Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

A GWS/Bulldogs GF might be a bit tricky seeing as they play each other next week in the prelim.

Maybe next year.

Other than that, you're working beautifully.

That came out of the news paper exalted one.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Talking point:

Does having two byes during the finals give two sides an unbeatable advantage?  The chance to get over injuries, little niggles or just to freshen up before the hard work.

Or, as with WCE, it's possible to go cold waiting for the next game, or watching others getting finals pressure experience?

If GWS and, what's that other team that nobody's mentioned lately, Geelong, stroll into the big one will that provide the answer? 

I know that first break caused some here to start squabbling amongst ourselves or even take an interest in Alex's long tales about getting a ticket to the Mexican squiddish or whatever it was.

Do we really need that break?

My rambling posts are meant to lighten up the serious and sometimes mundane merdia posts, i personally prefer the politics in the game and eddie getting married tinsel town reports...

The double bye was good for the Scrays who had been bleeding injuries all year...not got for a hot WCE who was only coming good in the last few games of the regular season,  its fair to say the Scrays were better than there end of year home and away placing.

The Cats i think will benefit assuming they win next week with 2 games in 4 weeks, GWS? unknown quantity if history is true to from they at least wont make the GF.

By the way Croc, my main stay is Cuba....that was always my goal...they speak Spanish there too and the ticket was to a LA Kings Hockey game.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrantSmith said:

Yeah as much as I didn't want the Hawks to make the GF this year, I wanted GWS making it even less and I don't think the Doggies have that in them. 

I'll be backing doggies over GWS next week..

Whoever wins out of Adelaide and Sydney to beat Geelong and make the GF

I hope Rohan gets involved a bit more this week

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BookMan said:

I'll be backing doggies over GWS next week..

Whoever wins out of Adelaide and Sydney to beat Geelong and make the GF

I hope Rohan gets involved a bit more this week

On one side of the draw, I'd like to see the new kids on the block get through. Having said that, I wouldn't mind the WB getting through

either so don't really have a favourite.

On the other side, Syd as stated previously, for our Sydney boys on TV. If not Syd, would like to see Ade get through due to Don Pyke

being a West Coaster. Geelong have also had a pretty good run so wold like to see someone new get a crack.

I guess my preference would be GWS and Sydney.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

On one side of the draw, I'd like to see the new kids on the block get through. Having said that, I wouldn't mind the WB getting through

either so don't really have a favourite.

On the other side, Syd as stated previously, for our Sydney boys on TV. If not Syd, would like to see Ade get through due to Don Pyke

being a West Coaster. Geelong have also had a pretty good run so wold like to see someone new get a crack.

I guess my preference would be GWS and Sydney.

GWS v Sydney GF...

40,000 attend the MCG....

Squiddish? In plain english i had a choice of fly into LA or through Sth America since i will be spending considerable time in BKK early in the new year i chose LA, not a fan of anything American except for there footy and i dont mind the hockey, Mexico was always a plus ++, i studied mayan and aztec when a little kid at college...Cuba is where i want to go...since the embargo is officially over i need too beat the big Mac and talking about macdonalds shock horror there god dam everywhere in BKK now wandering around the bus stops last visit at VM a Macdonalds booth placed where you cant miss it....its a god dam scandal, where i live i cant get out of the area with out driving past one....

Yes Croc I'm go to LA, Cancun, Havana on return Mexico City, LA then Melbourne the home of the Dee's....i stay at each stop I'm not into hanging around airports if your a good boy i will post some pics for you if you have a preference of the look of women please let me know and i will see what i can do...me i like the all year round tan look some black is cool not to black i cant see her at night...if you think thats funny some years ago i walked into an African night club here in smith street was 2 am with a rather attractive woman a number of steps behind...the place was pitch dark all the only thing was the music pumping couldn't see anyone it wasn't that dark.....once my date caught up about 6 sets of teeth appeared around the wall....

• Like 1

That'll do me... The young bloods really standing up to be counted tonight.. Tommy Papley, said from the start he's a gun! Really stood up tonight to back up an otherwise disappointing game last week...

Rohan's going to be a huge out, hopefully Zak Jones is fit next week along with Future Brownlow Medal Winner and Rising Star Callum Mills is fit. Things won't be too grim....

Cinderella take another week off, Naismith all over Sauce (who will likely miss a couple of matches for that bump on Mighty Mouse) tonight and amply backed up by Nankervis will be able to handle Stanley and whoever else is backing up in the ruck for the Cats.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

That'll do me... The young bloods really standing up to be counted tonight.. Tommy Papley, said from the start he's a gun! Really stood up tonight to back up an otherwise disappointing game last week...

Rohan's going to be a huge out, hopefully Zak Jones is fit next week along with Future Brownlow Medal Winner and Rising Star Callum Mills is fit. Things won't be too grim....

Cinderella take another week off, Naismith all over Sauce (who will likely miss a couple of matches for that bump on Mighty Mouse) tonight and amply backed up by Nankervis will be able to handle Stanley and whoever else is backing up in the ruck for the Cats.

Mills back would be a big PLus...  Tippet even better...Nankervis looked dead in his feet from midway through the 3rd

Zak jones for McVeigh?

Rohan..no ready replacement...only Dean Towers

Well...Sir Buddy, was brilliant again!  Didn't help Adelaide they got injuries to two of their key defenders, but their attack was blunted and n excuse for them there at all...

Betts very well held by Smith...Grundy had so-so day...Rampe was good- bit of butterfingeritis but still good..Aliir continues to impress....a couple of daft kicks, but some clutch marking.
Starting Heeney out wide and keeping him near the contest was what he needed...All the forwards who went on holidays last week showed up this week..

Looks good for against Geelong....Geelong's forward line's not as goods as Adelaide's...so that gives us a step up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joboss said:

:whistling:   My bet Swans by 40+   Was worth a tenner

Disappointed,  nig noi,  Great footy season so far

Nankervis is pushing for inclusion in my fantasy team 2017.

We will keep Nankervis...if we can send Sinclair back to u guys with his remaining contract

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BookMan said:

We will keep Nankervis...if we can send Sinclair back to u guys with his remaining contract

Joboss dominators fantasy squad 2017 has no politics, no horse trading, just the best line up to amass the most points each round.  $/PTS is the benchmark.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joboss said:

Joboss dominators fantasy squad 2017 has no politics, no horse trading, just the best line up to amass the most points each round.  $/PTS is the benchmark.

Not sure if Nakervis will even be at the Swans next year.  He is unsigned and has been 4th ruck choice....but Sinclair might be 4th now.

Tippet/Naismith is the combo at the moment, if they are both fit

Eagles join chase for Demon Jesse Hogan

WEST Coast wants Melbourne forward Jesse Hogan and says it has been pursuing him for a "long period of time".

Hogan is originally from Western Australia and is contracted until the end of 2017 but Fremantle wants to lure the 21-year-old to Domain Stadium.

However, West Coast football manager Craig Vozzo told 6PR on Saturday that the Eagles will go hard for Hogan

"We've been in constant dialogue with his management over a long period of time. We've rated Jesse very highly from the time he was 16, 17," Vozzo said.

"If that was an opportunity, it's one that our football club would strongly consider and explore."

Hogan, the 2015 NAB AFL Rising Star winner, went to Melbourne in the mini-draft that allowed Greater Western Sydney to trade out the rights to four 17-year-old players in 2012.

He will not be a free agent when he comes out of contract, meaning another club would have to trade for him, unless he chooses to take his chances in the pre-season draft.

Melbourne had attempted to extend Hogan's deal before both parties agreed to put talks on hold earlier in the year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-18/eagles-join-chase-for-demon-jesse-hogan

• Like 2

17 hours ago, joboss said:

Ahhh your living in fantasy land Jo....there Cuban Americanos....find them in the Barrios of Maimi...they even have a burb i think named Havana there, the women on the Melicon wouldn't look anything like that as there just isn't much money there for them to splash on grooming but a little birdie told me if i venture out into the night clubs the odds change quickly not only will i have a choice of chocolate or plain milk or some coffee they will go home with me after rubbing up against me on the dance floor....Cuban salsa guys you pin the woman to your chest if your doing right, its like have sex when you not...if you know what i mean...luckily Cuban women are often on the petite side i hear more like your Kevin Bartlet types rather than your Sandilands types....speaking of which i did dance with a Nordic blonde who was at full arms reach when i spun her around there in BKK one time..that club is like the Copacabana of BKK well sort of its always there, the ceiling height which happens to be a mezzin floor above is well i can touch it as i did while swing said nordic blonde around at full arms reach for a guy just 5 ft 7.

I think your going to enjoy my trip more than me Jo....i hope they fix the iPhone app soon as tried to post a pic here from it yesterday to no avail.....

Now wasn't the Swans ruthless last night, correct me if I'm wrong WILL its a Swans and Cats prelim right? shame about that it should be the GF...So there is a very real chance GWS or the Scrays can make the GF.....well after the big wraps BOOK's gave me yesterday and my lousy predictions to date i wont make anymore in regards to who i think will be there....though i do like the Swans a hell of a lot the Pussys have recruited very well and with 2 games in 4 weeks well....they only have too produce sometimes...which is what there been doing all year.........

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BookMan said:

WEST Coast wants Melbourne forward Jesse Hogan and says it has been pursuing him for a "long period of time".

Hogan is originally from Western Australia and is contracted until the end of 2017 but Fremantle wants to lure the 21-year-old to Domain Stadium.

However, West Coast football manager Craig Vozzo told 6PR on Saturday that the Eagles will go hard for Hogan

"We've been in constant dialogue with his management over a long period of time. We've rated Jesse very highly from the time he was 16, 17," Vozzo said.

"If that was an opportunity, it's one that our football club would strongly consider and explore."

Hogan, the 2015 NAB AFL Rising Star winner, went to Melbourne in the mini-draft that allowed Greater Western Sydney to trade out the rights to four 17-year-old players in 2012.

He will not be a free agent when he comes out of contract, meaning another club would have to trade for him, unless he chooses to take his chances in the pre-season draft.

Melbourne had attempted to extend Hogan's deal before both parties agreed to put talks on hold earlier in the year.

Will and Jo boss can dream all you like Hogan publicly stated less than 3 months ago he was looking to extend his contract at the Dee's they will tie him up mucho long time like 5 ys at least, with the club on the verge of something exciting no worthwhile player will leave the club unless pushed out, my personal point of view anyone can be replaced so I'm not concerned i also think its a flawed idea to build around 1 player, in an AFL team there are 22 players so you need 11 pretty good players to go anywhere unlike the round ball game 11 a side inject 3 and your on your way...

Roos and Jackson will have left there mark on the club, I'm more than sure Hogan or another player worth anything will not want to leave in the next 5 years....but hey its getting to that time of year news papers need filler....

Edited by AlexRRR
  • Like 1

We have 4 teams left...all of which can win the GF this year...Most even for many years.

This path the Swans have taken is almost as i said i preferred a few weeks back...excepting the injuries..

They lost to GWS in a fairly awful display from the youngsters and not much better from the senior players....It was the game they needed and were going to have this finals series. MUCH better to lose that game than a knockout final. Teh youngsters this game were MUCH better....and they needed to be. They cant afford to freeze on the big stage now. And some of them have to stand up...7-9 youngsters....
We had Heeney shine this game...Aliir loves the big stage....Papley came good and was ferocious..kicking a bag of 4

Now...this is also a theory I have...I believe that both the Dogs and Swans are better placed than GWS and Geelong because of the multiple bye situation.  SYdney was sublime the first quarter against Adealide.  No way they would have been like that with a week of. 

That week off can be great in some ways....as it was for the Doggies in regaining players...but this year..a double week off?  I'm not sure it is an advantage at all.

Sydney biggest issue is injuries.  Question marks are on:
Tippet
Callum Mills
Rohan
McVeigh

Zak Jones

McVeigh is replaceable....unfortunately Zak jones is most suitable..but might be injured.

Tippet..we need him for his goal kicking...he really adds an option up forward ....ruck work has been excellent

Callum...SUPER valuable. The guys is a mini-general down back and against Geelong would be  a match winner

Rohan....so fast...breaks games open.  Tackling intensity. Dean Towers would be the logical replacement...but 'ol Deano isn't known for decision making under pressure

• Like 2

Predictions for next week

Doggies to beat GWS.  I think GWS will get nervy next week....Doggies wont. If GWS can have a couple of their forwards firing...could be a different matter.

I'll have to wait to see what team Sydney is fielding....If they were to have all the above mentioned players out it will be very very tough for Sydney to win. Maybe Sam Reid will play his first game this year....word is he is off to Collingwood.

GF wise...I reckon the Swans would fancy beating the Doggies...GWS a bit tougher for the Swans.

Geelong?  I think Doggies or GWS could beat them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BookMan said:

We have 4 teams left...all of which can win the GF this year...Most even for many years.

This path the Swans have taken is almost as i said i preferred a few weeks back...excepting the injuries..

They lost to GWS in a fairly awful display from the youngsters and not much better from the senior players....It was the game they needed and were going to have this finals series. MUCH better to lose that game than a knockout final. Teh youngsters this game were MUCH better....and they needed to be. They cant afford to freeze on the big stage now. And some of them have to stand up...7-9 youngsters....
We had Heeney shine this game...Aliir loves the big stage....Papley came good and was ferocious..kicking a bag of 4

Now...this is also a theory I have...I believe that both the Dogs and Swans are better placed than GWS and Geelong because of the multiple bye situation.  SYdney was sublime the first quarter against Adealide.  No way they would have been like that with a week of. 

That week off can be great in some ways....as it was for the Doggies in regaining players...but this year..a double week off?  I'm not sure it is an advantage at all.

Sydney biggest issue is injuries.  Question marks are on:
Tippet
Callum Mills
Rohan
McVeigh

Zak Jones

McVeigh is replaceable....unfortunately Zak jones is most suitable..but might be injured.

Tippet..we need him for his goal kicking...he really adds an option up forward ....ruck work has been excellent

Callum...SUPER valuable. The guys is a mini-general down back and against Geelong would be  a match winner

Rohan....so fast...breaks games open.  Tackling intensity. Dean Towers would be the logical replacement...but 'ol Deano isn't known for decision making under pressure

The week off/bye is always a had one to evaluate I reckon.

Usually if the side without the break loses, they say they were exhausted and if they win they say, we needed to keep playing for our momentum.

And same for the side with the break. If win, it freshened us up and if lose, we lost all momentum.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BookMan said:

Word on the Soi is that Hogan's manager has arrived in Perth to speak to Jesse.

Apparently his dad is in ill health and he's going to tell Melbourne this week he wants to come home.

Word is he will nominate Freo which is a bit cheeky if true.

Watch this space.

• Like 2