Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Buddy is the best player I've seen since Gary Ablett senior.

Lance Franklin might be AFL’s greatest player.

Lance Franklin

Former colleague Mike Sheahan’s love for Wayne Carey was boundless. Sheahan had seen all footy from the 1970s to now and when Wayne Carey was at the top of his game in the mid to late 1990s, Sheahan declared Carey the best player he had seen — over Leigh Matthews, Malcolm Blight, Jason Dunstall, Tony Lockett, Gazza Snr and Jnr. But the love affair ended on Friday. Sheahan said Franklin was his new No.1 and, befittingly, Franklin produced a knockout performance on Saturday night, kicking five goals to lead the Swans to victory over the Giants. Sheahan is not the first commentator to rate Franklin above Carey, but this was different. This was a football divorce.

How the game has evolved,Franklin is one of the last true centre half forwards going around.

When i coached,that was always your best player(CHF) and his name was 1st up on the blackboard.

Superboot and then Carey were my idols as a kid.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, farmerjo said:

I did win the tipping lifetimes ago it seems now.

Normally don't do to much,have been pretty much a part timer since arriving in Thailand at the tender age of 33.

Have seen to many good people fall off the perch close to normal retirement or just after.

I'm not taking that chance?

Speaking of working on the fantasy team,i pretty much had a plan from just before the byes knowing who i needed with the amount of trades left till the end(missed one weeks worth with crappy internet in Laos)so i will still have 100K left i cant spend.

One good thing was Anderson taking out Doodee so i know Alex you have one forced trade.

Bit of scribble from this morning if you can decipher it?

20180820_144911.jpg

I'd look to ditch either Macmillan, Goldstein or Wingard... Actually I'd definitely ditch Wingard... Bringing in Lloyd from the Swans (if you've got the cash to splash), Gawn or Martin, and maybe Heeney or Buddy...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrantSmith said:

I'd look to ditch either Macmillan, Goldstein or Wingard... Actually I'd definitely ditch Wingard... Bringing in Lloyd from the Swans (if you've got the cash to splash), Gawn or Martin, and maybe Heeney or Buddy...

Rather then just looking at individuals,i look at who is playing who.

Macmillian if given kicking in duties is servicable, Saints kick a lot of points.Goldy comes up against an inexperinced ruckman this week.

Wingard scores better at the Adelaide oval.Lloyd is a good choice but who will play on him this week,Purpopolo?

Gawn is Gawn,Lobb will even the contest.Heeney is in terrific form but against the Hawks.Buddy is on fire,depends if Frawley is good to go.

For me the better scorers will come from the one sided games(i hope)

Decisions decisions.One thing i can't afford is late withdrawals.

Edited by farmerjo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, farmerjo said:

Rather then just looking at individuals,i look at who is playing who.

Macmillian if given kicking in duties is servicable, Saints kick a lot of points.Goldy comes up against an inexperinced ruckman this week.

Wingard scores better at the Adelaide oval.Lloyd is a good choice but who will play on him this week,Purpopolo?

Gawn is Gawn,Lobb will even the contest.Heeney is in terrific form but against the Hawks.Buddy is on fire,depends if Frawley is good to go.

For me the better scorers will come from the one sided games(i hope)

Decisions decisions.One thing i can't afford is late withdrawals.

OMG I try and keep it simple....I normally stick to players form....though felt I was too Dee heavy going into the finals....off loaded 2 so far.....playing three finalists in a row......there are 2 forwards id like to change......trouble is there are few forwards firing at the moment......though both should score above average this week...yes I look at the score ratio over 5 weeks if the trend is down out they go or dont get picked....

Normally I have done both tipping and fantasy thus nights....but this week it will be 6 pm Friday......one man down last year and a blunder on selection may have cost me last year when in fact I could have fielded a full team still I still dont understand how I was thinking.....normal review mid week on possible changes is Tuesday night its a serious affair indeed here we go here we gooooo the grudge match is on in ernest...

• Like 1

Goddard wont get a new contract at the Bombers next year he wants to play on..... think he would be a  nice fit for the Blues RADAR........Malcolm Turnbull survives a Dutton drop kick into the forward line this morning by taking a specie and waltzing off with the ball, increased his numbers as well....them queenslanders are a rebellious lot...we should annex them and give em to Donald Trump to govern...

WCE are snookered again for a ruckman Aaron Sandilands will remain a Docker, Pederson is out of contract again WILL.....

Seahawks boot there 36 year old punting veteran for 22 year old Aussie sensation Mickie Dickson, leads every punter in the NFL after 2 preseason games, Mick signed a 2.7 million $US 4 year deal though you can bet there are plenty of clauses to double even triple is income....not bad for 18 games a year.....

J Waite finally calls time....im sure Fj WILL be devastated....

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/the-questions-the-demons-need-to-answer-20180818-p4zy94.html you can read it for yourself....if clubs that lost by 10 points or less won them where would they be on the ladder now....Dee's 2 games clear on top from Richmond....

Kieshu Honda wont make it to Sydney to start his first game in an FA cup game.....just shy of a weeks training the 3 million dollar Victory gun will be saved for the regular season...

The NFL is only 2 weeks away......im seriously thinking of getting a Global live pass was very enjoyable when stuck in boring LA on a dead sunday to pop on the telly and watch the Raiders and later the Broncos....non stop football all weekend.... i do think Gridiorn is a riveting game...ive always seen it as live chess.....nowhere on the planet does a man come on the ground and needs to be be on the ball mentally every other code maybe except for baseball allows there players to run into some form not Gridiron...the average life expectancy of an NFL player is less than 6 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, farmerjo said:

https://thewest.com.au/sport/ross-lyon/what-it-would-cost-fremantle-to-get-rid-of-ross-lyon-this-year-ng-b88933800z

Clubs should be better organised.Members i would consider to be shareholders.

The way this pans out is not in the best interest of the members. 

I have a view....This is press fodder and dam unhelpful they didnt offer him that contract with out clause's as well as the fact he can coach, its time they look more closely at the recruiters and football mangers in the end they plan for what they need, it was actually nice for a change that Richardson wasn't blamed for the crapy players the Saints have managed to recruit the last few years.

Clarko gets all the praise for 3 on the trott and its fair to say he's been a good coach the Hawks are the best club since the 70's and the reason for that is there backroom staff...though i think they have shot them selves in the foot  with there zeal in FA and the Mitchell and lewis affair, still if they snag one within the next couple of years all is forgiven....

3 hours ago, stud858 said:

Here's to another bag of 10 for Jack.

IMG_20180821_115019.jpg

Rumor has it he's wanted by the tri colours snag.....there is a family affair attached to this as well as lots of money bagging another flag this year Jack has no reason to stick around and wont cost the Saints to much in draft picks to get him....you been in Pattaya to long son...the wine women and song is dulling the sensors....sim salsa bin laden...

Edited by AlexRRR

Would be sad to see jack go but there's caddy and umm. I forget his name. Talk of a new forward from gold coast.

I'm currently in a wat doing a vow of silence. No wine and women here. Just the blowing winds and the tigers theme song blowing out loud over the speakers in a hummitty hummity rythym.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stud858 said:

Would be sad to see jack go but there's caddy and umm. I forget his name. Talk of a new forward from gold coast.

I'm currently in a wat doing a vow of silence. No wine and women here. Just the blowing winds and the tigers theme song blowing out loud over the speakers in a hummitty hummity rythym.

Ahhh its good to see that you are mending your immoral ways, Confucius say ....definition of a true genius is a nudist with a memory for faces....

15 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Rumor has it he's wanted by the tri colours snag.....there is a family affair attached to this as well as lots of money bagging another flag this year Jack has no reason to stick around and wont cost the Saints to much in draft picks to get him....you been in Pattaya to long son...the wine women and song is dulling the sensors....sim salsa bin laden...

Jack only signed a new contract 3 weeks ago.

Took a pay cut as well. Presumably so they can get Lynch from the GC.

He's going nowhere.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Jack only signed a new contract 3 weeks ago.

Took a pay cut as well. Presumably so they can get Lynch from the GC.

He's going nowhere.

You do not understand my humour with new kid in town uncle WILL....he took it hook line and sinker....now you spoilt the fun he would have thought up untill end of trade week Jack was going to the Saints...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

You do not understand my humour with new kid in town uncle WILL....he took it hook line and sinker....now you spoilt the fun he would have thought up untill end of trade week Jack was going to the Saints...

Oops

Sorry big fella.

I'll go and have another coffee to wake up.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, AlexRRR said:

Kieshu Honda wont make it to Sydney to start his first game in an FA cup game.....just shy of a weeks training the 3 million dollar Victory gun will be saved for the regular season...

Geez Alex you might wanna have a chat to management at the Victory, losing to a lowly NSL side in the FA Cup... Pretty embarrassing...

8 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

I thought I read something on the age.com.au about all the big names being around. Cotchin, Ants in his pants, dusty, and Jack. I'm not only a super stud but super polite too. I'll let you have you're fun now,  but come granny time, you'll all be bowing to the super stud roaring tiger fan.

Tigers by 237 points in the final.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:39 PM, AlexRRR said:

Saints already have 9 jacks, don't need another one.

• Like 2

Yes Grant the Victory went down...and down and down...Honda did not play nor there 2 other new signings....APIA arnt a bad team and use to belong in the 1st div of the old NSL...so there a big club in the own paddock...

Victory looked dead and gone by mid season last year then got there act together to take the flag from 3rd....it will be the same this year in terms of coming off the blocks...

I payed out mucho $ to get a stream of NFL oh yes watched 2 games so far....preseason games....almost fell asleep watching the Patriots wip the Eagles no pun intended there WILL in game 2 of preseason which happened to be a replay of the Superbowel final of last year...(Eagles won that one WILL).....37-20 at Foxbourgh stadium I assume in Boston or somewhere in New England......not NSW...America....

GWS gets to play on the G for the second time this season....other was in round 2 against Collingwood when they did not fare well....now before the chorus starts GOOD teams can WIN ANYWHERE at ANY time...though I do accept the AFL could have been more reasonable to the Gaints in match scheduling.....anyway there wishing for a big hostile crowd to help prepare for a possible finals encounter on the G since Pies Dee's and Tigers call it there home ground they're likely to end up there a few times...

Dear Chooks the Saints would be happy to land another 20 jacks playing AFL  because no one wants to go there the only way they can get players are through the Draft or delisted FA.....

And dear Super Studd.....sometimes we have light moments and down time here unfortunately old WILL was caught before the caffeine hit the mark the other day and blew the joke away, if you read the heading off this threat its Banter.....as well as football....some really like to get into the nitty gritty of it all and some like to be humorous and some like to blow there teams trumpet and some like to do it all....

Mr Fj, Fantasy GF day is almost here.....im looking to roll out 2 new guns, ive studied hard and came up with several scenarios.....at this stage one forced change in Doedee....he played his GF last week scoring 90 he dont do it 2 weeks in a row and has been on the chopping block for a while just had more pressing concerns....got a nice replacement in a young gun on a roll and mucho $ cheaper....which allows me to spend up on a forward and there I was eyeing off Franklin who I now can afford easily when I hear he may not front this week....so some more searching has unearthed another fine figure of a man who I feel more confident with since Franklin if plays may not be his damaging best since Kennet said Franks dont play well against the Hawks....slasa Havana Cuba...

• Like 2

?Don't know if your trying to confuse me or yourself Alex.

I guess it depends on the weight of 84K in the bank last week.

I thought you may trade out Sier for a cheapy and that would give you enough cash to put in 

Laird for Doodee and even the backline contest.

That would leave us 13 points apart on paper.

Think it will come down to the Captain.

Mitchell doesn't fare so well against the Swans they say.

Grundy in Perth against big Sandy or Ablett with or without a tag against the Suns.

Or will Big Benny Brown kick 10 to score 180.

Decisions decisions.?

• Like 1

No fella....my concerns have been Doedee and forwards Grey and Demon Bailey F, the Crow did his job last week glad he’s injured made the choice easy, by the way I’m not confused at all...there’s been few forwards in the 600,000 plus bracket playing most games doing well la Franklin has only hit the afterburner last few weeks after Kenneth words I ain’t picking him....

Grey gets to keep his place because for Port it’s a must win to have a chance he’s also due for a good game it’s the maths Fj, so unless there is another forced change it’s Dee Bailey F to be omitted, Goodwin has him playing up the ground more and spent half a game in defence last week, as a forward mid he regularly scores the ton the other way around he’s lucky to pull 50.......

I have quietly been replacing my Demon players who for the most part got the job done but can’t afford an off day at the G Sunday as it would shave 200 points off average.......

Don’t think you can take a risk with mitchel not being your captain but I’m happy if you do replace him as the son of a gun can clock up 350 by half time if he gets the run of the ball...

Not changing any emergency’s there money in the bank if a late withdrawal that’s what bought me undone last year fella....just good player management all year, I’ve looked and found classy cheapo players all year long and I’ve found another....hehehe...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

You've got me thinking about the cheapies Alex.

Till this arvo i had Lloyd in for Macmillon and Westhoff for Caddy.

Now i've changed Shuey for Ross and Caddy for Waite.

Waite,Waite,Waite,yes Waite.I have a feeling about Waite in his last game.

Laird is Elcapitano.More to come....

Don't like when players are named on the splinters.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, farmerjo said:

You've got me thinking about the cheapies Alex.

Till this arvo i had Lloyd in for Macmillon and Westhoff for Caddy.

Now i've changed Shuey for Ross and Caddy for Waite.

Waite,Waite,Waite,yes Waite.I have a feeling about Waite in his last game.

Laird is Elcapitano.More to come....

Don't like when players are named on the splinters.

Laird you say for captain.....well done.....more on him after lock out...hahaha....am i making you nervous son?

I made my changes at 6 am udon time sir....you know flips like to call you sir....Filipinos....gees....

Think your making up your own mind games there fella....first time in a GF for you...here its just another game....numero 3 for me old boy....relaxed and reasonably confident......hahahaha .........when you tinker to much you come undone....goes with the pad of players you had.....tinkering to much....thinking to much...your god dam Thai now you been there that long....they dont like to think to much....a wobble here and wobble there all the screws will fall out and you will come undone............

Ps checked my team have an emergency in each department thats critical in a GF kid...sim city WILL be back...

• Like 1