Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/perth-stadium-in-contention-to-host-2018-afl-grand-final-20170331-gvbb7j.html

58df05fa7cd2c_perthstadium.png.513cb8bb72f180cb01392dd7195a5343.png

Before Alex has apoplexy, I should point out today's date.

Really this should happen the MCG is looking very tired and in need of bulldozing. I understand that the Federal Government are putting money into this to remove the foothold the Victorians have on AFL and to make it a truly Australian Sport. Melbourne should be happy it has the Formula 1 which maybe considered for a move to another state sometime in the future so the revenue is shared around.
Malcolm Turnbull has stated that states who are getting a bigger share of the GST will have to forgo some of their sporting monopolies so states such as WA can get the extra revenue it desperately needs.
Sourced PerthNew

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I'm a yank here, been watching footy for about 4 years (thank you, Australia+). It is now my favorite sport, all the rest pale by comparison. Other than watching a game or two at a hotel bar during my 97 visit to Australia, and snippets on ABC (USA) "Wide World of Sports" program in early 60's, no exposure.... almost a virgin
OK, so I thought "Let's see if I can watch without having a favorite team... is it possible?" I have many players I love to watch: Martin, Cyril, Stringer, the Riewolds, Cox (a yank) and on and on. Try as I might, I did develop some teams I lean towards: Richmond, Doggies, Eagles and a team I don't like: Sydney. Maybe because it took a bit of time to figure out it was Opera House outline on shirts ("That doesn't look like any darn swan!) and though I liked Franklin at Hawthorn, there is something about him in red and white that just doesn't sit well with me.... been educational, learned some useful Aussie slang "under the pump", "crummers", "up and about", "claret" for "blood" and so on.
 Looks like it will be a good season, enjoyed todays game between the dogs and swans and the outcome. Cheers

No you wont be able to stay neutral....eventually you will have to choose a team.....i think Red and navy blue are very fashionable colours so plz consider.....ho and were on "the up" another new term for you "sport".....

Really this should happen the MCG is looking very tired and in need of bulldozing. I understand that the Federal Government are putting money into this to remove the foothold the Victorians have on AFL and to make it a truly Australian Sport. Melbourne should be happy it has the Formula 1 which maybe considered for a move to another state sometime in the future so the revenue is shared around.

Malcolm Turnbull has stated that states who are getting a bigger share of the GST will have to forgo some of their sporting monopolies so states such as WA can get the extra revenue it desperately needs.

Sourced PerthNew

Bulldoze the G, someone is living in la la land.....its a historic land mark of Melbourne has its own railway station and set in parkland...reminds me of the Lord Mayor and Eddie everywhere wanting to bulldoze a 10 year old stadium so the folks in West Melb had a clear view of the harbour and of Docklands...how in considerate of town planners to "get it wrong"

Might be time that the rest of the country understand that the VICS do it well, and we support in droves, by all means if other states think they can do it better and support it go for it.....

Right now no one does it better in sport than the Victorians and the Victorian goverment in Australia, we make it happen and we get it done, some jealously is bound to muddy the thinking of people who refuse to see economics as a driver of what happens...the only other city capable is Sydney yet they cant fill to capacity there stadiums, i was at the Asians Champions final in Sydney 2 ys ago it was not a sell out, there were plenty of empty seats, yes big crowed of around 90,000 but no not a sell out, if at the G 95,000 and sold out in advance....

• Like 1

No you wont be able to stay neutral....eventually you will have to choose a team.....i think Red and navy blue are very fashionable colours so plz consider.....ho and were on "the up" another new term for you "sport".....

No go purple and anchors!!!!

• Like 1

Bulldoze the G, someone is living in la la land.....its a historic land mark of Melbourne has its own railway station and set in parkland...reminds me of the Lord Mayor and Eddie everywhere wanting to bulldoze a 10 year old stadium so the folks in West Melb had a clear view of the harbour and of Docklands...how in considerate of town planners to "get it wrong"

Might be time that the rest of the country understand that the VICS do it well, and we support in droves, by all means if other states think they can do it better and support it go for it.....

Right now no one does it better in sport than the Victorians and the Victorian goverment in Australia, we make it happen and we get it done, some jealously is bound to muddy the thinking of people who refuse to see economics as a driver of what happens...the only other city capable is Sydney yet they cant fill to capacity there stadiums, i was at the Asians Champions final in Sydney 2 ys ago it was not a sell out, there were plenty of empty seats, yes big crowed of around 90,000 but no not a sell out, if at the G 95,000 and sold out in advance....

Yes but I think it should be time the other states get to learn how to do, it is no use having all the knowledge in one state.

Melbourne does sporting events so well, there would be a sell out if the MCG held the World Darts Championships.

Some from The Harbour City might suggest it is because there is EFF all else to do here.   Green with envy.

• Like 1

You cannot have it both ways, last season the Crows were second last for frees against, if they've decided to play a harder game this year and give a few more frees away for a better result then the chips will fall accordingly.

No doubt some of their notoriously whining supporters will still talk more about the umpiring next week than the win. :cool:

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

One of those notoriously whining supporters made accusations of umpire cheating last year.   I challenged him to put up or shut up.   Sadly, but predictably, he lacked the substance to do either.

With the advanced IQ that he informed us about a couple of weeks ago,  I was hoping for some more stimulating discussions from him this season.  Again, sadly, not to be.

• Like 1

If the mini topic is umpires..... I feel for the saints. 23/8 count against. 

I did not see the game but stark numbers given they had the game in hand till last quarter.

Always tough to win in the west.

• Like 1

One of those notoriously whining supporters made accusations of umpire cheating last year.   I challenged him to put up or shut up.   Sadly, but predictably, he lacked the substance to do either.

With the advanced IQ that he informed us about a couple of weeks ago,  I was hoping for some more stimulating discussions from him this season.  Again, sadly, not to be.

You have been reading my mind.... I just didn't want to antagonise our intelligent professor again.....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 hours ago, Radar501 said:

You challenged me to put up or shut up did you? Refresh my memory, I know I stated Sydney got a very poor deal in the GF, and I stick to that opinion. What was it you wanted me to put up?

You're  very unlikely to get any (more) stimulating conversations from me as long as one character is completely overwhelming the forum with tripe.,

Apologies for publishing my IQ,  it was a stupid thing to do and I quickly deleted it. (Not quick enough apparently)

Anyway, after the lopsided free kick count in favour of the Eagles today I should shut up on that subject.

If the mini topic is umpires..... I feel for the saints. 23/8 count against. 

I did not see the game but stark numbers given they had the game in hand till last quarter.

Always tough to win in the west.

You can bet someone won't have noticed the imbalance the Eagles got today, and mind you they played one of those Vic teams that someone seems to despise with a vengeance...

I watched the first quarter they were blitzing the eagles then let them
Back in with 2 or 3 goals end of the first when they could have sewn up the game, turned it off 5 min into the second my thoughts then were they would be lucky to win even they up by 20 odd points, Saints not mature enough as of yet, few more games before they hit there straps then watch out, they can be deadly once they get the run going... Dee's exposed there weakness and that's playing keeping a off with them.

Anyone see the wedt coast / saints game?  Talk about bloody favor the eagles from the umpires.  They totally handed that game to them.  West Coast bias jesus it was so in your face.  Lets also talk about that waste of space McCartin,  so called N#1 pick and after 3 years couldn't even stick his finger in his own arse. What a total waste of space his was on the field.  The useless piece will never be another St Nick who was captain in his 2nd year.  Come on Saint Kilda dump this useless piece of excrement as he is an heavy turd anchor.  McCartin is easily the worst player in the comp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

Anyone see the wedt coast / saints game?  Talk about bloody favor the eagles from the umpires.  They totally handed that game to them.  West Coast bias jesus it was so in your face.  Lets also talk about that waste of space McCartin,  so called N#1 pick and after 3 years couldn't even stick his finger in his own arse. What a total waste of space his was on the field.  The useless piece will never be another St Nick who was captain in his 2nd year.  Come on Saint Kilda dump this useless piece of excrement as he is an heavy turd anchor.  McCartin is easily the worst player in the comp

Yep, WC got a good run with the umps today.

I didn't think it cost the Saints the game though.

Bad kicking did.

Saints had 13 shots at goal to 4 and should've been 6 or 7 goals

up at quarter time methinks.

Promising signs from them though.

I think they will still play finals though, even after being winless after round 2.

• Like 2

I watched the Eagles SK game and was disappointed with my choice of the Eagles because they were losing. My son was making me Majhitos and I hung on until three quarter time when I fell asleep only to find they came back and won. I do not know about the umpiring, I did not notice any bias although in some games I think they do make some decisions that are questionable.

I think umpiring is difficult at any level, I did umpire and run the line for soccer when my children played and even then I was accused of being biased against their team as well as the opposition. You are making decisions on the run and you are human I would be surprised that at a professional level there would not be any knowing bias shown.

I enjoy reading the banter but I agree getting personal is not really called for.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

I watched the Eagles SK game and was disappointed with my choice of the Eagles because they were losing. My son was making me Majhitos and I hung on until three quarter time when I fell asleep only to find they came back and won. I do not know about the umpiring, I did not notice any bias although in some games I think they do make some decisions that are questionable.

I think umpiring is difficult at any level, I did umpire and run the line for soccer when my children played and even then I was accused of being biased against their team as well as the opposition. You are making decisions on the run and you are human I would be surprised that at a professional level there would not be any knowing bias shown.

I enjoy reading the banter but I agree getting personal is not really called for.

You can tap into the mojito’s and nod off anytime that the Eagles are losing, if a run over win is going to be the result.

Edited by joboss
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Thechook said:

Someone will need to publish the tipping and fantasy results.  I just cant access them in chiangmai.  Keeps telling me to register.  I think I have 4 tips so far for rd 2

You have 3 out of 6 at this stage.