Australian-rules-football-afl-chatting-tipping-and-news

BookMan

theres been a rush on the roll of paper Aussies use to smear the poo over there ass....have any you Thai based guys taken up the art of using the hand held hose to clean your bottom? I just have a shower after....easy, frigging hot who cares right? Only ever kept some toilet rolls for guests, i never used.

You should provide some pictures here Alex, just so we are all clear on your toilet habits ????????

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Hopeful that this weekends full  Marsh Series matches gives  tipsters more insight for the upcoming season kickoff , at the moment its as clear as mud.

join fantasy mr oz....

5 hours ago, ozzydom said:

Nah Alex, have always been a realist plus for most of we octogenarians FANTASY has passed us by.

????

its easy .....i start by loading about 10 Dee's on to my list.....nothing to be real about...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:17 PM, ozzydom said:

Hopeful that this weekends full  Marsh Series matches gives  tipsters more insight for the upcoming season kickoff , at the moment its as clear as mud.

Gold Coast victory... against Adelaide.. bottom of the table shootout maybe?

You and @AlexRRR would be happy with the win against Hawthorn.   I'm happy to see Hawthorn beaten anytime.

If Hawks don't make finals this year their free agency/brown paper bag in the carpark recruiting will have to be marked down as a failure.
Finals and Clarko is once again a Genius

Edited by BookmanBkk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 days to go ......Dee's take care of the Hawks....I dare say they wont be so ordinary later in the year....they won the third quarter only and yes they kicked a lot of points, was good defence, Bayley F god what a hard name to spell.....shall refer to him as number 31 in the future, thats old Rons Barassi's number....has been a curse on it since he left end of 64, they did mothball it for a while later it was givin too what they considered there star recruits....so much so I cant recall to many who had it....but one quickly comes to mind..."Fabulous" Phil Carmen, we pinched from Collingwood, was already heading into hack years and to be fair was a bomb ready to explode he got reported a fair bit, was in the Robert Walls mould of centre half forward a punch to the back of the head to the defender in front while going for the ball....and I disliked R Walls.....a lot.....Phil was just entertainment....was a bit of  a character he was....Reams and reams was written about him when he played for the Pies I dare say it was a shock when he moved a few ks down the road to the G, Now im not sure but I think Brent Crosswell got Rons number too, another who was entertainment and got reported a bit and a centre half in the Walls mould, he also could do a Taliban rocket launch at any time, we also picked him up around the time riga mortis was setting in, Ron Barassi's love hate relationship with Brent at North eventually sent him on his way, so im sure to spite Ron he asked for his old number....now another man just popped into my mind, Shane Zantuck, think he wore Rons number too also a refugee from the great North sides of the 80's  and we got him young now im not sure but could have, he played a few years for us was a decent defender too and there is a vid going around of Shane telling Ron when he was coaching the Dee's to "go get <deleted> Ron" that the whole of the nation could see...this happened at 3/4time one game that we were getting killed in...and......did Clarko Clarkson wear 31 at the G for us....he did spend some time with us also, also came over from North, back then Dee's record of 7 in a row and we won 6 of them well something like that, North only snared 2 cups....anyway North had a great seconds team as well.....we tended to pick up North players of that era, Nettlefold was another....

Well I had to google 31 its now got me so intrigued.....we shall stick to after Ron.....and no the number was not put away, Ray Groom was given it to stick it up Ron when he left, went from 15 which is a decent number over there at the G to 31, Ray was a half decent player and a premiership player....one of my =favs actually....the number was put away for 6 ys then till Billy Barham turned up.....I do recall some spin on this guy but you know....never lived up to it...

After Fabulous retired we picked up Kelvin Templeton who had worn 31 at the Dogs, was there captain and a top full forward..was...was over the hill...well injuries restricted him, we never did see the best of Kev ever he had better days at the kennel and we payed mucho to much for him....Rod Keogh was next in line to wear 31.....now there is something about this guy, I just forget now....wore it for 3 ys...gees I thought he was around a while...Cockatoo-Collings was next in line, top quality recruit we thought...he didnt last long as well....are you seeing a picture here? There is a bit of a line of no hopers and over the hill hacks but after Collings Paul Wheatley turns up wears it from 2000 to 2009, was a not bad player not a star but not bad, mostly was in the 21....Then next was Tom Scully, he lasted 2 ys then took the money and ran.....number 1 draft pick and was expected to be the best thing since sliced bread, well history shows he's a good ordinary player just above average, then jack Grimes, 4 years of hope high draft pick, had a tradie I met on a job tell me he knew him form local footy days, couldnt speak highly of him....well dint make it in a <deleted> side so there...Then Bayley Fritsch, see what I mean about his name....this guy is already a star, kicked something like 35 goals in his debut season then crucified in defence when Leaver went down went back to the forward line late last season after players were coming back and started kicking goals in a team who struggled from the centre forward...great grab marks taller than he is and pretty good in front of goal.....

I hate this laptop, some key I dont realise I hit wipes out a paragraph I write...<deleted> Apple....them <deleted>tie windows pcs dont do that...

4 Players wore 31 after Ron who never even played a game, Ron is bigger than Ben Hurr in Demon land, its very hard to live up to the prestige of 31 there, a top class hard at it star who played in 6 GF wins and 2 loosing gf's, club captain who pretty much had 2 or 3 pages of the Sun devoted to him for years...where Ron went success followed....untill he came home to coach us....well at the time it looked like a bad career move and it was as far as the record books go, he had sent Slug Jordan at that time a maestro in coaching young talent first at the Tigers then at North to Melbourne a few years before, also no doubt Ron told the board who should come in and who should go out so much power had he, and of course recruiting staff etc....History shows Ron only got one win in his first season and I went to every one of them games in 84 except to Sydney.... got mildly better, now I dont know why he ended his 3 year term but again history shows that next up was John Northey who took us on a run like we hadn't seen in over 30 years, the team that Slug and Ron built from the ground up... https://www.heraldsun.com.au/ipad/the-legend-of-footy-great-ron-barassi/news-story/2060063b2c7abb20520e7ee30d570349?sv=5f9eb8438310f36caa242221c5c9e6e4

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BookmanBkk said:

Gold Coast victory... against Adelaide.. bottom of the table shootout maybe?

You and @AlexRRR would be happy with the win against Hawthorn.   I'm happy to see Hawthorn beaten anytime.

If Hawks don't make finals this year their free agency/brown paper bag in the carpark recruiting will have to be marked down as a failure.
Finals and Clarko is once again a Genius

I have to agree with the young brash kid from the coast....I hope Hawthorns FA pillaging blows up in there face....last night while watching id say half the team were FA recruits for the Hawks, on every line on the ball just everywhere....I just looked up there team, 9 players from other clubs, and im sure there's more maybe the list isnt up to date or some FA have retired....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Titus looks at how supporters feel about this season.

ADELAIDE

Can it be worse than last year? It’s certainly possible. Since the Crows went on their little Gold Coast holiday, it’s been a lesson on the damage corporate offsites can do to a group of people.

Mood: At least Brett Burton and Don Pyke can’t hurt us any more.

BRISBANE LIONS

Last year was a dream come true for Brisbane fans, so much so many of them even went to games, reacquainting themselves with the Gabba for the first time since the early 2000s.

Mood: Bullish.

CARLTON

Carlton fans have been a study in group trauma over the past 20-odd years, so much so I almost felt sorry for them. Blues fans go into 2020 with a new sensation, a sense they may not be awful.

Mood: Actually happy it’s footy season.

COLLINGWOOD

Pies fans are confident they have a team that can once again make finals, and choke in them. They have the same feeling I have about life — sure it will have some nice moments but certain it will end badly.

Mood: Pessimistically optimistic.

ESSENDON

The Bombers haven’t won a final since 2004 — a great result for everyone not an Essendon fan, but a stat that leaves its fans feeling flat when footy season rolls around. It’s a bad sign when you look back at the James Hird coaching era with fondness. Essendon fans hold two conflicting views with equal passion, confident of a return to finals, while also believing this will be another wasted year.

Mood: Conflicted.

FREMANTLE

Dockers fans live in a footy version of the movie Groundhog Day, but without the humour.

Mood: Here we go again.

GEELONG

Geelong fans were already staring down a season without Tim Kelly and then the club sent them a fixture with opponents, dates, venues and starting times all misprinted. Not since the Bombers failed to get to a practice match have fans wondered if something was an omen for the season ahead.

Mood: Concerned.

GOLD COAST

If you have no hope, it can’t be crushed.

Mood: Resigned.

GWS

I’d make a joke about the Giants having no fans, but GWS fans then say I’m lazy and could come up with a better stereotype. I tell them stereotypes apply to groups, but both of them won’t get my point.

Mood: Still recovering from the Grand Final.

HAWTHORN

When will these dark times end? There are still Hawks fans coming to terms with the fact you don’t win a premiership every year.

Mood: Confused.

MELBOURNE

If you know what it’s like to have a series of intensely painful operations coming up, then you know what it’s like to be a Melbourne supporter approaching every season.

Mood: Terrified.

NORTH MELBOURNE

Brad Scott is gone! Brad Scott is gone!

Mood: Pretty happy Brad Scott is gone.

PORT ADELAIDE

It’s hard to get excited when in recent years your club has nailed the formula for being mediocre. The only exciting thing about this season will be seeing in which new and exciting way Port can narrowly miss out on finals.

Mood: Average.

RICHMOND

Richmond fans are the new Hawthorn fans, except scary.

Mood: Ebullient (it means cheerful and full of energy, Pies fans).

ST KILDA

Saints fans are veterans, they’ve seen things. When you’ve been in hell this long it feels like home. St Kilda fans don’t get excited, they suppress feelings.

Mood: Stoic.

SYDNEY

Swans fans are still getting their heads around the fact they didn’t play in the finals last year. Surely, it was an administrative error?

Mood: Super excited about “the young kids”.

WEST COAST

You’re a great team, won a premiership in 2018 and have added Tim Kelly this off-season. Eagles fans feel like a kid whose parents bought you a pony while all the other kids got socks.

Mood: Unbearable.

WESTERN BULLDOG Last season was like a party you didn’t want to go to but turned out to be pretty fun, it could be fun again this year.

Mood: Trust in Bevo.

Im not terrified, victory is even sweeter when you dont taste it often, so you can imagine how I would be here if we actually took off the cup this year...

And you soon know how good your supporters are......a building hardware guy who looks after my nail guns and bout them all from him is a Bomber ....during the Sheedy years did he crow like a lion, like best everything, these days he is so disinterested even down in the dumps if you bring up football....has stoped talking about them absolutely nothing its always about the Economy and how much work do you have these days...

Were a hardy lot Oz and myself.....and the other 50,000 who were silly enough to get a membership....

But do look at our history, when we get our act together we often bundle the premierships in 3's...hallelujah!

• Like 1

Good morning all,

Ron and I asked if Bigwazz could be a part of the football tipping a few years ago because I though we were looking for more people to join in.  As a condition of him joining it was made clear he needed to be a member and participate in the banter on TV.  To date he has joined TV but has never logged in or partaken in the banter.

Ron tried unsuccessfully to get him to join in up until he passed away as I have also but he refused and last year he got quiet abusive and made refererences that any group he had joined before have been precious pansies which I took offence to as part of the group.  

He actually finished the conversation by saying I could shove the tipping up my <deleted> and he would not participate.

I said fine and if he did not participate in TV he would not be able to join the tipping as he would nto have the key to get into the tipping group for 2020.

To my surprise this year a key was not required and I find he has joined once again.

Ron worked tirelessly for TV and the football tipping and he was a stickler for the rules.  I know I do not post a lot but I do post according to my level of knowledge for football.

I do feel strongly as did Ron and I am sure others who have commented as to who the hell Wazz is that people should be known to each other on the TV site and this rule should be adhered to.

Therefore I would actually like to ask for him to be removed from the group and put it to you members to decide if this rule should apply thus removing Wazz from the tipping group for the Thai Mob on the AFL Website.

Thanks

Gary

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thechook said:

You guys are administrators as well.  Gazzman, Alex and Will.  Sorry Bookman didn't add you last year as Chimps had you locked up in the shed.  I'll add you

Sorry Chook only the competition owner can delete an entrant, just looked and tried and that is what it told me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gazman1 said:

Is this a picture of Alex’s toilet in Melbourne?????

image.jpeg.6c9eeadd45e639c94ad5bb19e865e161.jpeg

This was when @AlexRRR was disillusioned with the Dees and was searching for that sweet happiness he mentioned earlier.

Sadly, the answer wasn't to be found with Collingwood either

• Like 1