Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Just now, AlexRRR said:

Someone would be happy to take him if he wanted to go...not uncommon for the old club to top up the play packet of departed player IE....the Dee's did it for there departing brownlow medalist Wowoooooowoden "scratch my head" why they let him go...think the Pussy Pies are doing the same for Cloke...

But Tippet is not getting a regular game.

Even if Sydney offered to pay half his salary, I don't think too many

clubs would pay $400 000 for him.

And as he's under contract, Tippet would have to agree to any move.

But Tippet is not getting a regular game.

Even if Sydney offered to pay half his salary, I don't think too many
clubs would pay $400 000 for him.

And as he's under contract, Tippet would have to agree to any move.

He's injured a lot that's why and they can't afford to keep him in the team to run into form, they very well may be stuck with him which is a very good warning to clubs offering long contracts to entice in form star players....... apart from franklin not one player would I offer anymore than a 4 year term to and then they would have to be no more than 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

13 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

He's injured a lot that's why and they can't afford to keep him in the team to run into form, they very well may be stuck with him which is a very good warning to clubs offering long contracts to entice in form star players....... apart from franklin not one player would I offer anymore than a 4 year term to and then they would have to be no more than 25.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yep, I'm with you on the 10 year contracts.

Even Kelly from GWS would be mad to sign for the reported 9 million over 9 years.

What with salary cap increases and such, In 5 years he may be worth more.

I'd offer him 4.

Either way, he won't have to be buying Black and White chips will he.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

That's a surprise to me as well Chooks.

I reckon he's doing a good job.

Maybe it came down to dropping Josh Bruce for Paddy:biggrin:

Actually it's the selection committee who have the greatest say and the coach is only part of that, doesn't have full control.  Apparently down in Saints land the committee have been told they must play McCartin this year.  Rumour has it McCartin is up for trade at the end of the year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

Actually it's the selection committee who have the greatest say and the coach is only part of that, doesn't have full control.  Apparently down in Saints land the committee have been told they must play McCartin this year.  Rumour has it McCartin is up for trade at the end of the year.

If true, that's harsh.

It's Richardson's job on the line.

I know there is a selection panel as much, but I reckon blokes like Lyon, Clarkson, Longmuir and Beverage would have

a far greater say than guys like Richardson and Simpson.

There's been rumours for years that West Coast's board of directors and management have too much say on things like

selection and list management.

West Coast always have a long membership queue and sponsors so there is any great pressure for success IMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thechook said:

Judging by the score board at 3/4 time Richo should drop a metal oven tray down the back of his pants...some ass kicking is on its way....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Judging by the score board at 3/4 time Richo should drop a metal oven tray down the back of his pants...some ass kicking is on its way....

Richo is being sacked at the end of the year.  It's wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Richo is being sacked at the end of the year.  It's wrong.

What sort of a deal was he on Chooks.($$$)

I'm sure he wouldn't have any trouble picking up an assistants gig.

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

If true, that's harsh.

It's Richardson's job on the line.

I know there is a selection panel as much, but I reckon blokes like Lyon, Clarkson, Longmuir and Beverage would have

a far greater say than guys like Richardson and Simpson.

There's been rumours for years that West Coast's board of directors and management have too much say on things like

selection and list management.

West Coast always have a long membership queue and sponsors so there is any great pressure for success IMO.

Tim Jepp has been in the box since 90 at the Eagles.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

:smile:It's over complicated these days,the selection committee should be the coach,reserves coach and the assistant(runner)picking the side.

Besides the money,your on a hiding to nothing without the last say.

Off topic i have always had a beef with club s suspending players for off field stuff during the season,take Harbrow for GCS's this week.Clearly in the sides best 22 and their season on the line,imo give him extra preseason next year.The coach needs him this week and his coach might be out of a job as well if they lose.

10 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

:smile:It's over complicated these days,the selection committee should be the coach,reserves coach and the assistant(runner)picking the side.

Besides the money,your on a hiding to nothing without the last say.

Off topic i have always had a beef with club s suspending players for off field stuff during the season,take Harbrow for GCS's this week.Clearly in the sides best 22 and their season on the line,imo give him extra preseason next year.The coach needs him this week and his coach might be out of a job as well if they lose.

Just about everything is run by the Leadership group now mate.

You can bet if it was a week before the GF and it was someone like Dangerfield, he'd play.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Since  CHOOKS brought it up.....http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/rating-the-afl-coaches-in-2017-asleep-at-the-wheel-or-in-cruise-control-20170609-gwo1w4.html

I will give it a little spin...

UNTOUCHABLES...

Luke B....a fine hack player at the Dee's and Dogs the type that make great coaches for now is safe....lets not forget Gorden has a sharp Bowie knife kept hidden under his jacket which was quick to slash Rodney and cut him loose...was it luck or was it good judgment or was Luke the only guy around at the time ready to take on the basket case the Dogs were?

Leon Cameron GWS, only safe because they have a deep list would need to at least get to the perlim if not the GF to stay safe, its all in the stars...

Don Pyke, was a nice player at WCE, surprisingly shows little emotion in the coaches box he's ok for a few more seasons everyone likes a level head.

Chris Scott...is this the Gay twin?....agree he is safe also helps he came to a good team and has excellent back up staff to keep him looking good...

FINDING THERE FEET...

Simon Goodwin....started well already shows he's willing to gamble ( obviously the Sheedy years were still prevalent at the Dons when he was there) to soon for me to asses he's "talent" facing a stiff second half of the season as we play everyone above us if he can mange to make the finals in his first year he will have a job for life....hehehe just kidding

C Fagan...first year at the Lions is due for a win...hes safe as your wife credit card.

Big Inprovers....

Damien Hardwick....WILL's favourite and mine, contract to the end of 2018, Tigers under the new board dont want to be seen wasting money by sacking coaches before most of there contract is up, i think he is a good coach with just a so so list. Safe as the rice that is in your pantry...

K Hinkley and out of contract seasons end, the Kotch blow torch has shone apon the head hence the no hair application...looking good at the moment....might be a shock sacking here.

Renovation Kings.....the fun starts...

Brad Scott...is this the gay twin?...nope...super dud lives in the shadow of his brother, entertainer is in the blood of this guy can see him hosting the footy show one day, more charisma than Chris and obviously the chatter box around the table on family's xmas day dinner...ahh Chris must be the gay twin...gone in 60 seconds....big mouth should be able to squeeze another 12 months out of the Roos before he's dumped...

Brendon Bolton....the "shoot themselves in the foot" Blues wont be doing anything rash in the near future, the sacking of Ratten and replacing him with Malthouse was a masterstroke of how to destroy an empire before it actually rises....Kerns and Radar have noted it Harris is dead long live the king...(Harris was may dentist when i was knee high to a grasshopper and the president of the Blues that charted there success beginning with the recruiting Ron as coach, dentist ahhhhh actually butcher...scared me for many years the Pr**k he was)

CROSSROADERS...

Alastair Clarkson...has a job until end of 2019, will start the rebuild then its off to the retirement village for him, Hawks not known for there "night of the long knives" the dreadful recruiting that was will bring them undone...no first round draft pick will have to trade off some spluttering quality players which means hovering around mid table for the next 3 or 4 years...Going going going...

Johny Horse Longmire...is he gay? was a bit of a girly full forward at North, is secure...

Adam "simo" Simpson ..is it the coach or is it the recruiters? team has gone backwards since making the GF in 2015, the knifes are being sharpened here,  the Eagles not known for back stabbing likely to be let go nearing end of contract.

Ross "the boss" Lyon...the remake king the man that has made a career out of coaching in the big league, safe as your bank account more safe than your wife handbag stocked with your credit card and spare tampons....

Wooooooooosher.....OMG hes ok...he aint going anywhere bit of a dry boring fart just what the Dons needed after pretty boy took them down down down....

UNDFER PRESSURE...

Rodney.....was my fav for the Dee's job actually....hasnt done anything here at all most unlike him, the Gold Coast is holiday coast the sooner they relocate the better....the GC board should do a restructure starting with the board and stopping just before the coach, Rod has the wins on the board its just everything around him stinks.....sad way to end a career.....i still can recall Rod in his playing days a smart honest flanker with a lot of talent streaming down princess park and booting  long goals..

Natham Buckley...a resurgence has begun....could easily kill off the Dee's season on monday, I've thought they have had a decent team the past 2 or 3 seasons, grown nicely into the job no shooting his mouth off like Brad....not dry and boring like Wooooooosher....enough charisma to be liked, honest and reserved was intelligent to not get caught up into Malthouse's bitter traides....i think it would be a shame to see him go given enough time i think he could be a half decent coach.

Who should go? the stuff up of the Hawks end of last season  deserves Alister ( a gay name) should get the chop but he wont..Simpson...recruiting a stop gap dads army should go and might....Brad (might not be the gay twin) cant coach, the after match press conferences are just a rehearsal for when he gets the job to chair the Footy show...

A nice summary AlexRRR.

Although I did notice you mentioned the word "gay" quite a few times.

Not that there's anything wrong with that:smile:

2 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

WILL.....Gay in the context of football is meant as soft or not quite up to it...but one of them Scott boys i hear is Gay.....and lets face it....Johnny does look a bit queer at least to me...BI?

Its gotta be the one coaching Norh !!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Will27 said:

Gee Port have slipped under the radar when it comes to criticism.

West Coast are called flat trackers but Port haven't beaten a side in the 8.

They've smashed the weaker sides and haven't stood up against any quality to be honest.

They beat Syd and Freo early on when both were crap and then have beaten Carlton, Brissy, GC and the Hawks.

Time for them to be put under the microscope.

No need Khun Will, it's a given that Port have that innate ability to choke when the going gets good. I think everyone is so accustomed to it that it's no longer a surprise. A matter of when not it ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

No need Khun Will, it's a given that Port have that innate ability to choke when the going gets good. I think everyone is so accustomed to it that it's no longer a surprise. A matter of when not it ;) 

Just last Wednesday SEN Radio had Ken Hinckley as coach of the year.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2017 at 10:02 AM, AlexRRR said:

Take it as given WILL...Lecrass i will be resigned along with whats that ex North guy named again? The Coast have lost there way, you think I'm just pulling your leg about a centrelink office right next door to the Eagles training ground......noooooo its god dam true....

Le Madam Guillotine or the black plague needs to sweep through the half of Perth the Coast live in....starting with La presidenta followed by recruiters and coaching staff....there all in bed to gether...your lucky there are no winters in Isaan ....its harder to take when you live in Melbourne....frezzing peanuts yesterday at least the suns out today.

Went for a swim this afternoon in the fresh waters of my Cottesloe beach.

Weagles on a BYE where probably attending BBQ’s  and picnicking on a sunny Sunday. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joboss said:

Went for a swim this afternoon in the fresh waters of my Cottesloe beach.

Weagles on a BYE where probably attending BBQ’s  and picnicking on a sunny Sunday. 

I might join you....come out of semi retirement and look after a job over there for a builder friend....aparently the builders in the west WILL rip you off, "touch up merchants" thought being stuck so far away from everything i know could be daunting... lucky i can count on you hey Jo?

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A few points from the weekend.

What will Clarko's penalty be ( in any ) after virtually calling the umps disgraceful.

Tried to minimize the damager by getting in early with an apology.

Watched yesterdays game. IMO, a lot of the GWS boys play for glory and not the team

when they're under the pump. Both Kelly and Green took selfish options in the last quarter

when the game was up for grabs. This type of play could cost them a GF.

$10,000 fine.....I watched the Lions game, the Dicky Dots ahhhh so awful, had no one no one at all, the ex GWS hang out has tickets on himself, I've seen better net ball players,  slow as a turtle hands made of rice flour not known as a marking forward and saturdays effort wont be known NOT for his fleet of foot once it hits the ground...

Come finals time it wont be the stand out team it will be who gets it happening over  3 or 4 week period, a la Dogs last year, Malcom and his offsider in Neal the sports scientist turned coach had a plan and it worked, 2 flags....im sure some will revist....