Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Most successfull player for 2023 player named. 

If I was to offer you a current player Neale, Martin, Degoey, Pendelberry, Daicos, someone else better? Who would you sign up for the new Tasmanian side as headline player/captain.? 

Suppose you gotta include the weazel Toby.

Edited by TimeMachine

12 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Most successfull player for 2023 player named. 

If I was to offer you a current player Neale, Martin, Degoey, Pendelberry, Daicos, someone else better? Who would you sign up for the new Tasmanian side as headline player/captain.? 

Suppose you gotta include the weazel Toby.

I would go local and out of the current players Toby Nankervis would be my choice for a new team.

15 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I would go local and out of the current players Toby Nankervis would be my choice for a new team.

Nice choice. I remember one time when roaming Brian approached him for comment after a game Nanny totally ignored him. Gonna be nice to see Tasmania finally included. Can't wait. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Graham Cornes in the Adelaide Sunday Mail, a rabid anti-Victorian, actually thawed a little.

Football justice has been served. The best team of the year has won the premiership.

Not only that, it has converted many of us who resented the privilege and the entitlement of the AFL’s Magpies.

The team has too many advantages with venues, timeslots and appeal. It is so much easier for Collingwood to attract recruits that can strengthen their list. Nine of today’s premiership team were recruited from other clubs.

But that is an argument for another day.

We have been converted by their new-age coach, Craig McRae, whose optimistic, open approach has changed both the way the coach interacts with his players and communicates with the football public.

Aside from McRae’s charisma, it is Collingwood’s game plan that has been the difference.

Whereas the past decade of AFL football has been built on a foundation of team defences which strangles the opposition and generates congestion, Collingwood celebrates attack.

There is a free-flowing appeal and a genuine attraction to watch the Magpies play.

Some of their rabid supporters can still be hard work but their coach and their team has brought football into a new era.

The pre-game images gave great insight to the connection the McRae has with his players. The contrast in the locker-rooms could not have been more graphic.

McRae was acting as cheerleader as the Collingwood players sang along with Mike Brady’s iconic Up There Cazaly, while the Brisbane room was much more serious.

There was too much frivolity in the Collingwood rooms. You’re not supposed to be so loose before these big occasions.

You certainly can’t laugh or joke.

The old-school coaches would have frowned but you can’t help but love this Collingwood team and their coach.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/collingwood-have-made-converts-of-many-of-us-who-have-long-resented-them-graham-cornes/news-story/056f8733d7ff1dc3d04b253c39d26bbb?amp

• Sad 1

Well Kane........Jackson after 3 ys wanted (well lured with a big pay packet)to go home......and did, Crows trying to prise Petty and Sparrow home as a swap for some dud old forward...let's get real, there is a draft you know Kane.....you can trade pics etc, enough players returned to SA and WA assuming your more or almost a star other wise there not interested, if you're a half decent club and your paying enough players more likely than not will stay put, once free agency really kicks in these bit above average players will just have to go to a club that wants them like Freo wouldn't be interested in Jordan from Dees etc...so he goes north, I just dont buy into Melbourne centric for everything, good clubs win anywhere, Lions have a <deleted>house defence, there maybe bottom of the top 8 for that, they allowed the Pies to score more than 30 times by 3/4 time, the only way the Lions were going to win they needed big games from Cameron, Danaher, Hunter and Neal....at least a few made an effort, Joe if he had of kept it up in the last might've saved they...Pies truly deserved to win that game.....4 solid quarters, Cameron in a pie jumper in Hill.....sim salsa bin laden...

• Like 1

Well there you go cousin Will.....I wasn't the only one thinking along the same lines, Jack I think, Darling was brought up into a news conversation yesterday....got a flag, won't be in the Eagles best 22 when there back should he look to get traded, in hushed tones the Demons were mentioned...so there you go fella.......is he any good? should I keep my fingers crossed?

54 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Well there you go cousin Will.....I wasn't the only one thinking along the same lines, Jack I think, Darling was brought up into a news conversation yesterday....got a flag, won't be in the Eagles best 22 when there back should he look to get traded, in hushed tones the Demons were mentioned...so there you go fella.......is he any good? should I keep my fingers crossed?

Uncle Alex

No chance of Jack moving IMO.

Apart from this year, he's normally pretty good for 40 goals per year.

I reckon Melbourne probably at least play off in the GF if he was playing or you.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Uncle Alex

No chance of Jack moving IMO.

Apart from this year, he's normally pretty good for 40 goals per year.

I reckon Melbourne probably at least play off in the GF if he was playing or you.

Read it twice, (on Darling) all unofficial off course, hush hush......also heard the Dee's are mounting something big...well first round pick has been squashed with North getting a bucket of low rounders and there stated aim to "get it off WCE" and the Weagles saying they will listen,....meaning they want the earth...and good luck to you son...since we were trying to plug a forward gap last trade period its highly likely its on again...

One of them King boys is a FA I believe next year......and Suns need draft capital this year for academy players they're keen on...sim salsa bin laden...

• Like 1

Ahh the best part of the season..........Oliver anyone? Clayton in the poos at the Dee's there saying, didnt rock up to a few events and let's not forget that video footage during his injury spell on the sideline they're using again.....Press...bless their little hearts, trying to stay relevant in the off season......Pick 4 in 2015, 4 best and fairest 3 time all Aussie, glamour boy 2 times coaches player of the year....and yet to start his 7 year million dollar a year contract....only club who could afford him is North as they have picks 2 and 3 and a bucket of next years as well.....would take 3 low rider first rounders and a bag of seconds yes? ahhhh......but hey there is noise.....they say, even Kane got in on it....well there all in on it now....so they will run with this for a few days.....Zero Hanger has even come out with 5 possible landing sports....I just told you the only club that could afford him is North....

Crows, laughable...9, 21, and 24 and next years 1st.....as a Dee list manger id be sending them a blank stare....

Cats....even more of a joke.....just pick 7 and next years....my list manger is chuckling under his breath here....but hey would be the next Selwood...buddy you would have to sell your stadium to get him.....

Saints.....even worse...pick 12...and we are all assuming Dee's are looking to off load the troublesome fella...throw in King and and the next 3 ys first rounders and you might get us talking....

Ooooooo WCE......pick one would replace olie, but them 4 B&F 3 All Aussies and 2 coaches flags...umm...wheres the rest? ahh Darling...and? my list manager has begun to think...

Sydney....well why not, they're always tied to the best and get them.....11 and 23 and a future first won't cut the grass fellas....

Clubs consider the cost......hahaha.....they would burn down the MCG to start with, even worse they would hang the entire coaches panel....... Simon.....unless they were able to bring in King Darling couple of mids from the Lions and my mate Yeo pls that first round pick....sim salsa bin laden.....

• Like 1

Update on Ollie.....it's real...hes unhappy and the Dee's peed off with him....so where to now St Peter? Enough out there now to paint a picture, what to do what to do?

My thoughts? well if he's causing the trouble they say he is...if the mental health is a part of it, hand ball the guy off.....like you wouldn't want him to leave but you cant have a land mine ready to go off in your team too....BUT dont sell him cheap if that's the direction your going in....

Well the press mill has been driven into a frenzy with possible trade routes and compensation....you cringe because they might be over Ollie and take just enough to do a deal elsewhere......one thrown up this morning was Crows this years 9 next years first and MaCadam....holy cow.......we got 2 first and a second rounder for Jackson and handnt even made such strides......thats why I say its cringe time....just peek out below my rock from time to time to see what's going on.....oh me oh my......cross fingers he stays or we get the draft capital he's playing career is worth......

While in Italy I Weill be visiting every cathedral and praying....and off to the Blue Mosque the second I touch town in Istanbul and pray for hours...........Praise be to the exulted one.....

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well we are back....online.......thought id rid myself of you guys but nope......Draft hype is over, so the story was always the Eagles wanted Reid, and they got him, then tried to sell off next years 1st round pick to GWS for Curtin....well I think it was GWS, but Adelaide came a calling...bit pissed we didnt take Curtin (they recon he will play round 1) took a quick winger like the one we traded for nothing to the Eagles a few years ago, and let Curtin fall into the arms of the Crows....

Never mind.....only got about 14 weeks to go, was I seeing right first game of the year is first week of march us against Rip?

Glad to hear from you Uncle Alex.

Yes, WC got Reid, but that's about all.

Missed out on our Academy pick (Collard) as we couldn't bid on him until pick 40.

Meanwhile, GC get 3 Academy picks in the top 15 by bidding on them.

What's the point developing these kids if you can't draft them?

I expect the rules to change for next year, but the horse has bolted for WC and a few other clubs who missed out.

West Coast were historically bad last year and yet in an 18 team competition, their 2nd pick is 30. I'm all for equalization, but FMD.

North, who finished above us had 5 picks in the top 20.

One was a Free Agency pick 3 for that spud Ben McKay.

That's another issue.

So, rant over, what expectations do we have for next year?

I'd think if WC can win 6 games and increase our percentage to around 75%, that would be a pass mark. 

Thank your mother for the rabbits.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Well we are back....online.......thought id rid myself of you guys but nope......Draft hype is over, so the story was always the Eagles wanted Reid, and they got him, then tried to sell off next years 1st round pick to GWS for Curtin....well I think it was GWS, but Adelaide came a calling...bit pissed we didnt take Curtin (they recon he will play round 1) took a quick winger like the one we traded for nothing to the Eagles a few years ago, and let Curtin fall into the arms of the Crows....

Never mind.....only got about 14 weeks to go, was I seeing right first game of the year is first week of march us against Rip?

It will be an interesting game. At the SCG Grundy V some old man sorry just rembered Gawn. Old age is a bitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Glad to hear from you Uncle Alex.

Yes, WC got Reid, but that's about all.

Missed out on our Academy pick (Collard) as we couldn't bid on him until pick 40.

Meanwhile, GC get 3 Academy picks in the top 15 by bidding on them.

What's the point developing these kids if you can't draft them?

I expect the rules to change for next year, but the horse has bolted for WC and a few other clubs who missed out.

West Coast were historically bad last year and yet in an 18 team competition, their 2nd pick is 30. I'm all for equalization, but FMD.

North, who finished above us had 5 picks in the top 20.

One was a Free Agency pick 3 for that spud Ben McKay.

That's another issue.

So, rant over, what expectations do we have for next year?

I'd think if WC can win 6 games and increase our percentage to around 75%, that would be a pass mark. 

Thank your mother for the rabbits.

Well im not up with how the academy kids work but I think if you got them as kids legit then there yours, they shouldn't be in the draft to begin with and.....maybe a limit on how many you can take in the one year...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

It will be an interesting game. At the SCG Grundy V some old man sorry just rembered Gawn. Old age is a bitch.

That old guy can still kick ass...hahaha, just dont count on Grundy kicking more than 4 goals for the year Rip...

Just now, AlexRRR said:

That old guy can still kick ass...hahaha, just dont count on Grundy kicking more than 4 goals for the year Rip...

Actually I see Max as as good as Simon Madden, like Simon took a while to get going and even at the end he was still the best chugging a long in the ruck and around the ground, and as good as J Stynes was, like I never ever seen anyone pretty much just get better each week he was pretty much caput at 31 or 32, though Stynes rally had a off week compared to Max im thinking Max can can go around for maybe 3 more years. 

• Like 1