Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

Wow the silent one awakens....a few months of celebrating and the fellas ready to hit the dirt running....

Did I get my year wrong?....I thought the Bombers made amends in 2000 by smashing the Dee's in the GF....

You know I WILL never forget her smile....good bad indifferent she always had a smile untill she was ready to tell you off....

It is worse when they smile while telling you off
  • Like 1

Just as we go into the silly season here in AU its hotting up on the footy front......Swans sign Menzel up for a year and hope he can stay fit.....

The Blues.....are looking to throw the "Bug" a life line....Radar should be wrapped Tomas Bugg WILL be in navy Blue next season...and why not? dam good running out of defence think P Roos knew a thing or two more than Goodwin, im tipping the Blues to he hot to trott next season...and you heard it here first....

Mercenary homesick kid Hogan has-been giving the number 11 jumper at his new club, not Jimmy Stynes number...Gawn has that...its some no hoppers departing gift to Hog's on getting out of the place.....

The merry-coaching-go-round of the NRL what a twist...i only tuned in cause its looking more like a Thai soapie, Wayne Bennet the 68 year old Broncos coach says he's seeing out his contract to the end of season then will take on some other NRL club that he signed to coach for 2 years right at the end of the home and away season....they certainly are open about where there heading up there in NSW...even talk that the broncos and the club he's heading for might even do a swap before the start of the new season.......wow trowel it on with cream fellas...

Bunnings have advised the sausage sizzlers you find out side the front of every Bunnings store the onion now goes first.....yep thats right...onion before the sausage hope you ordered a slice of bread with that fellas...Seems the onion has become a slippery villain on Bunnings floors...to help keep insurance premiums down the sausage is now on top of the onion guys....What next?

Chooks mate N Freeman might be getting picked up by the Suns...seems they think Dewie is something of a Merlin the magician up there turning water into wine, picking up a host of thrown aways WILL be interesting to see what happens next up there...

Well were just weeks off a Victorian election....and to make sure Dan Andrews who i might remind you folk gave 1 billion dollars of Vic tax payers money to some consortium for ripping up signed sealed and delivered contracts for a new road has promised to put phone charging stations at CBD and inner railway stations, now thats got to be the sweeter that does it...32 bars with 160 charging ports at each CBD station....He in one foul swoop killed of JB Hi Fi sales of battery charges you see most people with these days....one of my Thai female friends has 2 chargers in her hand bag at all times....yes its true ive seen them at work...just one phone though....a high end Samsung Galaxy.

Dan now has included renters into the half price solar panels theres a bit of a catch to it unfortunately for the renters....who only need to cough up a monthly levy totalling $250 for the year for 4 years for the Labour prize...the landlord has to foot $1000 over the course....fat chance of course...while Dan i mean us puts up 50% of the bill....some how signing a renter up long enough to pay off there share seems like a hard think to do...Aussies by nature are nomads ....Then theres a ring rail planed...an airport to city train link...gees the state of Victoria will be stone motherless broke if this guy gets back in....money is confetti to these dudes....The Chinese WILL own Victoria and everything in it....including the AFL.......

Harry....you all heard of Harry im sure...Harry Kewel...former Aussie soccer star.....sacked after 14 games at Notts County as manager.....was brought in early into to the season as the boys were on the slide to relegation....well they still on that slide....3 wins in 14 the owners said enough kid....back to the colony of NSW in irons...... Harry there was looking ok at Crawley Town when Notts came calling...Crawley Town is like say Kilmore here...just up the highway we use to drive through on the way to Sydney no pretences them being anything more than a country footy club.....but Notts....well they use to be big time and that was a long time ago in fact they the first soccer club in England so when they came a knocking all ears stood up....Harry should have stayed put as it turns out....

Browns pull the trigger on coach Hugh Jackson and i wonder why....3 wins 36 losses and 1 draw and its just a 16 game season over there in the NFL, never won a game in 2017...0-16 they must have got him cheap as his career stats are 11-44-1, i seen the game Pittsburg touched them up 33-18 that lead to his sacking...also some peculiar calls i noticed and so did the boss, mind you im no expert on Gridiron though ive seen a lot of games to know how it goes...Offensive coordinator Todd Haley got the sliver bullet too....no reason to ask why there....Browns had been in the first 5 games with a 2-3-1 could have won them all....crap against the Chargers bad call cost them against the Bucks then the Steelers touching them up then Hugh and Todd get the bullet....Big call to take on the hot KC Chiefs with no coach respectable in the end but wow last week Browns kill off a hot 3 game winning streak by the Falcons...not of ford fame... 

• Like 1

As much as I think the current system is unfair to interstate clubs, I still don't like

the idea of the best of 3 grand final's…..yuk.

Crows claim MCG grand final unfair but won’t push for best-of-three series

Adelaide will not join Sydney in pushing the case for a best-of-three AFL grand final series, despite believing the current system is unfair.

Crows coach Don Pyke does not believe the MCG should automatically host the grand final every year, saying it gives Victorian clubs playing interstate rivals a big advantage in the premiership decider.

But he has denied reports that he had asked the AFL Coaches Association to campaign for the radical change of a best-of-three series after the Crows’ 2017 grand final loss to Richmond.

“My thoughts regarding the best-of-three grand final series concept were not part of a direct approach but rather an informal dinner conversation earlier this year,’’ Pyke told The Advertiser.

“It was part of a broader discussion where several ideas were raised about the future of our game.

“I am not saying the best-of-three series is the answer but I think it is fair to say that if you were starting the AFL competition from scratch today then serious consideration would have to be given to not playing the grand final at a ground which acts as a home venue to some competing teams and not others.”

Pyke, who was asked at dinner by coaches boss Mark Brayshaw about possible changes to the game, believes the Tigers were given a massive leg-up last year when they got to play the grand final at their home ground against a South Australian team that finished higher on the ladder.

But he is not sure a best-of-three grand final series is viable and understands the MCG is locked in as the AFL grand final venue until 2057 as part of a deal with the Victorian Government.

While the Crows will not officially push for change, the Swans will when the competition committee meets next week.

Chief executive Andrew Ireland is adamant a one-off grand final at the MCG is unfair to interstate teams.

He believes this year’s grand final, where WA outfit West Coast upset Victorian powerhouse Collingwood, should have been played in a best-of-three format.

Ireland claims the Eagles, having finished above the Magpies at the end of the home-and-away season, should have hosted the first leg at Perth Stadium with the second game played at the MCG.

If a third match was needed, it should have been held in Perth, Ireland said.

He told Macquarie Sports Radio that the competition committee had been asked to look at ways to improve the fixture and that he will push for a 20-week home-and-away season and an extra week off before a possible three grand finals.

“It’s never going to be perfectly equal,” Ireland said.

“My view is, and I think it’s worth looking at, maybe a 20-week season.

“The thing I look at with the grand final in particular — I’m not a betting man but I’m sure the odds for the grand final if Adelaide had have been playing at home (in 2017) compared to the MCG would have been dramatically different — and that tells you that there is a skew for having to give up that home ground.

“In my view is it unfair that the higher ranked team has to come to the MCG (for the grand final).’’

Former Geelong star Jimmy Bartel has slammed Ireland’s proposal, describing the best-of-three grand final idea as “dumb”.

“It’s one of the more ridiculous ideas I’ve heard,” the triple premiership player said.

Port Adelaide did not want to buy into the argument.

• Like 1

Yes I agree....total fooie.....bullocks........why not conferences and divisions?

The day will come as they do in the round ball game and Gridiron where a ground is nominated way before the start of the new season where that one day in sept game WILL get played....I dont agree with the concept looking at this years GF that the Eagles should have hosted it....no way Jose ......

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes I agree....total fooie.....bullocks........why not conferences and divisions?

The day will come as they do in the round ball game and Gridiron where a ground is nominated way before the start of the new season where that one day in sept game WILL get played....I dont agree with the concept looking at this years GF that the Eagles should have hosted it....no way Jose ......

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Putting the contractual MCG obligations aside, surely Alex, you don't think it's fair that WC had to play a side who finished below them on their home ground?

Even a neutral venue such as ANZ stadium which holds around 80 000 would be fairer.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2018 at 1:51 AM, Will27 said:

Putting the contractual MCG obligations aside, surely Alex, you don't think it's fair that WC had to play a side who finished below them on their home ground?

Even a neutral venue such as ANZ stadium which holds around 80 000 would be fairer.

Thats what I said dear WILL.....neutral ground....but in some cases it doesn't work out to be like that...many times in other codes a team reaches the final and that final is on there turf...cant be helped it does happen...

I propose choosing the venue a year before, at least in soccer that even needs to have a certain standard to qualify, the reason the GF been handed to Vic's for 30 years is Andy kick in 500 million so obviously all at AFL house wanted the cream and didn't mind handing over the rights...mind you directors on the board are from all over the land so lobby your state federation for a change....maybe hand back the money...

Anyway....im a strong believer good teams win anywhere, once you reach a high level don't matter where you play and who your playing you win...enough interstate teams have won the flag on the G id dare say more have won than lost it ....

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

You did not notice mine did the same, obviously a glitch with Thai Visa and not an Apple X feature although I was using an Apple but not the latest as you are using

Yes I know Gaz.........I didn't want to get into an Apple Andorid war that's been raging with a former member here  who talked me into buying a cheap Samsung prime phone...

In truth I kept on hitting the send button on my new XR.....by the way..I measured it up against my co worker who owns a 7+ and its almost the same size about 3mm shorter of course more screen size....sad to say my shorts do drop on one side due to the extra weight oh well....but im loving the size...never used the phone for more than text and calls before..im actually reading the paper online at times on it  and more comfortable with with some of my travel apps for flights and bookings so yes I love it....but there is a glitch.....it locks up every now and then....we miss Steve Jobs...he wouldn't have allowed crap like this to happen...dare say a softeware update is on its way...interestingly Apple have realised a 3rd software update for Mac.....only 2 for the phone so far...they are getting sloppy in that department...and all sice the the new iOS appeared with with the new gear...

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, AlexRRR said:

Thats what I said dear WILL.....neutral ground....but in some cases it doesn't work out to be like that...many times in other codes a team reaches the final and that final is on there turf...cant be helped it does happen...

I propose choosing the venue a year before, at least in soccer that even needs to have a certain standard to qualify, the reason the GF been handed to Vic's for 30 years is Andy kick in 500 million so obviously all at AFL house wanted the cream and didn't mind handing over the rights...mind you directors on the board are from all over the land so lobby your state federation for a change....maybe hand back the money...

Anyway....im a strong believer good teams win anywhere, once you reach a high level don't matter where you play and who your playing you win...enough interstate teams have won the flag on the G id dare say more have won than lost it ….

We will have to agree to disagree.

Look at the home ground advantage's that Geelong and Richmond have.

They're massive.

There is a stat going around that says "Only once in 30 years of the national comp has a non-Victorian side managed to overcome the away ground disadvantage of playing the GF against an MCG tenant, without having draft or salary cap concessions of some sort".

3 hours ago, Will27 said:

We will have to agree to disagree.

Look at the home ground advantage's that Geelong and Richmond have.

They're massive.

There is a stat going around that says "Only once in 30 years of the national comp has a non-Victorian side managed to overcome the away ground disadvantage of playing the GF against an MCG tenant, without having draft or salary cap concessions of some sort".

Think we get to play on the G about 8 or 9 times a year that would include other tenets doing the same we take some home games to Marvel and NT...so its hardly a great home ground advantage....unlike what the WA teams have.

2 hours ago, AlexRRR said:

Think we get to play on the G about 8 or 9 times a year that would include other tenets doing the same we take some home games to Marvel and NT...so its hardly a great home ground advantage....unlike what the WA teams have.

Compared to West Coast playing it twice:whistling:

Let me ask you this.

Where would you've preferred to play WC in the preliminary final..Perth or Melbourne?

On 11/18/2018 at 6:17 PM, Will27 said:

Compared to West Coast playing it twice:whistling:

Let me ask you this.

Where would you've preferred to play WC in the preliminary final..Perth or Melbourne?

We beat you over there 2 years in a row i think...We beat the Crows at home too and 2 years in a row i think.....i dont fear any ground...as i said good teams win anywhere, Gees Eagles have won 4 flags now and 1 loss....dont think your doing to bad there old fella....

• Like 1

Kieren Jack hangs out more dirty laundry.....the once midfield machine and Swans fading light got married.....to his honey.....a former entrant to miss universe....and a channel 10 jerno Charlotte.....his parents were not in attendance nor older bro.....well 2 years later we get some more info, we all thought that his mum and pop spat the dummy cause they didn't get tickets and a free plane ride to the 2014 GF....now....yes now...we find out Jack gave them to Charlotte's parents....so yeah why not see it as a slap in the face? Kieran could have done the deed a little cleaner, anyway sniping by mum continues...

In a statement to The Sunday Telegraph, Jack’s parents said: “We would like to wish Kieren and Charlotte all the best on their special day.

“It is unfortunate and disappointing that we were not in attendance of our son’s wedding, but sadly none of the family made the invite list. Nonetheless, we wish them both well.”

Well thats not completely true younger bro was best man....

I dunno....cant understand people sometimes....fix it kids gees over the years I've swallowed my pride for harmony within the family structure..

Jarryd Hayne a NRL great and at the moment a FA is up on sex charges for being a naughty boy after what looks like taking it to far anyway innocent untill proven guilty...but wait there's more...was charged with rape in the USA while playing with the 49ers, all hush hush of course and came home after the one solo year there....

And while were on about sex, charges were laid on Gazza in London for being a naughty boy on a train....Paul Gascoigne...a troubled but once a brilliant player who retired eons ago, there is a good movie/doc about him out made about 3 or 4 ys ago...do yourself a favour and look at it, I would say has mental health issues that manifest into all sorts of things...talks slow but he could move quickly...very likeable guy.

The best feel good story of the silly season has arrived....there are a few Aussie punters doing well in the USA one for the Seahawks but a lesser light who's actual stats are better....Cameron Johnston.....does a AFL type body slam on a punt returner, the Eagle got press coverage for what the Yanks think was an amazing tackle.....often in Gridiorn they take you out by your legs an upper body tackle is kinda foreign to them... a simple grab and hold and slam you into the ground is there go to way....Cam was drafted by the Dee's in 2011 only lasted a short time got himself a scholarship in the US and its all history now....

The Socceroos continue with can't find the back of the net disease, Arnold the new head man recons we have the players....4-0 romp in the first game against nobody's and we all thought geesssss he might be right...but back on struggle street against Sth Korea and lucky to get away with a draw...Tim WILL get to play his final game and kiss good-bye thanks for the fun Cahill against Lebanon, who? its one of them arab country tries right on the Mediterranean Sea that Syria untill its civil war keeps meddling in since once apon a time it was part of greater Syria so now you know why the meddle there...anyway there friendly's so it don't matter to much just a bit of fine tuning for the Asian cup that start in the New Year.... 

Browns had a bye week....but while looking through Netflix cheat sheet one of the online papers put up I managed to find a movie about the backroom workings on draft day USA NFL style, well of course they take a few liberties and since by the end of the movie your hoping for a feel good ending and we get it we dont ask to many questions...Kevin Costner plays head draft huncho poncho who's having a secret fling with one of the office women..he of course looks every bit of 60 on HD and she of course looks every bit of 35 work for the Browns and of course are nowhere near as bad as they are n real life well this is 2014 which was the start of 1 win in 2 seasons, anyway she has got her self pregnant and its not by divine intervention he Kev actually did the deed...of course its draft day and she's told him the night before, poor Kev's in a quandary with pick 7 and seems unenthusiastic due to draft coming up...its big business there...on his way to work after pissing off the gf the Seahawks call offering there number 1 draft pick in return for there 7 and next years 1 and the following 2cd round pic that later turns into Browns next 3 years ist round picks....

Also calling him on the way to work is the dad a former full back and star Brown hoping his son will get called up in the first round who would go early for sure to remind him there Browns through and through...Local boy also calls up Kev who's in his twin cab Ranger driving to work that hey man I was the best defensive line backer in College so dont forget...he also WILL go in the first round for sure......kev is in a delima, add mum to the mix, the secret office affair, add owner wanting a statement made on draft day when he finds out about the Seahawks offer.....a pissed off head coach who wants a Running back not a Quarterback etc etc...well of course it turns out all well...kev gets his 2 rookies and gets back his later fist round pics and only losses the next 2 years worth of 2cd round pics...mum likes the new gf the gf is happy again since Kev brought the affair out of the closet they keep getting interrupted in...its called the Draft...so if you got nothing to do one rainy day look it ups...

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thechook said:

Well draft night and the saints are looking for a key forward.  McCartin turned out to be an absolute flop.  What is it 5 years and still only played around 12 games.

Could be worse.. You could be a Carlton supporter who's had the pick of the litter for the better part of the last decade and still have nothing to show for it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1