Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

• 2 weeks later...

Ho dear....havent got a lot to look forward too....no tackling, no pressure just run and kick match simulation, "make me look like a star" play, who's 45? and that sting bean who took 2 hrs to turn and kick a goal....8 weeks to go........think I will follow the Swans this year...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Ho dear....havent got a lot to look forward too....no tackling, no pressure just run and kick match simulation, "make me look like a star" play, who's 45? and that sting bean who took 2 hrs to turn and kick a goal....8 weeks to go........think I will follow the Swans this year...

Come over to the West Uncle Alex.

You know you want to.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Come over to the West Uncle Alex.

You know you want to.

hahaha yes im a sucker for the under dog....hey I like WCE would like them better if they dropped that mid blue with wings...once they had a darker blue with a vertical stripe that was ok..ive barracked for you guys in a couple of GF's.

You realise Aussie rules team supporters are so meek, the venom the hate for Man Untied manager has reached fever pitch, they turn on a 6prence over there, love you while your winning wanna kill you when you loosing, the knives were coming out for Ange P with no wins in 4 games....saved for a week with 4-1 Newcastle win...

Browns making hard work of it, (well there on there 4th quarterback for the year now, going down like 9 pins in Cleavland)Bills too....gees Washington....talk about haven't got a clue.....im not having a good year this year...

• Like 1

Dare say there are a few bored Aussie expats waiting for kick off....the properganda mill is working over time at Deeland, Simon says "we are working on winning finals, but we won't focus on winning finals at this stage, because if we do that now we won't get there then" something like that, talking to the converted of course, hanging on every word but we all know the Demons have missed the bus, that window is like a louver not a sliding one, Ben Brown cant fit through, thanks once again Fj for supplying our Premiership full forward for a song and a half, yes the window is really tight now, May better back up his big mouth in the new season and give up the piss for the year, think if were doing anything other than making up numbers in the bottom half of the 8 we are doing really well....

No wild predictions this year, I got use to winning so loosing got hard to take, now we are back to normal any win is a great win...

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 2:58 PM, Will27 said:

Yeah well there would be 96 clause's in that contract...with a get out of jail clause thrown in......getting common around the globe, except at the Browns.....they so desperate for a half decent quarterback swooped on Deshaun Watson, they started more quarterbacks since they reformed than the club started a new season, mind you he turned them down the first time and was looking like heading to the Falcons when they came back and surprised everyone with a 5 year 230m fully guaranteed contract...sat out one year looking for a new club as well as fighting allegations of going through 25 masseurs all women and I will spare you the details, goes to the Browns only to be suspended for being naughty and bring the league into disrepute for I think 11 games starts the last 4 or 5 games of the season rusty as hell and everyones going this guy just got 55m to turn up today....second season (on 230M) and gets injured twice...out for I think 4 games total then starts looking like the beast that everyone thought he was then around round 12 gets injured again and out for the season....to his credit played a fantastic game 2 injuries before half time, one a foot when someone fell across it and another got hit on his throwing shoulder, played no drugs I believe and wanted to play out the year....but quack said son...you get hit there again your finished, not only do they have to pay for him but his surgery too.....no get out of jail clauses there...he is an exception...generational....as long as they can keep him healthy which means they will need to invest a couple of hundred million on a couple of elephants you know them 400 ponder line men to protect there investment....

Well we put a few on lifetime superannuation benefits too so you hope there are clauses and get out off jail clauses hey...

Seems all is quite on the western front....De Grey so far  has been able to stay out of the media....Oliver too....

2024 Free agents......

Restricted GWS  Sam Taylor....

Think there all restricted...Blues Tom De Koning...

Dogs Magical Marcus Bontempelli....you can dream guys.....15 m for 10 ys ....Dogs won't give him up...

"Harry" Harrison Petty Demons...Crows are a sniffing, pretty sure they will throw big money at this guy, well they did last trade period,  still a kid and plays key position both ends, I think its more what will it take to keep him rather than what will it take to get him, would be a big blow to us so im expecting the dam busters to come in here...

Oscar Allen, WCE yeah well they die before they leave Perth so in the bag...

Luke Davies-Uniacke North....enough buzz around Arden st for the fella to stay id say...

Andy Bradshaw, Freo, West Aussies the Brashaws are we have the gem of the pack....expect to sit pretty since everyone else has gone and wouldn't look a good fit for Mr Bell if another senior is on the move...

Jacob Weitering Blues

Harris Andrews Lions

Sam Draper Dons

James Worpel Hawks

Cam Rayner Lions

Ed Richards Dogs

Darcey Fogarty Crows

Noah Balta Tigers

No tall key forwards but ours so id say we won't go shopping this year...

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_of_contract_players?year=2024

out of contract at your club in 2024...and not up to date.....

OOOOoooooo big Tom Macca well you know the deal......last year of your deal you play like the devil went down to Georgia or the way IDF are hitting Hamas or or or or wonder if he's still only eating red meat....I mean only.......Bennie Brown too...Sparrow too......think they signed him...Crows like him big time...Ed Langdon.....druggie Joel Smith....

Tiss the week before Xmas.....in BKK over the weekend and downtown is lit up....plz dont as me about how they and in particular Apple operate in the land of smiles....just trying to get a battery replacement for my MacBook suprisingly cheaper at Apple than the local Crookes...thieves.....local Apple repair mafia, google maps is amazing....this joint was getting 1 good review to 5 bad...sitting waiting for them to have alookie see was seriously amused by the reviews...in the olden days they were known as highway bandits...now facing a third trip to BKK think the hands up give me your money would have worked out cheaper...well I used the trip for a Weeknd away.....twice.....but its long in the tooth now boys...what is it in Thailand? They only give you enough info to get you to the next step...one thing this place teaches you to is....relax...thats after you pulled all you haircut and realise its not going to change...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Yeah well there would be 96 clause's in that contract...with a get out of jail clause thrown in......getting common around the globe, except at the Browns.....they so desperate for a half decent quarterback swooped on Deshaun Watson, they started more quarterbacks since they reformed than the club started a new season, mind you he turned them down the first time and was looking like heading to the Falcons when they came back and surprised everyone with a 5 year 230m fully guaranteed contract...sat out one year looking for a new club as well as fighting allegations of going through 25 masseurs all women and I will spare you the details, goes to the Browns only to be suspended for being naughty and bring the league into disrepute for I think 11 games starts the last 4 or 5 games of the season rusty as hell and everyones going this guy just got 55m to turn up today....second season (on 230M) and gets injured twice...out for I think 4 games total then starts looking like the beast that everyone thought he was then around round 12 gets injured again and out for the season....to his credit played a fantastic game 2 injuries before half time, one a foot when someone fell across it and another got hit on his throwing shoulder, played no drugs I believe and wanted to play out the year....but quack said son...you get hit there again your finished, not only do they have to pay for him but his surgery too.....no get out of jail clauses there...he is an exception...generational....as long as they can keep him healthy which means they will need to invest a couple of hundred million on a couple of elephants you know them 400 ponder line men to protect there investment....

Well we put a few on lifetime superannuation benefits too so you hope there are clauses and get out off jail clauses hey...

Seems all is quite on the western front....De Grey so far  has been able to stay out of the media....Oliver too....

2024 Free agents......

Restricted GWS  Sam Taylor....

Think there all restricted...Blues Tom De Koning...

Dogs Magical Marcus Bontempelli....you can dream guys.....15 m for 10 ys ....Dogs won't give him up...

"Harry" Harrison Petty Demons...Crows are a sniffing, pretty sure they will throw big money at this guy, well they did last trade period,  still a kid and plays key position both ends, I think its more what will it take to keep him rather than what will it take to get him, would be a big blow to us so im expecting the dam busters to come in here...

Oscar Allen, WCE yeah well they die before they leave Perth so in the bag...

Luke Davies-Uniacke North....enough buzz around Arden st for the fella to stay id say...

Andy Bradshaw, Freo, West Aussies the Brashaws are we have the gem of the pack....expect to sit pretty since everyone else has gone and wouldn't look a good fit for Mr Bell if another senior is on the move...

Jacob Weitering Blues

Harris Andrews Lions

Sam Draper Dons

James Worpel Hawks

Cam Rayner Lions

Ed Richards Dogs

Darcey Fogarty Crows

Noah Balta Tigers

No tall key forwards but ours so id say we won't go shopping this year...

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/out_of_contract_players?year=2024

out of contract at your club in 2024...and not up to date.....

OOOOoooooo big Tom Macca well you know the deal......last year of your deal you play like the devil went down to Georgia or the way IDF are hitting Hamas or or or or wonder if he's still only eating red meat....I mean only.......Bennie Brown too...Sparrow too......think they signed him...Crows like him big time...Ed Langdon.....druggie Joel Smith....

Tiss the week before Xmas.....in BKK over the weekend and downtown is lit up....plz dont as me about how they and in particular Apple operate in the land of smiles....just trying to get a battery replacement for my MacBook suprisingly cheaper at Apple than the local Crookes...thieves.....local Apple repair mafia, google maps is amazing....this joint was getting 1 good review to 5 bad...sitting waiting for them to have alookie see was seriously amused by the reviews...in the olden days they were known as highway bandits...now facing a third trip to BKK think the hands up give me your money would have worked out cheaper...well I used the trip for a Weeknd away.....twice.....but its long in the tooth now boys...what is it in Thailand? They only give you enough info to get you to the next step...one thing this place teaches you to is....relax...thats after you pulled all you haircut and realise its not going to change...

Oliver has been in the headlines. Fronts court in the New Year.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/clayton-oliver-reportedly-charged-by-police-as-tumultuous-offseason-continues/news-story/b951662848af30705134c5bf01c7e0f6

• Like 1

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the-maynard-rule-afl-proposes-tribunal-tweaks-crackdown-on-high-contact-after-finals-furore/news-story/e73c523e1ddee9c6a1aa228a1d929e43

I must come from another planet because I thought Maynard should have got rubbed out, and I need 3 sets of glasses cause what I saw was brutal, but obviously not.....divided the consensus was now the tinkering AFL have decided 3 months later that it was a red card incident.........

Only a Pie supporter would have deemed that non malice and the guy has a record as long as my arm, looking back Grinter, Barry Hall and a few others only had to look sidways to get a booking....mate you launch yourself like a missile you should be gone....and lets not forget the dropping of the right shoulder..

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What's going on in Melbourne land Uncle Alex?

Sounds like West Coast circa 2006.

AFL 2024: Melbourne footballer Joel Smith accused of cocaine trafficking

The failed drugs test probe into Melbourne’s Joel Smith has taken a dramatic turn, with anti-doping investigators accusing the Demon of cocaine trafficking. See how the AFL responded.
Anti-doping investigators have accused Melbourne footballer Joel Smith of cocaine trafficking in a dramatic escalation of his failed drugs test probe.

After reviewing his phone, Sport Integrity Australia officials have uncovered multiple text messages sent by Smith referencing cocaine.
In one message to Demons teammates last year, he ­offered them a quantity of the drug, it is alleged.

This masthead has not confirmed how many Melbourne players the SMS was sent to, or the amount of ­cocaine he offered.
SIA has asserted to Smith that he has violated several anti-doping rules and asked him to respond by mid-March, before it delivers a finding.
The league is understood to be awaiting the outcome of the SIA probe, with the case potentially going to an AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Allegations and evidence could also be referred to police.
The AFL put out a statement on Tuesday, after the Herald Sun revealed the bombshell development.

“The AFL confirms that further Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs) have been asserted against Joel Smith of the Melbourne Football Club under the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code,” the statement said.
“Sport Integrity Australia (SIA) has notified Smith that three ADRVs for “Trafficking or Attempted Trafficking” of Cocaine to third parties are asserted against him. Under the Code, Trafficking in an anti-doping context is relevantly defined to be ‘Selling, giving, transporting, sending, delivering or distributing a Prohibited Substance, by an Athlete ... to any third party’...”

Smith would continue to be provisionally suspended pending the finalisation of the case, the AFL said.

“Under the Code, the new asserted ADRVs will be further investigated by SIA and these matters may ultimately be heard by an AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal in the coming months,” it said.
Smith, 27, was already facing a suspension of two years after testing positive to ­cocaine on a game day late last season.

He was initially hoping for a ban of three months after his positive urine sample was collected when the Demons ­defeated Hawthorn by 27 points at the MCG in round 23.

But the ramifications for Smith could now be much more serious, with a potential four-year ban mooted, while Melbourne also faces questions.
Smith’s management and legal teams ­declined to comment.
A SIA spokesman said the agency would not comment on “operational matters”.

One source close to the probe said Smith should not be “scapegoated” over what they asserted was a wider club issue.
“It looks like they are planning to hang Joel out to dry for behaviour that is commonplace at Melbourne,” the source said.

“It is not unusual for a group of young men who party ­together to share drugs. Joel might be foolish but he’s hardly Tony Mokbel.
“The club should be taking responsibility for what is happening to Joel instead of blaming him in order to cover up a much wider problem. Joel is not a bad apple in a barrel of clean ones – the whole joint is rotten.”

The latest of several off-field blows to Melbourne comes more than three years after former president Glen Bartlett raised concerns with the club board about its culture.

Crisis talks were held with AFL commission chairman Richard Goyder and ex-league boss Gillon McLachlan, but Bartlett was forced out by the board in April 2021.

The club also showed its long-time doctor Zeeshan Arain the door after he raised concerns.

Demons chief executive Gary Pert recently claimed the club’s culture was “the best I’ve seen in 40 years”. His comment came amid significant concerns about Smith’s positive test and the behaviour of teammate Clayton Oliver.

Star midfielder Oliver recently avoided a criminal conviction after being caught driving while his licence was suspended. A court heard he had been suspended after being hospitalised for a seizure, but he had not opened the letter to inform him.

In December, Oliver’s sudden departure from a pre-season camp in Lorne led to a long absence from the club given as being for personal reasons. The four-time best-and-fairest winner returned only three weeks ago.

Smith, the son of Dees high-flyer Shaun Smith, has played 42 games since he was signed as a rookie in 2016.

On 2/22/2024 at 8:36 PM, AlexRRR said:

Not only did we see North end the illustrious career of that native Australian for misdemeanours we and Fj won't talk about,

Very disappointing when your a struggling club.

High draft pick with a heap of games pumped into him with no return.

Would not surprise me if Essendon pick him up or later with Tassie.

Certainly the right decision to let him go,Clarko doesn't need the publicity or the club.

On a brighter note,looking forward to LDU putting a full season together,real Brownlow chance.

Backline and ruck stocks looking  fragile but the game is evolving with more mids playing further back down the field.

Hope the new boys have been practising the team song😀 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Very disappointing when your a struggling club.

High draft pick with a heap of games pumped into him with no return.

Would not surprise me if Essendon pick him up or later with Tassie.

Certainly the right decision to let him go,Clarko doesn't need the publicity or the club.

On a brighter note,looking forward to LDU putting a full season together,real Brownlow chance.

Backline and ruck stocks looking  fragile but the game is evolving with more mids playing further back down the field.

Hope the new boys have been practising the team song😀 

I reckon Thomas will have to play at least a year in a state league before any club even thinks about picking him up FJ.

The PR over it would be a nightmare.

• Thumbs Up 1

What's with this opening round?  8 teams line up this week and then front up again next week.   I would've thought they would have next week off.  After round 1 they have played 2 games and everyone else only 1.  A head start.

1 minute ago, Thechook said:

What's with this opening round?  8 teams line up this week and then front up again next week.   I would've thought they would have next week off.  After round 1 they have played 2 games and everyone else only 1.  A head start.

Over the following rounds those that played this weekend will have a bye. From round 2  on 2 teams will have a bye. They all catch up by round 7.  I think it is a stupid idea. "Round 1"is officially next week.

• Like 1

When South Aussies talk about hard men this guy's name always comes up first.

SA football’s complex cult figure David Granger dies

David Granger died on Thursday, aged 69, having left an indelible mark on South Australian football while becoming a fan favourite at Port Adelaide. His football career was memorable and controversial. So was his life.

https://www.indaily.com.au/sport/2024/03/08/sa-footballs-complex-cult-figure-david-granger-dies?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=InDaily Lunchtime 8 March 2024&utm_content=InDaily Lunchtime 8 March 2024 CID_ccaa79602c6bb08daaf8819a76439c7f&utm_source=EDM&utm_term=SA footballs complex cult figure David Granger dies

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sceadugenga said:

When South Aussies talk about hard men this guy's name always comes up first.

SA football’s complex cult figure David Granger dies

David Granger died on Thursday, aged 69, having left an indelible mark on South Australian football while becoming a fan favourite at Port Adelaide. His football career was memorable and controversial. So was his life.

https://www.indaily.com.au/sport/2024/03/08/sa-footballs-complex-cult-figure-david-granger-dies?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=InDaily Lunchtime 8 March 2024&utm_content=InDaily Lunchtime 8 March 2024 CID_ccaa79602c6bb08daaf8819a76439c7f&utm_source=EDM&utm_term=SA footballs complex cult figure David Granger dies