Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

6 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Not knowing the history of AFL like some of you do I wonder why the coach is always to blame for a teams downfall and changing will make them better. I understand the coach is an important part but with the Dockers I have also felt the management of the club is also to blame by having too much input into the way the team is managed at the ground level.
Just my thoughts but I think there is an eagerness from the media especially to start talking about dumping the Coach.
Also what upcoming coaches are there out in the local league world. Maybe the likes of Sheedy, Worsfold and others have been around too long and there is no recognised d progression for younger coaches to be promoted through the system.
My theories be interested in what you think of my novice opinion??

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My thoughts...and its typical in soccer...the coach goes...personally id rather change the players why? its easier to change 1 person over 6....though Sheedy was good at getting rid of players that wouldn't play for him...thats why he lasted 24 ys at the one club,...Arsenal's Wenger has lasted a simler time...why? he gets limited results but there results and there is a turn over of players,...

Buckley....cant coach....when an ex assistant comes out an says it....or i should say inflexible meanwhile in his case eddie loves him but he is gone...dont make the 8 in ur 4 or 5 year reign forget it...North..Scott has had his time he's almost done and dusted, same in private business...dont meet targets you gone...

The other argument is young fresh ideas from assistant coaches are seen as progressive, every club is looking for an edge, with the comp getting ever so close with draft and salary cap a fresh approach...is seen as an advantage.....but of course you need good back room staff...the Hawks have had that thats why the football dept has come under scrutiney from the AFL.... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Thechook said:

Was once a kid, now after 3 full seasons is a man but still plays Auskick.  The guy is a useless sloppy turd, 8 games (and never lasted a full one) in 3 seasons.  He's entire match experience in 8 games in 3 yrs amounts to less than 3 quarters of a game.  Bet my 1st born he is injured with concussion within the first 4 seconds useless waste of space he should consider a career as fertiliser.  Hope the useless turd gets struck by a bus on the way to the ground and Bruce comes back in

Your spot on Chooks,he's a very good 2nd's player.

I think the Saints should hold on to him for another couple of years,sometimes big guys take a little longer and you would hate to see him starring for another club at 27 years old.

• Like 1

Betting your fist born is drastic don't think your pretty Thai mrs would be impressed with you this morning....

Meanwhile no comments on the AFL and and there possible future version of the AFL draw with wild card slots up for grabs, I will refrain from a comment as most here know my view on tinkering.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

By the way officer Chooks can you plz inform the fantasy players when the bye rounds start as the suns and power don't play this weekend so some confusion for a simple dee supporter though I did tinker up my team for the clash this weekend with the smooth Joseph...

Yes the bye between 2 sides threw me out a bit,i had targeted Danger this week with his price dropping to just over 600K but chose to just make sure i had a full compliment of players on the field.

Dam.missed the boat big time there.

• Like 1

Ahhhh its the other way for me....been hanging on to Tom Boyd since the start of the season was a cheap 300,000 can swing from Ruck to Forward... averaging 45 a week....well i had faith in him after the grand final last year...well the guy is finally delivering....in the 90's last week this week hit 117....(smiling)..... Dumped the human hair mop, the performances indicate he's staying at FREO....my midfield is begin ing to look asssssssssssummmmmmmm...

And i took a punt on the ex North Hack Cam Pederson.....lovely....around the ton in each game so far...

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

By the way officer Chooks can you plz inform the fantasy players when the bye rounds start as the suns and power don't play this weekend so some confusion for a simple dee supporter though I did tinker up my team for the clash this weekend with the smooth Joseph...

I think the powers that be at fantasy have stuffed up.  If you look at the draw they have the bye at rounds 11, 12 and 13 which doesnt match the current 9, 10 and 11.  I think its because the AFL moved the byes forward to accomadate Port & Gold Coast playing in China.  During the bye you only score off your top 18 players.  We in fantasy where suppose to have byes along with the AFL.

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Geez FJ after Danger's shit hot game last night, you might be upset at missing the opportunity to bring him in and make him skipper... 150+ on his own (300 if you made him skipper)...

I certainly had a few choice words to say having dumped him as skipper in my team for the first time after a couple of poor performances..

I dumped him as capt also last night replaced him with Taylor Adams.  Taylor averages 122 per game so should be ok

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

I dumped him as capt also last night replaced him with Taylor Adams.  Taylor averages 122 per game so should be ok

Yeah that was my line of thinking too... Seems I wasn't alone in that decision either, old mate rip's followed suit too ;)

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

I think the powers that be at fantasy have stuffed up.  If you look at the draw they have the bye at rounds 11, 12 and 13 which doesnt match the current 9, 10 and 11.  I think its because the AFL moved the byes forward to accomadate Port & Gold Coast playing in China.  During the bye you only score off your top 18 players.  We in fantasy where suppose to have byes along with the AFL.

The bye rounds are 11, 12, and 13. They made an extra bye round for GC and PA for their trip to China. 

"This year you will receive an extra trade for bye rounds 11, 12 & 13. However, in Round 9 when only two teams (Gold Coast & Port Adelaide) have the bye you will only receive 2 trades as you would a regular week."

4 hours ago, Thechook said:

Then its game on....since now we do play during the bye's then one can assume only the top 4 teams will play off in the finals...one Joseph and yourself will be disappointed in missing out....

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Then its game on....since now we do play during the bye's then one can assume only the top 4 teams will play off in the finals...one Joseph and yourself will be disappointed in missing out....

We don't play for points during the bye rounds mate... We play each other twice throughout the season, as for how finals works out, that's anyone's guess...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Don't put away the doggy doo spoon yet,,,, Sir Alex.

2 hours ago, kkerry said:

592018a3b110e_Pies22.JPG.cc1945aa06e85a669ebeaaad3db5ed11.JPG592018aa01301_Pies11.JPG.bac2b6e628efa5e146192d194b6014e5.JPGPies fans leaving the MCG at quarter time...

"Called it" too soon...

before the Pie's got the GoGo  juice 

and the Hawke's the nana nap pills 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Chooks will be spitting chips with his mate Paddy being included in the side this week. Probably cost the Saints a handful of goals.

Swannies getting back to their best or were the Saints just shithouse today?

EDIT: having said that Chooks took the Swans today so probably had a bit of Nostradamus moment ;)

The moment that useless piece of excrement McCartin was named in the side I knew the game was over.  That turd is the worst player in the history of the game to ever pull on a jumper.  Yes I picked the swans purely because the useless maggot was playing.  The saints have never won when that tird was playing

Why the saints hang onto this retarded piece of excrement I don't knoe

• Like 2

The half time Fantasy report..

Joseph 1102 giving the Dee's some stick 1246, well who would have thought? a resurging jo finding some form after plucking the CHOOK...well its a tight one but the Dee's are well stocked with heavy artillery so expecting to blow the lad out of the water before games end...

Chooks 1593 and almost out of bullets against Optus 1713, cruising just a slight yawn....put down your glasses and break out the Brandy.

Rips 1340 and all his faith in the Dockers tomorrow against Grant 1673 a tight contest indeed the 2 Swans sliding around the pond together, history says Grant should be able to hold off Rip.

Fj 1453 should hold off Gaz 1271 Fj's captain Mitchel blitzing for an astonishing 354 points today.... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Join in the chorus,sing it one and all.

Melbourne dropped the ball.:partytime2:

I normally dont comment on the umpires as its a tough job.....but today they were still in Shanghai at one point early in the last quarter it was 20 frees to North 9 to the Dee's...why that joker wasn't reported for the punch to Vince and he had to leave the ground i dont know...Bugg was roughed up as well face handled and pushed...no love lost the Dee's came at them hard in the second umpiring was one of the lesser displays by the maggots I've seen...

The loss can be partly contributed to the men in yellow and grey, Jack was off the boil totally today no impact at all Bugg is a defender end of the story...was it 4 behinds? 3 from set shots? The youngsters are having trouble putting 4 quarters together we showed enough to show North are nothing much....you donthave much to get excited about Fj they are just another ordinary team trying to make the the 8.

• Like 2