Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

The theory is....a 2 week resting  does not bode a team well going on last years effort....GWS have the talent to make the GF and i though it did them more good than harm to loose there first final, Tigers should do well maybe not enough finals experience to go one more...

Cats...sometimes awesome sometimes average, they played there best game of the final series this week havent put 3 top games together all season, you can bet Demon bound Lever will pick up Dangerfield if he goes forward again, Scott has played his Donald card the MacBook pros are working overtime to counter it, Crows @ home gives them a 3 goal advantage before the first bounce plus there rested, should just do enough to get over the line....so its possible an all interstate GF this year going on my formula...Chemistry wasn't a good subject for me at collage though i didn't mind the time Brother Clement passed around a jar for each of us to spit into....Boys will be boys..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Radar501 said:

I'll jump in first.       G-long v. Richmond Grand Final.

Adelaide Crows # 1 ticket holder is Lleyton Hewitt.  Spell his name backwards, you get  Not yell.

C'MON!!!

Richmond defeated the Box Hill Hawks yesterday and are through to the VFL grand final next saturday at Ethiad.  If they defeat GWS they have a real chance of taking firsts and seconds flags

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The theory is....a 2 week resting  does not bode a team well going on last years effort....GWS have the talent to make the GF and i though it did them more good than harm to loose there first final, Tigers should do well maybe not enough finals experience to go one more...

Cats...sometimes awesome sometimes average, they played there best game of the final series this week havent put 3 top games together all season, you can bet Demon bound Lever will pick up Dangerfield if he goes forward again, Scott has played his Donald card the MacBook pros are working overtime to counter it, Crows @ home gives them a 3 goal advantage before the first bounce plus there rested, should just do enough to get over the line....so its possible an all interstate GF this year going on my formula...Chemistry wasn't a good subject for me at collage though i didn't mind the time Brother Clement passed around a jar for each of us to spit into....Boys will be boys..

Are you giving Oliver to Carlton to secure Lever in a 3 way trade

The words out down at Seaford is a 10 year multi million dollar contract is going on the table to keep a former number 1 draft pick with oodles of promise tied up for ever, they dont want someone else to get him as there still expecting him to take over from saint Nick any time soon...someday ....in a far off planet....will be the messiah they have been waiting for....one day....apparently it will be bigger than Buddys and Dustys combined.....

WILL what a shocker.....glad i was too busy to tune in....Cam Pederson out of contract coming off his best year ever...we have several others in there prime that could go west...i hear the surfs exceptional way over there...

Dee's looking for some steel may plunder the bombers again 10/10 score card for Good's selecting Hibbered and Mesham...insider trading.....here we goooooo

7 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I felt a bit for the Eagles getting a drubbing,9 day break v short break and travel.

Well they got the best out of what they could this season and finished over achievers.

I still would of played Nic N not that it would of won the game.

What were you feeling Fj? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

WILL what a shocker.....glad i was too busy to tune in....Cam Pederson out of contract coming off his best year ever...we have several others in there prime that could go west...i hear the surfs exceptional way over there...

Must admit I saw it coming but was hoping it didn't.

Fourth versus eight said a lot. Travelling two times doesn't help with an

aging midfield against a good running side like GWS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Must admit I saw it coming but was hoping it didn't.

Fourth versus eight said a lot. Travelling two times doesn't help with an

aging midfield against a good running side like GWS.

Imagine.....could have been us getting the canning last night...at least GWS did it to you we got it from the Pies.......

• Like 2

The Tackle

1. Stephen Coniglio

Such a critical player for the Giants. He works both ways, is terrific at the contest and continually knocks up getting the ball. Had 35 disposals, seven tackles, eight clearances and 11 score involvements and while he isn’t a red-light tagger, he probably will be asked to be mindful of Dustin Martin this week. There’s a bunch of match-ups to savour this week, but if Coniglio can restrict Martin to, say, 20 touches, then the Giants have a foot in the Grand Final.

2. No excuses

West Coast coach Adam Simpson was asked if his players were tired, if the overtime game against Port Adelaide had caught up with them and they were emotionally drained. Simpson didn’t reach for the excuse book.

“They were exceptional and we got nowhere near it,’’ he said. “We tried to work off the resilience and the spirit we’ve been working towards since the bye, it didn’t matter that we had to travel a couple of weeks in a row. Tonight we weren’t good enough.’’

Again, classy in defeat from a coach.

3. Cats on rebound

It is well documented how well the Cats respond after a defeat and it should be well documented that the Cats midfield isn’t just “Dangerwood”. With Patrick Dangerfield forward and Joel Selwood playing injured, the rest of the Cats midfield responded. The week before against Richmond, with Danger in the middle, Geelong lost the contested footy by 19 — their worst differential of the season. The Cats bounced back against Sydney, winning it by 25 — their fourth best differential of the season. They did it on the inside and outside. They won the uncontested possession count by 110, took 129 marks and 114 uncontested marks.

4. Zac Smith

Who knows how Chris Scott and Zac Smith combine to motivate the big ruckman, but when he’s up and about and aggressive he is vitally important to the Geelong midfield. Sometimes it seems Smith is going through the motions, other times he looks like he could play a role in Full Metal Jacket as a demonic infantry intern. Nineteen disposals, 10 contested, four clearances and six score involvements meant he, Taylor and Lachie Henderson were the three best big men on the ground.

DISLIKES

1. Swans at the MCG

Much was made of Geelong’s record at the MCG compared to Simonds Stadium, but what of the Sydney players who continue to flounder on the game’s biggest stage. In finals played at the MCG since 2011, Dan Hannebery averages 74 ranking points from seven games, Luke Parker is 67 from seven games, Gary Rohan 45 from six games, Sam Reid 47 from four and Tom Papley 61 from three. The worry is the first two players, the major concern is Rohan, who everyone says has the wheels for the MCG but just can’t get it going there.

2. The coaching box

It’s easy in hindsight and from the cheap seats, but was Sydney coach John Longmire imaginative enough as the game slipped away in the second quarter? Reid back as the spare is his signature move, but maybe Lance Franklin up to a wing to scare the opposition and Parker one out at full-forward, a shut down to Duncan? Coaches have faith in their players, but this game changed quickly on the scoreboard and maybe Longmire had too much faith before the game was lost for good.

3. Lewis Jetta

Has regained respect in the footy world after some outstanding recent efforts and the Eagles needed another one from him if they were to beat the Giants. It didn’t happen. Just seven touches from him. Just 10 from Jamie Cripps. Jack Darling had a poor one. But it wasn’t their fault alone. If the Eagles midfield put in the necessary pressure the game could have flowed somewhat their way.

4. S-s-s-s-s-ooorrrrrryyyyy

How many are going to say it? How many will acknowledge they got it wrong on Stevie J? He kicked six goals in a final when most observers said he should never play again. Can hear it now. That it was junk time after halftime, that he won’t go near it this week, that it was one last lightning bolt in a brilliant career. That’s OK, but at least acknowledge the champ stood up when he was told he couldn’t.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

The words out down at Seaford is a 10 year multi million dollar contract is going on the table to keep a former number 1 draft pick with oodles of promise tied up for ever, they dont want someone else to get him as there still expecting him to take over from saint Nick any time soon...someday ....in a far off planet....will be the messiah they have been waiting for....one day....apparently it will be bigger than Buddys and Dustys combined.....

Geez you blokes can't even off load Jack Watts.  Saints have already said no as we have to many jacks already.  We did offer McCartin free to the demons so they can roll the two number 1 pick duds into one and possibly get a slab at a garage sale.

Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph believes the market for out-of-favour Melbourne forward Jack Watts is limited to the league’s also-rans.

The trade rumour mill has the Demons keen to off-load the former first round draft pick in the wake of a season that started promisingly but ended in being dropped late in the year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/18/market-limited-for-demon-star-says-ralph/

• Like 1

I'm starting to wonder if North resigning the coach was a good move.

Our B&F was Higgins,one of Scott's prize recruits who averages mid 20's in disposals and his goal kicking let him down at crucial times during games.

With a bucket load of money to spend we still can't attract any elite players to the club.

Stringer looks set to go to a bigger membership Vic club so the cupboard looks a little bare now.

I still think Allir and Armitage are worth pursuing but not elite class.

I think we have a good forward line mix and some young backline players coming through.

So it's good decision makers with elite skills in the centre we need.

Down the road Melbourne seem to be able to attract them and they haven't tasted success since well long before i was born.

Is it the attraction of being at a MCG home ground club? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, farmerjo said:

Our B&F was Higgins,one of Scott's prize recruits who averages mid 20's in disposals and his goal kicking let him down at crucial times during games.

With a bucket load of money to spend we still can't attract any elite players to the club.

Stringer looks set to go to a bigger membership Vic club so the cupboard looks a little bare now.

I think we have a good forward line mix and some young backline players coming through.

Down the road Melbourne seem to be able to attract them and they haven't tasted success since well long before i was born.

I think Scott has been there too long.

Reckon he's done an average job TBH.

From an outsider, Norf just don't seem like a destination club to go to.

A small supporter base and not much promise.

If you're Victorian kid, I can see Richmond, Melbourne, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon and Collingwood as better options.

I put Norf in the same boat as the WB's and Saint's.

The Bulldogs and Saints have  better lists though.

I know what it's like not being a destination club.

WC can really only attract Western Australian players (apart from the draft of course)

and now most of them seem to prefer Freo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Awwww your joshing me.....you hide your age well Fj......no mate the Dee's can do it, was able to get brownlow medalist Peter More from the Pies and won an other BM with us, Kelvin Templeton too through he was an injured hack but then, and the list continues...might have something to do with a combination of 12 flags with the blue rinse set well entrenched in the club, good business connections after they hang up the boots, MCG is high up though it dont count that much now with everyone playing at super size stadiums, unlike the wetlands of Morabbin or the dustbowl that was the Western Oval and lets not forget Windy Hill it didn't get its name because it was nestled into a valley....

North are not attractive cause of your coach.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 8:17 PM, Thechook said:

Geez you blokes can't even off load Jack Watts.  Saints have already said no as we have to many jacks already.  We did offer McCartin free to the demons so they can roll the two number 1 pick duds into one and possibly get a slab at a garage sale.

Herald Sun journalist Jon Ralph believes the market for out-of-favour Melbourne forward Jack Watts is limited to the league’s also-rans.

The trade rumour mill has the Demons keen to off-load the former first round draft pick in the wake of a season that started promisingly but ended in being dropped late in the year.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/18/market-limited-for-demon-star-says-ralph/

Its a tactic J Watts was very good until injured, Lever is a defender Watts a mid/forward its a no brainer, lot of clubs test the waters, its a bored journo with little to write about very normal fodder for the soon coming off season...

You wouldn't want to give away McCartin fella he might come back to haunt you, he is most obviously not a forward play the guy where the action is worked for J Watts, plenty of guys might have been star junior forwards end up making a defensive gig there bit, Richo is playing him out of position...by the way i heard there extending Richo's contract....the nephew's been feeding you wrong info Mr NostroChook.....

Ps.....Jetta at the Dee's and the older brother or cousin or something of the other Jetta was for years seen as  a small crumming forward, just never could string more than 4 games together in and out,  like over what seemed like life time....in comes Paul Roo's, has a good look at him decides to stick him in the back pocket  4 years later one of the best small defenders in the league and has only missed games through injury...

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 2