Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

One round to go.

Rip will admit our campaign in the fantasy was below par,well Rip fared better than me.

Can Alex climb off the bottom in the tipping,i'm nervous this week.

Bob Murphy wants a gay player at Freo,Matilda's having some clout.

Hardwick to Gold Coast,more of the same there.

Would love to see Eagles and North win this week,not that it matters as still getting over us taking Will Phillips instead of Logan McDonald a couple of years a go.

Good luck to those in the finals after the weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will27 said:

Nice one FJ.

Last game of the round is bad timing for WC.

We are just hitting our straps:smile:

Talk about Skullduggery with Hardwick and the Suns.

I'd bet all the tea in China he was offered the gig whilst he was till coaching Richmond.

Bails out half way through the year because he was "worn out" and then signs

a 6 year deal at a million per year 3 months later.

Move on, nothing to see here.

Desperately want Norf to beat GC in Tasmania and for WC to lose a close one to the Crows

so we can nab Harly Reid.

Either way, I'll spew if we sack Simmo.

At least give him next year to see an improvement.

This year's injury list has been obscene.

Bringing in a new coach now is setting him up for failure.

Time for the prefinals bye to go.

Sides out of contention are "resting" players anyway.

Good luck gangsters.

12 hours ago, farmerjo said:

One round to go.

Rip will admit our campaign in the fantasy was below par,well Rip fared better than me.

Can Alex climb off the bottom in the tipping,i'm nervous this week.

Bob Murphy wants a gay player at Freo,Matilda's having some clout.

Hardwick to Gold Coast,more of the same there.

Would love to see Eagles and North win this week,not that it matters as still getting over us taking Will Phillips instead of Logan McDonald a couple of years a go.

Good luck to those in the finals after the weekend.

You dont have to worry about me finnishing any higer than stone motherless last sir, i want to feel how you often feel sir, a new experiance it is, ho and i think its amazing i wont the tipping 3 out out off 24 times and have the lowest margin and still comes last......By the way i am lobbying for Will to have a handicap of at least 5 for next season....10 would be better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlexRRR said:

Well its like this Rip, i decided to not be negative towards the coach sometime ago, unlike Will who has an unshaklable belief that Simo is the man to lead them out of Egypt and on to the promise land while we wont mention he was one of the ones orchestrating them getting lost in the desert in the first place nor his poor body language after games, that looked like "i give up" meanwhile the weagles board have been working out his severance pay since the weekend....i dont mind how Goodie gives nothing away during press conferences basicly on rotation with the same words just jumpled up a bit, ahhh look, i dont know, like who would we get if we tossed him onto the scrap heap?

Pert is the one id like to move off from, getting back to Simone, i recon he has a flaw, like we been like this a long time, we dont kill anyone, we keep the other side in the game right down to the wire, no rabbits in his hat either, and lets not forget the stupid idea its turned out to recruit Grundy, the press  are on about that too now....Cats Swans and Port leading the charge to sign the young man....Bullocks i say, you can take it from me Grundy will most likely be number 1 ruckman next year with the Demons while Max at 32 will go forward end of story, Loyd and them dills think Max will ruck untill his 40......with 2 first round pics in the bank thank you Freo for staying 5th last we can hunt a brother for Roooooooooyen preferbly from the west as they make key position players well over there.

What might bother me is, if we win the 2023 GF we will get stuck with Simon for life...at least my life...ahhh that sounds negative, im not meant to be negative, I would have waited to see how the finals pan out myself, going out in strait sets again Simon wouldnt be worth a crakker...

Well Simon is looking like hes getting set up for life the recruiters are doing a decent job and look mate if he could get a stellar year out of Alex Neal Bullen hes worth another 2 ys in the job....but i would have waited till after the finals...and i got the news this morning, my life hasnt changed....

Thanks Alex explained very well but Grundy will probably move next year. Hopefully the Swans. I think the Dees have stuffed him around too much

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Thanks Alex explained very well but Grundy will probably move next year. Hopefully the Swans. I think the Dees have stuffed him around too much

It's trail by media.....a media push on Grundy, don't make sense that they didn't have a bigger picture of how Mr Grundy would fit into the team....like even a blind bat can see Simpson has to go but honestly the maths is Gawn is 32 in Dec takes longer to get over injuries not so dominate in most games any longer can play forward, Ben Brown is likely to be a two bit replacement when his knee isn't playing up, nahhhh id be surprised if Brodie goes anywhere, them dills even think we would get a first rounder for him, now we know pigs fly....Brodie number 1 ruckman for the Demons next year, Max will become a pinch hit ruckman playing forward...recall Gutnick? he's a Jew, we got a lot of jews on the board, they love a bargain, Pies are topping up Brodie's pay by around 250,000$ a season till dooms day, do ya think they gonna give that up? Let alone top up Brodies pay if he jets off into the nether? 

Don't think any of them so called clubs circling are going to pay Mr BG 950,000 to 1M over the next 4 ys mr and you can bet your bottom dollar Demons won't top up his pay because if he leaves us Pies are off the hook and since Demons and Pies are traditional foes we are going to make them pay every last penny.......and BG won't take a pay cut...other wise he would have stayed at Pieland.

• Like 1

A

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

It's trail by media.....a media push on Grundy, don't make sense that they didn't have a bigger picture of how Mr Grundy would fit into the team....like even a blind bat can see Simpson has to go but honestly the maths is Gawn is 32 in Dec takes longer to get over injuries not so dominate in most games any longer can play forward, Ben Brown is likely to be a two bit replacement when his knee isn't playing up, nahhhh id be surprised if Brodie goes anywhere, them dills even think we would get a first rounder for him, now we know pigs fly....Brodie number 1 ruckman for the Demons next year, Max will become a pinch hit ruckman playing forward...recall Gutnick? he's a Jew, we got a lot of jews on the board, they love a bargain, Pies are topping up Brodie's pay by around 250,000$ a season till dooms day, do ya think they gonna give that up? Let alone top up Brodies pay if he jets off into the nether? 

Don't think any of them so called clubs circling are going to pay Mr BG 950,000 to 1M over the next 4 ys mr and you can bet your bottom dollar Demons won't top up his pay because if he leaves us Pies are off the hook and since Demons and Pies are traditional foes we are going to make them pay every last penny.......and BG won't take a pay cut...other wise he would have stayed at Pieland.

West Coast has a habit of backing in their coaches.

3 of the last 4 were pretty much 10 year coaches.

Uncle Alex, you wanted to sack Goodwin 5 minutes after your premiership.

You could have Barrassi, Jeans and Clarkson there and they wouldn't do any better

with out injury list over 2 years. Continually have 7 or 8 first starters out.

Collingwood lose Daicos and Moore and people write them off and that's just 2.

Look at the injury list.

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

3 of the tops sides have hardly had an injury all year.

That's why they're top 3.

WC still have 8 to 9 first starters out.

Also don't need to spend 5 to 6 million (super tax included) of paying Simmo out.

Give him 1 more year and reassess.

I have a feeling the board will succumb to media pressure unfortunately and sack him.

Melbourne are paying about $750 000 per year to have Grundy going around in the Magoo's.

It's not working.

It was a bad move by Grundy and his management to go to Melbourne in the first place.

He wants to be number 1 ruck and he won't be before Gawn.

Reckon he will be at Sydney or Port next year.

He won't be at Melbourne.

Collingwood still on the hook for the $250 00 so a new club will have to stump up about the same as Melbourne $750 000.

Melbourne will probably ask and get a seconder rounder for him.

Anyway, that's it from me.

Go norf!

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Go norf!

I would take the win as a coach or supporter,the board and recruiters may differ.

But if Clarko is smart,McKay won't be playing(why play an uncontracted player)

and with that there goes our chance of winning so a dignified loss within five goals

will end it.

Was going back through the pre entertainment GF's since AFL introduced.

Angry Anderson and Bound for Glory a close second to Robbie Williams last year. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

A

West Coast has a habit of backing in their coaches.

3 of the last 4 were pretty much 10 year coaches.

Uncle Alex, you wanted to sack Goodwin 5 minutes after your premiership.

You could have Barrassi, Jeans and Clarkson there and they wouldn't do any better

with out injury list over 2 years. Continually have 7 or 8 first starters out.

Collingwood lose Daicos and Moore and people write them off and that's just 2.

Look at the injury list.

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/injury-list

3 of the tops sides have hardly had an injury all year.

That's why they're top 3.

WC still have 8 to 9 first starters out.

Also don't need to spend 5 to 6 million (super tax included) of paying Simmo out.

Give him 1 more year and reassess.

I have a feeling the board will succumb to media pressure unfortunately and sack him.

Melbourne are paying about $750 000 per year to have Grundy going around in the Magoo's.

It's not working.

It was a bad move by Grundy and his management to go to Melbourne in the first place.

He wants to be number 1 ruck and he won't be before Gawn.

Reckon he will be at Sydney or Port next year.

He won't be at Melbourne.

Collingwood still on the hook for the $250 00 so a new club will have to stump up about the same as Melbourne $750 000.

Melbourne will probably ask and get a seconder rounder for him.

Go norf!

We beg to differ an Grundy but...if they do trade him out there's egg all over them fellas faces, as for Pies continuing to top up Grundys contract it surely would end if we move off him which would mean he has to take a pay cut...Dees won't top it up I'm dam sure....You all forget Max is 32 soon, to move off BG would be a mistake, plenty of guys played the last few years forward to prolong careers, anyway IDC

I hear you on Simpson but honestly the very bad results don't bode well for him, like let him coach another season sounds intelligent but its supporters both through the gate and sponsors who need appeasing IDC but his body language stinks half the time, looks like death walking, its not trail by media its trial by results and no one gives an F about the injury list after 2 ys of crap...been through it, as for sacking Goodwin....yeah I'm not a fan of his resume, some really simple mistakes like blooding no one not a single soul in 2022, falling off the planet after a charge into the finals when WCE killed us, putting 15 guys under the knife same time, I read someone said Simons been getting better as a coach, well I think that's true to a point, anyway I decided to jump off the negative and back the dude, chop and changing is counter productive, lets see if he can deliver another flag by the time his 10 ys are up...fingers crossed..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ripstanley said:

Sorry Alex you have the 3rd lowest margin.  FJ  is ths margin champ with one round to go. You had better put those glasses on when you read the comps ladder board. You may get to 2nd after this week. Have a great round tipping.

Took you a week?

• Haha 1

Hot off the press, just heard big Max who's a Friday regular on Thripple M footy show when asked about the Grundy quagmire, said BG is on a 5 year deal, that sound like they will give up after one season? 

Not going to Swans....or Port....or anywhere....but hey I don't care.....You wanna pay me a million a season and play @ Casey? no worries mate.....

• Like 2

Well gang

That's it for another year.

Another tough round to pick.

Uncle Alex and FJ both picked 6, with FJ getting the Snickers bars this week.

Thanks again for all of your contributions.

Still look forward to some insight and banter for the finals.

image.png.7218d3f502d47e0ed7200a4730b3d0e2.png

Edited by Will27
  • Like 2