Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

7 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Well gang

Who do we like for this round of finals?

Melbourne to beat Collingwood

Sydney to beat Carlton

Giants to beat the Saints and

Brisbane to beat Port (sorry Scea).

Pies

Swans

Saints

Lions

Glad the bye week is over.

• Like 2

Brodie Grundy activated 10 min into the last quarter, kicks the winning goal after the siren.......

A fortune teller once told me......good book by the way, and no it never came true...he lived but it helped he didnt fly for a year just went everywhere by boat...so maybe it was true?

• Haha 1

I agree with Kane Cornes, but not on the Maynard issue, Demons need to think ouside of the box, Time for Grundy to take over number 1 ruck, Gawn to now go forward entire game against the Blues, I would add that there not meant to be any closer than 50 meters from each other, from here its my thinking, Grundy to play across the centre and defence, Gawn to play wing to wing and that traditional centre half forward role, Tom MacDonald full forward, Pertracca 70% forward 30% in the middle, Picket to start each quarter in the centre, he normally has blinders where doing this, Smith? back to medical sub, great when he comes on second half, not effective when he gets the entire game on the ground, be looking for runners to come in, Tell Max to handball to his runners rather than his blindly kicking it forward, and off course, stop bombing it in, Forwards to take some of the backmen for runs get that forward line uncongtested, make some god dam leads and look for them, Blues to good in the air and twice as many talls and in top form, yup need to think outside of the box a bit ...well think half the planet thinks like me...recon I could make a half decent line coach there?

But knowing how Goodwin thinks and his side kicks they will likely bring in one of the dud talls we have prob Josh Schache played about 2 games I will turn off the telly if he's playing...wont get a kick...Harry Petty on crutches would do a better job, just Grundy Simon, we know he can play, Max forward its a no brainer, small running forward line to either feed off crumbs or be quick enough to stop the Blues scramble it out,......simple I thinks...by the way that Rhalp think he writes for the Sun is a dick....

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

The drums are very loud about Grundy to the Swans. Their ruckmen have all retired after hearing the rumours.

Sounds like it's a done deal Rip.

God knows why he went to Melbourne in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Well the talk has turned to thunder, BIG foot in mouth, ( head sways from side to side) what was that you say? what? who? Ho!!!! signed on for 2 more years? Really?

Look we can't blame Simon can we? nooooo it was our forward coach, ex Tiger and Swan Stafford doing the dirty deed, easy path way for Brodie to go to harbour town....was a hack ruckman if my memory serves me right...so id like to know how he got to be forward line coach?

IDC...I don't care, 3 ys we been playing that forward line the same way, even longer maybe...

Anyway Brodes didnt set the world on fire at the G RIP.....think he's a long way from that million $ deal he signed a few years ago but better than what you had, like I watch all the games and I can tell you first hand none of us Demon supporters knew what they were doing with Grundy, did they give it a chance to work? no I don't think so, with rotations finding them 2 on the bench at different times kinda hard to spot in the forward line for than 5 min a quarter.....ho impact you say....(half jokingly)....

Spargo is in so that means 2 good games and a respectable one coming up assuming we get that far...Tomlinson? he is a bit loose but we need the height in the backline, they should give this guy a decent run you know....and Jordan, all the dud teams like North are chasing him...another Spargo type but lacks Spargo's class...think we call him the everywhere man, been playing back line, mid, wing and even wingman on a mission for the Indians on the way to the moon....why would you offer him a contract?

Well I feel a lot better knowing Martin is out.....he cut us up last time...GWS to stick it up Port.....have the experience and form to do it...sim salsa bin larden.....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Exciting game of footy last night.

Ended up being an almost year for your boys Alex.

Can't say they didn't give their all,Simon just needs to get the right finisher's up front.

Voss wasn't going to go down wondering with Acres,McGovern and Kemp the deepest three forwards with the match winning goal.

Look forward to tonight to see what Port and GWS sides turn up.

Another wasted year for the Demons.

Out in straight sets twice now.

16.28 in two games ain't going to win you too many finals.

Schache as sub was a strange one.

Back up for Gawn but why not sub out McDonald and give him a run?

They need to do everything in the off-season to get a key forward.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Exciting game of footy last night.

Ended up being an almost year for your boys Alex.

Can't say they didn't give their all,Simon just needs to get the right finisher's up front.

Voss wasn't going to go down wondering with Acres,McGovern and Kemp the deepest three forwards with the match winning goal.

Look forward to tonight to see what Port and GWS sides turn up.

It was "Born Under a Bad Sign" mr Fj, if we "didnt have bad luck we would have no luck at all"....so Jack Bruce would say.

The worst thing about loosing last night is Blues supporters will think they're in with a chance next week....Gees they were beaten for 99 minuets last night...talk about Norm Smiths Curse resurfacing.....naaaa he loves us all.....I hope...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

Another wasted year for the Demons.

Out in straight sets twice now.

16.28 in two games ain't going to win you too many finals.

Schache as sub was a strange one.

Back up for Gawn but why not sub out McDonald and give him a run?

They need to do everything in the off-season to get a key forward.

We are eyeing off Jack Darling.....now that theres no need for corvid shots...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

Hope tonights game lives up expectations.

Cracking game last night,sad there has to be a winner and loser in those situations.

Thought generally well umpired except for a few guys getting their heads ripped off.

"Call wardrobe Dept now," I.m stopping the game for a moment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Hope tonights game lives up expectations.

Cracking game last night,sad there has to be a winner and loser in those situations.

Thought generally well umpired except for a few guys getting their heads ripped off.

Have to disagree FJ.

I thought the umpiring was poor, especially after halftime.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2023-collingwood-vs-gws-umpiring-free-kick-count-luke-hodge-comments-calls-them-pathetic/news-story/4bbe381f2a3c0a7f95ec278c66764b14

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1