does. Big scalp.

WHAT I DON’T LIKE

1. Bad luck or bad management?

Bad luck dogs Richmond, but this was more than that. The players and the coaches box failed Richmond in the final 90 seconds — again. It continues to seriously harm their season. The Tigers have lost their past three games by five, two and three points. If they had won those games, they would be a game clear on top of the ladder. Coulda, woulda, but didn’t. Agree with coach Damien Hardwick that the Tigers are much improved and challenging the best teams, but the past three weeks tells us the coach and the players fail when the game has to be won.

2. So what went wrong?

Richmond allowed Nathan Wilson to play on and gain metres. They knew Wilson would go long down the middle. They knew someone would try to knock it on. So why weren’t there more Tigers at that contest and behind that contest? Why was there five Giants on two Tigers when Jeremy Cameron kicked the winning goal? Why was there three loose Tigers in their forward 50m when Wilson kicked out? What’s frustrating is the score review gave them time to set up — the Giants used that time wisely — and still there were failings. Coaches and leaders were to blame — yet again.

3. And it wasn’t just at the end

The Tigers kicked five behinds in the final quarter, and three of them were close to gimmes. Jack Riewoldt, Dustin Martin and Jason Castagna all missed set shots. They all helped Richmond lose the game. If Dusty wants a million dollars he has to kick those goals. If Riewoldt is the leader we want him to be, he has to kick those goals. If Castagna wants to cement his spot in the team, he kicks those goals.

4. Bad luck or bad umpiring?

It’s bad umpiring. Not paying a 50m penalty against Jeremy Cameron for creeping — sorry, charging — three metres over the mark to smother Dustin Martin was as poor a decision we’ll see this year. Richmond’s players and coaches are being belted around the ears for what happened, and so too should the umpire. As much as the Tigers lost control of the fundamentals of the game, so did the field umpire who got lost in the drama and allowed Cameron to do what he did. The 50m penalty would have meant a goal to Martin and a win to Richmond. The AFL can’t defend this one. They should admit it was wrong and apologise to the Tigers.

5. Why not tag Selwood and Dangerfield?

The 18-man defence should be a 16-man defence against the Cats. Dangerfield had a blinder against the Dogs with 36 disposals, four goals, 12 tackles and 10 clearances, while Selwood had 29 disposals 11 clearances and eight tackles. Why don’t teams just put a cooler on them and restrict their influence? According to Champion Data, Selwood had Lin Jong (for 19 minutes), Lukas Webb (18), Mitch Wallis (17) and Jack Macrae, and none of them could cut into Selwood’s willpower. Dogs’ coach Luke Beveridge admitted on Saturday he mucked up with Dangerfield early. For the record, Dangerfield had Jong (24 minutes) and Wallis (23) and others for minimal minutes. Surely it’s time to try to clamp these two.

6. It’s happened again

Melbourne beats Adelaide on the road and then fall to North Melbourne at home, which means they haven’t beat the Kangas since 2006. That’s the history. The present hurts way more. Melbourne takes a step forward and a step back. Their form reads WWLLLWLWL, and two of those games were lost by two and three points. There’s so much to like, such as the performances of Hunt, Frost, Oliver, Hannan and Petracca, but on Sunday, in a tight game, Bugg kicked four behinds and Garlett didn’t touch it, and with Hogan missing, the Demons couldn’t quite kick a winning score.

7. Tom Liberatore

He was out of Friday night’s team because he isn’t fit enough. That’s inexcusable. There’s only a few reasons why a player is unfit at this time of the year: 1. He’s not training; 2. He’s not training with attitude when he trains; 3. He’s partying too much. Let’s hope it’s not the third option, which has been a discussion in the past. Beveridge said Libba was not dropped because any off-field indiscretion, so it sounds like footy’s not as important to Libba as it should be.

8. West Coast

We know it’s tough going on the road, but this was deplorable. The Eagles take two steps forward and one step back and yet they still find themselves in the top four. Sunday was bottom-four football. Essendon isn’t exactly Ivan The Terrible when it comes to contested footy, but the Bombers beat up on the Eagles. Once again, the leaders were found wanting. Eagles fan @hambones87 on Twitter said it perfectly. “I’ll give you my dislike now — 9 goals in last 6 quarters for @WestCoastEagles. Should be alarm bells for a top 4 team.’’ Midfield was scorched under the pressure from the Bombers and they had no answers. No run. No leadership. No momentum swings until the game was over in the final quarter.

9. The Saints

Met the gang from Sydney and wilted under the pressure. Coach Alan Richardson said his team butchered the ball and they did, even when the Swans weren’t climbing all over them. The pressure, maybe the significance of the game, and certainly the opposition all combined to sink the Saints. They were clumsy and lacked the talent to threaten victory. And Patty McCartin. It didn’t happen for him again — 11 disposals, three marks, one goal — but let’s hope Richardson gives him another crack it this week.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I used to be in favour of it to start the game, but am now leaning towards scrapping it all together.

John Worsfold and Adam Simpson don’t believe traditional centre bounce would be missed

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/john-worsfold-and-adam-simpson-dont-believe-traditional-centre-bounce-would-be-missed/news-story/f47999ba2b731146c1d1478ca8f4242a

I think it should be thrown up all the time. It will time and eliminate  the recalls.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Actually he might WILL, Bernie had to go off after that savage and cowardly attack from the big C .... trail by media... Bernie is a nice guy that brute unshaven gorilla looks like one of them triads...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Cowardly attack Alex:smile:

You must of had the volume down when Brian Taylor said something like WOW Vince has gone head hunting big time.

Vince had to play out the logie on the bench cause he looked like a fool on the field going down to a tap on the belly.

We will just agree to disagree:smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

She's a pretty young thing....and the ball was obviously to big for her hands stage fright on her big day too......no we must have the bounce down for god sakes lets not start tinkering with that, but of course she can get away with anything...such a cutie too....

35 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Cowardly attack Alex:smile:

You must of had the volume down when Brian Taylor said something like WOW Vince has gone head hunting big time.

Vince had to play out the logie on the bench cause he looked like a fool on the field going down to a tap on the belly.

We will just agree to disagree:smile:

If Vince scrape a head or two thats what it was...the umps would have been pinging him left right and centre and they weren't...as for Brian Taylor and his hamfisted commentary it was to wip up supporters which there still doing, i watched the game with sound down low due to the fact Channel 7 are so bad at calling a game most of the time...

If you recall the bad feeling started early in the first when Higgins did a dirty on Oliver who lay spread eagled all over the MCG turf ..........it just escalated from there young man....Higgins was a marked man from then on...and i dont recall any North teammate standing up for him either, the Cunningham incident was just that....Vince a def mid was just being a tough defender while that gorilla who should have a shave took a cheap under the belt sack at one of my favourite players...and you should get back to digging up worms on the farm and go catch some yabbies for next weeks BBQ....

• Like 2