Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

38 minutes ago, optad said:

Well, it was a short round but enough for Joe to bite back.

A great round sees Joe leap frogs Ron and assume a position he has held most of the season. 5 out of six this week is a good effort and challenges Oxydom’s info smarts in the regular comp.

FJ is proving how egalitarian TV mobs are, when you be ranked last in one comp and lead the other despite the material choices being exactly the same!!

Anyhow, Ron and Joe still command a nice break from the scurrying waterboys behind. Only half way though…

Punter

Long range 11

LR cumulative

Weekly tip tote

Tipping total

Joe

Ron

Alex

Gazza

Rip

Opt

The beauty of the long range is you can't change your tips:smile:

The weekly tipping is a case of fall behind in the 1st 6 rounds working out who is where then spend the rest of the season picking losers in hope of catching up.Which never works:sad:

I still have Gazman in my sights but only just,

• Like 1

Looks like the AFL's had a gutful of the jumper punches handing Tommy Hawkins a week on the sidelines.

In other news, Matt Crouch has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series and Chris Scott is set to reprise his role as the Incredible Hulk on AFL 360 tonight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

Unless you've got 4 premierships like Alastair Clarkson.

Then you can pretty much do what you like:smile:

Clarko.gif

He will soon use up all his lives......harking back to the trade period of last season the Hawks did what they have never done......very un Hawathorn the party is over his days are numbered....a couple of years.......he should do the smart thing like Lyon and jump ship if he wants to keep coaching.

19 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Looks like the AFL's had a gutful of the jumper punches handing Tommy Hawkins a week on the sidelines.

In other news, Matt Crouch has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series and Chris Scott is set to reprise his role as the Incredible Hulk on AFL 360 tonight.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

Saw Scott on AFL360last night.

He said Hawkins didn't punch him, he pushed him.

Then I spat out the M&M's when Gerard Wheatley said "he doesn't believe Hawkins tried to

deliberately punch him".

I know he supports Geelong but where is the credibility <deleted>!

Then Jimmy Bartel comes out with "(The Hawkins call) definitely wasn't an easy decision at all." 

After the statement by the AFL 2 weeks ago, I don't see how it could've been a hard call.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

"The HEAT is on".......Priddis out of contract seasons end, less time on the ball stats down woe is me.......Simo has a raft of players coming out of contract, The Age state's Priddis 32 and Mitchell must be 36 by now cant play together,  its all over red rover the wheelie bins will be arriving soon Centrelink already planning an expansion of the yet unfinished offices near by to the Eagles training ground...

Mitchell has a 4 year iron clad sercure deal (amazing) so could be running around the paddock even next year two bright spots on the horizon for Simo and the Eagles is Jaraod Wait down there at North a fine performer and 16 goals from 4 games this year and the high flying in the best form of his career Cam Pederson both out of contract seasons end and unlikely to be at there respective clubs next year....time to make a move Simo....get 2 players capable of securing at least 4 goals a game with Cam's duel roll  as a forward and ruck.....

Half season report....Eagles to Finnish 11th.

Tigers mid season report card shows an A...wow so bold....they have a reasonably easier run home than the Dee's thats for sure.

Content down so throw in some filler...the Age talk about State of Origin....even puts up an Allied team....well thats not Origin football, there were only 3 teams it...SA, WA and The Vic's...great games i did see and the big V didn't get it all there way i liked the concept but in the modern era its dead, RIP, only the yanks have something like it which is the end of season game between conferences no other code anywhere else even bothered to think it was a good idea.

Apple unveil new exciting range of pc's a new iMac at just a tad over $6600, with the speed of a bullet and the processing power of the whole AFL combined....been waiting to see what they came up with the MacBook air.....cute little thing that weighs 1,5kgs lighter than my iPad air with keyboard....great for slow moments in Thailand that will allow me to download stuff....

Not much interesting stuff in the paper today except for WCE and Apple...

Former Premier League footballer aged just 30 Cheick Tiote and Ivory Cost international  died at training at his Chinese club yesterday, being fit and obviously healthy wont sercure you a ticket to old age hey WILL....

Aaron Mooy who we should all be watching out for may be come Australia's most recognised sportsman only 26 on loan from Manchester City to Huddersfield playing future is up in limbo...City could decide to sell him and would make a handsome profit or re loan back to newly promoted Huddersfield or bring into the City squad...maybe Simo could get his release since we dont do loans in the AFL as the Eagles Midfield is not what it use to be...a sharp precision focused accurate kick Mooy would be a great inclusion in the West after suffering freezing condions in England.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

My take is the MRP will cost a side a GF if this nonsense continues.

I fail to see how there was more intent than Jones the week before(although happy as he is in my fantasy team).

4 umps,i understand a behind the play being reviewed by MRP but when it happens in their face they have to put their balls on the line(if they have any) 

Is there no common sense left in the world today,i know it's not bred into people here but thought there might be a little bit of hope left in Aus.

1 minute ago, farmerjo said:

I fail to see how there was more intent than Jones the week before(although happy as he is in my fantasy team).

4 umps,i understand a behind the play being reviewed by MRP but when it happens in their face they have to put their balls on the line(if they have any) 

Is there no common sense left in the world today,i know it's not bred into people here but thought there might be a little bit of hope left in Aus.

Any roughing up above the neck should be reportable...jumper punches was the answer to clobbering someone without actually getting reported 2 weeks to late.....as per normal the AFL lack spine and leadership, go back to the North Dee game...the face pushing on Bugg...Vince getting jumper punched in my mind were reportable...bitter taste in my mouth, play hard but play fair.....

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

To be fair, Mitchell's contract is 4 years which includes the balance as an assistant coach.

So if he goes again next year, he will have 2 years left as an assistant.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

I reckon Mitchell would've been highly sought after as an assistant.

The worst thing about WC was that Petrie and Mitchell were in their best 6.

Time to put a line through Masten, LeCras, Priddis etc and play some youth.

WC are a vanilla club.

The captain typifies it.

Shannon who?

As i predicted young WILL......the Eagles era is coming to an end, back to the drawing board, Mitchell should not have got a playing contract at the Eagles or anywhere else but the Hawks, at his age he's only there temporary then his holding back guys....Dee's had Steff Martin on the books they let him go to the Lions been a leading ruckman for a while now...why...hanging on to that hack Jamar who only ever had one decent season in the 12 he was there with mountain man years away......

Im not so sure that Lewis has been great for us either...i havent seen anything that he has done that someone else cant do maybe in moments in a game he's steady thats about it...maybe its his presence as an experienced head  but then were a young team not so at the Coast...

• Like 1

The scary thing with the Eagles is when the stars align with Zenith there good is very good.(that's normally against North)

Still have memories of Lecras shirking the issue in their last GF. 

I still believe 18 teams is to many,simply not enough good players to go round and replace the ageing vets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

The main difference is that Hawkins I thought went a bit higher than the Zak Jones incident and Crouch went down like he'd been shot.

I don't know why Dangerfield and Scott are crying though.

Just tell your players not to punch.

It's not that hard is it?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

As i predicted young WILL......the Eagles era is coming to an end, back to the drawing board, Mitchell should not have got a playing contract at the Eagles or anywhere else but the Hawks, at his age he's only there temporary then his holding back guys....Dee's had Steff Martin on the books they let him go to the Lions been a leading ruckman for a while now...why...hanging on to that hack Jamar who only ever had one decent season in the 12 he was there with mountain man years away......

Im not so sure that Lewis has been great for us either...i havent seen anything that he has done that someone else cant do maybe in moments in a game he's steady thats about it...maybe its his presence as an experienced head  but then were a young team not so at the Coast...

One of our biggest problems is that our 2 most influential players in Nic Nat and Kennedy are out and we don't have the depth to cover them.

Nic Nat is our extra midfielder in what is a poor midfield already.

Darling is soft and Hill and Cripps aren't much better TBH.

Melbourne have Gawn and Hogan out but still have a very good midfield whereas we don't.

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

WC are a vanilla club.

The captain typifies it.

Shannon who?

Harsh,,,   

WEAGLES:

31 years AFL.

3 Premierships

5 Grand Finals

3 Brownlow’s,,  5 runners up..

4 Norm Smith’s

3 Coleman’s

4 Goals of the year

2 Marks of the year

Begat several senior coaches and numerous significent contributors to footy,,

Ha,,   Glass half full.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joboss said:

Harsh,,,   

WEAGLES:

31 years AFL.

3 Premierships

5 Grand Finals

4 Norm Smith’s

3 Coleman’s

4 Goals of the year

2 Marks of the year

Ha,,   Glass half full.

Lets not forget your hardly ever out of the 8 said one former contributor ....is it true?

Cheque book football died with the draft.....the dominance of the Eagles and Crows 5 flags between them is dieing too....courtesy of Gold Coast and GWS...

Apart from Woosher and Malthouse the Eagles dont choose wisely there coach.

And the biggest  single issue is Simo topping up with a pops army this season.....it has never worked in the AFL and it never will.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

One of our biggest problems is that our 2 most influential players in Nic Nat and Kennedy are out and we don't have the depth to cover them.

Nic Nat is our extra midfielder in what is a poor midfield already.

Darling is soft and Hill and Cripps aren't much better TBH.

Melbourne have Gawn and Hogan out but still have a very good midfield whereas we don't.

Awwww..Dee's havent proved anything yet....not one of our mids is in the top 10, we only have one true ruckman, Hibbered is the closet thing we have to a defender but plays more like a defensive mid and we had to steal him from the Bombers, we dont have any smart flankers that can bob up and do some damage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joboss said:

Harsh,,,   

WEAGLES:

31 years AFL.

3 Premierships

5 Grand Finals

4 Norm Smith’s

3 Coleman’s

4 Goals of the year

2 Marks of the year

Ha,,   Glass half full.

I'm not arguing about our great history.

I just think that since the Ben Cousins drug saga, the club has gone conservative.

I think Simpson has done a good job with what he has. Especially if we make the finals again this year.

But the club doesn't seem to have any mongrel in them.  They didn't even recruit Sam Powell-Pepper who

played for East Perth as he was considered a bit of a lad.

We've become a nice club.

Our captain typifies this. A nice fella but not like a Selwood or Hodge that you would follow into battle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

The AFL has dropped the ball as far as the tipping website goes on a thursday night,even ESPN tipping site shows who picked what early in the game.          

When there are Thursday night games they do not show tips until after the game has been completed.. Very poor 

I am going to send them an email. I would suggest others do as well. They advertise showing tips but fail to deliver.

PS  Good win by the Swans. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Fridays's Funnies.....

Some will recall me in deep discussions with BOOKS last year over 2 rock stars to heavy at the Swans....Tippert is gone and was dumped to the reserves. Franklin and Tippet both 30 one has to go, lucky for him there maybe a position for a Ruck forward way over in the west who's training ground is close to a new centreline office....Tippert played some of his best footy when Franklin wasn't playing.....Franklin of course is a megastar dont matter who is in the team....or on the ground....I REST MY CASE.

West Coast Centrelink office handed Mat Priddis a one year extension so will now play on until end of 2018.

Nice work AlexRRR.

A couple of things.

I'm pretty sure Tippet is still under contract and reportedly on around $750 000 per year.

I'm sure the Swans would like to get rid of him but cannot see any takers at that price.

I spat the Coco Pops out this morning when I read we had extended Priddis. For the life of me

I couldn't see the hurry in extending his contract.

Reckon the smart move would've been to wait until the end of the year to see how both him

and the team are going. Norf flicked Boomer and he was playing better footy than Pridda.

What will cap off a good week will be if I read today that we have resigned LeCras.

Reportedly he's holding out for a 2 year extension. I wouldn't give him a year. Time to

clear out the oldies.

The end.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ripstanley said:

When there are Thursday night games they do not show tips until after the game has been completed.. Very poor 

I am going to send them an email. I would suggest others do as well. They advertise showing tips but fail to deliver. 

WOAH!!!!! Steady on lad.   I checked the website at quarter time and the tips were already displayed.

You live in the back blocks of Phayao don't you?  The land that time forgot. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

WOAH!!!!! Steady on lad.   I checked the website at quarter time and the tips were already displayed.

You live in the back blocks of Phayao don't you?  The land that time forgot. 

The tips were on the website but they were last weeks. They did not change until after the match had completed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Nice work AlexRRR.

A couple of things.

I'm pretty sure Tippet is still under contract and reportedly on around $750 000 per year.

I'm sure the Swans would like to get rid of him but cannot see any takers at that price.

I spat the Coco Pops out this morning when I read we had extended Priddis. For the life of me

I couldn't see the hurry in extending his contract.

Reckon the smart move would've been to wait until the end of the year to see how both him

and the team are going. Norf flicked Boomer and he was playing better footy than Pridda.

What will cap off a good week will be if I read today that we have resigned LeCras.

Reportedly he's holding out for a 2 year extension. I wouldn't give him a year. Time to

clear out the oldies.

The end.

Last night on Fox sport they were saying Tippett was on $ 850,000 and he is contracted to end of 2018

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

Last night on Fox sport they were saying Tippett was on $ 850,000 and he is contracted to end of 2018

Someone would be happy to take him if he wanted to go...not uncommon for the old club to top up the play packet of departed player IE....the Dee's did it for there departing brownlow medalist Wowoooooowoden "scratch my head" why they let him go...think the Pussy Pies are doing the same for Cloke...

1 hour ago, ripstanley said:

The tips were on the website but they were last weeks. They did not change until after the match had completed.

I can only comment on what information was available to me on the website last night, which is consistent with my experiences previously.

My VIEW TIPS page showed the Round 11 tips when I checked at quarter time.   So, I clicked on the Round 11 icon, scrolled down to Round 12 (LIVE) as per the photo below, and clicked on that to display the first game's tips for that round.

I have noted that viewing members' live tips can be really slow on a Saturday afternoon when there are a few games running at the same time.   No doubt a lot more data coming in that has to be processed.

DSC00025.JPG

• Like 2